We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

GLFF or general chat?

So I have noticed GLFF has become a general chat channel for anything. I turned it on last night to find a person or two for a quest and found:
    - trading
    - advice
    - ooc type comments
    - and the occasional 'flavored' remarks
    all going on. It is like some players don't realize there are other channels for certain things. I have honestly thought of seeing if it would be worth changing GLFF into OOC or using OOC for finding others. Does anyone think there should be a request for channel changes regarding names? It seems silly going to GLFF for what it is named for when it is used for a bunch of other stuff. I even saw one person ask if GLFF could be used for finding Fellowships, he got replies like, "No, hah! XD"

Since GLFF is a user channel, not an official channel, it can be used anyway people want to use it, as long as they don't break the CoC.

Hahaha, that's just Imladris for you. It's always been like that and I don't think that it's ever going to change.

Its like that on a lot of servers. And since we don't have a dedicated ooc/general world chat people use GLFF for everything. I don't see it as a problem really because its not disrupting people actually looking for fellowships. I also don't think its going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by themannweb View Post
    Hahaha, that's just Imladris for you. It's always been like that and I don't think that it's ever going to change.
    that's not actually true, one of the nice things about the server for the first year or so of its existence was that glff was pretty much glff and not much else. It's been getting way spammier and trollier in the past ~year.

With the coming and going of some people (i wont mention names, but i think we can all imagine a few) gllf has become more of an ooc channel, but personally i don't have any problem with that. And when you're looking for a fellowship, you can just post it there, and be sure you'll get help.

glff has become a bit more civil lately, less about trolling and more socializing, but you do see people looking for groups and others helping out.

I do agree with no trolling GLFF but disagree this server sucks. I have found some pleasant people playing here and like the lower population, I have enough lag as is especially during festival time, I can imagine what it would be like if there were more players and I live close to the server location.