We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TiberPancake View Post
    Meh, I always find using it when RK is at high attunement more effective, but then it also depends on the RK

Basically the same as what I do except for the dust and disarm. I use upper hand instead of dust because it gives +500 armour rating, it's not much but it adds something.

I usually find that ATO/Stun pots is needed more with RKs with low morale. But then I rarely fight high morale RKs tbh. Though I usually use ATO for if something resists like thrash, disarm or dust at beginning.

Everything in my posts is opinion, not fact.
    If you wait longer on disarm you risk the chance of eating 2 EoS in a given fight. Its very often that 2nd one that will kill you. I'll use upper hand if I don't have an armour pot up, but its a waste of a move IMO, a move better spent doing damage. Not sure how you have more trouble against lower morale RKs, but without watching you fight I couldn't comment about that.

I will say that you should consider going with 3 crit defence, it makes a resounding difference especially in 1v1s. Just something to consider. Your guide is a good starting point for reavers, btw. Well done.
    Creeps: Fissure R-12
    Freeps: Presdas R-9, Arcteus R9, Dainsleif-1 R4

Quote Originally Posted by apb8808 View Post
    If you wait longer on disarm you risk the chance of eating 2 EoS in a given fight. Its very often that 2nd one that will kill you. I'll use upper hand if I don't have an armour pot up, but its a waste of a move IMO, a move better spent doing damage. Not sure how you have more trouble against lower morale RKs, but without watching you fight I couldn't comment about that.

I will say that you should consider going with 3 crit defence, it makes a resounding difference especially in 1v1s. Just something to consider. Your guide is a good starting point for reavers, btw. Well done.
    EoS..? Sorry, not played my RK in a long time.

But meh, I tend to use upper hand instead of dust simply because it removes the wound but you still get the armour buff. Not much more of an animation tbh.

And lower morale RKs hit much higher and have much higher crit. If they get to kite you you're as good as dead.

And yeah crit defence/tact mits is very nice against RKs, since the ~2k+ morale isn't going to do much anyway since the RK hits so big.

And cheers, and cheers for the opinion, always nice to hear *someone* has constructive criticism.

Are your RKs that bad or are you talking about 1vs1 circles where they are gimping themselves..

Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    Are your RKs that bad or are you talking about 1vs1 circles where they are gimping themselves..
    their talking about sending a rank 10+ reaver after a horrible RK. which as this thread was a BEGINNERS guide to the reaver class, helps absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Light12 View Post
    their talking about sending a rank 10+ reaver after a horrible RK. which as this thread was a BEGINNERS guide to the reaver class, helps absolutely nothing.
    I find it nice to debate about more high rank shizzle once in a while.

The OP is a beginners guide and will remain a beginners guide.

Edit: I didn't really want to say this, because it is often unlike me, but since I've been pondering on this post for the evening (Silly I know,) I'll just say this: If you don't like things being said on a thread and if you don't agree with it, go make your own guide to try and help people with! Even if I'm not the best of Reavers. I tried making a guide with all the knowledge I have, which is a step forward from what most higher ranked players do these days sitting around in Grams crying about how terrible their class is and telling newbies not even to roll the class. I appreciate constructive criticism, if you're just going to pick fault for something stupid, go elsweir (pun intended).
    Last edited by TiberPancake; Oct 03 2012 at 06:18 PM.

glad to hear it.

Edit: I didn't really want to say this, because it is often unlike me, but since I've been pondering on this post for the evening (Silly I know,) I'll just say this: If you don't like things being said on a thread and if you don't agree with it, go make your own guide to try and help people with! Even if I'm not the best of Reavers. I tried making a guide with all the knowledge I have, which is a step forward from what most higher ranked players do these days sitting around in Grams crying about how terrible their class is and telling newbies not even to roll the class. I appreciate constructive criticism, if you're just going to pick fault for something stupid, go elsweir (pun intended).
    Ha, pegged him rather well, by the looks of his signature.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000af98e/01008/signature.png]Gurthalion[/charsig]
    [OOC] Faja: 'new expansion isnt even out yet, i've already failed at it'

I wish to apologize to the people above - I'm often in a bad mood when I post

I've updated the guide to suit our modern day Rohan needs, if I missed anything out which I probably have, please do feel free to say.

Happy Reavering, Olog

Burning Blades

A full detail guide to Reaver

II. What skills and traits to buy
    [*]4. Burning Blades. This is a very essential trait, it gives fire damage so improves damage a lot, freeps have high common mi
    Hi, a very casual reaver here, i had a question about slotting this trait. I looked at the average phys and tact mit of each class on my server (withywindle) And only two classes (champs, capt) had higher phys mit then tact. All there other classes had just as much tact mit as phys or even more tact mit then phys.

With this information, would it not be better to unslot burning blades to do common damage?

Thanks in advance

Used this site:
    http://ttahvo.webatu.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by AbandonShip View Post
    Hi, a very casual reaver here, i had a question about slotting this trait. I looked at the average phys and tact mit of each class on my server (withywindle) And only two classes (champs, capt) had higher phys mit then tact. All there other classes had just as much tact mit as phys or even more tact mit then phys.

With this information, would it not be better to unslot burning blades to do common damage?

Thanks in advance

Used this site:
    http://ttahvo.webatu.com/index.php
    Common damage still does less because classes have much higher common mitigation base than they do non-common damage types. The reason being 100% of your armour rating is added to common mits, only 20% to non-common.

Example: If you have 10k armour rating you'll have 10k common mitigation base, but you'll only have 2k non-common mitigation base because only 20% of your armour is added to non-common. Hope this helps

Common damage still does less because classes have much higher common mitigation base than they do non-common damage types. The reason being 100% of your armour rating is added to common mits, only 20% to non-common.

Example: If you have 10k armour rating you'll have 10k common mitigation base, but you'll only have 2k non-common mitigation base because only 20% of your armour is added to non-common. Hope this helps
    Still confused.

when i look at these tooltips it states under tactical mitigation that it reduces damage from fire attacks, so doesn't this mean that reaver attacks with the trait will go through that instead of physical mitigation?

Quote Originally Posted by AbandonShip View Post
    Still confused.

when i look at these tooltips it states under tactical mitigation that it reduces damage from fire attacks, so doesn't this mean that reaver attacks with the trait will go through that instead of physical mitigation?
    Yep

/123

to unslot or not

Yep

/123
    Hmm did a little more thinking on this, in my previous post i said only a captain and a champ had higher average phys mit than tact mit, but obviously warden and guards would enter the moors in their might builds, resulting them to have more phys mit than tact mit aswell. This would mean that against the might based classes burning blades would be effective.

These are only 4 classes against 5 classes who have higher tact mit than phys mit on average.

An example the average ratings for withy runekeepers would result in: 27% tact versus 20% phys meaning a lot higher damage without burning blades.

Maybe i'm missing something, like the fact that one could perhaps easily cap their respective class in the moors instead of how the average is. I have no idea because i don't pvp freepside. But even then my gut feeling tells me that they would go for tact mit the most since a lot of creeps have tact attacks.

The facts seem to indicate that unslotting burning blades would yield more damage to most of the classes, and more importantly to the healer classes. So i guess i will need to find a replacement trait.

Not played my Reaver properly in months, hardly play LOTRO either at the moment, so I'm making a request, I'd very much like the community to contribute to the guide on updates etc, since the base is all there, just throw in a post of which section and the content, and I'll add it in/change it

Cheers in advance

Another post about this, sorry to resurrect/spam BUT

This is lying around in my signature and hasnt been updated since before update 9, can I please get some PM's with some advice here and there of what/how to update it for the current time? Please?

OP: tl;dr

Easy reaver guide:

1) Buy all your skills
    2) Get rank 11+
    3) IMPALEIMPALEIMPALEIMPALEIMPALE IMPALE
    4) Enjoy your view from the top

Quote Originally Posted by Aldeld View Post
    OP: tl;dr

Easy reaver guide:

1) Buy all your skills
    2) Get rank 11+
    3) IMPALEIMPALEIMPALEIMPALEIMPALE IMPALE
    4) Enjoy your view from the top
    Such beautiful constructive criticism there.

If you can't contribute to this, don't post. Not good enough for you? Make your own guide, be gone.

Two constructive points I would offer:

• I am convinced that common damage is generally the way to go against experienced freeps who have tact mit added to their build, and this has been true for a long time. The basic equation is as follows:
      • Sundering Blow debuff + freeps who don't properly prepare for physical mits = FTW!

I think many Reavers would be happy to free up the class slot and use something else. (Newer creeps can also save the 1,000 Commendations to put toward more Audacity/skills/traits.) More info (including tests to back up what I'm saying) in my post at this link.

• I would also highly recommend using 4 (or at least 3) crit corruptions. The extra crits and bigger crit magnitude are especially important for spike damage in my opinion (and spike damage is key when killing targets that are receiving heals or self-healing). It doesn't hurt to have Improved Gut Punch proc'ing defeat events more often either. I use 4 x Crit, HfP2 and DfP2.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranedain View Post
    Two constructive points I would offer:

• I am convinced that common damage is generally the way to go against experienced freeps who have tact mit added to their build, and this has been true for a long time. The basic equation is as follows:
      • Sundering Blow debuff + freeps who don't properly prepare for physical mits = FTW!

I think many Reavers would be happy to free up the class slot and use something else. (Newer creeps can also save the 1,000 Commendations to put toward more Audacity/skills/traits.) More info (including tests to back up what I'm saying) in my post at this link.

• I would also highly recommend using 4 (or at least 3) crit corruptions. The extra crits and bigger crit magnitude are especially important for spike damage in my opinion (and spike damage is key when killing targets that are receiving heals or self-healing). It doesn't hurt to have Improved Gut Punch proc'ing defeat events more often either. I use 4 x Crit, HfP2 and DfP2.
    Agreed. I can't see much reason for anyone not to use Common + 4x crit at the moment.
    Eraelin | Redemnus

Quote Originally Posted by Aranedain View Post
    Phys mits
    I'm not arguing here, but didn't captains, champions, etc, used to have a LOT more phys mits than tact mits, making them indestructible when it comes to common damage? Or would sundering actually make up for that? Not getting at anything here, serious question, as I'm very ignorant of the situation atm

I'm not arguing here, but didn't captains, champions, etc, used to have a LOT more phys mits than tact mits, making them indestructible when it comes to common damage? Or would sundering actually make up for that? Not getting at anything here, serious question, as I'm very ignorant of the situation atm
    Having tested it common is better for practically every situation outside glory champ and sword/board guardian. The difference in common/tact mit. is negligible at best and the higher their phys. mit. is the greater sunder will affect their loss of Phys. mit. which is usually in the vicinity of an 8-11% increase in damage, it's well worth losing the fire damage for the increases i've seen. That and it frees up a valuable trait slot.
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    Having tested it common is better for practically every situation outside glory champ and sword/board guardian. The difference in common/tact mit. is negligible at best and the higher their phys. mit. is the greater sunder will affect their loss of Phys. mit. which is usually in the vicinity of an 8-11% increase in damage, it's well worth losing the fire damage for the increases i've seen. That and it frees up a valuable trait slot.
    Okay, thank you thank you, will add it in somewhere.

Fighting tactics for certain classes also need updating if someone can find the time for me, thanks

Edit: Okay, updated burning blades info, and corruption info, thank you
    Last edited by TiberPancake; Aug 02 2013 at 06:56 PM.

I'm not logged in to give you numbers at the moment, but in general (assuming good gear and a fairly defensive build):
    • Against heavy classes, common v fire is more or less a wash. If they aren't stacking much tactical mit, you will be at a disadvantage with common, as heavy classes get a lot of free physical mit from might + AV.
    • Against medium classes, common + sunder is considerably better than fire.
    • Against light classes, common + sunder is at a huge advantage over fire. Since will started adding to tactical mit, most light classes will be sitting at 40% tactical mit without much effort, but their physical mit will be much lower, maybe 30%. Add sunder to that and you're looking at physical mits at least 15% lower than tactical (which, going from 40>25, is a 25% increase in damage).

None of this is taking into account the fact that you also free up a trait slot.
    Eraelin | Redemnus

Have tried the common vs fire, and the common definitely wins out in the majority of fights.

The extra slot makes this a must change IMO for reavers.

Cheers
    [color=green]"Freeps raid to get their skills and gear, then come out and complain about creeps raiding to get their skills...hypocrite much?"[/color]

Don't forget that if you don't trait for fire damage you don't have to worry about "Do not fall to fire"
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000002f5c/signature.png]Bambam[/charsig]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast