We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sellene View Post
    LM: Charge + Regular Stun Pot + Commendation Stun Pot + Resilience should make a total of 8+5+10+10 SI in total (not sure if Reg and Comm Stun pots share CD - not R6 yet) if they do you have - 28 Seconds (if not 32) of SI in which you should drop the LM dead.
    Commendation Stun Pot is only usable out of combat so it's really 8+5+10 = 23 secs

Or if you pop the Commendation Stun Pot before charge you *might* gain 1-2 extra seconds of SI, the slow immunity however will last for a full minute (and may cause freep tears when used in a 1v1).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206010000086421/signature.png]Blackthorns[/charsig]
    MrBadass r9, Forgawarg r8, Healmytarget r7, Hiderspider r7, Freepsluvme r7

Quote Originally Posted by Dodam View Post
    Nice guide, it needs a bump.

I disagree on the raid part though. When raiding it's all about single target dps, get raid assist targets down asap and don't give the freeps time to heal/bubble/get out of the blight. You need good WL's and defi's though, but we have plenty of those on Snowbourn in my opinion, just need some support aswell to keep target's in range
    Aye, like I said, it was when I was on a smaller server where WLs and defilers are very few. This part seems unpopular with everyone. Will remove.

Warden: Slow + Disarm - Disarmed Warden are useless - only active skills are Javelin Attacks. Not sure if you can reset the CD of Disarm but if u can DO it!
    Meh on this one. Usually myself I keep slows on all the time. And usually use disarm in a combo with ravage or thrash when it's needed. And yep, you can reset cooldown on disarm, but the cooldown on said cooldown is 10 minutes. I don't tend to use that in 1v1s unless I made a vital mistake that means my loss later in the spar. (E.g I lag and thrash and dust didn't apply.)

LM: Charge + Regular Stun Pot + Commendation Stun Pot + Resilience should make a total of 8+5+10+10 SI in total
    Commendation stun pot is only usable out of combat, so if you use that before charge then that's only +2 seconds added. Plus the pot is currently bugged and will give 1 minute slow immunity if used. Freeps cry rivers if you use that in a spar. I often try to save stun pot until WOTC is on.

Slows + DS is key here since most people will use WoC under 50% health so cut that heal in half + Disarm. If you leave the LM Stun + BE you - you are done. In between 30% slows + 30% damage debuff they put on you it is really hard to kill a good LM who will kite you into the StickyG and Tard (if thy have it on).
    Again, always vital to keep slows on anyway, so not just for one class And I'd very much advise using DS before WOTC can be popped, aye. But most LMs use WOTC before on 50%, so yeah. But then again a LOT of LMs don't even remove disarm or thrash with their skills. Will add the DS to guide, thanks.

And once again. Thanks for the +reps and support guys, much appreciated

Edit: Forgot to say, 30% damage debuff can be removed by using Tactical pots (Fear, purple ones). And if you want to stop inductions, basically playing the class sets back those as much as they'll go
    Last edited by TiberPancake; Aug 27 2012 at 07:28 AM.

edit:woops i read wrong
    thargious-1 rank 11 reaver of crickhollow (transfered from meneldor)

Hi All,

Thanks for clearing the Stun pots confusion. I hit R6 today on my reaver and i have to say that these evade + resist + block (not sure if it was block or smt else) makes a difference.

I managed to spar 2 LMs today R9 and R10 - needless to say i got destroyed - i cannot drop them dead in 23 seconds i just do not have the DPS. Also they we both clearing the Thrash Wound which made my DPS even worse.

You will get stunned and probably get BE after no way around it. On one of the fights my closest one (dropped LM to 1.5K i saved resiliance when i was hit with BE to try to ignore the slow - seems to work ok. On one of the other spars I saw the Ents Animation (gut punch was on CD) and I managed to hit the Stun pot in advance - was happy with that one also.

Needless to say I lack the experience / rank and a lot of skill on the reaver. But it seems to me that a Good LM is very hard to beat indeed.

Also it seems that both disarm and slow have very small range - i have to be on top of the target to get those off.

I saw that there is a R14 slow skill (improved) to 35% it is not in the store - is Sigil the only way to get that. Anyone use that is it worthed?

And last thing about disarm on LM if i can recall correctly it disables all of your skill except for the would removal. On Warden it seems you take both Weapon and Shield so no gambits.
    [url=http://www.sigcreator.com/][img]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/911993610lotro_lotro18.png[/img][/url]

I hit R6 today on my reaver
    Grats

I managed to spar 2 LMs today R9 and R10 - needless to say i got destroyed - i cannot drop them dead in 23 seconds i just do not have the DPS. Also they we both clearing the Thrash Wound which made my DPS even worse.
    Patience, young padawan. Pop disarm first, if it removes that put thrash on instantly after so you have 10s before he removes it again. In the odd chance he has wound pots which most don't, just pop dust/upper hand first. If he doesn't remove disarm then that 5 seconds is a good bonus to your DPS that can (Sometimes) make up for losing thrash. Don't worry, as you rank up further and get more practice, those LMs will seem like noobs

You will get stunned and probably get BE after no way around it. On one of the fights my closest one (dropped LM to 1.5K i saved resiliance when i was hit with BE to try to ignore the slow - seems to work ok. On one of the other spars I saw the Ents Animation (gut punch was on CD) and I managed to hit the Stun pot in advance - was happy with that one also.
    It's good to hear you know how to try new tactics yourself I'd recommend buying improved hamstring trait by either sacrificing a sigil if you ever get one, or buying from the store. Best thing to do for kiting classes like burgs or surviving LMs who kite.

Needless to say I lack the experience / rank and a lot of skill on the reaver. But it seems to me that a Good LM is very hard to beat indeed.
    Yes indeed.

Also it seems that both disarm and slow have very small range - i have to be on top of the target to get those off.
    Same range. Just they're a bit awkward, my guess is bad coding.

I saw that there is a R14 slow skill (improved) to 35% it is not in the store - is Sigil the only way to get that. Anyone use that is it worthed?
    See above.

And last thing about disarm on LM if i can recall correctly it disables all of your skill except for the would removal. On Warden it seems you take both Weapon and Shield so no gambits.
    Correct. Except it doesn't take shield off warden. Only main hand weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by wormtongue View Post
    the slow immunity however will last for a full minute (and may cause freep tears when used in a 1v1).
    Not really causing tears, only makes it harder for you..

As long as the Creep plays fair (no pots and consumables), I´ll play fair myself too

I you want an unfair 1vs1, use the pot. But then expect me to blow Parchment+inlay+EFTA, or the Lorien barter runspeed boost, steady hands, armor of storm, basicly every and any OP skill and consumable I have. Not at all increasing your chances

LM: Charge + Regular Stun Pot + Commendation Stun Pot + Resilience should make a total of 8+5+10+10 SI in total (not sure if Reg and Comm Stun pots share CD - not R6 yet) if they do you have - 28 Seconds (if not 32) of SI in which you should drop the LM dead. Slows + DS is key here since most people will use WoC under 50% health so cut that heal in half + Disarm. If you leave the LM Stun + BE you - you are done. In between 30% slows + 30% damage debuff they put on you it is really hard to kill a good LM who will kite you into the StickyG and Tard (if thy have it on).

LMs are induction based class (unlike RKs they cannot cast on the move) - they suffer from setbacks from Damage - so if you take away their Stuns and Their inductions you should win. (have not tried yet my Reaver is 2 weak but it should work)
    Besides pots not working out to 28s no matter what, SoP:Command gives the reaver +20% attack duration, Fire-lore -30% melee damage as well as +2% miss chance, possibly +10% attack duration from wind-lore, the LM would reasonably have a raven out for higher mitigations and flank heals, and then there's WoC, can't quite drop a LM fast.

As for induction setbacks, besides opportunities opened with stuns & mezzes, they still have a number of induction-less attacks (staff-strike, staff-sweep, storm-lore, wizard's fire), short induction ones (light of the rising dawn, sticky-gourd + subsequent area damage), the best melee auto-attack in game (2h weapon + 1h weapon), parables let you cast something without setback, as does call to the valar for 10s, and again, +attack duration debuffs help getting inductions off (most LMs don't seem to realize just how good +attack duration debuffs are though ...).
    [size=1]Freeps (Snowbourn): [b]Equanor (R11 MNS)[/b] - Equendil - Orlo - Equadoc - Quaolin - Oshia - Kaolin - Equaric - Equorn
    Creeps (Snowbourn): Veloch (R9 RVR) - Velrow (R10 BA) - Velkro - Oruk - Velrot - Velreth
    Author of the [url=http://tiny.cc/2zm50w]Legendary Item Planner[/url], [url=http://tiny.cc/m1m50w]Bootstrap[/url] and [url=http://tiny.cc/41m50w]Baruk[/url] plugins.[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    Not really causing tears, only makes it harder for you..

As long as the Creep plays fair (no pots and consumables), I´ll play fair myself too

I you want an unfair 1vs1, use the pot. But then expect me to blow Parchment+inlay+EFTA, or the Lorien barter runspeed boost, steady hands, armor of storm, basicly every and any OP skill and consumable I have. Not at all increasing your chances
    You're an RK. If you need all that to beat someone that uses the 10 sec stun immunity pot w/ 1 min slow immunity...then just wow lol

Oh, and awesome guide!
    Lugbur, R11 Reaver ./. Guthfred, R9 Captain ./. Guthblade, R9 Chamption ./. Muzluck, R9 Warg + Various other toons of different rank and class.

Quote Originally Posted by 0987654321 View Post
    You're an RK. If you need all that to beat someone that uses the 10 sec stun immunity pot w/ 1 min slow immunity...then just wow lol
    It´s not about needing it, in fact the pot doesn´t bother me at all.

But there is the unwritten rule that no consumables or pots are allowed in 1vs1 circles (on our server at least). And if I see someone using them again and again, then sometimes I want to show him, why that rule exists, and the best way to do that, is by blowing everything you have and just facerolling him

Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    It´s not about needing it, in fact the pot doesn´t bother me at all.

But there is the unwritten rule that no consumables or pots are allowed in 1vs1 circles (on our server at least). And if I see someone using them again and again, then sometimes I want to show him, why that rule exists, and the best way to do that, is by blowing everything you have and just facerolling him
    Fair enough. When I 1v1 I try to make it as fun and even as possible. If that means the freep has to pop a bubble/heal then so be it. I pretty much use a morale pot in every 1v1, as I'm still not even at full audacity, and don't really have any CD'sto blow so I definitely need it(although they heal about the same as a lvl 60 freep pot lol). While I think the no consumables rule is a good one, it's only really good if it ends in a fair, even, fun fight. Imo ofc.
    Lugbur, R11 Reaver ./. Guthfred, R9 Captain ./. Guthblade, R9 Chamption ./. Muzluck, R9 Warg + Various other toons of different rank and class.

is there one about wargs?

Quote Originally Posted by Bree-friend View Post
    There is one but it's incredibly out of date.

I'd roll warg and make one myself - But I don't really like being labeled easy moder, plus it would take months to be able to have knowledge to make a guide Perhaps request one on creep forums

Quote Originally Posted by TiberPancake View Post
    Any form of Reaver's damage is Physical as far as I know, even with burning blades trait. It's basically the same as Champions or Cappies using Westernesse (Is that how it's spelt?) or Beleriand scrolls on their weapons. This confuses a ton of reavers I've noticed when they start, I'll make sure to add it to the original post. Thanks for the thought!

Also makes me think I'd like fire damage to be passive instead of trait like freeps get
    so needed correction here (as far as i know)

Phisical mitigation defends from:
    -Common damage (reaching cap fast)
    -"NoN-Common damage (aka. westernesse, beleriand or ancient dwarf make damage)

Tactical mitigation defends from:
    -Lightning damage
    -Light damage
    -Shadow damage
    -Fire damage
    -Frost damage
    -Acid damage

so on creeps must have good phisical mitgation not only good tactical mitigation :/ freeps can have good times with lot lower phisiscal mits, coz they will not get freep weapon damage.

That is sad

Also what u think Ologhaithar, how much stronger will be those reavers after expansion? could we do fair duels if both reaver and warden go all in? orr this remainingthe same... and we wil stay at recklessness, no defense mode?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e00000021509b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Leri927 View Post
    so needed correction here (as far as i know)
    Corrected, sorry, I got confused when I posted on that and forgot to correct (I'm not perfect!)

so on creeps must have good phisical mitgation not only good tactical mitigation :/ freeps can have good times with lot lower phisiscal mits, coz they will not get freep weapon damage.
    That's true. Unless we take a trick on those freeps and unequip our damage type traits? Mind you freep usually maintain a 50/50 of tact/phys mits anyway, I think that's correct anyway. Though I think it annoying that I have to go and retrait when I spar good freeps from phys-tact traits.

Also what u think Ologhaithar, how much stronger will be those reavers after expansion? could we do fair duels if both reaver and warden go all in? orr this remainingthe same... and we wil stay at recklessness, no defense mode?
    Reaver at this moment is a balanced class, but it depends what it's like when they release RoR, since everything is subject to change. At full morale we have +20% mits, that is half of defiant challenge, so that's quite a lot. As we lose morale we lose some mits and gain damage instead. That could possibly make Reaver a very easy class. And then there's impale, not sure whether this removes the DoTs you have on once used? But that's apparently nearly as big as DS with only 30s CD which is the same, so this could be an improvement on damage and rotation too. Imo we'll be about the same as wargs are now, but I haven't been in the beta and we're yet to see what it's like when released. And no, I doubt any class will still be able to fight wardens going full out. Mind you spear wardens with a lot of might are monsters deadlier than shield wardens imo. But again: This is all my opinion.

Maybe it is worth mentioning that revealing mark and blood of fire are bugged? That is, when a captain puts revealing mark on you, your blood of fire effect will heal your enemies most of the time instead of hurting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Equendil View Post
    Besides pots not working out to 28s no matter what, SoP:Command gives the reaver +20% attack duration, Fire-lore -30% melee damage as well as +2% miss chance, possibly +10% attack duration from wind-lore, the LM would reasonably have a raven out for higher mitigations and flank heals, and then there's WoC, can't quite drop a LM fast.
    IMO the suggestion of pre-potting in a 1v1 with an (presumably on a somewhat decent gear level) LM is a truly horrible one.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042060100001fcf60/signature.png]Moshiach[/charsig]
    [B][COLOR=#ff0000]R8 Warleader | R7[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff0000]Warg; Elendilmir[/COLOR][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Mormirel View Post
    Maybe it is worth mentioning that revealing mark and blood of fire are bugged? That is, when a captain puts revealing mark on you, your blood of fire effect will heal your enemies most of the time instead of hurting them.
    the mark causes something like 5% of damage dealt by target to allied chars is converted into a heal. haven't played my cap in awhile so i forget the exact math. but its not a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Light12 View Post
    the mark causes something like 5% of damage dealt by target to allied chars is converted into a heal. haven't played my cap in awhile so i forget the exact math. but its not a bug.
    No the intended effect of the mark is not what I mean, there is a bug.
    Intended is that something like 15% of the damage dealt to the target is reflected as +morale to the cappy/the cappy's allies.

What happens is that either the intended effect applies, but also the full 45 fire damage from blood of fire are applied as + morale healing, not as fire damage. Or -somewhat seldomly- the cappy gets no healing at all but the 45 fire damage + 15% of whatever damage he dealt to the reaver reflected back at him. That is not wai, but a bug.

See this combat log, names have been changed (notice the recurring 45 healing from blood of fire and the cases where light and beleriand damage get reflected back at the captain):

[09/27 02:23:32 PM] Reaver reflected 45 points restored to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:32 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Sundering Blow on Captain for 123 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:32 PM] Captain scored a critical hit with Cutting Attack on Reaver for 97 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:33 PM] Captain scored a critical hit with Improved Grave Wound on Reaver for 97 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:33 PM] Captain scored a hit with Improved Grave Wound on Reaver for 312 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:33 PM] Reaver reflected 47 points restored to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:33 PM] Reaver reflected 45 points restored to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:33 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Laceration on Captain for 39 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:34 PM] Captain scored a hit with Cutting Attack on Reaver for 44 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:34 PM] Captain scored a hit with Valiant Strike on Reaver for 394 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:34 PM] Reaver reflected 59 points restored to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:34 PM] Reaver reflected 45 points restored to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:35 PM] Captain scored a hit with Improved Grave Wound on Reaver for 44 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:35 PM] Reaver scored a critical hit with Laceration on Captain for 72 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:35 PM] Captain missed trying to use a melee attack on Reaver.
    [09/27 02:23:36 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Default Melee Attack on Captain for 52 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:36 PM] Captain scored a hit with Cutting Attack on Reaver for 44 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:36 PM] Reaver scored a partially evaded hit with Default Melee Attack on Captain for 27 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:37 PM] Captain scored a hit with Improved Grave Wound on Reaver for 44 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:37 PM] Reaver scored a devastating hit with Sudden Strikes on Captain for 228 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:37 PM] Captain missed trying to use Improved Blade of Elendil on Reaver.
    [09/27 02:23:37 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Laceration on Captain for 46 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:37 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Sudden Strikes on Captain for 86 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:38 PM] Captain missed trying to use a melee attack on Reaver.
    [09/27 02:23:38 PM] Captain scored a hit with Cutting Attack on Reaver for 44 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:39 PM] Captain scored a hit with Improved Grave Wound on Reaver for 44 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:39 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Laceration on Captain for 42 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:39 PM] Captain scored a hit with Improved Sure Strike on Reaver for 362 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:39 PM] Reaver reflected 54 points restored to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:39 PM] Reaver reflected 45 points restored to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:39 PM] Reaver scored a partially parried hit with Ravage on Captain for 93 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:40 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Ravage on Captain for 107 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:40 PM] Captain scored a hit with Cutting Attack on Reaver for 44 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:41 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Ravage on Captain for 107 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:41 PM] Captain scored a hit with Improved Grave Wound on Reaver for 44 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:41 PM] Captain scored a hit with a melee attack on Reaver for 329 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:41 PM] Reaver reflected 49 points restored to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:41 PM] Reaver reflected 45 points restored to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:41 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Default Melee Attack on Captain for 52 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:41 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Default Melee Attack on Captain for 37 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:42 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Sudden Strikes on Captain for 114 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:42 PM] Captain scored a critical hit with Battle-shout on Reaver for 437 Light damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:42 PM] Reaver reflected 45 points restored to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:42 PM] Reaver reflected 66 points restored to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:42 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Sudden Strikes on Captain for 86 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:42 PM] Captain scored a critical hit with Cutting Attack on Reaver for 97 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:43 PM] Captain scored a critical hit with Improved Grave Wound on Reaver for 97 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:43 PM] Captain scored a hit with a melee attack on Reaver for 452 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:43 PM] Reaver reflected 68 points restored to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:43 PM] Reaver reflected 45 points restored to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:43 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Default Melee Attack on Captain for 52 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:43 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Default Melee Attack on Captain for 37 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:43 PM] Captain missed trying to use Devastating Blow on Reaver.
    [09/27 02:23:44 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Sudden Strikes on Captain for 114 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:44 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Sudden Strikes on Captain for 86 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:44 PM] Captain scored a critical hit with Cutting Attack on Reaver for 97 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:45 PM] Captain scored a hit with Improved Grave Wound on Reaver for 44 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:45 PM] Captain scored a hit with a melee attack on Reaver for 313 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:45 PM] Reaver reflected 47 points restored to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:45 PM] Reaver reflected 45 points restored to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:45 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Default Melee Attack on Captain for 52 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:45 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Default Melee Attack on Captain for 37 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:46 PM] Captain scored a hit with Improved Blade of Elendil on Reaver for 579 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:46 PM] Reaver reflected 87 points restored to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:46 PM] Reaver reflected 45 points restored to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:46 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Sundering Blow on Captain for 123 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:46 PM] Captain scored a critical hit with Cutting Attack on Reaver for 97 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:47 PM] Captain scored a hit with Improved Grave Wound on Reaver for 44 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:48 PM] Captain missed trying to use a melee attack on Reaver.
    [09/27 02:23:48 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Default Melee Attack on Captain for 52 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:48 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Default Melee Attack on Captain for 37 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:48 PM] Captain scored a critical hit with Cutting Attack on Reaver for 97 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:48 PM] Captain missed trying to use Pressing Attack on Reaver.
    [09/27 02:23:49 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Jagged Cut on Captain for 132 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:49 PM] Captain scored a hit with Improved Grave Wound on Reaver for 44 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:49 PM] Captain missed trying to use Pressing Attack on Reaver.
    [09/27 02:23:50 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Default Melee Attack on Captain for 52 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:50 PM] Reaver scored a critical hit with Default Melee Attack on Captain for 55 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:50 PM] Captain scored a hit with Cutting Attack on Reaver for 44 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:50 PM] Captain scored a hit with a melee attack on Reaver for 358 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:50 PM] Reaver reflected 54 points restored to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:50 PM] Reaver reflected 45 points restored to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:50 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Ravage on Captain for 143 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:51 PM] Captain scored a hit with Improved Grave Wound on Reaver for 44 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:51 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Ravage on Captain for 107 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:51 PM] Captain scored a hit with Improved Sure Strike on Reaver for 386 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:51 PM] Reaver reflected 58 points restored to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:51 PM] Reaver reflected 45 points restored to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:52 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Ravage on Captain for 107 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:53 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Default Melee Attack on Captain for 52 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:53 PM] Captain scored a hit with Improved Grave Wound on Reaver for 44 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:53 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Default Melee Attack on Captain for 37 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:54 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Default Melee Attack on Captain for 52 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:54 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Default Melee Attack on Captain for 37 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:55 PM] Captain scored a hit with Improved Grave Wound on Reaver for 44 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:56 PM] Captain scored a hit with a melee attack on Reaver for 402 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:56 PM] Reaver reflected 60 points restored to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:56 PM] Reaver reflected 45 points restored to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:56 PM] Captain scored a critical hit with Cutting Attack on Reaver for 97 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:57 PM] Captain scored a partially evaded hit with Improved Cutting Attack on Reaver for 234 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:57 PM] Reaver reflected 35 Beleriand damage to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:57 PM] Reaver reflected 45 Fire damage to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:57 PM] Captain scored a hit with Improved Grave Wound on Reaver for 44 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:57 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Default Melee Attack on Captain for 52 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:57 PM] Reaver scored a partially parried hit with Default Melee Attack on Captain for 24 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:57 PM] Reaver scored a hit with Lacerate on Captain for 143 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:58 PM] Captain scored a hit with a melee attack on Reaver for 332 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:58 PM] Reaver reflected 50 points restored to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:58 PM] Reaver reflected 45 points restored to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:58 PM] Captain scored a critical hit with Cutting Attack on Reaver for 97 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:59 PM] Captain scored a hit with Improved Grave Wound on Reaver for 44 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:59 PM] Captain scored a hit with Battle-shout on Reaver for 185 Light damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:23:59 PM] Reaver reflected 45 Fire damage to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:59 PM] Reaver reflected 28 Light damage to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:23:59 PM] Reaver scored a critical hit with Laceration on Captain for 69 Fire damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:24:00 PM] Captain scored a critical hit with Cutting Attack on Reaver for 97 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:24:01 PM] Captain incapacitated you.
    [09/27 02:24:01 PM] Captain scored a critical hit with Devastating Blow on Reaver for 1,879 Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [09/27 02:24:01 PM] Reaver reflected 282 points restored to the Morale of Captain.
    [09/27 02:24:01 PM] Reaver reflected 45 points restored to the Morale of Captain.
    Last edited by Mormirel; Sep 27 2012 at 03:51 PM.

Like WL's, cappies have needed love for the past 5 years. If this is a small advantage for a cappie, then I'm ok with it.

Come RoR, I'll probably eat my words......
    Third Marshal Rubicon Guardian ~ Third Marshal Raae Minstrel
    Commander Danceswithwargs Reaver ~ Taskmaster Whiskeytangofoxtrot Spider
    Commander Verkaufsschlacker Lore-master ~ Lieutenant Rivaalan Hunter
    ~ No Mercy ~

Hey TiberPancake,

I am back with more details regarding my Reaver Journey.

I am R7 now 30K shy of R8 - cannot get there fast enough.

Full Aud and - for the most part i am doing good.

Today i fought a R13 RK he beat me twice - once i got him down to 600 Morale.

I have bought Thrash / Mutulate / Against the Odds and Enhanced Hamstrings - so i have the basic tools now.

What i did Vs that is RK was Charge 8 Secs + Resilience + Stun Pot + Against the Odds (for Resilience reset CD) + Resilience again - and after that i got stunned. I really think that this is pretty good and with a few more ranks i will be able to beat such Kiting RKs. Needless to say i tried to have Hamstrings at all times but it takes practice since the CD is less than the actual duration and i feel like spamming it is a waste of DPS.

Anyway i was wondering are you able to use Ravage + Improved Gut punch combo vs Kiting Rks or minies. It seems i am not able to do this ... (in other words i am loosing DPS). Tried to Key Bind - but the animation for Ravage is Soooooo Slow and i cannot fire off improved gut punch after (using Razer KeyBinding Keyboard) .... - am I missing something - can this be achieved vs kiting casters.

Thanks and greetings from Bulgaria
    Last edited by Sellene; Sep 27 2012 at 09:12 PM.
    [url=http://www.sigcreator.com/][img]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/911993610lotro_lotro18.png[/img][/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Bree-friend View Post
    Check this one maybe it will help ya.

http://dailystats.theblackappendage.com/content/warg

What i did Vs that is RK was Charge 8 Secs + Resilience + Stun Pot + Against the Odds (for Resilience reset CD) + Resilience again - and after that i got stunned. I really think that this is pretty good and with a few more ranks i will be able to beat such Kiting RKs. Needless to say i tried to have Hamstrings at all times but it takes practice since the CD is less than the actual duration and i feel like spamming it is a waste of DPS.
    Well to be honest, at this first of all, when charge > resilience > stun pots > resilience again seems efficient in theory, it can be a waste depending on whether the RK is an idiot or not. Since the amount of stuns RKs get are a bit iffy, it's all about timing. Most good RKs are going to pop shocking words at full attunement (gives about 80% chance to stun at full attunement), if you're quick and know the animation you can quickly pop stun pot or resilience (prefer stun pot because resilience is vital for AoS) right before the bolt hits you, which inflicts the stun. The animation is the RK throwing his arm up in the air, and then bringing it back down. As soon as you see this it's good to pop stun pot. Then it's wise to save resilience for armour of storm, because this is an absolute devil on Reaver's if you've used everything, so don't be afraid to use against the odds if you've used up stun pot/resilience when they pop armour of storm. About hamstring with it's cooldown, it can get confusing but since it's only a short animation it's not a bother of wasting DPS, I find it best to pop when most other skills are on CD and I'm only using things like spamming lacerate when the DoT is already on and SS etc. Or you can do it the hard way and count it inside your head, that works but it sometimes sends your brain dizzy.

Anyway i was wondering are you able to use Ravage + Improved Gut punch combo vs Kiting Rks or minies. It seems i am not able to do this ... (in other words i am loosing DPS). Tried to Key Bind - but the animation for Ravage is Soooooo Slow and i cannot fire off improved gut punch after (using Razer KeyBinding Keyboard) .... - am I missing something - can this be achieved vs kiting casters.
    The trick to dealing with minstrels who kite when you're trying to get your rotations in is if they have their slow on (They usually don't), then you're going to want to pop resilience as with minstrels resilience is sod all anyway. Then basically hamstring/blade toss then try and just keep behind them as they'll often get confused and just go to pieces. Kiting RKs aren't as easy because you want to keep resilience for when they use armour of storm. So basically for the first rotation of ravage > gut punch then thrash do it whilst in charge. Then when gut punch is off cooldown again use blade toss and try and get behind the RK so it can't move around you as easily, this is made easier because RKs don't have many slows. But they'll sometimes counter it by using shocking touch then chilling rhetoric, this is another thing you might want to save resilience for or pop ATO. I tend to save disarm until their attunement is higher just to prevent EC when we're both low and then just nuke with whatever I got left. I'll post some videos of fighting the best on the server I play on some time.

Sorry if the wording i've used in this post is absolutely horrifically terrible, i'm tired as of this moment i'm writing this.

Cheers, Olog

Will add the cappy bug thing tomorrow and try my best to word it in a sane manner

Thanks, never even noticed this myself.

When fighting RK's it is infinitely better to disarm at the start. Disarming to start buys you more time, because they still have to use CA, SS to build attunement to their bigger attacks.

How I fight RK's: Charge - Dust(If they have Wound Def) - Hamstring - Thrash + Gut Punch - Disarm (after Thrash to protect it from being potted) - Ravage - Lacerate - Blade Toss+ Resilience- Ravage/Sudden Strikes - Dev Strike - Thrash/Ravage/Sudden till dead.

Rarely will need to use a stun pot, fight is very short. Only will need AtO against RKs who: have 8k+ morale, and who stack Tact Mits extremely high.
    Creeps: Fissure R-12
    Freeps: Presdas R-9, Arcteus R9, Dainsleif-1 R4

Quote Originally Posted by apb8808 View Post
    When fighting RK's it is infinitely better to disarm at the start. Disarming to start buys you more time, because they still have to use CA, SS to build attunement to their bigger attacks.

How I fight RK's: Charge - Dust(If they have Wound Def) - Hamstring - Thrash + Gut Punch - Disarm (after Thrash to protect it from being potted) - Ravage - Lacerate - Blade Toss+ Resilience- Ravage/Sudden Strikes - Dev Strike - Thrash/Ravage/Sudden till dead.

Rarely will need to use a stun pot, fight is very short. Only will need AtO against RKs who: have 8k+ morale, and who stack Tact Mits extremely high.
    Meh, I always find using it when RK is at high attunement more effective, but then it also depends on the RK

Basically the same as what I do except for the dust and disarm. I use upper hand instead of dust because it gives +500 armour rating, it's not much but it adds something.

I usually find that ATO/Stun pots is needed more with RKs with low morale. But then I rarely fight high morale RKs tbh. Though I usually use ATO for if something resists like thrash, disarm or dust at beginning.

Everything in my posts is opinion, not fact.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast