We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: BoE Questions

Question BoE Questions

This is going to make me sound like a Noob, but w/e.

First of all, I was unaware of there being a DoT with BoE, it doesn't mention anything about a DoT in the tool tip. Does BoE have to be used after a certain skill in order to get the DoT? Also, when it says it will remove a corruption, I have not really ever seen this happen. Perhaps it's my understanding of what a corruption is. Now I am also seeing mention of power restore when BoE is used after DS... this is also not mentioned in the tool tip. Are there any other "hidden" uses for BoE other than these listed? And can someone post the power heal and DoT effect for lvl 75 cappies, and give a brief explanation of what the corruption removal is and what corruptions would be?

I appreciate the advice and info in advance. Thanks all.

corruptions are buffs on mobs. some can't be removed though, so that might cause some confusion

It doesn't have a DoT, it provides a buff to your Fellowship that gives them a chance to apply a DoT.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Impr...ade_of_Elendil

Sometimes you'll see this come up on your buffs when playing with captains. Hover your mouse over the buff (blue icon) to read the details.

If you see the effect on the MOB, hover your mouse over it to see the specifics.

A corruption is an effect on the MOB that typically buffs them, one with a blue border can be removed with corruption removal skills.

Sometimes (Sword-halls) you do not want to remove the corruption as it actually hurts them, unless you want the effect of it's removal (power gain, mitigations, etc.) Also some challenges require not removing corruptions.

It is CRITICAL to remove corruptions in certain instances (Vile Maw, Orthanc F&F) and NOT remove them in others (Orthanc Saruman until the right time).

Captains usually aren't called upon to remove corruptions as it's so slow for them to do so. Burglars, Wardens and others tend to be higher on the list.

Anyways, these aren't hidden, it says it on the tooltip, but you have to look at successive tooltips to see further info (or click the link above).

PS: With future changes with Blade of Elendil, it'll be important not to use it if corruptions shouldn't be removed.

"Sometimes survival comes down to not being hit. Actually, most times." -the chicken skill, Bob and Weave
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Quote Originally Posted by RJFerret View Post
    It doesn't have a DoT, it provides a buff to your Fellowship that gives them a chance to apply a DoT.
    Yep, that buff has a ?% chance to apply a dot to the target, that dot has a 100% chance to be useless. 3 Cheers to Deviled_Egg for taking the initiative and fixing this aspect of BoE. I see good things in our future.
    Last edited by Armitas; Aug 03 2012 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    Yep, that buff has a ?% chance to apply a dot to the target, that dot has a 100% chance to be useless. 3 Cheers to Deviled_Egg for taking the initiative and fixing this aspect of BoE. I see good things in our future.
    Does the blog mention if the weird buff thingy is going away?
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    Current buff is sometimes worse than useless, in that the current end game has lots of crowd control. Unwanted DOTs are sometimes a pain. At least if it is a bigger DOT it is sometimes a good thing rather than the current basically irrelevant DOT...

I'm thinking the new better BOE is a nice thing for LtC, in that LtC (plus some armor sets) gives you about twice as many BOEs per minute as LoM or HoH. I tend to think that LoM needs the most love right now. But I'll take it...

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    Current buff is sometimes worse than useless, in that the current end game has lots of crowd control. Unwanted DOTs are sometimes a pain. At least if it is a bigger DOT it is sometimes a good thing rather than the current basically irrelevant DOT...

I'm thinking the new better BOE is a nice thing for LtC, in that LtC (plus some armor sets) gives you about twice as many BOEs per minute as LoM or HoH. I tend to think that LoM needs the most love right now. But I'll take it...
    Yeah, LtC is looking like the definite next flavor of the month....

And I was hoping we'd get HoH and LoM buffed with this patch =/
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West