We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Best east coast server for new player?

As the title says

All the servers are located on the East Coast of the United States. (Yes, even the French and German speaking ones.) What do you want in a server?
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

(deleted)

Can't speak for other servers, but Riddermark has quite a few EST players. As do a number of other servers I am sure. The player demographics are not published, so you'll just have to try one.

Regards,

Fats

Elendilmir is always a cool choice

Quote Originally Posted by Shukar View Post
    All the servers are located on the East Coast of the United States. (Yes, even the French and German speaking ones.) What do you want in a server?
    Primarily one that is active in the evenings (7-11E) and one that's welcoming to new players.

The suggested world they put me in is Vilya but I'm not sure the reason for the recommendation.
    Last edited by radubadu; Aug 03 2012 at 07:18 AM.

Vilya is indeed a fine server, with a great community.
    TANSTAAFL

I didn't get high enough obviously to really check stuff out but there were quite a few people in the starting zone. I guess my bigger concern is how the population is at higher levels. If I get to endgame (which I intend to take my time doing anyway) can I xfer worlds if the population is too low?

Turbine changes the server at the top of the list from time to time, in order to even out server populations. Vilya is a fine server and there's no reason to believe it wouldn't have a good population during your playtimes. You'll find out better once you get into your teens and visit Bree, which is usually the busy place for characters under 50. (Those 50-60 hang out in Moria in the 21st hall. Level-capped players are often in Galtrev or Stanguard but might show up anywhere.)

Vilya is a fine server. If you end up not liking it, you CAN transfer your character to another US-based server for a fee. Or you can make a new character on the new server and find out if you like it before spending money.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Quote Originally Posted by Shukar View Post
    Im just wandering whats the closes server to my house that way im not laggin like crazy when ever i play the game

Quote Originally Posted by MasterTim View Post
    Im just wandering whats the closes server to my house that way im not laggin like crazy when ever i play the game
    All servers are in Boston and I would assume in the same room, so hard to say..

Pick a big active server. Most servers are half dead, and mmo isn't mmo in a dead server. Brandywine is the popular choice, it's the biggest server. Another nice choice right now (but it's likely to get smaller in the future) is Gladden. Gladden has the most new players.

In general, Lotro has some lag issues. You can reduce them a little if you go to a small server. But even on a small server you will still likely have some lag, especially at high levels.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterTim View Post
    They are the same distance. Every one of them is located in the same data center in the Boston area. The difference in distance is only going to be 10 meters or so.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.