We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Warleader changes in Riders of Rohan

Okay, I think the changes to Quitters Never Win, Banner of Terror/Horror, Purge, and Snap Out of It will be great. More healing, debuffs, and anti-crowd control. Fantastic. It seems cooldown skills got all the improvements, so I suppose a warleader in a no-cooldown 1v1 will still be just as screwed, but personally, given how terrible the warleader regular rotation is, I suggest warleaders never agree to no-cooldown fights. Of course, there are always people who take it for granted that they have a right to dictate to everyone else what skills they can and can't use.

I think Shield Bash misses the mark, though. Melee skills are mostly PvE skills. They have some use PvP, of course, but a third heal on the regular rotation, without an induction, would've been infinitely more useful. Or even just another shout. More shouts means more chances for shout criticals means more chances to actually get heals off. Probably the most useful warleader melee skill will still be fracture. Better a reliable interrupt (if timed correctly) than an unreliable stun.

http://www.lotro.com/gameinfo/devdia...the-ettenmoors

I think shield bash is an excellent change, but is something WLs should have had from day 1. I also think it needs to be very well adjusted so it maintains reasonable damage through audacity.

I still wish WLs got a new skill that introduced a new mechanic. A group-wide channeled skill that gave a damage buff and provided total CC immunity as long as the channel was kept up. Using the animation the TA Tyrant uses when he uses his inducted damage buff.

Overall, the changes, I think, are good but insufficicent.

i agree.... WL feels kinda derpy in combat as is with a total reliance on shouts/heals and fail melee capability.

the changes are ok (shield skill was long overdue) but WL's could use a little bit more love

several suggestions:

1 increase melee skill range by 1m
    2 increase melee damage to compensate for it being common DMG or give a big o'l boost to melee crit chance
    3 make shield skill daze 100% of time for 10 sec (post aud that will be 2.5 sec with current -50% root/daze mechanic + -50% with aud)

4 more focus on DPS with brawler with larger damage buffs at a cost of healing (less healing from Quit whine, overall healing debuff) and lower cooldowns on melee skills (cleave cooldown removed, fracture cooldown 5 sec)

5 ranged dismout PLEASE... add a shield throw skill (like that shard dropper uruk in moria) that does good damage and interrupts/dismounts

6: 1 big hit melee skill as a finisher.
    (that animation where the uruk holds weapon with both hands and cuts down)
    would be nice to bop up the DPS and give WL a more combat feel instead of healspam

7: (note: im not a big fan of more shouts, since it gives a derpy feel to the WL.... shouting and your enemy... i'd prefer a balanced dps with 50% shouts and 50% melee

one more thing...

a possible pet (braces for criticism) with some DPS.
    though that would just be a bonus.
    Last edited by Lendas; Aug 02 2012 at 02:16 PM.

A channeled skill? If it were as easily interruptible as the Lore-master's power drain, I doubt a warleader would be able to keep it up very long in PvP. Great for PvE, sure, but what I need for PvP is more mobility. Like if the Power of Fear purple parentheses made the next heal not just have a 0 second induction, but no induction and usable on the move. Every time you have to stop kiting, you are vulnerable. And the game doesn't instantly recognize you as stopped, so after stopping, you often have to click the heal 2-4 times before it works, which wouldn't happen if they simply made it usable on the move given the purple parentheses.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    i agree.... WL feels kinda derpy in combat as is with a total reliance on shouts/heals and fail melee capability.

the changes are ok (shield skill was long overdue) but WL's could use a little bit more love

several suggestions:

1 increase melee skill range by 1m
    2 increase melee damage to compensate for it being common DMG or give a big o'l boost to melee crit chance
    3 make shield skill daze 100% of time for 10 sec (post aud that will be 2.5 sec with current -50% root/daze mechanic + -50% with aud)

4 more focus on DPS with brawler with larger damage buffs at a cost of healing (less healing from Quit whine, overall healing debuff) and lower cooldowns on melee skills (cleave cooldown removed, fracture cooldown 5 sec)

5 ranged dismout PLEASE... add a shield throw skill (like that shard dropper uruk in moria) that does good damage and interrupts/dismounts

6: 1 big hit melee skill as a finisher.
    (that animation where the uruk holds weapon with both hands and cuts down)
    would be nice to bop up the DPS and give WL a more combat feel instead of healspam

7: (note: im not a big fan of more shouts, since it gives a derpy feel to the WL.... shouting and your enemy... i'd prefer a balanced dps with 50% shouts and 50% melee

Forget what I said, I like this. However, you're wrong about the damage type thing, in RoR all WL melee skills will do shadow damage.

Quote Originally Posted by NettlesB View Post
    if the Power of Fear purple parentheses made the next heal not just have a 0 second induction, but no induction and usable on the move. Every time you have to stop kiting, you are vulnerable. And the game doesn't instantly recognize you as stopped, so after stopping, you often have to click the heal 2-4 times before it works, which wouldn't happen if they simply made it usable on the move given the purple parentheses.
    That. Just this would be a big upgrade on survivability. As it is, the time it takes to stop and getting the game to recognise it is enough for freep DPS to make you lose more morale than you end up healing...
    [COLOR="Silver"][SIZE="1"][b][EN-RP] Laurelin:[/b] [COLOR="Cyan"]Trufflewise[/COLOR] Myrtlepot (Hobbit Burglar) - [COLOR="Cyan"]Uthrek[/COLOR] Wintermane (Dwarf Champion) - [COLOR="Cyan"]Berthon[/COLOR] Pilchard (Man Captain) - [COLOR="Cyan"]Finglan[/COLOR] (Elf Warden) - [COLOR="Cyan"]Boggeric[/COLOR] Myrtlepot (Hobbit Minstrel)
    [COLOR="Cyan"]Fishbone[/COLOR] (Clueless Warg) - [COLOR="Cyan"]Fishburz[/COLOR] (Warleader)[/COLOR]
    [url=http://blog.rebma.net/2011/02/08/lotro-the-ganking-of-boromir/]I ganked Boromir[/url].[/SIZE]

I totally agree with 1, 2, and 3. Especially 1. Increased range is always helpful for kiting.

I'm going to have to strongly disagree with 4. The primary reason I'm in Brawler's stance the majority of the time is because, between the Brawler's heal on move and the increased synergy with Power of Fear by way of reduced shout cooldowns, my healing output in Brawler's stance, given at least one freep attacking me, is actually higher than my healing output in Commander's Stance. Unless Commander's Stance is changed to give a heal-on-move and have better synergy with Power of Fear, please don't nerf healing in Brawler's stance.

Strong agreement on 5. It drives me nuts that I can't run away from freeps, but they can sure run away from me. I'm not sure why so many of them feel the need to run away from a solo warleader, but it would be great to be able to make them stay.

Don't really have anything against 6... but it seems like it would change the class a lot to strengthen melee that much. There's already reavers and wargs for people who like melee. Warleaders are a healing class, nothing wrong with healers heal-spamming.

Clearly, we have different techniques. I'd be interested to hear how you make use of melee skills when going one on one with a freep (random encounter or no bars held, without any silly rules about what skills you can and can't use).

Quote Originally Posted by Trufflewise View Post
    That. Just this would be a big upgrade on survivability. As it is, the time it takes to stop and getting the game to recognise it is enough for freep DPS to make you lose more morale than you end up healing...
    Precisely! You probably use the same technique I do! They should totally improve Power of Fear that way!

You may find this idea funny and/or ridiculous, but a new skill called Arbalest Snare(a ranged root, performed with a crossbow) would be a good addition to WLs, alongside Shield Bash. Although its viability is questionable, especially when adding weavers into the equation, I believe that it would be a fresh addition to WLs. Just one skill for every creep class definitely doesn't make up for the extreme flexibility that is available to freeps.
    [IMG]http://lux-hdro.de/mp-generator.php/kandalf3.png[/IMG]

Borgrimm, Lvl 85 Guardian
    Baugleif, Lvl 82 RK(gimme back my 100% xp)

I'm going to have to strongly disagree with 4. The primary reason I'm in Brawler's stance the majority of the time is because, between the Brawler's heal on move and the increased synergy with Power of Fear by way of reduced shout cooldowns, my healing output in Brawler's stance, given at least one freep attacking me, is actually higher than my healing output in Commander's Stance. Unless Commander's Stance is changed to give a heal-on-move and have better synergy with Power of Fear, please don't nerf healing in Brawler's stance.

Don't really have anything against 6... but it seems like it would change the class a lot to strengthen melee that much. There's already reavers and wargs for people who like melee. Warleaders are a healing class, nothing wrong with healers heal-spamming.
    thats the problem... brawler has been the go-to stance for healing on the move.... the brawler heal bonuses need to go to commander stance or be mixed into a heal rotation...

brawler = damage
    commander = healing.

thats the problem... brawler has been the go-to stance for healing on the move.... the brawler heal bonuses need to go to commander stance or be mixed into a heal rotation...

brawler = damage
    commander = healing.
    If they give -healing to brawler, they need to do something (a new skill or inherent bonus on commander) to help with induction set-back, induction duration increase, and just general freep annoying when the WL is focused. Every freep healing class has a skill which gives them no induction knockback, wl desperately needs something like that if they require inductions for healing.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000011a1c9/signature.png]Feelmybite[/charsig]

One key thing I have noticed is that the induction setback problem has still not been properly fixed. The HoT offered by Snap will probably be rubbish and will also require a class trait slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    I think shield bash is an excellent change, but is something WLs should have had from day 1. I also think it needs to be very well adjusted so it maintains reasonable damage through audacity.

I still wish WLs got a new skill that introduced a new mechanic. A group-wide channeled skill that gave a damage buff and provided total CC immunity as long as the channel was kept up. Using the animation the TA Tyrant uses when he uses his inducted damage buff.

Overall, the changes, I think, are good but insufficicent.
    Strong Melee attack that on crit stuns the target for 6s and resets the cooldown of Shield Bash.

I hope I've read that wrong but from what I see shield bash will only stun if the skill crits, and currently we have a rather low melee crit chance and only 1 race trait to increase it, also Call of shadow does not effect melee skills so we cant utilize that.

Overall I find it a bit unfortunate that WLs have been gated behind crits to get additional features on our skills. Call of shadow and Brawlers stance have helped us proc some of our extra hits but surely there has to be either a better mechanic or at least the ability to increase crit chance.

The rest of the changes have potential but until we see numbers I won't pass too much judgement. Although I have noticed that Snap and Purge have switched roles.

Forget what I said, I like this. However, you're wrong about the damage type thing, in RoR all WL melee skills will do shadow damage.
    I haven't read anything that has suggested this. Do you have a link? I'd like this to be true.
    [color=turquoise]Artiar - R5 Guardian: Former Member of Legendarium : Current member of Fate of Norns[/color]
    [color=red]Argick - R11 Warleader[/color]
    Snowbourn

A channeled skill? If it were as easily interruptible as the Lore-master's power drain, I doubt a warleader would be able to keep it up very long in PvP. Great for PvE, sure, but what I need for PvP is more mobility. Like if the Power of Fear purple parentheses made the next heal not just have a 0 second induction, but no induction and usable on the move. Every time you have to stop kiting, you are vulnerable. And the game doesn't instantly recognize you as stopped, so after stopping, you often have to click the heal 2-4 times before it works, which wouldn't happen if they simply made it usable on the move given the purple parentheses.
    Found your problem.
    Rank 14 Minstrel, Rank 10 Rune-keeper, Rank 7 Champion
    Rank 11 Weaver, Rank 11 Blackarrow, Rank 10 Reaver, Rank 10 Stalker, Rank 9 Defiler, Rank 7 Warleader

Quote Originally Posted by Argick View Post
    Strong Melee attack that on crit stuns the target for 6s and resets the cooldown of Shield Bash.

I hope I've read that wrong but from what I see shield bash will only stun if the skill crits, and currently we have a rather low melee crit chance and only 1 race trait to increase it, also Call of shadow does not effect melee skills so we cant utilize that.
    I wouldn't worry about that.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by Argick View Post
    The rest of the changes have potential but until we see numbers I won't pass too much judgement. Although I have noticed that Snap and Purge have switched roles.
    My best guess is that it was simly a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Daec View Post
    Might wanna check back into that.
    If I was breaching it, I'd have been warned by now I think. I welcome a GM to warn me if I am breaching it, because to my knowledge I am not in breach of it as I have agreed to no NDA.

If I was breaching it, I'd have been warned by now I think. I welcome a GM to warn me if I am breaching it, because to my knowledge I am not in breach of it as I have agreed to no NDA.
    sigh...You agreed to the NDA when you created your account as it is in the community guidelines

The following are basic rules of conduct that users of The Lord of the Rings Online™ Forums, My LOTRO, and the LOTRO Lorebook (the "Community Sites") are required to adhere to.

Failure to comply with these rules of conduct may result in the termination ("banning") of your Community and/or game account. Because every situation is different, all moderation of the Community Sites is at the discretion of the Turbine Community Team. These rules are subject to change without notice; please review them regularly.

20. You may not post, repost, or link to any information covered under a Non-disclosure agreement, including but not limited to spoilers, screen shots, and videos.

The information you are giving is under the NDA therefor you and the person that told you is breaking the NDA.

is has nothing to do with you not being in beta, but the information itself.

Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Brandywiner{LOTRO Player Council member}
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion
    Bubblez - Defiler
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    www.theblackappendage.com/monstermanual

Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    sigh...You agreed to the NDA when you created your account as it is in the community guidelines

The following are basic rules of conduct that users of The Lord of the Rings Online™ Forums, My LOTRO, and the LOTRO Lorebook (the "Community Sites") are required to adhere to.

Failure to comply with these rules of conduct may result in the termination ("banning") of your Community and/or game account. Because every situation is different, all moderation of the Community Sites is at the discretion of the Turbine Community Team. These rules are subject to change without notice; please review them regularly.

20. You may not post, repost, or link to any information covered under a Non-disclosure agreement, including but not limited to spoilers, screen shots, and videos.

The information you are giving is under the NDA therefor you and the person that told you is breaking the NDA.

is has nothing to do with you not being in beta, but the information itself.
    I did not link anything or post any screenshots nor did I post any information that is solid and undeniably true. If GM's had a problem with it they'd have told me considering that every little mildly insulting thing to anyone I say on the forums is caught out immediately.

I did not link anything or post any screenshots nor did I post any information that is solid and undeniably true. If GM's had a problem with it they'd have told me considering that every little mildly insulting thing to anyone I say on the forums is caught out immediately.
    Not always...it is the weekend. The forum moderators aren't always on during the weekends. But regarding the what you say about not posting any information

According to what I know from the Beta, CTS will auto-crit shield bash and SB can be enhanced via traits.
    even if it isn't totally true, you are stating this is information from beta...posting it is a full blown NDA violation.

Break the NDA all you want. not my account so I don't really care. Just trying to warn you so you don't get banned. They have been known to completely perma ban for multiple NDA violations. They already deleted one of your threads regarding the change due to mentioning beta. as I said before, you agreed to not violate NDA when you created your account, being that when you created your account, you agred to the COC, TOS, and Community Guidelines.

Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Brandywiner{LOTRO Player Council member}
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion
    Bubblez - Defiler
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    www.theblackappendage.com/monstermanual

Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    Not always...it is the weekend. The forum moderators aren't always on during the weekends. But regarding the what you say about not posting any information

even if it isn't totally true, you are stating this is information from beta...posting it is a full blown NDA violation.

Break the NDA all you want. not my account so I don't really care. Just trying to warn you so you don't get banned. They have been known to completely perma ban for multiple NDA violations. They already deleted one of your threads regarding the change due to mentioning beta. as I said before, you agreed to not violate NDA when you created your account, being that when you created your account, you agred to the COC, TOS, and Community Guidelines.
    Thanks for the warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Daec View Post
    Found your problem.
    I get an error message though. "You cannot do that while moving" or whatever. In that case, does it really matter if I mouse-click or use a keyboard?

Regarding my kiting technique, it takes both hands. Right hand on the mouse takes care of the turning and camera angle. Then one finger on my left hand on the W, Q, or E key to run forward or strafe. Another finger on my left hand will press nearby number keys to use skills, but it's hard to reach further than 6 or so, and I like to put similar skills near each other in case I accidentally hit the wrong key. I have damage skills on the keys my left hand can reach. The skills I can't reach with my left hand I click on, and yes, that does impede my kiting, and I've been trying to think of a better way, but as far as still getting a "You cannot do that while moving" error even after I have stopped moving, I don't see how that's the problem?

brawler = damage
    commander = healing.
    Maybe in theory, but in practice, Brawler's Stance is Kiter's Stance, and Kiter's Stance is the stance you want to be in for PvP. Commander's Stance just has limited use in specific PvE scenarios or when the freeps are unwisely ignoring you.

Unless they change Commander's to make it just as useful for the kiting healer as Brawler's, I do not see any reason why Brawler's healing should be nerfed.

Even then, unless Brawler's gives a massive damage bonus, like a damage-attuned rune-keeper, which it currently doesn't, I don't see any reason why we should take a significant healing hit. Better to encourage healers to go to Commander's stance by offering a bonus on that stance than by putting a nerf on brawler's stance, so players can pick stances based on what bonuses they'd rather have, not based on what nerfs they'd rather live with.

Haven't seen anyone post about this fact yet but..."Each Creep class is being given a new skill to help round out their rotations." Am i the only one who is super-pissed that this skill which is supposed to help our rotation won't help until we get rank 9?!? WL's are very hard to rank and few ever make it to rank 9. This now leaves them with the necessity of BUYING this from the store. Anyone else see something familiar here? This won't help new WL's who cannot pvp yet, this will help older WL's who can and will help those willing to buy it.

So thank you turbine for once again, under the silver lining of "help", for trying to get new players to buy from the store....
    *slow clap*
    Creeps:Lugezer r11
    Freeps: Athelious r5

Yep, just ranking a WL now (rank 4) the rank 9 gate also annoyed me.

With over 400 Warleaders on Elendilmir, that means they've created a new skill that only 20 (5 percent) of current Warleaders can use (without resorting to 'The Store').

/sigh
    [B]Vulfen cpt 100[/b]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast