We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Rebind "toggle framerate"?

So I managed to unbind the FPS toggle (ctrl F). When I did this I assumed that I could rebind it in the keybindings menu, and I regularly use ctrl f in just about any PC game I play. I checked the keybindings and can't find an option for it anywhere. I tried unmapping the action bar button bound to ctrl f and that didn't do the trick, either. I'd like to monitor my FPS since I've recently changed some computer hardware and wanted to measure my performance increase. Is there any way to keybind the fps toggle?

In your Documents folder there's "The Lord of the Rings Online" folder, in it there's lotro.keymap file.
    Open it with notepad (make sure the game is closed when you do it).
    The FPS display toggle seems to be called ToggleDebugHUD (search for it).
    I'm not sure if unbinding it deleted the string or you'll see it modified, but originally it should be
    ToggleDebugHUD [ Old [ 0 DIK_F ] 0x00000002 ]
    (I assume DIK_F is F, and 0x00000002 is modifier, i.e. Ctrl. You can decipher other keys and modifiers looking at other bindings.)
    If it is deleted, put it before ToggleBlockUI
    It's also a good idea to make a backup copy of lotro.keymap before you start messing with it

Quote Originally Posted by forum_elf View Post
    In your Documents folder there's "The Lord of the Rings Online" folder, in it there's lotro.keymap file.
    Open it with notepad (make sure the game is closed when you do it).
    The FPS display toggle seems to be called ToggleDebugHUD (search for it).
    I'm not sure if unbinding it deleted the string or you'll see it modified, but originally it should be
    ToggleDebugHUD [ Old [ 0 DIK_F ] 0x00000002 ]
    (I assume DIK_F is F, and 0x00000002 is modifier, i.e. Ctrl. You can decipher other keys and modifiers looking at other bindings.)
    If it is deleted, put it before ToggleBlockUI
    It's also a good idea to make a backup copy of lotro.keymap before you start messing with it
    K so I was looking thru this old thread and figured out what you need to do to rebind the original ctrl-f keybind for toggle frames per second to something else

ToggleDebugHUD [ Old [ 0 DIK_F ] 0x00000002 ] <-----------This is the original keybind, what you need to do is paste this back into the keymapping file (with the game closed of course) right before the ToggleBlockUI key, then change the part that says "Old" to "User" and the letter "F" to something else that is currently not used that you will not be hitting by accident, for instance I dont use the number zero (0) key, so i bound my to it as such

ToggleDebugHUD [ User [ 0 DIK_0 ] 0x00000002 ] by changing the parts I listed then closing and saving the file...done.