We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Post Shistar Here Class builds updates and Tips (hunter and champion)

Hey there all. I am shistar, you may no me in game or from my Kinship, Miners of MORIA.
    I am not recruiting just saying a few things.

Now I am the type of player that likes to try out knew things.
    I like to do what people do not. Try what people would not attempt.
    If you have played with my champ in raids such as ToO, draigoch or 6mans such as Foundry tier 2/ roots of fangorn then you know that I like to take.
    I am not bragging or promoting myself in anyway.
    I am here to tell you things about champs and hunters.
    Just so you can get an idea how awesome characters can be played, but how no one ever tried.

For the CHAMPION:
    Leme tell you, most people in the game only trait full dps champ. Now I can understand. But to be a champ
    you should be able to fill roles.
    Now I been hearing this BS (bull silk) about Champs not being able to tank. But to be honest, most champs that try to tank
    are holding out only 8k health and their physical/tactical mitigation is very low.
    Now if You built yourself a tank I do suggest one big thing, and you may not agree, but so far I haven't really had trouble with any instance (unless of a healer).
    I learned, get gear that gives Incoming healing, such as the Riders Steel Guards. gives some morale vit and might along with 1500 incoming healing ratting. Other items such as the Great River necklace of morale (something like that) gives you mitigation and high incoming healing and lots of health.

Now too much stuff to read, but One thing that people don't know about a champion, compared to a guardian or warden, is that A champion is capable of soloing a Foundry tier 2 run without heals, well maybe a captain traited dps with small heals. But I mean full out Forge fight, little heals.
    It takes practice. For traits go Valor, zeal, Innocence, Compassion, Fidelity.
    Also get Hamstring duration legacy, dire need cool down legacy, sudden defense cd legacy. And others that have to do with tanking. Max you run to full Incoming healing ratting.
    For AOE, build your weapon dps, with a few legacies that gives rend bleed, aoe maximum targets and horn damage.

HUNTER:
    There is something that I really want to talk about, for the hunter, and I think people would very much try this if they wanted to try the un doable.

For a hunter I can talk about trapper of the foes, which I can briefly. Trapper of foes is great, I would trait full trait (and rid of heightened senses for earth born or the intent or swift recovery. The way you can for Trapper of Foes (ToF) is to get a distracting shot cd legacy (which maxes out at 15s) and trait the legendary. What this will do is make distracting shot last for 30 seconds and have a total of 30 second cool down. The hunter is also good for the traps. Traps definitely! They are the most help, Now you might think they suck, but you might not have the crafted ones with you. Always keep triple traps, a normal trap and an FM trap. Also trait Rain of thorins (ROT) and Bards arrow for the extra Crowd Control(cc).

Now for the other trait/build I want to talk about. Is a different one, that nearly the whole population of the game does not use. Because one, hunters dont talk about to too much and two, its good for only some circumstances, but sum being many.

Now this is how it works, I am going to give you the traits you want to equip. This build can go with any trait line, but I would suggest Red line for more damage output on it. But you can also go blue to same some power and maintain focus. (I run blue myself due to my power issues with this, #lowpower)

Okay now if you are to go blue line, trait this:
    1.) Deadly Precision |2.) Resolute aim |3.) Earthborn |4.) Critical Eye |5.) Hail of Arrows |6.) Swift Recovery |7.) Arrow storm.

If you are to trait red line, trait this:
    1.) Critical Eye |2.) Hail of Arrows |3.) Arrow Storm |4.) Swift Mercy |5.) Swift and true |6.) Barbed Fury |7.) Deadly Precisin

Now let me tell you what doing this does.
    How it works is. With the Arrow storm and Hail of Arrows you can get a lot of AOE out, what Hail of Arrows does is it makes your Rain of Arrows have high critical chance and a +25% critical Multiplier. (I think it adds 15% critical chance).
    Now with that you can add critical eye for more critical chance. And for having that makes Arrow Storm very useful.
    What happens now is every time you hit rain of arrows among st 5 or 6 targets, you are likely to crit. And when it crits your arrow storm and split shot resets. (split shot is useless in this build though) Now what this means is you can spam the living Crop out of Rain of Arrows. What happens is, it costs 3 focus, but with Deadly Precision, you get an extra focus per crit on the arrow, so if you can hit 5 targets, and they call crit, you get an extra 5 focus. So now you can spam doing about (2k agility) 2k per hit, gaining all your focus back for the next shot, and spam that skill practically till the target dies.
    For legacies, I would do AoE maximum targets and Focus Bow Critical Multiplier. (which yes it does add to rain of arrows)

Now! You are an Area of Effect champion! It works great and well. I would suggest in foundry, roots tier 2 and some ToO wings. You can also do in about every Isen 3man.

If you have time check it out. I am pretty sure the hunter doesn't get any big changes that affects the blue or Red line.
    Nor the champ gets anything changed. Though I heard they are fixing some tanking on the champ to make it easier to trait incoming healing runes without giving block ratting only -.-

Otherwise, goodluck friends of Arkenstone and Be Strong on your journeys through Middle Earth!!
    Last edited by Karilis; Jul 31 2012 at 10:22 PM. Reason: fixed title
    Lord of the Valar!

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000115904/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Kudos for attempting to look at this as you perceive to be "out of the box", however there are still some fundamental "flaws" in these suggestions (for hunter, at least).

Quote Originally Posted by Karilis View Post
    For a hunter I can talk about trapper of the foes, which I can briefly. Trapper of foes is great, I would trait full trait (and rid of heightened senses for earth born or the intent or swift recovery. The way you can for Trapper of Foes (ToF) is to get a distracting shot cd legacy (which maxes out at 15s) and trait the legendary. What this will do is make distracting shot last for 30 seconds and have a total of 30 second cool down. The hunter is also good for the traps. Traps definitely! They are the most help, Now you might think they suck, but you might not have the crafted ones with you. Always keep triple traps, a normal trap and an FM trap. Also trait Rain of thorins (ROT) and Bards arrow for the extra Crowd Control(cc).
    This trait line is good, and only good, when you're needed as CC in a group. It can have merits if you're soloing and struggling to handle a few mobs at once, but otherwise a hunter's job is not crowd control. In most situations the most a hunter will be asked to trait for CC will be Bard's Arrow.

Now this is how it works, I am going to give you the traits you want to equip. This build can go with any trait line, but I would suggest Red line for more damage output on it. But you can also go blue to same some power and maintain focus. (I run blue myself due to my power issues with this, #lowpower)
    Honestly if you sit down and run numbers you'll find that running blue line isn't about power. It's about sustained, powerful DPS. Not just damage. Red gives you shiny big numbers, but leaves you starved for focus and can leave some hunters struggling to maintain a proper aggro relationship with their tank.

How it works is. With the Arrow storm and Hail of Arrows you can get a lot of AOE out, what Hail of Arrows does is it makes your Rain of Arrows have high critical chance and a +25% critical Multiplier. (I think it adds 15% critical chance). Now with that you can add critical eye for more critical chance. And for having that makes Arrow Storm very useful. What happens now is every time you hit rain of arrows among st 5 or 6 targets, you are likely to crit. And when it crits your arrow storm and split shot resets. (split shot is useless in this build though) Now what this means is you can spam the living Crop out of Rain of Arrows. What happens is, it costs 3 focus, but with Deadly Precision, you get an extra focus per crit on the arrow, so if you can hit 5 targets, and they call crit, you get an extra 5 focus. So now you can spam doing about (2k agility) 2k per hit, gaining all your focus back for the next shot, and spam that skill practically till the target dies. For legacies, I would do AoE maximum targets and Focus Bow Critical Multiplier. (which yes it does add to rain of arrows)

Now! You are an Area of Effect champion! It works great and well. I would suggest in foundry, roots tier 2 and some ToO wings. You can also do in about every Isen 3man.
    It can be fun to pretend we're a champ, sure, but in all honesty running around like this really only works well in Foundry (where the environment is pretty relaxed). Otherwise the point of the blue line is not to trait yourself so you can pretend your a champ, but to keep up sustained, single target DPS and not pull aggro from your tank.
    [center][color=#CC3300]Lieutenant Sersi Niflhel[/color] [color=#666699]· [i]Retired[/i][/color]
    [color=#993333]"I will give you no quarter, and I will take none."[/color][/center]

Well, you never ran with a champion who could tank then.. They could run about 14k unbuffed and have about 27% incoming healing ratting unbuffed. And have about 55% tactical mit and physical mit unbuffed also. Plus dont forget the sheilds that you can pop about ever 23 seconds and all the heals. Along with bracing attacking and glory stance that gives you 900 morale from having 4 in blue line. Then dont forget adamant and the fact that you can hit ebbing ire every 4 seconds. And that glory gives you the plus 60% threat gain. And raging blades, your AOE that grabs agro, so as soon as you pull that you maintain like a EoB as a warden.
    Lord of the Valar!

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000115904/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Well, you never ran with a champion who could tank then.. They could run about 14k unbuffed and have about 27% incoming healing ratting unbuffed. And have about 55% tactical mit and physical mit unbuffed also. Plus dont forget the sheilds that you can pop about ever 23 seconds and all the heals. Along with bracing attacking and glory stance that gives you 900 morale from having 4 in blue line. Then dont forget adamant and the fact that you can hit ebbing ire every 4 seconds. And that glory gives you the plus 60% threat gain. And raging blades, your AOE that grabs agro, so as soon as you pull that you maintain like a EoB as a warden.
    That's all well and good, but I'm not talking about a champ in my post. I'm talking about the part of your post where you address hunters.

But on that note, 55% is a little on the low side if something wearing heavy armour is interested in any kind of tanking or pseudo-tanking. Even buffed that would not bring the character close enough to the mit cap of 70%.
    [center][color=#CC3300]Lieutenant Sersi Niflhel[/color] [color=#666699]· [i]Retired[/i][/color]
    [color=#993333]"I will give you no quarter, and I will take none."[/color][/center]