We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exclamation AFTERLIFE is recruiting!!!!!

About the Guild:
    Afterlife was founded by Thott in 1999, one of the first guilds ever created on the internet. Starting in EQ, we have established a reputation as one of the most respected and progressed guilds across various MMOs and continue to build on that legacy today. We are a community of gamers that has been playing together for over 10 years. Much has changed since the guilds creation but our principles remain the same – to be the best out there, no matter which game we play, and to have fun doing it.

Our History:
    In EQ, Afterlife became the leading guild claiming multiple world firsts during the games peak. Upon the release of WoW, the guild decided to change focus and switched games. Already famous for it’s achievements in EQ, Afterlife continued to impress the gaming community achieving world first kills of over a dozen bosses in Naxx, MC, AQ, and BWL. As WoW’s player base reached into the millions Afterlife continued to maintain impressive world rank throughout Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King and Catalclysm expansions. Though our focus has always been PvE, we have a substantial amount of gladiators that have maintained top 1% rank in PvP across various platforms.

Our Members:
    Afterlife is not only known for it’s achievements as a whole, but also for it’s remarkable individuals. Our guild leader, Thott, is well established in the MMO society. He invented the DKP loot system and it is still used by thousands of guilds today, including our own. Thott is also the creator of thottbot.com, a popular WoW website. His writings on EQ were read by all the most progressed players. Many more of our members are well known for their contributions to various class forums and theorycrafting threads, some of which run their own resource websites. Our raiders consistently top various scoreboards for their exceptional performance in raids and knowledge of their class. We develop our own boss strategies, and think for ourselves. The guilds leadership is stable and effective, it’s members are the best the gaming community has to offer.

Our Current Focus:
    Currently, the LOTRO branch of Afterlife is seeking raid ready, like minded individuals with the desire to progress and eventually become the best at what we do. A potential Afterlife recruit is one that is knowledgeable with their class, comfortable making changes on the fly, possesses exceptional situational awareness and reaction time, respectful of authority, and yet not afraid to contribute their ideas and suggestions. Afterlife is an adult oriented kin, meaning that some language may or may not be strictly G rated. We expect potential members to be comfortable with such banter. All potential members are expected to make as many of our raid nights as conceivably possible, and post notice in our forums should an absence be necessary.

In addition, we ask that you prepare fully for the night's activities - food, potions, salves, bow chants, oils, strings, whatever you need to be totally successful.

Raid times are as follows: Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday - 8:30pm to 11pm EST, which may go later depending on progression. Please be on at least fifteen minutes in advance for invites. Raid nights may be reduced in the future depending on our progression.

For more information, please do not hesitate to visit our website: www.afterlifeguild.org. Contacts in game include Sadre, Tanksta, Lyricals, or Sofakein. Thank you for your time and we hope to see you soon!
    Last edited by Lyricals; Jul 31 2012 at 02:37 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000027e4b3/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Lyricals * Lyricalz * Starswirl * Sweetiebelle * Lyricutie * Berryswirl (Worst Defiler US)

If you started in Everquest, then you seriously need to retract your " one of the first guilds ever created on the internet" claim. There were quite a few godawful MMOs around (massively oversubscribed) for the most part, long before EQ proved that it WAS technically feasable for an MMO to meet the demand available for its services. Meridian 59 ( best forgotten - 20 minutes to open a door ) was my first introduction to MMOs. Ultima online managed to keep up with solo questing, but the player housing turned the whole of Brittania into tenemented slums. At least a decade before MMOs, failed or otherwise, appeared on the scene, text-based MUDs had guilds and kins running. Moral of the story: if you wish to make a historical claim, first, know your history.
    Last edited by wachkussen; Jul 31 2012 at 12:41 PM.

AFTERDEATH! lol

Good to see you in the 'moors.
    Silverlode:
    Freep: R8 Burglar - Langthain (Retired)
    Creeps: R8 Spider - Spidicense (Retired), R8 Warg - Bytez (Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by WitchKingofAngmar View Post
    AFTERDEATH! lol

Good to see you in the 'moors.
    I just started moorsing yesterday, literally. Be easy on me.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000027e4b3/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Lyricals * Lyricalz * Starswirl * Sweetiebelle * Lyricutie * Berryswirl (Worst Defiler US)

Mmmmm.. Sure'am. Hobbits are my #1 diet, hope you know!
    Silverlode:
    Freep: R8 Burglar - Langthain (Retired)
    Creeps: R8 Spider - Spidicense (Retired), R8 Warg - Bytez (Retired)

Welcome to Silverlode, sir.

I have seen Afterlife tags around, and I wondered if it was the guild from EQ. Looks like it is!

It will be interesting to see how you progress. I notice you aren't raiding around the clock like you did in EQ. Is that a function of changes in the guild objectives, or what LotRO has to offer, or how it's offered? I would guess the raid lockouts have something to do with that.

Well, EQ was so different really, you had to be ready to raid anytime a server reset happened and bosses repopped. But newer games you can schedule it and get things done. We really dont need even 4 days of raiding to do what we need to, but we use them for progression. We can run thru all 4 wings of ToO in a night easily on tier 1, but we are working tier 2 and Saruman right now. We just got enough folks to do kin only most the time, so we been gearing people up and such.

But yeah its nice to see folks from old Mith Marr . This is Leopardfist from Raids by Leo btw

Still looking for talented players to work on Tier 2 ToO content and beyond!

Up!!!!!

I am interested in joining this kinship.
    My main toon is currently a level 57 hunter that is in Moria.
    I also have a few toons that I recently started, such as a level 13 Lore Master and a Rune Keeper.

My main goal for now is to get out of Moria, and continue questing from there on.

Recently I left my Kinship before if inactivity. I am looking for a group of people that I can play with and have fun talking with.

So if If meet the requirements for this kin, please send me a request.

Tim
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000002499b0/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lyricals View Post
    Up!!!!!
    Hello, are you still active?
    Who can I contact online to have a chat about joining the kin?

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphus View Post
    Hello, are you still active?
    Who can I contact online to have a chat about joining the kin?
    You can give Lyricals a chat. Send her a tell if you see her on or feel free to send a mail.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/nalv.jpg/][IMG]http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/7739/nalv.jpg[/IMG][/URL]