We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can't find simple "Leather Guard" recipe!!

I've searched high and low on the net, in the forum here and the lorebook, I've checked with vendors and auctioneers till I'm green in the face and I CANNOT fine the recipe for "Leather Guard" that I need to finish a crafting quest. Anyone have any ideas?!?!

Thanks.

Re: Can't find simple "Leather Guard" recipe!!

The Leather Guard is a basic component recipe automatically known by the Tailor profession (once they reach the appropriate level). There is no recipe for it that can be found.

If you're not a tailor then you'll need to check the Auction House for one, find a friendly tailor from your kin or ask in the Trade channel for someone who can help with it. If you are a tailor, perhaps you haven't reached the appropriate level of Tailoring proficiency to make them? It's at Journeyman level.

Leather Guards are made by Tailors (I believe Journeyman, Level 2). If you are a tailor, you should have it automatically. If not, you have a couple of choices, find friend/kinmate and trade, ask in-game and trade, buy it on the auction house, if available, or roll a tailor alt.

Hope this helps.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000103258/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

4. Re: Can't find simple "Leather Guard" recipe!!

Quote Originally Posted by fliberdygibits View Post
    I've searched high and low on the net, in the forum here and the lorebook, I've checked with vendors and auctioneers till I'm green in the face and I CANNOT fine the recipe for "Leather Guard" that I need to finish a crafting quest. Anyone have any ideas?!?!

Thanks.
    The Thickest of Skins, Part II (tailor) and The Will of the Iron, Part II (Metalsmith) are the only crafting quests I know of that requires Leather Guards so I assume you have tailoring either way. As others said it is an automatically granted recipe under the section titled Components of the Journeyman tier.

In the future if you're unsure you may want to look at my guide, under each recipe is an "other information" section which tells you how to obtain the recipe. For example Here
    Last edited by Unique; Nov 27 2010 at 01:47 AM.

It would be nice if Glassi Ironhand mentioned this in his detailed notes for "The Will of the Iron, Part II (Metalsmith)." It's really kind of a bummer to go get the items you think you need using his notes only to find out when you go to put it all together that there is much more to it. Now I have to level Tailor to Journeyman (which means buying a lot of leather when it becomes available at the Auction House which isn't always very often) before I can level Metalsmith to Expert. Not so much of a big deal, but it would have been nice to know before all that running around.

Here's what his notes say:

I have given you the recipe to make a Featherweight Shield as well as my notes on the process, which is more than I was given when I reached the same stage in my training as you have. I will expect a shield that is both sturdy enough to block many blows and light enough to wield comfortably, and my expectations are that much higher because you have access to these notes. Do not squander this opportunity to impress me, for you will not get another.

IRON CHAIN

You can make the iron chain you will need if you can get your hands on some barrow-iron ingots. Barrow-iron is readily found throughout Bree-land, especially in the Andrath, the Barrow-downs, and the Bree-fields, and a novice prospector can smelt the iron for you.

STEEL BRACES

The same prospector can refine the steel ingots you will need for these braces if you supply him with barrow-iron and coal, and with coin, most likely.

IRON BAND

The band gives shape to the curve of the shield and must be securely fastened to the frame. Barrow-iron is strong enough to form the band.

ANCIENT EMBLEM

These materials have formed only the frame of the Featherweight Shield. For the core of it, we must look to history. In the great battles of long ago, warriors strode into battle on the Fields of Fornost, and death greeted them. Their loss will serve to remind the bearer of this shield what evil it keeps at bay. Look to the shades that still walk the Fields of Fornost and take from them an Ancient Emblem with which to adorn the shield.

If you are true of heart and strong of will, like the iron, you will return to me with a shield worthy of song. If not, another of my students may come across your bones as he seeks his own way.

Glasi Ironhand

Oh, by the way, @Unique - very nice crafting guides. Thank you for that.