We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Epic write up, brings back so many old memories. I wouldn't mind having the old moors back, I just started playing again and its just not the same.
    HIGHCHIEFTAINNAZGRUL
    CHIEFWARRIORPEGASIS
    COMMANDERMARIUSS

Quote Originally Posted by Mariuss View Post
    Epic write up, brings back so many old memories. I wouldn't mind having the old moors back, I just started playing again and its just not the same.
    That's because you aren't on Gladden, noob
    [SIZE=3]Sakul[/SIZE], [SIZE=3]Seredir[/SIZE], [SIZE=3]Sammoth[/SIZE], [SIZE=3]Pierski[/SIZE], [SIZE=3]Coldfels[/SIZE], [SIZE=3]Sumfourtyone[/SIZE], [SIZE=3]Tangled[/SIZE], and [SIZE=3]Kook[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    You forgot to mention the huge crush Genbo had on Gunnor and the eerie fasination he had for his Elf, man-beauty... (Good to see you guys doing well and great post)...
    To be honest Gunnor, it must've been hard being you back then . Hilariously enough, the reason why I picked on you so much was because you were very difficult to piss off . You just rolled with every punch. Sorry about missing your tell last night, I was too into reading about the changes coming up with the expansion. When I got back you were already off line.

There's been some ridiculous changes, how is creep side doing so bad? I was experimenting with Quitters and man, Warleaders can dish out a lot more healing than when I was playing. And removing the induction off the next heal when a shout crits? Shaving 10 whole seconds off quitters every time we use one of our main two heals? I haven't calculated it yet but the net cool down has to be around three minutes at most. Freeps must have some even more ridiculous DPS right now.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320301000008055a/signature.png]Vidicis[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by drpaladin85 View Post
    To be honest Gunnor, it must've been hard being you back then . Hilariously enough, the reason why I picked on you so much was because you were very difficult to piss off . You just rolled with every punch. Sorry about missing your tell last night, I was too into reading about the changes coming up with the expansion. When I got back you were already off line.

There's been some ridiculous changes, how is creep side doing so bad? I was experimenting with Quitters and man, Warleaders can dish out a lot more healing than when I was playing. And removing the induction off the next heal when a shout crits? Shaving 10 whole seconds off quitters every time we use one of our main two heals? I haven't calculated it yet but the net cool down has to be around three minutes at most. Freeps must have some even more ridiculous DPS right now.
    It was especially fun being Gunnor in those days, just as much as you enjoyed being Genbu (Genbo).. Not many around today that's as thick skinned.

You are the analytical one and I look forward to seeing what you discover if you decide to dive in again. I also look forward to playing on the same side this time. Gunnor has retired and Ronnug just recently started playing again and is still wet behind the ears but coming along..
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

Yeah warleader is a more aggressive playstyle now. I like brawler stance these days, more frequent shouts, more crits mean more inductionless heals, plus (smaller) group heal on the move, much easier to get heals off now. Lots of fun, although haven't been out on the moors too often lately, leveling up my replacement hunter since I got a little bored of playing my ridiculously OP warden out there lol.

But yeah, if freeps actually get their focus fire on things can go from full to dead in a very small number of seconds. Luckily that doesn't actually happen that often.
    [color=red]Urgbuz, Warleader - Urgbash, Reaver[/color]
    [color=lightblue]Zubgru Goldenmullet, Warden - Jonathalien, Hunter - Andraiel, Captain[/color]

That's when I stumbled across Vinner's thread and decided on contributing (much props to you bro).
    Dis is gooddd, dis is berry goooddd indeedd! Will be awesome seeing the Twins back out there to wreak havoc!

That was great! I love these two threads, especially since I just started logging on again. Nice to see some familiar stuff on the forums.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000005f6a0/signature.png]Lathius[/charsig]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great Thread - it does bring back some great memories of the pinnacle of Gladden PvMP, imho.
    Lt. Tremolo the Veteran (House of Elders) - Rank 10 Minstrel
    Blackarrow-Foe, Reaver-Foe, Stalker-Foe, Weaver-Foe

My reaver, Vroom Vroom, was a part of the now legendary SotWH blender raid, and I remember some epic KB battles within the formittable reaver crew. The reavers would routinely notch 100+ KBs each after a night of prime-time Ettenmoors fun back during this golden age of PvMP. Simultaneous Devs from 8+ SotWH reavers was a frightful sight for freeps back then - Good times!

Quote Originally Posted by Threex View Post
    My reaver, Vroom Vroom, was a part of the now legendary SotWH blender raid, and I remember some epic KB battles within the formittable reaver crew. The reavers would routinely notch 100+ KBs each after a night of prime-time Ettenmoors fun back during this golden age of PvMP. Simultaneous Devs from 8+ SotWH reavers was a frightful sight for freeps back then - Good times!
    When I logged on my Reaver yesterday, I saw Aeons had invited some new faces to the tribe, including Slashed, Juwato, Ghastro and Varcolac. Consider playing your Reaver again, Trem, it looks like they're trying to revive SotWH. Oh and Nazgrel's WL was on too.
    [img]https://puu.sh/eEtPr/e6936d48fb.jpg[/img]
    [color=darkred]High Chieftan Urukhaithere + Chieftan Vargburz + Commander Annorian + Liutenant Professorbananas[/color]

That actually sounds like some fun sadly I don't want to waste the money on yet another bad LOTRO Expansion I have hit my limit so I guess I will keep tabs to see how it actually turns out, but currently from reading sure doesn't seem worth the $$
    Kozzmo *Invictus* R13 RK
    Novafett *Soldiers of the White Hand* R11 WL
    Aterju *Soldiers of the White Hand* R9 Weaver

Quote Originally Posted by reverendmaggot View Post
    When I logged on my Reaver yesterday, I saw Aeons had invited some new faces to the tribe, including Slashed, Juwato, Ghastro and Varcolac. Consider playing your Reaver again, Trem, it looks like they're trying to revive SotWH. Oh and Nazgrel's WL was on too.
    I would probably give it a shot, Rev, if it were not for the newest grind just to qualify to be competitive with the audacity introduction. We already spent time with the ranking grind; audacity is a deterrent for individuals like me with very little time to play anymore. :/

I really appreciate the "head's up" though, bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Threex View Post
    I would probably give it a shot, Rev, if it were not for the newest grind just to qualify to be competitive with the audacity introduction. We already spent time with the ranking grind; audacity is a deterrent for individuals like me with very little time to play anymore. :/

I really appreciate the "head's up" though, bud.
    I agree with the grind part trem, but it is not that bad. I am not even bothering with audacity until the new release and yes I get blown up due to the fact I am taking more damage, but the game is still fun. I just know that i will not be involved in end game raiding due to lack of my time as well and am trying to just enjoy it when I can.

Good to see you though Trem.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000005f6a0/signature.png]Lathius[/charsig]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I certainly can't match Genbu or Aeons, but this thread brought back good memories, so I'll throw in my version.

Originally known as Antilles, Cuomo started as a fighter for the forces of good. Even while Antilles leveling, his kin-mate, Arminius, was always pushing him to come and try some PvP. While still underleveled, Antilles grew bored one day, and traveled to the Ettenmoors, asking in OOC if anyone was willing to show a lvl47 hunter around. It was just after book 10, and leaders such as Silverest and Silentnight were suddenly not leading fights with regularity for their sides. Antilles was quickly invited to a group with a loremaster named Gleefelin, who helped him open his map, and slowly formed a raid. Antilles got his first ranks that day. He eventually hit level cap, and continued to fight for the forces of good. Antilles, along with Melicki, could be found most nights in raids, led by Gleefelin, calling targets for him, and they two raced to get one more rank, prior to the changes in Book 12 that changed raid infamy and made ranking suddenly easy.

With Book 12 though, the Ettenmoors lost all fun for Antilles. Every day was spent camping at grams against completely overwhelmed creeps. There was no honor in this. So he decided to give creepside a try. That evening, he was reborn under a new name, Cuomo. He knew where the power lied on creepside, and where the best chance for true opposition to the freep hoard lay. So he sent a tell to Genbu, explaining he was Antilles reborn, and asking for an invite, for a chance. After several minutes past, he was given his shot. As Arminius, who had already turned to evil and was in the group, reborn under the names Snapper, Negate, or Blite, explained to Cuomo: Genbu had asked the group what they thought of letting this freep into their group. While some were ok with it, most were against it. Genbu didn't care, and invited him anyways. Cuomo worked to prove himself as a capable healer. But nights of organized opposition to freeps were few and far between. Times were still dark, till finally, Genbu and Aeons called for the infamous blender to be formed. Cuomo quickly developed a rapport with his fellow healer Aterju. While they were often called to support the Twins in the elite group one, on their best nights they formed the backbone of group two. They coordinated separately from the rest of the raid, keeping their group from deaths, keeping healing and bubbles flowing. With them in their own vent, were often Unguluk, Braelob, Varcolac, Cahboom, and a few others. Thanks to this coordination, any loremaster who power drained them was quickly interrupted, any melee who interrupted them was quickly slowed, all while leaving the main raid voice channel open for Genbu to call for pushes, and Aeons to name who died next. With some freeps bragging about reaching 5 stars on classes with escape skills for when times grew rough, Aterju and Cuomo decided to race for 5 stars themselves, on classes without a get out of jail free card. As they reached this pinnacle themselves, so too did they keep their reavers alive, so they also gained these infamous stars. Eventually though, all good things end, and with The Mines of Moria, so to ended the Golden Age of Gladden's Ettenmoors.

Cuomo was present for most of the events listed here by others, so they need not be recapped. He was most content as a lieutenant to the generals with the will and skill to lead. However, when the twins, or before that on freepside Gleefelin, were not present, he stepped up to fill the role as leader, and kept the armies marching forward, rather than let fools take control. He, Aterju, Unguluk, and others of their group still fight together in other lands.
    Antilles, Hunter Pre-Book 12
    Tolkmit, nee Cuomo, Gladden's First 5 Star War Leader
    Celchu, Antagonist, Maybourne
    Original Gladden

Good post man. Its good to see you guys are back . It might be lame to say but those were fond memories for me. Very good times. I still like watching your video of you two on the trolls, LOL good stuff. Always like seeing freeps get crushed.
    Never thought id say this but ive given up PVP on this game due to the %&*#@!$ new system they have set up.
    If you want SoTWH back send me a tell on my &&&&&&& BLACWIN.

Always a CREEP at heart,
    R12 NEGATE, R9 BLITE, R8 SNAPPER, R8 GHATE, R7 CRUTCH, R5 IMPALE

P.S. Thanks for the kind words.
    P.S.S You may see me from time to time on my chump ARMINIUS for some crazyness, and some free renown of 3-10 points LOL.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220301000009897d/signature.png]Negate[/charsig]
    Freeps need rank like a bull needs t.i.t.s.

Miss ya, Ghate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shau'nac View Post
    Miss ya, Ghate.
    I still see you on freepside. I was talking to you the other morining on my burg. Wont tell you the name but we were talking about 2 milks and what not. HEHE
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220301000009897d/signature.png]Negate[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Dc12345 View Post
    Good post man. Its good to see you guys are back . It might be lame to say but those were fond memories for me. Very good times. I still like watching your video of you two on the trolls, LOL good stuff. Always like seeing freeps get crushed.
    Never thought id say this but ive given up PVP on this game due to the %&*#@!$ new system they have set up.
    If you want SoTWH back send me a tell on my &&&&&&& BLACWIN.

Always a CREEP at heart,
    R12 NEGATE, R9 BLITE, R8 SNAPPER, R8 GHATE, R7 CRUTCH, R5 IMPALE

P.S. Thanks for the kind words.
    P.S.S You may see me from time to time on my chump ARMINIUS for some crazyness, and some free renown of 3-10 points LOL.
    Blite you traitor, get off that gay server meneldor! You can thank me for helping to bring them back through my wiki btw :P.
    Ewoc EMAY of the "Lonely Mountain" , Izergz Reaver
    OP RoI Hunter Build:
    http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/p...nShot00071.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Grimphore View Post
    Blite you traitor, get off that gay server meneldor! You can thank me for helping to bring them back through my wiki btw :P.
    Dude my creeps are dormant on both servers. Sorry man. My nephew (CYCLIC) came back for a bit, but that didnt last either. He didnt like the new system as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dc12345 View Post
    Dude my creeps are dormant on both servers. Sorry man. My nephew (CYCLIC) came back for a bit, but that didnt last either. He didnt like the new system as well.
    Just wait for RoR dude, balance as we know it, 1v1, group, and raid wise, will be destroyed worse than ever lol. Not subbed anymore anyway so w/e.
    OP RoI Hunter Build:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimphore View Post
    Just wait for RoR dude, balance as we know it, 1v1, group, and raid wise, will be destroyed worse than ever lol. Not subbed anymore anyway so w/e.
    How will balance be destroyed? The release notes clearly state that creep will be buffed to be in line with freeps? Do you consider balance when one side has the advantage?
    HIGHCHIEFTAINNAZGRUL
    CHIEFWARRIORPEGASIS
    COMMANDERMARIUSS

Quote Originally Posted by Mariuss View Post
    How will balance be destroyed? The release notes clearly state that creep will be buffed to be in line with freeps? Do you consider balance when one side has the advantage?
    Ummmm gg marinoob . You know I play both freep and creep (then again, the last and only time I saw you, you were on WL), and my reaver, being as weak as he is, doesnt even have thrash and I still do well in 1v1s. Don't even play my guard because he is OP now, and will be even stupider to play in the expac. You sound like Urthona right now . Did you forget about the relics and the 40% dps buff if ONE side has them for 1v1s/raids/groups? It's going to be constantly fluctuating and annoying. That's talking creep and freep. One of them even provides 1 more audacity, its lolz.
    Last edited by Grimphore; Sep 22 2012 at 02:01 PM.
    OP RoI Hunter Build:

bumped for exposure.
    OP RoI Hunter Build:

bumped for exposure.

Ahh the golden age of the moors. Ive been playing in the moors for 6 years and have never ever been in as good as a raid as a Soldiers Raid(and that includes Vyxe from E if you know him who is top shelf too). Once a guard, I switched sides when Sudonh left freepside(i had no one to shield wall) and never played my freep in the moors again. I remember one soldiers raid where 1 creep raid held off two raids of freeps inside Ost...under the stairs for like 45 minutes. I never counted myself as a great moors player but had the most fun in a Soldiers raid. Hi to all my old friends....Hi Urgburz! Btw I still see sudonh once in awhile on E. Rocalin--Deathgrin.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208010000131b45/signature.png]Trapdoorz[/charsig]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2