We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Reputation

I have a few hundred unused marks, with which I planned to buy reputation. Which faction should a cappy buy reputation for?

A few hundred marks ain't going to buy you a whole lot of reputation.

Anyway, are you leveling, or are you end-game?

If you are at level cap, put it toward the end-game faction who's gear you are most interested in. If it is for something like the world renowned deed, put it toward one of the harder ones to grind; lossoth or enedwaith rep comes to mind. But as Omen pointed out, you are not going to get much with a few hundred marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardcliff View Post
    I have a few hundred unused marks, with which I planned to buy reputation. Which faction should a cappy buy reputation for?
    I woudn't waste marks on Reputation if I were you. But if you are already decided, I would probably put it toward those guys in the Lonelands.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    I woudn't waste marks on Reputation if I were you. But if you are already decided, I would probably put it toward those guys in the Lonelands.
    DEFINATELY NOT! Eglain rep is easy to obtain. First, if you don't already have your bog lurker Lonelands deed done, start doing the Tree instance daily. First,you'll knock off 8-9 a round towards your deed, and remember, 8-9 bog lurkers is about 30-45 minutes of searching on the world map during peak times. The entire instance should take maybe 20 minutes, and you obtain 2400 rep for completing the instance with the optional. The deed itself awards Discipline for +might. Also, you can craft your way through Eglain rep, and if you're a cook, you're laughing. Cost me more to buy the quest then it did to buy the mats to craft the items. 3 cooks (jewellers), so that was extremely easy rep. Not to mention the only good thing to come out of Eglain rep is the map to Ost Guruth which can be useful for the swift travel to Rivendell while avoiding Bree.

Forochel rep is by far the worst to grind. There are very few deeds out there worth grinding, even less that you can't max somewhere else much faster. You only end up with Friend status, maybe Ally if you complete everything out there too. Someone mentioned Enedwaith, and Grey Company rep is the worst out there these days, but I don't think you can barter for that rep, so you'll have to complete this with dailies. At least you should get enough gold tokens for your map and maybe some emotes or a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    DEFINATELY NOT! Eglain rep is easy to obtain. First, if you don't already have your bog lurker Lonelands deed done, start doing the Tree instance daily. First,you'll knock off 8-9 a round towards your deed, and remember, 8-9 bog lurkers is about 30-45 minutes of searching on the world map during peak times. The entire instance should take maybe 20 minutes, and you obtain 2400 rep for completing the instance with the optional. The deed itself awards Discipline for +might. Also, you can craft your way through Eglain rep, and if you're a cook, you're laughing. Cost me more to buy the quest then it did to buy the mats to craft the items. 3 cooks (jewellers), so that was extremely easy rep. Not to mention the only good thing to come out of Eglain rep is the map to Ost Guruth which can be useful for the swift travel to Rivendell while avoiding Bree.

Forochel rep is by far the worst to grind. There are very few deeds out there worth grinding, even less that you can't max somewhere else much faster. You only end up with Friend status, maybe Ally if you complete everything out there too. Someone mentioned Enedwaith, and Grey Company rep is the worst out there these days, but I don't think you can barter for that rep, so you'll have to complete this with dailies. At least you should get enough gold tokens for your map and maybe some emotes or a horse.
    Well we disagree Kril. I found forochel rep pretty easy to get up. I just went out there and quested while farming rep items. They dropped like rain, and it felt like there was literally hundreds of quests out there. Grey Company is time consuming - but not that bad. Just do the dailies. The problem I had with the lonelands people is depending on what craft you are (not all of us are cooks) it can be a real pain. For example - in order for me to get my rep up as a weaponsmoth I had to make certain hunter traps - which required some kidn of purple straw or something.... I can't even remember exactly. And it was annoying as &&&& to get ahold of. Deffinitely the most aggravating reputation for me - though the Rift people might be worse. That's the only Rep I haven't gone after yet.
    Last edited by Jeremi; Jul 26 2012 at 12:29 PM.

whatever rep gets you a port first! i cant remember if they removed some and made them store only, or id suggest specifics.

Thorins is probably the most useful, as it drops you right onto a stable path (also why i live in Thorins, as it was closest to a stable back when there were few ports).

is Thorins rep-port still available to all?

i grinded (ground?) all my rep back when it was more of a pain and actually have no idea which are easiest now.

Well Thorin's rep travel is available to everyone except dwarves (who can only get the racial). Although it now drops you outside the hall not next to the stable. Bree is actually a bit closer now as it has been moved to the west gate from the rep circle.

Personally I wouldn't use marks, if I can't be bothered grinding rep through drops, I buy the items on the AH, gold is in much less demand for me.
    “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”