We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 579
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,697
    Im sorry, first you tell me this is about hunters vs BAs, then you tell me its not about 1v1s and then you tell me you cant get allies, but really I dont get your QQ, you telling me its not 1v1s yet its about BA vs hunter, let me guess, you speak out of theory and not out of experience right? you're the one whose not making any sense at all.

  2. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    Im sorry, first you tell me this is about hunters vs BAs, then you tell me its not about 1v1s and then you tell me you cant get allies, but really I dont get your QQ, you telling me its not 1v1s yet its about BA vs hunter, let me guess, you speak out of theory and not out of experience right? you're the one whose not making any sense at all.
    Who are you referencing?

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    Im sorry, first you tell me this is about hunters vs BAs, then you tell me its not about 1v1s and then you tell me you cant get allies, but really I dont get your QQ, you telling me its not 1v1s yet its about BA vs hunter, let me guess, you speak out of theory and not out of experience right? you're the one whose not making any sense at all.


    ¿Habla usted Inglés




    your troll is showing

    your the only one who has trouble comprehending...

    that its about hunter effectivness in the moors, not about any creep class being OP or such. any refrences to creep are made only to compare with hunter and not any other class.

    im done with you

    please go back to the creep forums.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    that its about hunter effectivness in the moors.
    so now its about hunters in the moors and not hunter vs BA..?
    lol yeah I better head back to the creep forums

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    395
    Delete your hunter.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    To all creeps getting hit for 3k on a pen shot dev:
    L2P.
    To all hunters who think you have to dev to hit 3k, L2P.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    There are corruptions that boost your mits at your trainer. Buy 3 of those and stop whining.
    Thanks for letting everyone know you've never even glanced at creepside 101.

    Quote Originally Posted by zalladi View Post
    I'm giving my two cents that those two hunters that are fantastic at soloing are the ones that were given three first age symbols, the ultimate jewellery combinations, six major legacies on their weapons, store pots + stats and, probably, using exploits.
    They almost definitely have a 1st age bow (which is not hard to acquire anymore, they're regrettably becoming quite common) maybe have a 1st age sword/dagger/etc. I am unaware as to which jewellery combinations they have, though it is to be assumed that they are good, yet nonetheless, are able to be obtained in the safety of PvE land. I know they don't have 6 major legacies, get real. They don't use store pots, I don't know if they used store tomes or not (even if they did +50 to any stat is not a large difference). And it is perfectly absurd for you to assume they use exploits, but just to humor you, no, they don't.

    Quote Originally Posted by zalladi View Post
    'Regular' Hunters have little chance to be spoilt like some rich people that play. I, for one, know one hunter that had an infinite amount of store items, and is un-killable (As in, they will pop an immunity brand, speed potion, store potion and RUN).
    So naturally you assume that these two people must also exploit, be spoiled brats, and use store brands, and thus close your mind to even consider the possibility that these two people might just be good, because of one person who isn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by zalladi View Post
    Just, please, do not talk about strategies for this class when you do not have an end-game Hunter.
    For all you know, I do, and half of the supposed Hunters in favor of this don't have a signature proving it, and we are taking them at their word as well. But I don't see you hushing them up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    even though you have creep goggles on, most likely do not have a lvl cap hunter, and overall deny facts.... i will respond
    to your post....
    I'll be looking for an explanation of the supposed "facts" that I denied...


    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    1: yes not everyone has their i win skills off cooldown (especially spiders).... but they are none the less..... when a spider hits burrow.... you lose the element of supprise, 99% of non-newbie spiders have burrow heal, and spider pets will harass/debuff the hunter, then spider can pop up and eat his pet if its being attacked, mez you, debuff you, get in your face, use heal/b/p/e buffs skills.... foces you to use your enternally long psn cure.... heals self.... 30% attack and induct durations.... yea you are dead.
    A very good spider might be able to do all that you've said, but this is not something that would be able to be constantly repeated, over and over. Trying to use an absolute best case scenario (for the weaver) where it uses all it's skills seemingly flawlessly is not accurate and therefore unreliable. But I'm glad you admit that we don't always have our I win skills all the time, let me again remind you that while certain classes creepside do have these (situationally), there are plenty of freep skills (not necessarily belonging to Hunters) which ensure victory for them as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    a ranked, decent spider will have enough skills to kill you if they hit burrow from your initial attack. they dont have it up all the time, but hey! sometimes they dont need to.
    That's more conjecture than it is actual facts, so it's not really worth trying to refute.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    WL has enough mits and heals to out last your initial burst DPS and enough debuffs and the like to kills you if you stick around. with quitters never win (current 3kish heal) soon to be on a 3min cooldown having its cooldown reduced by healing skills 15 sec a pop... and uruk heal.... if they hit those.... you will have a TIME trying to kill him.
    You're assuming it's a high rank WL. A mid ranked WL with only 12-14k health is not quite as challenging. You're right, you don't have an easy time killing them, but it's far from impossible either.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    2:
    reavers are NOT forced to use charge and the likes to win. perhaps against the OP freep classes, but by NO MEANS are you required to use them (i can name plenty of examples for a good reaver mid ranked to be able to win without those skills... btw reavers are getting a buffing in RoR, even more capability)
    Unless the Reaver is fighting a melee class (and even then Charge is most desired) or is already in melee range then he is stone-dead without charge against anyone who knows how to push buttons. Also, you are quite wrong, in saying you can't win without using such skills as Dev strike, Ravage+Gut punch, and Hamstring. You probably haven't played a reaver (definitely not seriously) so I understand, but you are most definitely in error if you think we don't need those skills and aren't "forced" to play a certain way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    sorry that you cant beat those good freeps. perhaps its because reaver is underpowered atm...or that you are doing something wrong
    It is probably a little bit of both.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    perhaps you'r afraid that if hunters get fixed your only source of e-z kills will go away?
    I already told you once that I have a good deal more KBs on Runekeepers and Loremasters than I do hunters. I can kill other classes, including some champions, burglars, guardians, captains, and the occasional warden/minstrel. But one thing which connects all of them is that they must be bad players or make a good deal of mistakes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    3: roll another class... what a pile of rubbish that is being thrown at us all the time.... "if you dont like your class... play another class".... well what if i want to play like my creep counterpart? what if i love my class?
    I'm not saying you should roll another class if yours is underpowered, I'm saying if you want your class to be able to do something that it is clearly not designed for (essentially being able to "run and gun" with reckless abandon) then you ought to try something like a champion or minstrel. If you want to play like your creep counterpart (which is a complete myth, creep classes are not supposed to be mirrors of similar freeps classes), then here's a fantastic notion: Play a creep.

    You don't get to have everything you want all bottled up inside of one class. "I want to have defiler heals on my reaver, and a Blackarrows moving target, and a spider burrow. Don't tell me to play another class, just give me all those things and my class will be balanced!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    we dont ask to be mini's here..... we ask to be able to be viable. throw that "you are viable" rubbish again and i will be forced to repeat myself that post RoR we wont and we hardly have a foothold in the moors as we are.
    On the contrary, the changes that you, and many others are proposing is not a far cry from asking to become OP minstrels at all. You want to keep your fantastic dps and get a boatload of survivability while you're at it. Enough so that you can run around and "just fight" creeps whenever you happen to spot one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    4: guess what those "pro" hunters told me? they where going to go play "that other game" come RoR.
    and their only tip was: stealth, sit, wait, buff up, spam pen shot, hope target dies. most of them where swapping out faron set, buffing up with fleetness, and then switching back to moors set....
    Then you need better hunters. But if you don't want to believe that, try their strategy and see if it works for you. If it works, the how can you complain?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    sadly... most of your post is a blatant denial of facts.... and seeing the only people who say hunter is not broken are the people who benefit from our demise....
    I'm still waiting to see you explain just what facts I actually denied.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferthcott View Post
    [wall of incoherent text]
    When you can actually construct a decent and legible argument, please come and debate me.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Andared View Post
    You want to keep your fantastic dps and get a boatload of survivability while you're at it. Enough so that you can run around and "just fight" creeps whenever you happen to spot one.
    The whole post was kinda ridiculous, but this piece of text was just fantastic.

    Trololololo....

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Andared View Post
    When you can actually construct a decent and legible argument, please come and debate me.


    lul



    I actually was going to let your comments fade into obscurity, because I assumed you were done, but you're back!

    Your 'credentials', I wanted to point out, are all PvE on freepside. You have Trollshaws quest pack, congratulations! This makes you an authority on hunters in pvp how? You own more of this game then I do? Good for you, that applies to this conversation how?

    Really, there are a good number of people disagreeing with the OPs main point, which is fine, and important for a healthy discussion, but you're the only one who I keep smacking my head wondering why you continue to respond.

    Rank 7 reaver, I don't care what you think, you don't have a lot of moors experience. Which is fine, we all have been there, but you have much to learn young one. Lets assume you have 6 creeps at rank 7. That's still about a tenth of the total renown most of the posters here have.

    Now onto your comments. If you're any creep class getting hit by a dev 3k pen shot regularly... you do not have any audacity/mits. A crit from me (first age bow/good legacies/2.2k agility) hits around 1.7k, 2k dev. With crit protection though, I hit maybe 2 pen crits if I'm lucky in any given fight (thats at 18% base crit). That's including with the improved focus buff (Which is a hunter skill, I'm assuming you didn't know that).

    Starting a fight at 30m from a r8+ reaver I can get him to about 3/5 health before he gets to me, give or take depending on lucky crits. After that, with no kiting, its really a matter of how well I can mouseturn and how quick I hit my skills. Knowing myself, against an average r8+ reaver, starting at 30m I give myself a 70% chance to win that fight. Against a good r8+ reaver, 40%.

    Now, that's all my pre-fight focus/fleet/needful haste/prayer ritual. If I get hit by a reaver with 6-7 seconds left on sprint, my chances of winning that fight (no running to npcs) is about 20%.

    That's a lot of numbers and guesstimating, of course it depends on the skill of the creep too, which varies immensely (and I'm probably in my scenario giving creeps the benefit of the doubt when it comes to skill). The longwinded point is that in the best case scenario I'm still fighting a reaver, unable to kite, who's at at least half morale (which comes to about 7k! What a coincidence, that's my morale!) and in my face.

    And this brings my back to my original intention my friend. You need to work on your reaver, unless you're just trolling us, in which case, I am not worthy.



    I actually perform well against defilers/war leaders. With defilers, its just about burst dps, I don't even bother with the flies. Save dazing blow/blindside for when they try their big heals, save a power pot, and I usually can kill him. Same deal with WLs. Oh, I also run around like a maniac breaking LOS, so theres that.

    Really, wargs give me the most trouble. They have close to hunter single target dps (I know, get off my back, I said close) with about twice the toughness, plus two &&&& skills. Hunter's have the range, true, but stealth negates that in a 1v1 situation.



    The problem is that minis/wardens/etc become op, so creeps get boosted to combat them, but no &&&&&&& changes because we already do what we are designed to do, pew pew pew. Turbine gives few to no s---- about PvP, as long as we keep buying r13 skillz.

    As to your personal attack on Ferthcott, my friend, it was unwarranted. He's a good man, and a good hunter. I know your brain gets tired after reading complicated things sometimes, but that's on you, not him.

    Anyway, I'm done rambling. Freaver (I forgot your name), I look forward to your long, tireless response to each and every paragraph I designed to differentiate. For fun, put them in alphabetical order.

    To the rest of you,
    <3 Jess

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessy82 View Post
    Facts
    Well said. <3

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessy82 View Post
    The problem is that minis/wardens/etc become op, so creeps get boosted to combat them, but no &&&&&&& changes because we already do what we are designed to do, pew pew pew. Turbine gives few to no s---- about PvP, as long as we keep buying r13 skillz.
    Thats exactly what I've said. Most of the hunters know what is be the breakfast so we're ok with the new creep changes. But we're not okay with our class being in the same place waiting for another update after RoR. And we're not asking for op skills, we're asking for survivability and some love; who can deny that some creep skills seems designed to screw us?.

    Yeah yeah, we don't know nothing about our new skills, but after Split shot / Hunter's art, and the recent IDF we're fearing the worst result for this update.

    And btw, Andared, maybe I don't like some creep changes, but I don't have the need to go there and discuss with the creeps. Hey, I have creeps, but I'm 90% freep and I know I can't be fair. No one can. It would be great if you let us discuss this, because, after all, this is the Hunter forum, not the pvmp / reavers / creeps vs freeps forum.

  10. #160
    (Actually, nevermind, pointless talking to the wall is pointless)
    Last edited by Ferthcott; Jul 30 2012 at 05:15 AM.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessy82 View Post
    lul

    Rank 7 reaver, I don't care what you think, you don't have a lot of moors experience. Which is fine, we all have been there, but you have much to learn young one. Lets assume you have 6 creeps at rank 7. That's still about a tenth of the total renown most of the posters here have.
    And you're what? rank 10, pff, rank doesnt mean anything, its just time invested, for all you know this rank 7 reaver could put you into the ground before you could say "but, but, but, im r10 that makes me awesome " rank seems to make hunters arrogant so let me tell you one thing, I can put any hunter into the ground no matter what rank cause rank doesnt equal skill. and yes without the use of Moving Target
    Last edited by Witch0King; Jul 30 2012 at 07:10 AM.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sulking in the Corner...
    Posts
    1,369
    Yawn. *Dribble Dribble*. Yawn.

    Oh! Darn! I've run out of popcorn! Anyone care to share?


    You can so easily solve this issue and go Premium:
    • Gives no money to Turbine since they did nothing to fix it.
    • You can spend the money on things that actually provide enjoyment rather than stress.
    • Your Hunter will be banned from the Moors, which is just as good = less dinner for creeps.
    • You will still have access to the creep side (Which is more fun than you might think)
    • You can still peek around every corner of the forums and post things that will never be seen by a Developer.


    Everyone wins.

    /Signout of Thread

  13. #163

    Cool

    I have been playing a hunter for four years, since 2006. In that time there has been nothing but nerfs to the hunter. Any new skills we have been begrudgingly given by the developers have been nothing but fluff and appeasement for the easily appeased pve players.

    I could list a whole page of grievances of the nerfs we hunters have endured at the behest of constant creep QQ. I could also list in two or three sentences the upgrades to the hunters that are effective in PVE, but not PVMP. That list would do no good and mirror a lot of what has already been posted. I didn't bother reading all five pages of posts. I don't have that much patience anymore.

    One thing is for sure, the survivability of the hunter in the Moors is poor to zilch when running solo. The only way for a hunter to survive is to be in a group, Pew pew from the top of a keep, or have a pocket healer. I have not successfully been able to 1v1 a warg since update 6. Most of the wargs I have fought, mostly in surprise 1v1s, use their flayer stance or sprint away to avoid dying. I can still hold my own against Reavers until they get to the higher ranks. BAs just pop MT and use their skirmishers stance (must be nice to have IW buttons). WL; heal hit scream heal hit scream heal hit scream heal hit...call wargs to kill the hunter. Defilers, heal throw s**t heal spam flies heal throw s**t heal spam flies run and call creeps to kill the hunter. Must be nice to be able to buy rank 6 skills at rank 0 with TP and be able to equip them without earning anything.

    I admit there was a time when the creeps were in dire need of help. I guess if you look at it from the perspective of a heavy armored class, or true op class, the creeps do need help. When it comes to the perspective of the hunters, the creeps don't really need that much help.

    I agree that the day of the hunter is gone. Unless there is major upgrades, to the hunter class, there will be few hunters playing in the Moors. The biggest reason will be that it is no longer fun to play a class that is easily killed in a few seconds. If its not fun any more then I won't be playing my hunter in the Moors...

    We will see what RoR has in store for the hunter. But, I have little faith that we will get anything except perhaps the useless group DF skill. Just more BS from the ever absent Developer/s. At this point in time, I have little if no respect for the Developer in charge of the hunter class. As far as I am concerned he/she is either a creep player and has a real dislike for the hunter, is a pathetic schmuck of a code monkey, etc, just there to draw a paycheck,or all of the above...

    You also have to understand that the creep class is making a lot of money for Turbine/WB and are the fair hair child of said corporations. As long as there are creeps willing to "Pay to Win" then the freeps will get little help. After all, Turbine doesn't want to hurt its bottom line...

    Somewhere, or some when along the line, the developers forgot that we are consumers and deserve a little respect...

    This is just my experience and opinions; If you don't like it, I don't care...

  14. #164
    There are three corrections to the hunter that would rapidly help his class. 1st, give us back our insta-escape in the moors, 2nd give us back track from mounts, 3rd remove the stupid glowee, on heartseeked...

    If i only got that with the upcoming patch i would be happy....No thoughts on BA they are beyond hunters...

    just my two coppers, but note that 2 of my three requests are give us back what we already have....

  15. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Felamid View Post
    There are three corrections to the hunter that would rapidly help his class. 1st, give us back our insta-escape in the moors, 2nd give us back track from mounts, 3rd remove the stupid glowee, on heartseeked...

    If i only got that with the upcoming patch i would be happy....No thoughts on BA they are beyond hunters...

    just my two coppers, but note that 2 of my three requests are give us back what we already have....
    Oh they would help - just not sure if such help can give us something new and fun to work with

    1st is pure escape skill - but dying - regardless of the context - is nothing awful, DF is just the same "go to Rez circle"; 0 renown
    2nd is 50% escape skill (see above) and 50% greenie abuse - 0 or meh renown
    3rd has some value, but mostly for camoganking, so... not my cup of tea - some renown, at least before you grow roots and upgrade to Huorn
    Last edited by Ferthcott; Jul 30 2012 at 09:36 AM.

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Felamid View Post
    There are three corrections to the hunter that would rapidly help his class. 1st, give us back our insta-escape in the moors, 2nd give us back track from mounts, 3rd remove the stupid glowee, on heartseeked...

    If i only got that with the upcoming patch i would be happy....No thoughts on BA they are beyond hunters...

    just my two coppers, but note that 2 of my three requests are give us back what we already have....



















    Its not...

    Enough


    DF active in moors as it is wont help all that much (just inf denial to use when a creep pulls an I WIN skill... could encourage creeps to not use the I WIN against hunters but i doubt it will help all that much)


    track from mounts: something that could be tacked onto a bigger change. useful, but not a game changer

    remove HS crosshairs: again, a small change that will help hunters but its not a game changer


    none of these changes will change our situation in the moors dramaticly... we will still be food.





    just a response to the freaver who garbled earlier.... im asking for dps on the move and i SPECIFICLY mentioned that a reduction in range or DPS could be accompanied with it.... read posts better.

    Last edited by Lendas; Jul 30 2012 at 10:15 AM.

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Daliane View Post
    The whole post was kinda ridiculous, but this piece of text was just fantastic.

    Trololololo....
    Glad you think so. I almost burst out laughing when I saw the ridiculous demands that you guys are asking for as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessy82 View Post
    Your 'credentials', I wanted to point out, are all PvE on freepside. You have Trollshaws quest pack, congratulations! This makes you an authority on hunters in pvp how?
    Doesn't apply to the conversation at hand, and is extremely non sequitur. But just to humor you, the majority of my credentials which apply to Hunters have been gained through plenty of Moors experience, a good deal of studying the actual class, and applying that in the PvE realm. The only thing I lack to be completely sure of the validity through 1st hand experience is being able to apply my methods in PvMP. However, since I have seen hunters succeed on my server, I know that even mediocre hunters such as yourself can also succeed, if you are willing to put in the time to collect the right gear.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessy82 View Post
    You own more of this game then I do? Good for you, that applies to this conversation how?
    You attempted to disregard and discredit my opinion by claiming I'm just some Freaver who has no real experience. I swiftly smacked down that conjecture and now you want to act as if it has nothing to do with the conversation anyway, since you haven't got a reply.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessy82 View Post
    Rank 7 reaver, I don't care what you think, you don't have a lot of moors experience. Which is fine, we all have been there, but you have much to learn young one. Lets assume you have 6 creeps at rank 7. That's still about a tenth of the total renown most of the posters here have.
    Because I'm rank 7 you assume my opinion and points are irrelevant. Allow me to point out the problems with that.

    1. You are not on my server, and have no idea about my skill level. For all you know I could pound you into the ground (and if you're only able to hit for 2k with a devastate on a Pen shot, then I'm fairly certain I can).

    2. Rank is only indicative of perseverance, not experience, knowledge, or skill.

    3. It is massively arrogant, prejudiced, and foolish to assume you know more about PvP than someone whom you have never even fought.

    4. I play on a smaller server than you, which means that it will naturally take longer to rank because the fights are not as consistent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessy82 View Post
    Now onto your comments. If you're any creep class getting hit by a dev 3k pen shot regularly... you do not have any audacity/mits. A crit from me (first age bow/good legacies/2.2k agility) hits around 1.7k, 2k dev. With crit protection though, I hit maybe 2 pen crits if I'm lucky in any given fight (thats at 18% base crit). That's including with the improved focus buff (Which is a hunter skill, I'm assuming you didn't know that).
    No creep in their right mind traits crit protection (shows how much you know about creepside), and you are massively undergeared if you can't hit for 3k on a full audacity creep with a dev/crit penshot or bloodarrow. Even the mediocre hunters on my server can do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessy82 View Post
    Starting a fight at 30m from a r8+ reaver I can get him to about 3/5 health before he gets to me, give or take depending on lucky crits. After that, with no kiting, its really a matter of how well I can mouseturn and how quick I hit my skills. Knowing myself, against an average r8+ reaver, starting at 30m I give myself a 70% chance to win that fight. Against a good r8+ reaver, 40%.
    Without a charge you ought to be getting him lower than 8k (about 3/5 of what the average reaver's morale is), but all things considered that's pretty good. If that reaver is just now in melee range of you then it should be easy for you to kill him, but even if you played sloppily the outcome should have been decided by that point. If things did happen to get close you could always hit Intent Concentration (I'm assuming you know what that is) then finish the reaver off with Penshot/Blood arrow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessy82 View Post
    That's a lot of numbers and guesstimating, of course it depends on the skill of the creep too, which varies immensely (and I'm probably in my scenario giving creeps the benefit of the doubt when it comes to skill). The longwinded point is that in the best case scenario I'm still fighting a reaver, unable to kite, who's at at least half morale (which comes to about 7k! What a coincidence, that's my morale!) and in my face.
    If the reaver is already at your morale by the time the fight starts then it should be a shoe-in for you. Everyone knows freeps have higher dps, and to make up for this creeps get more morale (although the disparity in morale is slowly declining and the dps is far to heavy on freepside). If, as a hunter, with the best single target dps in the game, you are unable to beat a reaver who has the same (or close to the same) amount of morale as you, then you are simply doing it wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessy82 View Post
    And this brings my back to my original intention my friend. You need to work on your reaver, unless you're just trolling us, in which case, I am not worthy.
    How did any of your examples apply to me and indicate that I was the one who needed some "work"?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jessy82 View Post
    I actually perform well against defilers/war leaders. With defilers, its just about burst dps, I don't even bother with the flies. Save dazing blow/blindside for when they try their big heals, save a power pot, and I usually can kill him. Same deal with WLs. Oh, I also run around like a maniac breaking LOS, so theres that.
    More proof for why hunters aren't in such a bad position as people are claiming in this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessy82 View Post
    Really, wargs give me the most trouble. They have close to hunter single target dps (I know, get off my back, I said close) with about twice the toughness, plus two &&&& skills. Hunter's have the range, true, but stealth negates that in a 1v1 situation.
    Every class has it's bane, and you seem to be using reasoning and logic now, so perhaps we are getting somewhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessy82 View Post
    The problem is that minis/wardens/etc become op, so creeps get boosted to combat them, but no &&&&&&& changes because we already do what we are designed to do, pew pew pew. Turbine gives few to no s---- about PvP, as long as we keep buying r13 skillz.
    I'd say that you're correct on this matter, so far. Atm we haven't really been boosted to deal with minnies coming with RoR. However, we have not yet seen the dev diaries for any of the classes yet, and creep revisions could also be changed. I do hope hunters get a stance where they gain more survivability at the loss of some dps, because I do think they should have an option to be something aside from a massive dps'er (personally I still believe there's a soloing option for yellow traited hunters). But the class mechanics need to stay similar, because having hunters running around everywhere "just fighting" any creep that passes by is not ideal, as I'm sure you can understand.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessy82 View Post
    Anyway, I'm done rambling. Freaver (I forgot your name), I look forward to your long, tireless response to each and every paragraph I designed to differentiate. For fun, put them in alphabetical order.
    I hope I have not disappointed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Daliane View Post
    Thats exactly what I've said. Most of the hunters know what is be the breakfast so we're ok with the new creep changes. But we're not okay with our class being in the same place waiting for another update after RoR. And we're not asking for op skills, we're asking for survivability and some love; who can deny that some creep skills seems designed to screw us?.
    I could say the same thing about some freep skills...but that's not important. At the moment you have not yet seen the revisions in store for your class come RoR, so don't go jumping off the boat just yet. If the diary comes out and nothing has changed, then perhaps you might have a legitimate argument, but it's silly to insist you're already doomed come RoR.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daliane View Post
    And btw, Andared, maybe I don't like some creep changes, but I don't have the need to go there and discuss with the creeps. Hey, I have creeps, but I'm 90% freep and I know I can't be fair. No one can. It would be great if you let us discuss this, because, after all, this is the Hunter forum, not the pvmp / reavers / creeps vs freeps forum.
    This isn't a creep vs freep argument that I'm posing, it's not a reaver vs hunter argument, it's me giving a wake-up call to all the hunters that are wallowing in their tears. Yes you have gotten the short end of the stick in comparison to the other freep classes, but you are not dead yet, you are still viable, and you don't even know what changes are coming to your class in RoR.
    Creeps have finally gotten the boosts they've desperately needed since RoI. It seems likely that Lotro is going to appease the Hunter crowd as well with some new toys. But the last thing I want to happen is the devs to read these forums, see the mass amount of tears from hunters that would flood the Hoardale, and buff them into godmoding Minstrels and Wardens.
    Last edited by Andared; Jul 30 2012 at 10:22 AM.

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Andared View Post
    {leaning tower of text}
    sorry but, as i stated before, you have to play a hunter in the moors to have full cred when it comes to commenting on hunter.

    yes credentials DO matter... and since you are a FTP freaver who does not have a hunter in the moors, your feedback is only counted as just that... of a R7 freaver.... nothing more. you are naturally biased and so your comments are regarded as such



    your denial of some fundemental facts of hunter and hyperbole about how awesome hunter DPS is laughable...

    considering you are a freaver, you'r lacking some trait slots, so you may be getting hit for more and getting pounded harder, then taking it as a fact that every creep is experiencing this...


    if hunters fought FTP people all the time... we would not be complaining...





    hunters may be viable VS YOU but not VS VIP med and high ranking creeps.


    WAIT WAIT... IT GETS BETTER!

    Quote Originally Posted by Andared View Post


    No creep in their right mind traits crit protection


    oh man the pro has just come out in you! thats right.... you heard it.... its here... NO CREEP TRAITS CRIT PROTECT..... yea cuase creeps dont have probelms with crits....


    oh momma this deserves a GIF!




    this logic fails as so so so many levels.... for one... if i am having problems with freeps hitting me for 3k on cirts... its obvious that crit protect it the best thing to counter a crit problem....

    all your credebility just evaporated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andared View Post

    and you are massively undergeared if you can't hit for 3k on a full audacity creep with a dev/crit penshot or bloodarrow. Even the mediocre hunters on my server can do that.

    so i hear your FTP... show me a screenie of a hunter hitting you for 3k on pen shot. i understand you dont have much if any corruptions or traits... but lets see if a hunter can really crit 3k normal crit on a r7 freaver with (assumingly) full audacity... i hope you can pull one out with a hunter that is not using red line with imp burn hot...
    Last edited by Lendas; Jul 30 2012 at 10:44 AM.

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Castle Wars
    Posts
    476
    Ooh just saw this thread, was thinking hunters were always the bad class to roll. Heck, back in the day I even got sympathy in a spar because I was a Hunter

    Anyways, just thought I'd throw in steadfast barrage/screaming shafts > swift bow.

    swift bow's third arrow deals less damage. SB/that SS deals all the same damage. oh ./sigh, still love swift bow but SB...

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,697
    Quote Originally Posted by myforumacc2 View Post
    Ooh just saw this thread, was thinking hunters were always the bad class to roll. Heck, back in the day I even got sympathy in a spar because I was a Hunter

    Anyways, just thought I'd throw in steadfast barrage/screaming shafts > swift bow.

    swift bow's third arrow deals less damage. SB/that SS deals all the same damage. oh ./sigh, still love swift bow but SB...
    hahahahahahhahhhhahahah sorry, cant help it hhahahahahahhahahahahah screaming shaft is quite useless. Steadful barrage? lol just breath on the BA using it and the whole thing is interupted

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Castle Wars
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    stop being a BA and roll a hunter!!! Atleast know what's going on, sheesh
    And hunter is... not??? same concept, different damage going on


    Also VT > HS, in so many ways!
    Last edited by myforumacc2; Jul 30 2012 at 12:07 PM.

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,697
    Quote Originally Posted by myforumacc2 View Post
    And hunter is... not??? same concept, different damage going on


    Also VT > HS, in so many ways! Forgot that too
    what cause of the dot? Ive never seen Vital target hit for 5k+ though I once saw a hunter HS for 21k
    Last edited by Witch0King; Jul 30 2012 at 12:10 PM.

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    what cause of the dot? Ive never seen Vital target hit for 5k+ though I once saw a hunter HS for 21k
    there is a reason for this.... not least of which is that BA survival is >>>>> hunter survival (dont make a fool of yourself and say is is'nt)

    VT has a lower induction time and additionally has a bleed. the overall damage from both hit and bleed is considerable when compared to your avrage freep (especially hunter) morale.
    HS does more damage, but has less untility than VT due to how unwieldy it is (long induction, yellow warning sign) its only use is as an opener or as the only skill that can hit a BA while it has MT up



    i would take VT over our fail BIG YELLOW CROSSHAIR long induction HS anyday...



    as for screaming shafts... its not particularly exceptional in any way (does same base shadow damage for all 3 hits) and somehow manages to miss on one of the shots often (least thats what happens to my BA)

    screaming shafts i would say is less than or perhaps equal to the power of swift bow (untraited) and less than if traited.



    steadfast barrage (especially post RoR vesion) essentially puts guards and burgs to shame with its ability to completly ignore their survival skills
    so it is a powerful tool combined with the other BA tools. (i would love to have some dumbed down vesion of this to counter BA MT)


    so a hunter crit an NPC somewhere for 21k? nice. musta had a whole lotta raid buffs and target debuffs.

    and how often does that happen?


    quit trolling.
    Last edited by Lendas; Jul 30 2012 at 01:12 PM.

  24. #174
    It is amazing that when the freeps ask for the developers for a little help on our class, the creeps start trolling and call it QQ. On the other hand, the creeps QQ about their classes and it is simply acceptable for them to do so. I am beginning to believe that creeps enjoy the oh so eternal victim skins that they feel so comfortable in and are a little bit afraid of losing their victim status. I predict that even after RoR, and the creeps get their upgrades, they will continue to QQ about freeps being too OP...

    While this is about legitimate complaints that hunters have had for some time, it has turned into another uber l33t creep trolling game...

    Personally, I am thru caring about how the creeps think or feel when it comes to the Moors and freep classes.

    The hunters should not have to keep holding their breath and waiting for some changes that actually help our class, and are not aimed at appeasement. So far the developers diary does not show any useful changes to the hunter class while at the same time it shows that the creeps once again are favored. We have been waiting for years for replacement of nerfed skills, and passive traits, and all we get from the developers are useless skills that leave us scratching our heads in amazement...

    If you creeps don't know the history behind the hunter and the lack of positive change then I suggest you do some research; your ignorance is appalling!

  25. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagnaf View Post
    It is amazing that when the freeps ask for the developers for a little help on our class, the creeps start trolling and call it QQ. On the other hand, the creeps QQ about their classes and it is simply acceptable for them to do so. I am beginning to believe that creeps enjoy the oh so eternal victim skins that they feel so comfortable in and are a little bit afraid of losing their victim status. I predict that even after RoR, and the creeps get their upgrades, they will continue to QQ about freeps being too OP...

    While this is about legitimate complaints that hunters have had for some time, it has turned into another uber l33t creep trolling game...

    Personally, I am thru caring about how the creeps think or feel when it comes to the Moors and freep classes.

    The hunters should not have to keep holding their breath and waiting for some changes that actually help our class, and are not aimed at appeasement. So far the developers diary does not show any useful changes to the hunter class while at the same time it shows that the creeps once again are favored. We have been waiting for years for replacement of nerfed skills, and passive traits, and all we get from the developers are useless skills that leave us scratching our heads in amazement...

    If you creeps don't know the history behind the hunter and the lack of positive change then I suggest you do some research; your ignorance is appalling!
    +rep. Finally someone with a brain enters the room.

 

 
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload