We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 579
  1. #51
    Well, in comparison to the stuff you mentioned changes below are definitely not bad

    By Jonathan “RockX” Steady

    Burglar’s Antidote will remove all Poison effects.

    Mischief 3-set bonus reduces the cooldown of Cure Poison and Burglar’s Antidote to 40 seconds.
    Mischief 4-set bonus reduces the cooldown of Cure Poison and Burglar’s Antidote to 20 seconds.
    Mischief 5-set bonus allows Cure Poison and Burglar’s Antidote to affect the entire Fellowship.
    Still CD and inductions - and I wouldn't say Mischief was popular, Precision-popular. But something tells me you are wrong, Lendas. In this example - general hunter population outnumbers burglars by far but - apparently - sucks at poison removal. What was that claim that is often floating around? "We just need dps... dps means we are fine". I guess Turbine saw this mindset between some "skill traiting/using" numbers and is simply complying. Or this new cluster is going to be nastier than Helegrod: Spider and this is simply proper adjustment

    Pew, pew, pew, pew... ... ... ... pew pew... ... ... ... ... ...... ... ... ... ... ... ... pew ... ... ... ... DF.
    Hunter development & class mechanics long - term goals, Harad Expansion.

    Works for dev activity too ^^
    Last edited by Ferthcott; Jul 26 2012 at 01:44 PM.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    STOLEN!
    HUNTERS AOE POISON CURE!


    Once again! Something of Hunters has been STOLEN!

    BURG DEV DIARY:
    Trait and Trait Line Modifications
    •Mischief 3-set bonus reduces the cooldown of Cure Poison and Burglar’s Antidote to 40 seconds.
    •Mischief 4-set bonus reduces the cooldown of Cure Poison and Burglar’s Antidote to 20 seconds.
    •Mischief 5-set bonus allows Cure Poison and Burglar’s Antidote to affect the entire Fellowship.


    burg dev LOLing at you in the lower right corner ^^^
    soooooo... whats left? what can hunters do that no one else can?

    ( someone beat me to the punch with burg antidote post :P )


    everything posted here is in RESPECT of the devs and is used as humor. no offense to the developers is intended
    Last edited by Lendas; Jul 26 2012 at 02:09 PM.

  3. #53
    I have a solution - every new character you create starts as a hunter, then, after 20 levels, you choose your real path XD

  4. #54
    Saw a r7 WL today.
    Killed him before he could reach me. Pew pew :/

    Enjoying my broken class.
    /sarcasm
    Last edited by Leonide; Jul 26 2012 at 03:44 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0421500000004a797/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  5. #55
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sulking in the Corner...
    Posts
    1,369
    Also noticed with the Burg Dev Diary that they only get three improved skills (No new skills that can be useful for the Moors).

    That does not look good for our diary, because we know two of our skills:
    • Improved DF (Yay..)
    • Travel Skill


    So, one more skill left which has to be improved from a current skill. What could possibly be changed which would fix the Hunters? You know what, I reckon the 3rd skill is a second port that carries a raid instead of just a fellowship - oops, wait, I bet that will now be in the Warden update notes.
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by zalladi View Post

    That does not look good for our diary, because we know two of our skills:
    • Improved DF (Yay..)
    • Travel Skill
    .
    The travel skill will most likely be a rep reward, not one of the three skills.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002ea3ec/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    It can often be way more than 30% damage in a fight. The advantages of Improved Fleetness with Faron buff makes you a kiting machine gun for a few seconds rather than standing still while firing 2-3 PS.

    It highly depends on getting the right moment, but in best case you got Imp Fleetness active, 9 Focus and the ability to toggle Imp Focus for the 6s buff. In this case, the 9 Focus will allow you to fire off 4 PS. By the time you have fired off 4 PS, you will most likely have received the focus from Precision Stance or Imp Focus to fire off yet another PS.
    Lastly, with all the crits you get you'll most likely be able to fire off 6 or even 7 PS in rapid succession, that's often enough to kill a creep.´

    The potential of the Faron set is just miles better than any of the PvMP sets and the -30% damage rarely makes much difference, either you're alive or you're dead. Even if the PvMP set would allow you to survive a fight, you'll be standing with low morale and no real way of healing except DF'ing to GY.
    No I cannot agree with this. Firstly this relies so much on being in stealth when you start combat, or to get the creep into combat before he can pop slow immunity. Otherwise you will not be able to kite anything. Fights usually start with two visible opponents or being jumped by wargs.

    Now I never used the faron set in the moors, but you are not dealing 30% more dmg in a 1vs1 encounter, than when traited red. First of all you can not rely on Cool Burn which will add a flat percentage to your dmg. Then in red you will be able to fire off at least three (rather four) PS in a row. Using Intent Concentration will grant another three and a focus pot at least another two. That will be 9 successive PS, with using CDs of course. Admittedly you will probably get 9 as well or 10 or even eleven from Faron, but does it really cut the 30% incoming damage? I doubt it. Of course you are relying on one skill only and missing out the points from high hitting inductions like Swift Bow.

    Now kiting is a real issue with a hunter. It jsut does not work that well with many creep classes. Reavers usually get their charge off, have a powerful slow, higher melee range (3.5m-5m), and great anti-cc capabilities. Wargs have their Sprint and hips as well as CC to keep us at melee range. BAs are obviously ranged. And all of them can use a lot of dots that are ticking hard while we try to kite them. So you basically need to stay out of their range at all times to keep that distance advantage. And of course, as said, when they got the time, they'll have slow immunity anyway.

    I reckon that you just cannot use a PvE set to your advantage in a PvP environment anymore. The buffs are not sufficient. Of course you are right when saying that the PvP set does not come close to any PvE set, since the set bonuses are just ridiculously bad. That is why everybody is wearing 2/2/2. Turbine Devs just failed to look into the hunter and satisfy their needs. The PvE set bonuses should just be mirrored for PvP. That would make three useful sets instead of none.

    Quote Originally Posted by Leonide View Post
    Saw a r7 WL today.
    Killed him before he could reach me. Pew pew :/

    Enjoying my broken class.
    /sarcasm
    This still does happen. No doubt. Do I want to do a high five with myself whenever this happens? No. I tend to compare myself to R13 creeps and not some poor &&&&&&& that just started PvPing for fun on a creep and finds himself in hell. Turbine did this to them and gave everything to high rank creeps and people that want to spend on the shop. When this happens I did not win against them, but Turbine did.
    Last edited by VincentVanPort; Jul 26 2012 at 08:28 PM.
    Vincent van Port "Held der fliegenden Feder" R13 before 2013!
    Collector of superb posts.

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/27218000000000e32/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  8. #58
    Saw a r5 ba in open field. He opened with slow-shot + mt.

    He killed my r12 hunter before mt was down ...

    Enjoying my broken class ...
    A 9k mt-ed with 75% evade + built -in evade - finesse is roughly a 40k ba, my hunter is 7k, and hunter does not deals 6 more DPS than ba ... even if that ba is audacity 1 ... Thats basic math.

    Could be worse anyway, there was a time vt was critting for 4k and put a 2k dot ... game over, run away to heal and pray no sneaking warg is here to claim the kill.

    Next time I dfd if i see one i cannot ambush. &&&& play sneak and go for easy target when soloing or die. In larger fight always be sure any creep that want to target you will have to pass through a bunch of freep. If creeps are organized, no matter what you do, you will die.
    Last edited by trap16; Jul 26 2012 at 10:07 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000009dabb/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

    Mazaukal scored a hit with a weak swipe attack on Mellinareth for 11,052,676 Common damage to Morale. Weak ? duh

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Martigan View Post
    No he pots the trap and sprints off or unless you are out in the open and incredibly good at kiting and have store-brand in your ammo, he kicks the s**t out of you. The days when hunters could camo and 1 or 2 shot are long gone. Yes you can get some big pew pew off in faron from stealth but you better d*mn know how to play to finish it off. I'ts possible I have done it bu please dont make out its easy.
    It seems your tears have blinded you to reality. Reavers don't have an in-combat sprint, and if the hunter is in strength stance he can easily put a 40% slow on him. Yes, it's pottable, but by the time it was potted he'd be able to get off a distracting shot or root, giving him time to get off another 40% slow, with the pot on cooldown. Unless that Reaver brands or the hunter is massively incompetent, that Reaver should never even get in range of the hunter before he's dead. Imp. Focus + Stealthed Swift Bow+ Pen shot+ pen shot /blood arrow+ pen shot = win

    Throw in the slow from a quick shot and start LOLing over his corpse.


    As for the OPs original post. This is completely ludicrous. BAs got some nice toys, I don't deny it, and hunters could maybe use a little love in the survivability aspect (mind you, they'd need a severe sacrifice to their dps to use any survival skill, because it is off the charts atm), but they have by far the highest burst dps of any class in this game, bar none. Lowbie creeps will get slaughtered by any hunter who knows what he's doing, and even the higher ranks take heavy beatings.

    To declare the hunter as being "dead" is completely ridiculous. I can only hope you were being facetious when declaring that Hunters were even doomed in raids, because that is a far cry from the truth. A hunter grouped with a healer or guardian can easily dominate the renown gain pool. Hunters are, in my opinion, the most balanced class in the game. No they don't have any escape skills, but if a hunter prepares properly he shouldn't need them the majority of the time. Two hunters on my server have around 7k morale unbuffed and they hit the hardest of them all. And let me tell you, pouncing a 7k hunter in the middle of a raid is not something even a high-ranked warg is going to look at as promising.

    If I were VIP the one and only class I would be truly interested in taking into the moors would be the hunter, because of the dynamics of the class and the playstyles it grants.

    Get a grip on reality and realize that hunters are still a great class and one that is most certainly viable to the Ettenmoors.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000e1dea/signature.png]Andrag[/charsig]

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Andared View Post
    If I were VIP the one and only class I would be truly interested in taking into the moors would be the hunter, because of the dynamics of the class and the playstyles it grants.
    And now we know how much you know about this.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000020168e/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  11. #61
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sulking in the Corner...
    Posts
    1,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Andared View Post
    Get a grip on reality and realize that hunters are still a great class and one that is most certainly viable to the Ettenmoors.
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Andared View Post

    Throw in the slow from a quick shot and start LOLing over his corpse.



    Reaver hits resilience, now immune to slows, throws blade toss 40% slow, pots the disarm,





    who's LOLing now?


    Last edited by Lendas; Jul 27 2012 at 11:04 AM.

  13. #63

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    Reaver hits resilience, now immune to slows, throws blade toss 40% slow, pots the disarm,
    If any reaver has half a brain this ^ is what they'll do. And they'll get in melee range and start tearing at the hunter... once again, if you're not geared like a boss, you are dead in melee.

    A reaver with a full brain would pot your initial slow and then throw resilience, cutting the distance with you very quickly. Later when you begin to kite/slow after resilience wears off, blade toss/disarm to finish you off.

    Reavers don't have an in combat sprint maybe because they don't NEED one in any shape or manner? Three words: L2P.

    As for killing a r7 WL before he reaches you Brejnev, congrats, you killed the most underpowered creep class in the game. Did you watch as an rk went to go gank him at the rez? He probably died 15m away from that one, with a 11k epic conclusion still ringing. But maybe it was just your big fat OP heart seeker crosshairs that gave him those last 15m for you.
    Last edited by Bond007; Jul 27 2012 at 01:02 PM.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    i would also just quickyl like to point out the problem with low cut.



    low cut is a melee AOE slow for 50%... problems are that

    1: delay in skill execution makes it unwelidy due to your target running though you, effectivly making it miss them since its a frontal AOE

    2: limited scope

    3: pottable / resisted

    4: slow pots... nuff said on that

    5: short duration makes it of little use since at best you will still be only 25% faster than your target (reaver) when you yourself have a slow on you in melee (always) for 10 seconds... not allowing much time to make room for yourself to make any induction

    6: the only melee classes that we can really use it against for greater effect can counter it with sprint or blade toss, so turning your back on the reaver will only result in you getting hit for 2X more dmg from blade toss + 40% slow fr 10sec , and wargs will only be 15% slower than you with low cut (they have 10% innante speed buff) and can sprint for every occasion.



    i would personally trade in my current low cut AOE for a single target (to avoid #1 problem listed above) non cureable 15 second 50% slow on a 30-60 second cooldown, removes slows, immune to slows for 5 sec.

    this would allow us to effectivly deal with an immidiate melee threat and gain some distance. this could be effective in groups when a creep is trying to get hits on you or an ally, and useful in solo to gain some distance from your foe.

    of course this will never happen. we'r dead in the moors come RoR
    Last edited by Lendas; Jul 27 2012 at 12:42 PM.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post



    Reaver hits resilience, now immune to slows, throws blade toss 40% slow, pots the disarm,


    Gotta be within 15m to use blade toss and that doesn't make him get to you any quicker, just keeps you from running. Even a mediocre hunter knows that his target is dead if he gets the jump on it from 30m or more. If you're having to kite a target that you get the jump on from 30 or more meters away, you're doing it wrong.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    who's LOLing now?
    Probably the blood arrows and Pen shots that just hit the poor creep for 2-3k a piece.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    i would also just quickyl like to point out the problem with low cut.



    low cut is a melee AOE slow for 50%... problems are that

    1: delay in skill execution makes it unwelidy due to your target running though you, effectivly making it miss them since its a frontal AOE
    If you're having trouble keeping your target in front of you, you have bigger problems than being unable to slow them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    2: limited scope
    Loled

    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    3: pottable / resisted
    Because that never happens to anyone else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    4: slow pots... nuff said on that
    Have to be used out of combat, and if you aren't initiating the fight, then you're probably dead as a hunter anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    5: short duration makes it of little use since at best you will still be only 25% faster than your target (reaver) when you yourself have a slow on you in melee (always) for 10 seconds... not allowing much time to make room for yourself to make any induction
    A 25% run speed advantage over your opponent is huge. Unless potted you have 10 seconds to get a sizeable distance away from your opponent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    6: the only melee classes that we can really use it against for greater effect can counter it with sprint or blade toss, so turning your back on the reaver will only result in you getting hit for 2X more dmg from blade toss, and wargs will only be 15% slower than you with low cut (they have 10% innante speed buff) and can sprint for every occasion.
    I don't think you quite understand Reaver mechanics. Blade toss does not do anywhere near double the damage if the target is hit from behind. To give you an example, the tooltip on my reaver for blade toss is 996 fire damage, unless it crits it averages about 900-1k damage if it hits a medium/light armour from behind. Otherwise it goes for about 600-750.
    Assuming you get jumped with no focus, the best shot at you getting away/fighting back is Intent Concentration+Fleetness+Dazing Blow/Low cut (or both) then move as far away as possible before the slow/daze is removed. If it's a reaver and he uses blade toss, that means he can't pot your slow. Or if he pots the slow first, then he's disarmed for 5s, giving you time to get off Press Onward if you're desperate, or a quick barrage of Swift Bow + Quick shot+ Pen shot (And if you're running strength stance then he'll have another 40% slow which he can no longer pot, and you're still running 10% faster thanks to Fleetness). With some lucky crits and good timing, you've got a fairly good shot at taking the reaver down.
    If it's a warg, then you use Cry of the Predator (Most wargs aren't toting around fear pots, and you probably would have died to the ones that do have them anyway) then whichever rotation the situation calls for. A good warg will probably take you down anyway, but you've got a shot. (No pun intended)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000e1dea/signature.png]Andrag[/charsig]

  16. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Andared View Post
    Even a mediocre hunter knows that his target is dead if he gets the jump on it from 30m or more.

    Even a half-stoned creep knows it is not too wise to attack LM after seeing he has finished "preparing" landscape around and other fun activities. Or a Runekeeper that is still at 100% morale and full dmg attunement, probably after melting a greenie. Or a Minstrel after.. oh, nvm. Some - though not all, with current state of creepside - examples available for freeps too.

    And yet you are trying to build entire bloated argument about "viability" of the class on the single assumption someone is stupid/blind enough to copy one of "strategies" above and run into arrows at all despite having other options. Oh, and blind enough to run into the same situation again. That's where the difference is: you can - and are supposed to - fix your mistakes. Feel free to fix some borked skills or that growing "dps-to-survivability" issue that is going to look even more hilarious with each expansion that carries a stat bump.

    I get it. It's so OP to critchain from camo and pray 9/10 other fights are still from camo so RNG can win the fight for a hunter. It's so OP to critchain from 40m against blind/confused/drunk creep who still can't figure out what to do *earlier*. It's so OP to hug NPCs praying no dual wargs are around because even entire EC won't help. And for Faron afficionados - even one warg might be enough if critchains work for wargs this time and An is too slow to react. It's awesome to have a class that offers two semi-reliable metagaming options, with small print (they mostly work against naive people who cannot learn or for the first fight out of many) and some niche for end-of-the-endgame geared 1% of hunters who found a way to deal with their server inhabitants and their local antics and are simply... exceptionally skilled. In other situations and other hunters are great creep chow, not just thanks to lack of skill or experience, but also thanks to the idea that they, apparently, should be "streamlined" into some limited, primitive and mostly repetitive functions.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sulking in the Corner...
    Posts
    1,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Andared View Post

    Or if he pots the slow first, then he's disarmed for 5s, giving you time to get off Press Onward

    Press Onward takes a lot longer to get off than you think. A 4s induction to heal, what, 2000 morale? Is that worth it when you have something hitting you? (Punching knocks it back when they are disarmed).

    Quote Originally Posted by Andared View Post
    if you're desperate, or a quick barrage of Swift Bow + Quick shot+ Pen shot (And if you're running strength stance then he'll have another 40% slow which he can no longer pot, and you're still running 10% faster thanks to Fleetness).

    No experienced Hunter goes Strength Stance. None.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andared View Post
    If it's a warg, then you use Cry of the Predator (Most wargs aren't toting around fear pots, and you probably would have died to the ones that do have them anyway) then whichever rotation the situation calls for.

    There is a lot more up for sale to give fear immunity than simply fear pots.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andared View Post
    Probably the blood arrows and Pen shots that just hit the poor creep for 2-3k a piece.
    Everyone over-exaggerates this. No solo hunter can hit Penetrating Shot for 2.5k unless the creep has the lowest audacity and is below rank 4. You say these high numbers because now a days the majority of hunters group up, and grouping up means buffs, and buffs mean more damage.

    You make some valid points, but with no experience as a hunter.
    We have no heals whatsoever. Unless we pay through the store. I can not stress that enough. Press Onward will 99% of the time be interrupted due to set back.
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by zalladi View Post


    No experienced Hunter goes Strength Stance. None.


    This (and the part about creeps exaggerating pen/blood damage.)

    I personally think barbed hinderance should be passive, or like the BA, where the trait just doubles the time it lasts.

    Also, I was about to respond to the freaver earlier, but I didn't... now I will.

    You're a rank 7, non-vip freaver, very limited experience in the moors. Sounds like you need some audacity/mits/skill. Even a gimpy hunter can kill a bad player, regardless of class.


    Also, press onward is a waste of 3 seconds, since you won't get it off in the fight against an opponent who knows what he's doing, and in that case you probably won't need it.

    As for low cut, I want my slow removal/immunity back. If the old moors set had audacity, I'd be in heaven. That in and of itself got me away from countless sticky situations, and was by far the most useful skill the hunter's had. Which is why turbine removed it, of course.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000003ada9/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Andared View Post

    If you're having trouble keeping your target in front of you, you have bigger problems than being unable to slow them.


    well there is a 1 second delay from when you hit low cut to when the hit effect takes place... now i now saying i cant hit at all with this skill, just that often when you have a reaver/warg doing that click-spam turn thing where they are going though you 2 times a second, its hard to get it off and have the creep be in front of you at the same time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andared View Post
    Or if he pots the slow first, then he's disarmed for 5s, giving you time to get off Press Onward
    im sorry.... but must i repeat myself? pot the disarm.... wound pot.... -.-
    btw gut punch can be used without wepons if i recall.

    im not even going to respond to the rest of your post as it does not pertain to the reality of hunter at all.

    i will say however, on the matter of hunter crits

    if a hunter hits your reaver for 2k (on a lucky dev crit from focus buff + burn hot ... assuming you have full audacity)

    you (on avrage with VIP traiting) have 13k-15k morale...

    that 2k is 1/6.5 to 1/7.5 of your entire morale.

    if a warg crits (normal cirt, shadow) for 1k with claws, that is 1/7 of the hunters morale
    (considering i got hit for 400-500 often by wargs... its like getting hit for 1k to your avrage creep)

    if a RVR crits for 2k dev strike (has been calculated at around 50% pre crit defence) that is 2/7 of the hunters morale...


    so in essence... some creeps dont to less damage than freeps( in conflict with the current preception that all creeps do less damage)... because in comparison to the morale of your opponent (in the case of hunter, a 2k crit to reaver will = a 1k crit to hunter) both sides do the same damage % wise

    i hit you for 400?

    you hit me for 200. same damage % wise

    i hit you for 300 quick shot?

    you hit me for 150 on one hit of 2 hits in ' quick strikes'



    DIFFRENCE?

    everyone else has MORE COMBAT CAPABILITY and BETTER SURVIVAL THAN HUNTER



    the thing to take away here?

    COUNT DAMAGE AS % OF OPPONENTS MORALE, NOT BIG NUMBERS THAT LOOK SCARY

    Last edited by Lendas; Jul 27 2012 at 03:16 PM.

  20. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by trap16 View Post
    Saw a r5 ba in open field. He opened with slow-shot + mt.
    MT off CD is a death setence for a hunter. No &&&&! Doesnt means hunters are borken, just that this particular skills, againt a particular class is OP.

    Otherwise, it's fairly easey as a hunter to get a lot of renown/KBs.

    Ok, you will die againt off CD MT and very decent wargs, sure. ANd sometimes you will get ganked, but thats a general reality of the moors.

    Thnink about it: camouflage+improved focus = death anything; and I dont see creeps QQ about it (they already have a big list of QQ to go trough...)

    On a side note, a r7 WL is not a squishy target. I've saw many of them kill hunters, because yes, there is bad hunters who get farmed. Not because of the class, but because they are very bad players.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0421500000004a797/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    891
    Quote Originally Posted by Andared View Post
    It seems your tears have blinded you to reality. Reavers don't have an in-combat sprint, and if the hunter is in strength stance he can easily put a 40% slow on him. Yes, it's pottable, but by the time it was potted he'd be able to get off a distracting shot or root, giving him time to get off another 40% slow, with the pot on cooldown. Unless that Reaver brands or the hunter is massively incompetent, that Reaver should never even get in range of the hunter before he's dead. Imp. Focus + Stealthed Swift Bow+ Pen shot+ pen shot /blood arrow+ pen shot = win
    As mentioned before and you ignored, what about Resiliance?

    Also, what about LOS? You said in another post that any creep thirty meters away is dead. I assume you mean non-ba. Okay, what if the creep goes the other way? Especially a reaver or warg, who break combat, use Charge or Stealth and are huh ohes no longer 30 meters away?

    Btw, no halfway decent hunter will use Strength Stance because you won't get the focus generation for those OP Pshots and Blood arrows to hit for 2 and 3 k lies.

    And you mentioned it but didn't address it... what if that reaver does brand, hmm?

    Let me ask you as a creep player. You've been running your mouth alot so I would assume you have the guts to answer the question: In regards to hunters, what are you so afraid of?

  22. #72
    First off, please fix your keyboard. Your caps lock seems to be brocken. Otherwise I have to assume you just like to scream to people that don't share your opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post


    DIFFRENCE?
    1. Usually a hunter starts the fight from stealth. That gives you an advantage because your opponent 1st needs to figure out where you are. Time = damage advantage for the hunter.

    2. Spam tracking hunters can counter the wargs advantage (stealth). Audacity r7 does not prevent loosing 40-60% of my 9.8k morale within 2-3s. If "disappear" is on CD I will hug the ground.

    3. You forget that the moors are a group/raid environment. >50% of all freeps out there are capable of healing other freeps. Meaning your adjusted morale pool could be much more than your 7k. (Running around with a WL or defiler would take away a key element of warg play: the surprise)

    4. A BAs MT does not help with tactical damage. Again, a fraid mainly consists of minis/RKs. That makes MT less effective in the overall point of view.

    5. I support the idea of giving the hunter a stance with more survivability, but only at the cost of reduced damage. And no stance-dancing please.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    891
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnipurake View Post
    1. Usually a hunter starts the fight from stealth. That gives you an advantage because your opponent 1st needs to figure out where you are. Time = damage advantage for the hunter.
    Untrue. Most fights are out of stealth or the hunter is tracked.

    2. Spam tracking hunters can counter the wargs advantage (stealth). Audacity r7 does not prevent loosing 40-60% of my 9.8k morale within 2-3s. If "disappear" is on CD I will hug the ground.
    There's no such thing as spam tracking. Its a 30 second CD compared to a wargs 15 second CD on stealth. Plus there's an 8 second delay from the point the warg is tracked to when the dot appears on the mini map. Also when a warg use the disappear skill on a hunter, the hunter remains in combat and cannot retrack until 8 seconds after that.


    3. You forget that the moors are a group/raid environment. >50% of all freeps out there are capable of healing other freeps. Meaning your adjusted morale pool could be much more than your 7k. (Running around with a WL or defiler would take away a key element of warg play: the surprise)
    The moors may be best suited to group play, and I believe that was its original intent, but it is open world PvP. All creeps are designed to have solo capability. Most freeps are as well, some to the extent they are OP (Wardens, Mini's Champs, some guards and burgs). Why not hunters for all but the top 1%?

    4. A BAs MT does not help with tactical damage. Again, a fraid mainly consists of minis/RKs. That makes MT less effective in the overall point of view.
    Hunters do not have tactical damage so it does not make MT less effective. That's a common bs creep argument. "hunters are fine because minstrels can kill me". Nope, try thinking about it from the other person's perspective.

    5. I support the idea of giving the hunter a stance with more survivability, but only at the cost of reduced damage. And no stance-dancing please.
    Why not? All other classes can stance dance.

  24. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorSpecs View Post
    Untrue. Most fights are out of stealth or the hunter is tracked.
    My experience is different. I see un-stealthed hunters starting to attack a creep usually only when standing on 2nd floor of a keep or exploiting bridge pillars or rocks.

    Quote Originally Posted by ColorSpecs View Post
    There's no such thing as spam tracking. Its a 30 second CD compared to a wargs 15 second CD on stealth. Plus there's an 8 second delay from the point the warg is tracked to when the dot appears on the mini map. Also when a warg use the disappear skill on a hunter, the hunter remains in combat and cannot retrack until 8 seconds after that.
    1. I consider a 30s CD as spam tracking. Usually there is more than 1 hunter. Meaning much more tracking. (I cannot commend on warg tracking. I do not own that skill.)

    2. Moors = group area, I often get tracked right after dissapearing. Not necessarily by the same hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by ColorSpecs View Post
    The moors may be best suited to group play, and I believe that was its original intent, but it is open world PvP. All creeps are designed to have solo capability. Most freeps are as well, some to the extent they are OP (Wardens, Mini's Champs, some guards and burgs). Why not hunters for all but the top 1%?
    So you want hunters to be OP as well? Was the easy mode time before the warg revamp not long enough to get high ranks?

    Quote Originally Posted by ColorSpecs View Post
    Hunters do not have tactical damage so it does not make MT less effective. That's a common bs creep argument. "hunters are fine because minstrels can kill me". Nope, try thinking about it from the other person's perspective.
    MT is balanced to the moors as group area. Try to think about it from another persons perspective before you start crying for being turned into one more OP freep class.

    Quote Originally Posted by ColorSpecs View Post
    Why not? All other classes can stance dance.
    Wargs can not. There is a cooldown after dropping a stance.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnipurake View Post
    First off, please fix your keyboard. Your caps lock seems to be brocken. Otherwise I have to assume you just like to scream to people that don't share your opinion.



    1. Usually a hunter starts the fight from stealth. That gives you an advantage because your opponent 1st needs to figure out where you are. Time = damage advantage for the hunter.

    2. Spam tracking hunters can counter the wargs advantage (stealth). Audacity r7 does not prevent loosing 40-60% of my 9.8k morale within 2-3s. If "disappear" is on CD I will hug the ground.

    3. You forget that the moors are a group/raid environment. >50% of all freeps out there are capable of healing other freeps. Meaning your adjusted morale pool could be much more than your 7k. (Running around with a WL or defiler would take away a key element of warg play: the surprise)

    4. A BAs MT does not help with tactical damage. Again, a fraid mainly consists of minis/RKs. That makes MT less effective in the overall point of view.

    5. I support the idea of giving the hunter a stance with more survivability, but only at the cost of reduced damage. And no stance-dancing please.
    1. Why do people always assume this? This is wrong. Does every spider start fights from Burrow? Not even half of my figths start from stealth. Now what kind of playstyle is this anyway? Stealth that is only active when standing still? Great. So I just find a spot to gank the poor questing creeps instead of looking for real fights? The Moors are a dynamic environment, fights move around so I have to as well. Camouflage is a stupid skill anyway, take it. 3 second animation and no buffs from it.

    2. Heightened senses is a trait that has always been designed for PvP. Shame that it is in the wrong traitline so hardly anyone uses this trait that should be inherit anyway. Even then there seems to be a bug around to either exploit the tracking mechanic or a bug that some creeps can not be tracked. Haven't encountered this but there is a thread on it here. The glorious tracking mechanic (works both ways) is really messed up though, stupid to use and laggy as hell. Shop trackers are better. Wouldn't use any &&&& from the store though. Again the delay does work in the attackers favour of course unless the hunter is stealthed, see above.

    3. No it is not. It is a landscape to fit every playstyle. You can zerg, solo, raid, spar. You can even be a coward and stand stealthed at the graveyard (as you assume, I say it is a &&&&&&&& playstyle) or round up 2-23 mates and build a wargpack for your funny endeveaours.

    4. What minstrel is doing damage in a raid situation? Standard raids still consist of roudabout 6 hunters. As always and usually no more than two RKs...

    5. Well I do not agree, I do not need survivability skills. I need my bloody class fixed. Medium armour and the fact that I am standing defenseless for a whole 4 seconds in every fight due to my ridiculously long animations. By the way stance-dancing should be disabled. For every class, especially for wargs, pouncing from stealth, getting into flayer and dropping it to gain access to disappear.
    Vincent van Port "Held der fliegenden Feder" R13 before 2013!
    Collector of superb posts.

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/27218000000000e32/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

 

 
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload