We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 579
  1. #26
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sulking in the Corner...
    Posts
    1,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafnman View Post

    Can you stop QQ untill LMs get a buff then maybe its your turn
    The main QQ is the lack of a survival skill; which LM's seem to have ('Wisdom of the Council' I believe it is called)

    We don't have squat. Nothing. Zilch. Negative.
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

  2. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafnman View Post
    really? just ....... really?
    Did you ever try playing a LM?
    1. Hunter got medium armor LM got light armor 1-0 hunter
    2. Hunters can shoot while moving and hit 2-3k LM can use WF (OMG OP) which hits for 300-500 dmg 2-0 hunter
    3. Hunters got no CD on penetration shot which hits 2-3k LMs can spam WF which hits 300-500 3-0 hunter
    4. Hunters got alot of skills without induction LM got induction on all skills except WF which hits for 300-500 4-0 hunter
    5. Hunters can shoot 40m LM got 30m range except WF which hits for 300-500 5-0 hunter

    LMs got anti stun ill give you that 5-1 hunter

    Can you stop QQ untill LMs get a buff then maybe its your turn
    Hmm.
    1. Far higher morale then a hunter counters the Armour value. Most light armors actually have higher mitigation then hunters but I suppose you didn't know this cause you never looked into it .
    2. Loremasters have bleeds up to 55 seconds that stack many times and huge attacks then can nearly one-shot creeps such as ents and lightning.
    3. Wisdom of council heal? Huge. Pet flank heal? Stun immunity? CC?
    4. You obviously do not know how to play your class. With the right consumables and sets you can have certain skills without inductions and or cannot be interrupted. All you need is stun immunity, tar, wisdom of council if you get in trouble. Stun or root anything on you while you bleed and smash then to death with ents and lightning across the tar. Oh and did i mentioned -30% melee damage and -50% ranged damage on your attackers? Please go home and drink some milk lol.
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Gladden | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    166
    I never read hunter stuff but found this link on the ettenmoors dev diary thread.. I think you are looking at minstrels too much, not all classes need to be godmoding with big on the move ranged damage burst and a supply of survival skills. Hunters have their strengths, no class can match their dmg burst with that range atm and they have a good support/dps role in groups if played right. They are only not so easy in 1vs1 situations, if the creep sees you first.

    Most of your points only talk about creepupdates anyway and i can only agree with the warg stuff being bad, these cd reductions sucks much and we have too many wargs already. Creeps need a boost, most agree with that and you probably would if you played creep yourself.

    Blackarrows are BY FAR supirior to Hunters
    In a 1vs1 situation a BA has the advantage on the hunter, beacuse of morale and MT, but no way their dps or damage burst is even close to that of a hunter, or are you still using a level 50 bow?!

    (ever had that moment when 2 wargs jump you and your mini and guard friend cant do anything about it and you die anyway having done almost nothing in the way of helping them other than being a meaty distraction? yea.. i know the feeling.)
    find a better mini/guard then ..

    OH BOY! reavers (although they needed this in general VS other freeps) will now be able to better withstand our inital burst dps and then will be able to close the gap (with their awesome resilience slow immunity... which.... oh wait... remember our old moors set slow immunity? yea) AND then enjoy more dps and mow us down faster.
    Wow, you even complain about reavers improving.

    Start complaining about minstrels and other godmode classes, making hunters look not so good, compared to creeps you're still in a good position.
    .
    Totso r10 champ

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mazauk's den
    Posts
    526
    Aye. About time creeps got buffed! Let's hope hunters get some improvements as well.
    [center][IMG]http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t393/grapsn/1013265_608478239173945_469554244_n_zpsc9ae7993.jpg[/IMG] [/center]

    Hear me bark!

  5. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    Hmm.
    1. Far higher morale then a hunter counters the Armour value. Most light armors actually have higher mitigation then hunters but I suppose you didn't know this cause you never looked into it .
    2. Loremasters have bleeds up to 55 seconds that stack many times and huge attacks then can nearly one-shot creeps such as ents and lightning.
    3. Wisdom of council heal? Huge. Pet flank heal? Stun immunity? CC?
    4. You obviously do not know how to play your class. With the right consumables and sets you can have certain skills without inductions and or cannot be interrupted. All you need is stun immunity, tar, wisdom of council if you get in trouble. Stun or root anything on you while you bleed and smash then to death with ents and lightning across the tar. Oh and did i mentioned -30% melee damage and -50% ranged damage on your attackers? Please go home and drink some milk lol.
    I don't know about others but i have never critted over 10k with either ents or lightning storm which is what most creeps have or more.
    plz tell which other skills have no induction and come near any hunter dmg?
    The only skill i got that ignores induction setback from dmg is Call to the valar which has 5m CD.
    And due to audacity, pots, brand and storebrands most creeps are immune to CC.
    but just so you know debuffing stuff in moors doesn't give you renown so hunter with their epic on the move penetration shot spam can get far more renown then LMs and thats kinda what counts in moors atleast thats why i am there
    Last edited by Rafnman; Jul 25 2012 at 01:11 PM.
    Regards RAFN!

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000000610b1/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    891
    Hunters are doomed solo, but then again so is everyone else so it won't be so bad.

    LOL @ the idiot troll creep on hunter in faron set saying its easy while rolling with a captain. And that's all I have to say about that.

    I wish I could remember if I just made up in my head about split shot being distributed, or that I posted that, or that I read that. But yeah, seeing that the BA now has it, smells fishy; just like when RK's got some many skills in U6 that came from the Guide for ZC thread on the hunters forums.

    LOL @ the LM as well that thinks they're in worse place than hunters. Okay, here's what you do... Don't use your pet, don't use Wisdom of the Council, don't cure your wounds or your diseases, don't give yourself stun immunity, don't use Frost Lore, Fire Lore, Windlore, Tar, See All Ends, or Ancient Craft and reduce your morale to around 7k unbuffed. Guess what? Now you're a hunter.


    @Yelk, the problem with hunters is you have to be among the best to beat the average. Balanceisn't achieved when only the top 2 or 3 players of a class per server can beat the same server's median skill level players of the other classes.

    Last LOL

    LOL @ those saying "Well the hunter isn't a solo class" - NAME A CREEP CLASS THAT ISN'T A SOLO CLASS.

    tY.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,864
    The problem with Hunters is that their DPS is quite good atm, especially the burst if they get to use Improved Focus.
    Hunters are one of the very fastest classes for farming loads of renown/commendations and pretty much any buff will improve this. Therefore even the smallest of buffs may cause Hunters to rule the moors.

    Currently all Hunters can really do is to DPS as much as possible in that small timeframe they have. That's why you dont see many Hunters doing ok'ish, either they get munched by creep or they munch creep.

    As a Hunter it's impossible to take the other path. with Audacity, brands, pots etc the time used on CC in a 5y setup is wasted compared to what a 5b or 5r hunter could do in damage in those few seconds.

    I'd love to see something like Sudden Defence for Champs, not necessary the bubble but the concept of sacrificing DPS points (Fervour/Focus) for survivability. The only thing we got of this kind is Rain of Thorns and it's not that good tbh.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorSpecs View Post
    Hunters are doomed solo, but then again so is everyone else so it won't be so bad.

    DOOMED IN GROUP AS WELL!
    Hunters will have everything going against them this XPAC with their induction skills virtually useless (if warg interrupt bleed), several creep skills increasing induct time (spider, warg, defiler debuffs) not to mention that we will be THE 1# TARGET to kill ASAP and nothing short of 2 healers or a cappy bubble will save us. in the new moors, survival will be key. we have none. we will have 0 TO pathetic effectiveness pretty much in 95% of moors situations.

    (with store trackers we wont be essential for tracking anymore ether. some people have started stocking up on trackers freepside due to lack of hunters to persue wargs)

    NO EFFECTIVENESS
    so we will be roast in groups as well. the perception of hunter will be the same perception of a freep below level cap in the moors currently:
    CANNON FODDER

    so we are not only doomed in SOLO play (been for a long time) but now also (my main point of entire thread) EFFECTIVE GROUP PLAY as well. we wont be able to get much of anything off other than pen shot.... and how much damage will they do? how effective against the new heal boost to creeps will it be? how much focus can you carry? how much power do you have?

    ALMOST NONE

    Quote Originally Posted by ColorSpecs View Post
    @Yelk, the problem with hunters is you have to be among the best to beat the average. Balanceisn't achieved when only the top 2 or 3 players of a class per server can beat the same server's median skill level players of the other classes.

    BING!
    hit the nail on the head here. and POST RoR even those top 2-3 players will be on the level of today's noobs.... and what will happen to those casual players who dont have the best of every gear?

    GONE



    Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    The problem with Hunters is that their DPS is quite good atm, especially the burst if they get to use Improved Focus.
    Hunters are one of the very fastest classes for farming loads of renown/commendations and pretty much any buff will improve this. Therefore even the smallest of buffs may cause Hunters to rule the moors.

    Currently all Hunters can really do is to DPS as much as possible in that small timeframe they have. That's why you dont see many Hunters doing ok'ish, either they get munched by creep or they munch creep.

    As a Hunter it's impossible to take the other path. with Audacity, brands, pots etc the time used on CC in a 5y setup is wasted compared to what a 5b or 5r hunter could do in damage in those few seconds.

    I'd love to see something like Sudden Defence for Champs, not necessary the bubble but the concept of sacrificing DPS points (Fervour/Focus) for survivability. The only thing we got of this kind is Rain of Thorns and it's not that good tbh.

    its not as good as you think. when most of the creep population is slotting crit defence / phys mit and when a dps class like warg or BA has mits almost at (or in case of flayer warg, more) mit than a WL.... you cant dps though that before you are hit (and when you are hit.... you cant do good dps... and cant survive...

    as i stated before... hunter is like a bomb..... if you give hunter time to set up for 10 sec they can explode loads of dps..... but how often does that happen? ( ~ 1/5 of fights) how long do they last afterwards? ( ~ 5-7 seconds) and how often do you see one of the creep classes hide behind a tree or hit an "I WIN" button like MT or dissapear or burrow or such? (a LOT)

    and how often do they have heals (or how often will they be grouped post RoR? ( a LOT)

    Hunters will be out DPS'ed, out Survived, out manuvered, and overall DIE in the post RoR moors without a serious revamp.



    our DPS will not scale to the huge survival increase that the creeps have been given.... and you cant get ren/comms if you're dead.
    and trust me... YOU WILL BE 1# ON THE MENU
    Last edited by Lendas; Jul 25 2012 at 03:08 PM.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sulking in the Corner...
    Posts
    1,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post

    [OMG It's the end of the world!!]
    I know you are pointing out many many many valid points that will put hunters in one of the worst positions we have been in yet, but we still have class diaries, new rewards, new virtue changes/class trait changes, new/improved skills which might finally make a difference (Although I do doubt it, but it is still there for a chance) in our direction.

    If not, then yes, we are screwed with Rohan.
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by zalladi View Post
    I know you are pointing out many many many valid points that will put hunters in one of the worst positions we have been in yet, but we still have class diaries, new rewards, new virtue changes/class trait changes, new/improved skills which might finally make a difference (Although I do doubt it, but it is still there for a chance) in our direction.

    IF there is some miracle gear that gives us a boat load of surival or DPS it still wont change our current state of play and playstyle (aka focus, pen shot pen shot, die) and 3 new skills (one of which may be IMP DF WOOT) would have to be so powerful that we would be entierly depended on them.

    SO

    nothing short of a revamp can save us. deeds, virtues, and gear,
    (which btw we will still be tied to our FAIL MOORS SETS!!!!!)
    and 2-3 new skills cannot save us (if we got, for example, MT as one of our new skills, it would still not solve our problems, and we will never get anything close to the effectiveness of MT with the current dev attitude)
    Quote Originally Posted by zalladi View Post
    If not, then yes, we are screwed with Rohan.


    all signs point to that end


  11. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    340
    I'll be honest, didn't read the responses so I might be repeating, but my thoughts:


    The only thing I can see saving us is big hunter changes they have yet to reveal, but knowing ZC this probably isn't the case, since they haven't even hinted at anything like that.


    It comes down to the PvMP revamp; Turbine doesn't care about solo/1v1 play. The whole purpose of the revamp is to kill it, to promote zergy play, to get more people to pay to play in the moors.


    I was playing the Ranger in the last GW2 beta... thats how a lotro hunter should be. Strong ranged, with decent melee abilities.

    Anyway, already bought the expansion, so I'll be playing a bit... just hoping OP is wrong, but my gut tells me otherwise.


    <3
    Jess
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000003ada9/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    891
    You're drifting into hyperbole now, even for a hunter homer like me. If you want to raise an issue you have to be fair and balanced or those you want to listen to you will write you off as an exaggerator.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    Hunters will have everything going against them this XPAC with their induction skills virtually useless (if warg interrupt bleed), several creep skills increasing induct time (spider, warg, defiler debuffs) not to mention that we will be THE 1# TARGET to kill ASAP and nothing short of 2 healers or a cappy bubble will save us. in the new moors, survival will be key. we have none. we will have 0 TO pathetic effectiveness pretty much in 95% of moors situations.
    That's nothing different than its been since Book 7 except for the small period of time after the Echoes of the Dead expansion when low cut could cure slows. Warg blleds that inerrupt inductions come from Flayer wargs. 99% of wargs are too scared, dumb or maybe righteously cheap to use/buy flayer. Most stay in shadow stance where that doesn't work. Increasing induction times is a minimal debuff and usually is pottable. One minstrel can keep up a hunter under heavy FF as long as that hunter can help by kiting and preferrably has SI.

    with store trackers we wont be essential for tracking anymore ether. some people have started stocking up on trackers freepside due to lack of hunters to persue wargs
    Again, this isn't something new to RoR. We've been dealing with this now since nearly the beginning of the store. Hunters are still the number one tracking class, even over wargs and those store bought deals. Its just that the opportunity cost of using the Heightened Senses trait is too high and that's an issue not new to the store, not new to RoR.

    so we will be roast in groups as well. the perception of hunter will be the same perception of a freep below level cap in the moors currently:
    Why? we're going to do as we've always done. They aren't updating hunters, okay that sucks I agree. But we're not being nerfed are we? We're still the kings of Single Target DPS and Hunter Focus Fire is still the best type of FF there is. I dont' see that changing.

  13. #38
    Trying to think positive... at least as of now hunters are the MOST balanced freep class in moors right now (as in, we can't zerg down 3 ranked creeps singlehandedly and then corpse jump at the same level of health we were at when the fight started *cough* geared champs *cough*), so maybe devs will realize this and understand that if creeps get a buff, freeps don't, but hunters do.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Hampshuh
    Posts
    1,215
    I've said it before (certainly before RoR was even a twinkle in someone's eye) ... and I'll say it again. Want to play a true Ranger class in the moors? ... modeled after Legolas? ... then play a BA. Game over.

    +1 to the OP for articulating the sad truth
    [B]Numenorean Guard, Landroval[/B]
    [B][COLOR=ORANGE]Nuthor-R9 Hunter, Nuthric-R7 Champion, Nuthoranna-R6 Burglar, Nuthro-R0 Guardian, Gotku-R9 Warg[/B][/COLOR]

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorSpecs View Post
    Why? we're going to do as we've always done. They aren't updating hunters, okay that sucks I agree. But we're not being nerfed are we?
    we are effectivly being nerfed.
    we have not been updated for a long time and our ability has been standing still while other classes are moving forward.

    if you are standing still while everyone else is moving forward (creeps AND freeps) you are effectivly being nerfed (since you are now LESS effective than before at end game and PVMP content (which has been designed for everyone else... which in essence makes us weaker in comparison to our former power)

    Quote Originally Posted by ColorSpecs View Post
    We're still the kings of Single Target DPS and Hunter Focus Fire is still the best type of FF there is. I dont' see that changing.
    we ARE the kings of single target BURST dps.... but single target sustained DPS goes to the champs and sometimes burgs

    but POST RoR king of BURST dps has yet to be seen and if ROI is any clue... (hint... we only got 1 useful upgrade for non-raiding situations) we may lose our only 1# position (i cant predict who will be in what position in the DPS race at this point among freeps, waiting for dev diary.)

    i can confidently say that hunter will be in a much worse position in the moors in general than it is now
    i can predict... seeing that nowadays i dont see many hunters in the moors when they once where very popular, that there will be an exodus of casual hunters and possibly some vets ( RIP seyz) from the moors.




    and im sorry but in not spewing hyperbole.... its an observation. im not commenting on the current state of hunter... im talking about the observations in regard to past dev behavior... released info... and analyzations of how creep skills and overall power have risen to higher levels and how this will affect hunter capability (which at our current level of power is sorely lacking) in the moors and how we, standing developmentaly still, will be able to function in an ettenmoors with stronger opponents.







    Quote Originally Posted by 'Ongbyrz. View Post
    ...spam penetrating shot and litarly ''faceroll'' to victory.



    Last edited by Lendas; Jul 25 2012 at 07:25 PM.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuth_KM View Post
    Want to play a true Ranger class in the moors? ... modeled after Legolas? ... then play a BA.
    +1 rep sir. well put.

  17. #42
    Lendas:
    "We are effectivly being nerfed.
    we have not been updated for a long time and our ability has been standing still while other classes are moving forward.

    if you are standing still while everyone else is moving forward (creeps AND freeps) you are effectivly being nerfed (since you are now LESS effective than before at end game and PVMP content (which has been designed for everyone else... which in essence makes us weaker in comparison to our former power)."


    This quote pretty much is what i fear, i don't think that turbine will go out of their way to make hunters worse they just will make everyone else better but that still in the end will hurt hunters.

    [I messed up on the reply thing and had to put it in quotes instead of the quote box thing.] :/
    Last edited by Legonist; Jul 25 2012 at 07:48 PM.
    The end of an age has come and the wheel of time turns on. We will meet again when the wheel allows it.

  18. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post



    [/center]
    My reaction to that quote too... lol. You can't "spam" pen shot in PvP gear... I swear some people think hunters always have 5 legendary trait slots, all gear sets on, and a hefty morale pool as well at all times, when they comment like that.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

  19. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafnman View Post
    I don't know about others but i have never critted over 10k with either ents or lightning storm which is what most creeps have or more.
    plz tell which other skills have no induction and come near any hunter dmg?
    The only skill i got that ignores induction setback from dmg is Call to the valar which has 5m CD.
    And due to audacity, pots, brand and storebrands most creeps are immune to CC.
    but just so you know debuffing stuff in moors doesn't give you renown so hunter with their epic on the move penetration shot spam can get far more renown then LMs and thats kinda what counts in moors atleast thats why i am there
    Did you even read the first post of this thread? I'm talking about survival silly. Not single target DPS comparisons. If a LM gets attacked by 3 wargs he has stun immunity can lay down tar, aoe damage with inductive pots, apply bleeds, flank heal, wisdom of cousin heal, debuff them all so they do less damage. If an LM encounters 2 bas he can apply windlore them and most often kill at least one where a hunter couldn't kill either. Every possible scenario is in favor of the LM because of stun immunity, heals, pet, wisdom of council, tar, cc and debuffs. If you've actually played a hunter you'd realize if your in any of the above situations all you can do is DPS your little heart out before your 7k morale gets eaten up, which btw is anywhere from 2-5 seconds. Read before you respond to posts. Yes its easier to get renown on a hunter, yes its easier to solo/survive on a LM.
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Gladden | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    My reaction to that quote too... lol. You can't "spam" pen shot in PvP gear... I swear some people think hunters always have 5 legendary trait slots, all gear sets on, and a hefty morale pool as well at all times, when they comment like that.
    You dont even bother to read whole post... that is clear sign of trol... he NEVER said anything about PvP gear... let me mark important part of that post for you...

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Ongbyrz. View Post
    I made a hunter simply to farm commendations, use 5 pieces of the faron set, spam penetrating shot and litarly ''faceroll'' to victory.
    [IMG]http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/7323/0hn4.png[/IMG]

    [COLOR=#008000]85 lvl alts: champion, guard, captain, warden, burg, minnie, RK, LM[/COLOR]

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by Galborion View Post
    You dont even bother to read whole post... that is clear sign of trol... he NEVER said anything about PvP gear... let me mark important part of that post for you...
    So he is destroying creeps, with 30% more damage coming in? I'd really like to see this. Any PvE-Set is NOT useful in the PvP-environment thanks to Audacity.

    If you are not wearing a PvP-Set you are standing in a knockdown 1 second longer, get dealt 30% more damage (since you lose the 2 bonus of the trapper set as well). Yeah you might be doing more damage depending on your favoured trait setup, but will get eaten way faster.

    30% more damge to balance it up? And this will not suffice, since you are likely losing some morale too. I doubt it.

    Edit: Well, if oyu like standing in Camo at favoured spot ganking the lowranks that are trying to earn commendations, well then it might just cut it. But in serious fights? Hell, no.
    Vincent van Port "Held der fliegenden Feder" R13 before 2013!
    Collector of superb posts.

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/27218000000000e32/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,864
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVanPort View Post
    So he is destroying creeps, with 30% more damage coming in? I'd really like to see this. Any PvE-Set is NOT useful in the PvP-environment thanks to Audacity.

    If you are not wearing a PvP-Set you are standing in a knockdown 1 second longer, get dealt 30% more damage (since you lose the 2 bonus of the trapper set as well). Yeah you might be doing more damage depending on your favoured trait setup, but will get eaten way faster.

    30% more damge to balance it up? And this will not suffice, since you are likely losing some morale too. I doubt it.

    Edit: Well, if oyu like standing in Camo at favoured spot ganking the lowranks that are trying to earn commendations, well then it might just cut it. But in serious fights? Hell, no.
    It can often be way more than 30% damage in a fight. The advantages of Improved Fleetness with Faron buff makes you a kiting machine gun for a few seconds rather than standing still while firing 2-3 PS.

    It highly depends on getting the right moment, but in best case you got Imp Fleetness active, 9 Focus and the ability to toggle Imp Focus for the 6s buff. In this case, the 9 Focus will allow you to fire off 4 PS. By the time you have fired off 4 PS, you will most likely have received the focus from Precision Stance or Imp Focus to fire off yet another PS.
    Lastly, with all the crits you get you'll most likely be able to fire off 6 or even 7 PS in rapid succession, that's often enough to kill a creep.´

    The potential of the Faron set is just miles better than any of the PvMP sets and the -30% damage rarely makes much difference, either you're alive or you're dead. Even if the PvMP set would allow you to survive a fight, you'll be standing with low morale and no real way of healing except DF'ing to GY.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    216
    it's not enough to kill a warg who jumps on you, a ba who pops moving target, not enough to kill a 15k full audacity reaver, clearly not enough to kill a defiler or a war leader, might work with a spider if u don't get jumped and he doesn't mezz u...

    faraon set just allow u to use a couple more pen shot given the same starting focus (and despite pen shot being a fast skill it still has a duration)

  24. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVanPort View Post
    So he is destroying creeps, with 30% more damage coming in? I'd really like to see this. Any PvE-Set is NOT useful in the PvP-environment thanks to Audacity.

    If you are not wearing a PvP-Set you are standing in a knockdown 1 second longer, get dealt 30% more damage (since you lose the 2 bonus of the trapper set as well). Yeah you might be doing more damage depending on your favoured trait setup, but will get eaten way faster.

    30% more damge to balance it up? And this will not suffice, since you are likely losing some morale too. I doubt it.

    Edit: Well, if oyu like standing in Camo at favoured spot ganking the lowranks that are trying to earn commendations, well then it might just cut it. But in serious fights? Hell, no.
    ^ This.

    I don't know whether other servers are dramatically different, but on my servers warg is the dominant class population. There are wargs quite literally flooding the moors. Having 0 or 1 audacity makes it terribly easy to die to a warg (albeit you can wreck other classes) so for the CC reduction alone, it is better to wear the PvP gear than faron. I know of only one hunter on my server who still wears faron in moors, and, almost sadly from my perspective, I destroy him on my warg if he's not in a group with a healer.

    So, right, faron set is useful when you're grouping, but once again, wasn't the OP about solo hunter PvMP dying? I know he kinda tacked on "group play is dying" as well, but I don't agree with that part. Hunters will always be able to turret from the top of keeps, have captain bubbles, have pet healers, etc.
    Last edited by Bond007; Jul 26 2012 at 01:07 PM.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    It can often be way more than 30% damage in a fight. The advantages of Improved Fleetness with Faron buff makes you a kiting machine gun for a few seconds rather than standing still while firing 2-3 PS.

    It highly depends on getting the right moment, but in best case you got Imp Fleetness active, 9 Focus and the ability to toggle Imp Focus for the 6s buff. In this case, the 9 Focus will allow you to fire off 4 PS. By the time you have fired off 4 PS, you will most likely have received the focus from Precision Stance or Imp Focus to fire off yet another PS.
    Lastly, with all the crits you get you'll most likely be able to fire off 6 or even 7 PS in rapid succession, that's often enough to kill a creep.´

    The potential of the Faron set is just miles better than any of the PvMP sets and the -30% damage rarely makes much difference, either you're alive or you're dead. Even if the PvMP set would allow you to survive a fight, you'll be standing with low morale and no real way of healing except DF'ing to GY.
    just look at your own post.... look how much STUFF you have to do to become EFFECTIVE.

    may i point out to you that faron set will no longer be viable stat wise in RoR?
    may i point out to you that without audacity, you will die very much faster solo (though we are dead ether way solo) and also die faster in groups... burdening the healers and doing very little yourself.

    and look how much prep time and perfect execution... look how much room in there is ripe for a warg or spider or BA to mess you up... look how easy it is (post ROR and now) for your target to hit their "I WIN" button (wargs dissapear, BA evade, spider burrow, WL bubble the target, heals) for all your perfect 10 second setup and (i assume) 20 seconds of UN-INTERRUPTED AND UN DEBUFFED shooting. look how much stuff we have to do to even possibly kill a creep

    it is so incredibly hard (and in a practical, effective sense, post RoR: impossible for a hunter to effectivly DPS in a combat enviroment WHILE being #1 on the menu )



    just to put it in perspective


    what BA does:
    hit skills

    NO PREPERATION REQUIRED
    CAN BE HIT WHILE DPSing
    CAN SURVIVE FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME UNDER FIRE
    HAS ABILITY TO HIT FROM 40M ON THE MOVE (revenge and puncture target, on the move, 40m, no focus cost)
    HAS ABILITY TO HIT FROM 20M ON THE MOVE ( all skirmisher stance skills)
    HAS ABILITY TO HIT FROM 40M STANDING (VT, screaming shafts, headshot)
    HAS ABILITY TO DROP 3 TRIPLE SNARES (giving total move speed advantage of 50% post RoR)
    HAS ABILITY TO SEE HUNTERS IN CAMMO FROM FAR AWAY (skill: I see you! )
    HAS ABILITY TO HEAL SELF AND FELLOWS FOR 3000 MORALE ON THE MOVE (uruk heal)
    HAS 10-13K HEALTH
    HAS ABILITY TO SPAM 40% SLOWS THAT LAST 15 SECONDS AND CANNOT BE CURED

    HAS ABILITY TO DO ALL OF THE ABOVE AT THE SAME TIME




    ANOTHER IRONY:
    WARDENS



    wardens get themselves a sustained (1k dps aproxx) MOVING ranged DPS stance at , GET THIS, 40M... something we have been asking for... gets... once again, mooched to a class that can use it, but does not NEED it OVER HUNTER...

    and get this... they can switch from the ranged DPS stance to melee ANYTIME and be effective in that too...



    so essentially, our ideas are getting mooched off... and then...
    [/size=5] WE ARE ACCUSED OF WANTING TO STEAL "THEIR PLAYSTYLE" [/size]
    (by BA's and sometimes wardens)

    i am sorry, BA's, wardens, ... but that is OUR playstyle your enjoying... it was SUGGESTED AND DISCUSSED on the HUNTER FORUMS for HUNTERS before your classes even existed



    (thats right... before the ettenmoors even existed... there was talk of "why cant we shoot arrows on the move?")


    so our ideas go to others benefit and we are thrown in the trash......



    Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    but once again, wasn't the OP about solo hunter PvMP dying? I know he kinda tacked on "group play is dying" as well, but I don't agree with that part. Hunters will always be able to turret from the top of keeps, have captain bubbles, have pet healers, etc.
    solo hunter PVMP died with the introduction of Audacity....

    my point is that RoR hunter will not only be dead solo play, but group play as well. your point about keep turrents and captain bubbles has validity in that hunter has a place to shoot from and support... but this is based on current moors situations (which is that hunter DPS is still lethal and creep heals are at current levels) but post RoR... the point is... with changes to creeps... if your in a group (even in keep) you will STILL be #1 on the menu and STILL be targeted first and STILL not be able to do anything while you are getting hit.

    so if you are lucky and have a cappy and healer friend... you may survive... but there wont be much to do in the way of damage while getting hit and new creep defences will make your shots hit for less and be quickly healed..

    classes like warden (with heal debuff and 40m ranged moving dps with bleeds, survival, and flexiblity in combat situations with their 40% mit increase, 1/2 health heal, and melee combat capability) will be much more effective overall and will take our spot as the turrent...


    Frankly
    PLAYING MOORS HUNTER JUST WONT BE FUN ANYMORE
    Last edited by Lendas; Jul 26 2012 at 01:33 PM.

 

 
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload