We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: To Kill a WL

Cool To Kill a WL

Simple, use a herald and Blade Bro...nuff said.

****Note**** Not the only way, just one of the more fun ways :P
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000052fac/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

How long does it take? I haven't 1v1'd a good WL lately on my Captain and last I remember is if I don't run out of power, the fight never goes anywhere.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130000000cbf97/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by MrJaZn View Post
    How long does it take? I haven't 1v1'd a good WL lately on my Captain and last I remember is if I don't run out of power, the fight never goes anywhere.
    I have the same problem. Fought one for almost 10 minutes a few weeks back, and then I ran away as it was going absolutely nowhere. He didn't have the DPS to kill me, nor I to kill him. I didn't have a herald (per the OP recommendation), but I don't run a herald in the moors. I also didn't have oathies, which might have helped, but I never got him below 3/4 health either, so not clear it would have mattered...

I usually don't even bother with a herald, I just swap out a bunch of my normal mit gear for more finesse/crit based stuff since with aud WLs hit for next to nothing anyway. Only a few really good WLs,or a bad critless streak, can still force a draw.

Talking

I have fought 2 different R8 WLs using herald of war with Blade Bro. Since they dont hit for very hard, you can swap out any vit gear for Might, get phys mastery up, and crit helps. The last fight I did took about 3 minutes, I use Routing Cry as often as it pops just to get some more hits in, and use Revealing Mark so I dont have to worry about using self heals as they will consume power. If you have increased Kick CD, that works well too, interrupt. Heralds also have the ability to stun, never ever key turn, they just slow, kite, and heal themselves, so stay on them and keep them slowed as often as possible. Very easy fight and as long as you have bower and keep Blade Bro up, you should win just about every time. The higher the level the longer the fight, but they will eventually run out of power. Having the blademaster cloak from Draig helps too with ICPR. You can swap out the herald of war, for the herald of victory if you want for the additional power regen, although not necessary IMHO. If they get smart and start attacking your herald, just spot heal him and use Rallying Cry if it pops.

As far as armor goes, if you dont have dagor stuff, I use 2-loyalty (With Finesse), 2-Pers, and 2-Command. This gives me good power regen, additional crit rating, and tact mit. If it is a non full aud WL, I switch out the 2-loyalty and go with 3 pers, 3 command.

Anyways, that's the best way I have found to kill a Good WL who in the end will stay and fight to the death. Did I also mention you should have about 90% of your health and about 1/3rd of your power by the time they die? lol
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000052fac/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

One more thing, If your DPS is kinda low, I would recommend using auto attacks and Muster Courage just to keep your health up and the auto attacks to still damage them without using power, they will still heal themselves....let them, it uses their power, it ends up being a longer fight, but in the end they will run out of power before you ever will if you have a herald. Just keeps slows and bleeds on them and defensive strike to support your morale. Let em burn out then finish it.

I've solo'd a few Warleaders in the day with varying degrees of success. I can say this, it's never a short fight, and audacity makes a very big difference. That said, I'm used to sucking as a solo captain in the moors, so this is really nothing new.
    [b][color=forestgreen]~Landroval~[/color][/b]
    [b][size=1][color=green]Raigar - 100 Captain[/color] | [color=green]Raigorn - 100 Hunter[/color][/b]
    [i][color=green]Captains of the West - Leader[/color][/i]
    [color=red]Founder[/color] | [color=red]Lifetime Member[/color] | [color=red]Raider[/color] | [color=red]Roleplayer[/color][/size]

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Krindus View Post
    I've solo'd a few Warleaders in the day with varying degrees of success. I can say this, it's never a short fight, and audacity makes a very big difference. That said, I'm used to sucking as a solo captain in the moors, so this is really nothing new.
    Just another reason why crits are so important. If you are only doing regular damage most of the fight it will take longer. Given the increased damage from crits, and having several crits from DB and/or SL, you will find the fight to shorten in length, especially with reduced kick CD to limit their self heals.

One fight I had with a WL lasted long enough for me to get 3 Oathies off on him!

Fighting a WL is like eating the elephant, one small bite at a time. As others have said, try to get you might up as far as you can. If you don't use a herald, which I don't, use your war banner. I use the a 5 piece Command and 1 Loyalty. Keep them slowed and stay in their face so your auto attacks land. The kick interupt is handy, even interupting 1 or 2 of their heals is another bite off the elephant. If you have good ICPR, you will slowly chew them down and they will run out of power before you will.

Don't fight in their banner!
    Gungus - Captain