We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The Imladris LFF thread

This idea came to me last night. I was in the Lone-lands at Naerost, did the other 2 quests there but when I came upon the objective of the third, I realized it was not doable solo and got no response from GLFF. I thought how Imladris has a lower population than other servers and not everyone is on at the same time so why not have another way of trying to get quest assistance.

I ask that if you post in this thread to do the following:
    - List amount of assistance you think you need
    - List Quest
    - List location
    - List Quest Level
    - List roles needed, toon and toon Level
    - List why you feel the need for assistance and how to contact you
    - Remove the Quest by Edit when achieved.

Here's an example:

1/3 Sever the White Hand Quest
    Naerost, Lone-lands
    lvl about 25
    Need any, have Captain 28
    Send tell/mail to Glicyn if interested
    I was in Naerost and found the objective, even at 3 levels above Quest I would have to wait after fighting pairs of Half-Orcs at Level 25 for Power to come back so I could not see my Captain surviving the amount of mobs this quest requires beating all at once.

EDIT - Finished this Quest, just leaving it as an example.
    Last edited by Glicyn; Aug 18 2012 at 01:41 AM.
    Glicyn, Man CPT; Drigrin, Hobbit BUR; Heli, Dwarf MIN; Eliyvan, Elf LM- Imladris
    Soldiers of Gondor - Kin

Edited because I am past this one.
    Last edited by Glicyn; Dec 08 2012 at 10:56 AM.
    Glicyn, Man CPT; Drigrin, Hobbit BUR; Heli, Dwarf MIN; Eliyvan, Elf LM- Imladris
    Soldiers of Gondor - Kin

In the social panel, you can chose to highlight a quest that you need help with. Other people in the same region in the Following tab in the social panel will see that you need help with that quest. If they need help with that quest too, you just need to contact each other. I've never used it because I either try to solo it and succeed or a kin mate comes to help. So I'm no expert with that part of the social panel.

I have tried that in the Social Panel but I am not sure everyone uses it. I just shamelessly use any resource available including the Forums.
    Soldiers of Gondor - Kin

Unhappy

Heya, I have seen you threads, and I wonder why you are having a difficult time finding a group for is? As a common pugger (P.U.G. Pick up group, FYI.) I have also had some problems getting groups for instances over my pug career. Sometimes I have found it can take hours to find a group. The trick however, is to wait until the right time, a lot of folks may not log in at the same time, so it can take FOREVER to find anyone at the wrong time. Patience has always been a key, because if you wait, every time you log in ask around, and, eventually you will find a group. Asking people if there kins have people willing to join is also a good idea. Now I know, you've come at the right time, you've been patient, you've done all you can and simply NO ONE wants to join you. (I tend to have a small group of buddies in the neighborhood to arrange when I can find no one at the time.) Sometimes you will have to just wait until the right opportunity. Glff is probably not going to help much as almost all of the people there are level 75s, but you may find 1 or 2 people interested in P.U.G.ing instances. Good luck, and I will help you out if you can't find anyone, although that may not be what you are looking for....
    Looks like meat's back on the menu boys, With Subway's NEW Meatball Marinara...
    Subway: eat flesh!

Just a note I now have a near full Quest Tracker and most are shown as 6-man Fellowships. A number of these, about 15-20, are North Downs, some others are GB or GA and a few are Trollshaws including the Epic again. So to clear out the Tracker, whenever I am on, I will probably be looking for groups for ND (Fornost too), GB, GA and Trollshaws (maybe Fornost too), else I will work on my crafting if I have the time.

Yes, I know some would say solo however I tried a few of the ND ones and looked at opponent stats on others, there is no way a lvl 36 Captain could, the Morale and at times number of mobs makes that impossible at current level; GB, GA and Fornost cannot be soloed.

Don't know when I will be on but if I am, I will put out requests on LFF, maybe GLFF ignoring all the solo commentors.
    Soldiers of Gondor - Kin

Places

I will respond to what you wrote.
    First of all, the ND quests were not meant to be soloed, unless they are epic, in which you may as well solo the epics because I have spent weeks upon weeks to get a group, and eventually just did it 3-man with a few friends. Inspiration is just a horrible game mechanic, but epics are more about the journey, and instances are more about the challenge.

For most people, they tend to take the Lone-Lands route, as Lone-lands is "solo" and North downs is "fellowship" area wise. There are a lot more 3, and 6 man quests in the area. If anyone tries to tell you to solo one of those, don't listen. It is really only possible for people who are really good at their class, (I soloed most of the fellowship quests on my mini, but I died a lot, and only after very careful tactics did I win.) and most classes do not really have the resources or abilities available to solo those quests at 26. However, all it takes is one other person to win, if they are moderate at their class.

Try many regions besides the one you are currently in. Make sure to try both Bree, and Bree-land, ND, LL, and even Evendim LFF channels, besides just GLFF if you have the coin. Bree, believe it or not, is where I saw most GB/GA run. Fornost is a real buzz killer, because no one really wants to do Fornost. Try it at level 39 (where the minimum level should be scaled IMO.) because that is when the quests are available, and people of that level range might want to join. It was incredibly difficult for me back when it was a 2 hour instances, but it should be easier to get a group now.

Best of luck solving your problem.
    Looks like meat's back on the menu boys, With Subway's NEW Meatball Marinara...
    Subway: eat flesh!