We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    362

    Dwarrowdelf Opinions on Ettenmoors Revamp

    Title describes it all, please keep the conversation civil.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000e1dea/signature.png]Andrag[/charsig]

  2. #2
    http://www.lotro.com/gameinfo/devdia...the-ettenmoors

    if you were wondering "What changes to the ettenmoors?"

    Wompadoo.

  3. #3
    I'm very much looking forward to it. They stole a bunch of my ideas from: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...t=#post6229899

    I think it will definitely need playtesting to see if the incentives work to make fights more dynamic or whether the positive feedback loop of more control = more power is too strong. Unfortunately DD is a fairly small server so I'm not sure the changes will be 100% good. They seem designed for a larger server where multiple OPs/Keep can be defended or attacked simultaneously.
    Freeps @ Dwarrowdelf: r10 Mini
    Creeps @ Dwarrowdelf: r11 Reaver, r10 Warg, r9 Defiler, r9 Spider, r8 WL, r8 BA

  4. #4
    OK well quick look at it, says this will change PVMP completely. I like the multiple target push they are trying for, can't take a keep? Go for an outpost or delving. It also seems to help against the mega raid, since a bunch of smaller groups can hit an out posts at the same time. Even if it doesn't I like the more strategic value of the map locations. Seems like a good attempt to stop camping, improve reasonable grouping rational and focus people on PVMP. I also would say maps become more important to a creep.

    I notice they still have not addressed the 1v1 that people love, it would be nice to see them put something in that allowed a "battlefield challenge" to someone and if they accepted it would place you and them in a 1v1 or group vs group setting that allowed a battle to the death.

    Also there seems to be little to do other than set things up if you're out there with no opposition. Spying will become greater, to try and determine where the next strike will be on smaller servers when you can't defend everywhere.

    Wompadoo

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    41
    I think the revamp is good but it looks like its going to encourage more PVE because taking keeps gives 20%commies/glory rank increase so a max of 100% more on both if you own all the keeps (Lugz,TA,TR,Isen,LC) and taking OPS looks like it gives bonuses to i like how they added bridges they said to the OPS it makes it alot easier to travel . Also the EC swap with Lugz rez is a good thing makes those fallback points now in the battlefield closer to the enemies home base and the rez was put down father which helps get to HH faster . I like the OC swap because it puts you right near TR where the rez use to be for TR, will help maintain raids i think they also moved TR rez it sounds like on CM. So our 1v1's are going to move to bear valley or GTA now which helps a lot since many people don't like the journey to CM. *Now the creep side updates* i like how there giving the battle promotions incoming heal up to 40% at rank 15 and how there giving us all a new skills. i dont like how there giving Wargs HIPS and SPRINT a CD of 3Mins if you trait it now, also the Stacking Fellowship Damage Buff. Each Stalker’s howl adds to the stack (cap of 5). I dont agree with this because its encourages grouping with other wargs i dont think a stealth class with so much dps needs to pack to get kills. The last thing about the creeps all together is mostly every creep gets skills that go through -20% or -30% mits way to much i think. *FreepSide* I think they should change the bonuses for the freepside on the armour sets because the same bonus gets kind of boring. I like how if your rank 10 you can instantly get a Second Age Weapon for comms that has a PVP appearance. Lastly about both sides i like the audacity since it went up to whatever rank the first 1-7 ranks are only going to cost all together 1,125 commies helps alot for new creeps if its really cheap that can last a little longer then normal D: and freeps dont die so fast from creeps.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    176
    looks good. I like how they encourage some pve but at the end of the day you still need to actually pvp to make comms.

    The lower warg hips/sprint cd will probably generate some QQ though haha

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Beornded View Post
    looks good. I like how they encourage some pve but at the end of the day you still need to actually pvp to make comms.

    The lower warg hips/sprint cd will probably generate some QQ though haha
    Seeing as it affects 40% of the DD creep population at any given time to be able to escape combat, let us QQ together my friends!

    Most of the updates are good, still no good PvMP sets for hunter, but wasn't surprised given the other lame updates for the hunter w/ the actual expansion.

    Keep taking will be exciting, with only zergs being able to take keeps now. Having to tank all 5 at once, or having extremely fast dps (freep advantage) will be interesting.

  8. #8
    woooooo! more audacity to grind. that is all >_<
    Chocla 95 Minstrel (Fail Ezmoder) ~ Kraurshak R7 Warg (GTA 1v1 Ganker) ~ Qqmoarpls 41 Hunter
    "if i wanted i could go and actually become a lawyer " -belv

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    288
    hips cd soon will be a toggle rather then a cooldown guys! guess burgs cd is to much so wargs needed lower cd!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000097bdd/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "Long, Thick and Sharp, From the shadows, I'll stick you from behind, deep and bloody, Mmmm the joy of pleasure..."

  10. #10
    It's good to see they are giving the moors a big revamp.
    I expect many numbers to change though because of QQ..
    And my opinion about it is that it aint as good as needed to bring me back to lotro.
    Will be playing something else in 39 days.
    Hurzu R10 Stalker - Bushyasta R7 Warleader
    Sampoo R8 Minstrel

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampo View Post
    Will be playing something else in 39 days.
    Me too probably if I like what I see during this beta weekend event

  12. #12

    more QQ?

    Prepare to see spider packs, since they will get godmode rofl!! A little too late turbine to consider pvp, the winter is coming lads,Guild wars 2 is coming too!!
    Last edited by archf1end; Jul 20 2012 at 02:15 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000dbf91/signature.png]Cataphract[/charsig]

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampo View Post
    It's good to see they are giving the moors a big revamp.
    I expect many numbers to change though because of QQ..
    And my opinion about it is that it aint as good as needed to bring me back to lotro.
    Will be playing something else in 39 days.
    Dude have you decided on which server will you abuse your keyboard and mice? XD
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000dbf91/signature.png]Cataphract[/charsig]

  14. #14
    Let's not get offtopic here.
    Contact me ingame or xfire: samp0 or steam: samp0_jv
    or skype or aim or facebook or ingame or forum pm.
    oh and EU desolation will be my home but you can visit other servers anyways
    Hurzu R10 Stalker - Bushyasta R7 Warleader
    Sampoo R8 Minstrel

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    397
    The traits making the stealth 3 min and sprint 3 min for wargs is a big upgrade to wargs. The default will be 5 min which means good wargs will probably not even trait the 3. They will trait other things making them more powerful. On this server..it might be a problem as the packs run wild but overall I think it is a good change for the wargs.

    The thing that I disagree with completely are the trade in values of our old pvmp armour sets. Audacity for all creeps 2 - 6 is going to cost a total of 1125..not even 1125 per each. The creeps already at 7 will probably start at 7 if not they will effectivley be able to start at 7 because saving 1125 coms right before launch is cake.

    Freep armour is going to give 2 pnts per each which means in order to get the 6 that creeps can buy for 1125 the freeps will have to spend 12600 coms total.

    Turbine needs to reduce the cost to freeps more than 10% on trade in. A 40% to 50% trade in value would be more acceptable.

    The environment changes are allright; however don't think for a second this is going to stop camping or npc hugging. If anything it will probably increase NPC hugging. Coms are too easy to get in the first place. Now I am going to have to make trips to GV even more frequently than I already do with the increase in com value of each player. It would have been better to leave/reduce the value of the coms for the quests, and completely remove infamy/renown gain for doing the environment quests. The bonuses are a great idea for gain on ren/infamy; however it is probably too high. This is more easymoding being introduced to the game. They already cut the ranks in half as far as how much renown/infamy you need and this basically does that again.

    It looks like RKs get to grind out coms for lvl 85 armour set that is basically the same as their 75 set. Yay. Many other classes face this.

    Anyway, overall I think this is a step in the right direction.

    I never hurt no Creeps.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    134
    i like the changes over all, WL's finally get a stun *jumps around happily*

    tho i do not know about the tr rez... its now located on Candy Mountain according to the dev diary.... were will our 1v1s be now ?
    crygin-R11 Warleader, dwarrowdelf

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by msr View Post
    tho i do not know about the tr rez... its now located on Candy Mountain according to the dev diary.... were will our 1v1s be now ?
    GTA! *looks at thalendrin angrily*
    Chocla 95 Minstrel (Fail Ezmoder) ~ Kraurshak R7 Warg (GTA 1v1 Ganker) ~ Qqmoarpls 41 Hunter
    "if i wanted i could go and actually become a lawyer " -belv

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    397
    GTA is a stupid place to hold 1v1s. In fact any map point is. There are plenty of places with no mobs that are out of the way that someone can 1v1 if they want to. It seems from the QQ threads that everyone wants 1v1s but that is a small percentage of the actual pvpers. Same with group vs group instanced. That type of pvp is boring and repetitive. Nice thing about lotro,daoc,warhammer is that you never know what to expect. If you want instanced pvp and 1v1s this is the wrong game to be playing. Should be over at any number of other MMOs that have that set up.

    I never hurt no Creeps.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    314
    I like the new skills for us creeps, i like the modifications to existing ones and the modifications to our advanced skills, even for my warg friends, i like the wl shield bash which is going to help the dps rotation maybe on wl, and the banner of horror/terror being on seperate cds ! on BA i think the exploding arrow will help out because freeps love being in balls so its good to have a extra ranged aoe, also improvements to traps, headshot 50* knockdown, 100% on crit ill help out my cc abilitys by 60%!, reavers get something "forgot name" whch makes them stronger at full health and lose that but trade for more damage,

    can go on and on about classes so done going on for classes, as for the map changes the use for delving now may create fights in the delving and finally a reason to kill the dumb dragon, and gary, the ops giving a bonus to damage is a cool must will make people move around alot more instead of ancient rez-ec-stab-ta-wtab-oc-rez- grams, a minor setback is it could bring ganking to another level but creeps now have good incentives to group again i think

    also movements of oc and ec to new areas is great eager to see where theyre placed, the rez spot changes look ok though i dont think that near river op is good because itll be far easier to camped by freeps who run through hh all the time; unless we come up with awesome advanced souting partys to keep them clear!,

    as for freep armour sets i think theyre ok, great one and one that many freevers will fear is the no pip cost for remoursless strike, as for the audacity stuff i think its good that freeps get the bottem end this time because us creeps had to invest alot of out comms which is reaaally hard to get on a unranked creep and have to decide wheather to spend 6k comms on aud or on skills or delving defence pots, which were all expensive also freeps aud armour have different costs and come with 2 aud each also they have different comm costs so the low comms cost for aid ranks 2-6 will help alot of croobs last longer which makes them more group worthy as far as i know is mostly good,

    also i think it will help solors and encourage more 1v1s because of more flexibility in creeps thanks to new skills and the modifications to advanced skills, 1v1ing is a fun aspect of the game, because something which happens is one side gets to many it throws out any incintive to even play for a time, a solution is 1v1s at a spot on the map which a majority on both sides agree to which ik a majority of creeps respect rulez "exept some unranks freevers who are like walls o talk to to explain things", EXEPT MINIS keep them away from 1v1 areas they will be ganked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!l!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!~lol jk

    can go on more but i hate big posts

    also if u ranked today gratz!
    mentions to people ranking who prob deserve are Dalozg who got r10, Muzplat who got r9 maybe a week ago though
    Last edited by New_Requiem; Jul 20 2012 at 11:03 PM.
    Shapcidrat SoM-RoR

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    397
    lol Rank 3 current audacity is gonna be the same as rank 6. And a creep that has that is no difference to me on how long it takes to kill over rank 1 audacity. Just saying.

    I never hurt no Creeps.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    139
    With the addition of all the Keep/OP/Delving buffs soloing will be harder than ever and 1v1s will be a thing of the past. They need to make an area where you can go and not be affected by these buffs. I do like the reaver changes about time they get some love.
    Last edited by Dntx09; Jul 21 2012 at 12:35 AM.
    [center][color=orange][b]High Chieftain Kamikazee Rank 13 Reaver [/b][/color][/center]
    [center][color=teal][b]Restinpepperonis Rank 9 Weaver [/b][/color][/center]
    [center][color=darkviolet][b]Third Marshal Karoc Rank 12 Champion [/b][/color][/center]

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5
    Doomsie here - I peeked in on the Moors changes out of curiosity, but its not enough to lure me into starting up a creep again, and I'm already on a new server lol. Hope you all are doing fine .

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Treethorn View Post
    Doomsie here - I peeked in on the Moors changes out of curiosity, but its not enough to lure me into starting up a creep again, and I'm already on a new server lol. Hope you all are doing fine .
    Doomsie :'( The moors isn't as violent without you :'(
    Chieftain Rayzr of Dwarrowdelf (Reaver)
    Footman Sakeri of Dwarrowdelf (Captain)

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    277
    I like the idea of changing the map up a bit,,,if they can't give us a new map then this is an alternative that will probably be welcome.

    I've read here and heard in game a little bit of QQ about some of the skill advantages that some creeps are getting,,,especially the Wargs with shorter cool downs on HiPS and Sprint but if they get away they get away,,,simple as that. 5 mins till they can run away again or 3 minutes until they can run away again makes no difference really,,,,and it's to be expected that with a 10 level increase there are going to be new skills/skill improvements to all classes.

    I haven't seen any Dev diaries on the new skills/improvements to the Freep classes yet but i'm sure that they'll level the playing field. I did hear that Loremasters are getting a Dragon pet that eats Wargs with one bite,,effectively one shotting wargs. We're getting an AoE ball of light that shoots from our hands that incinerates a whole Creep zerg with one shot. We're getting an AoE rezurrection that rez's every Freep on the map at once,,,our run speed is being increased to 200% in and out of combat and we are going to be able to run around with four (4) pets out at the same time,,,not that we need it because our Dragon will eat everything on its own anyway. A new headbut manouvre is also being given to the LMs but only works on trolls (the internet troll kind,,not the big ugly fat deformed troll kind; although some are one in the same i'm sure) . Did I mention we can also ride our Dragon pet and fly around the map out of range of everyone although can spray fire everywhere destroying all creeps and leaving the freeps alone. Yup,,,Creeps your days are numbered....Mmmmmm,,,maybe I just dreamed that,,yup.

    What's really going to happen is that LMs will get a stick made of stronger wood and that's about it. It will be called 'Improved Staff' and will do a better job as a crutch helping me limp away from the Warg ball.

    I'm hoping the need to own OPs will limit the rez camping/Keep hugging that goes on,,,seems it will. You sit and hide in a keep while the other side goes and takes everything else, then you'll just spontaneously combust upon their return with all the damege/mit increases.

    Anyways,,,guess we'll see what's what when the expansion comes but I'm sure it'll still be fun out there,


    Zub

  25. #25
    Wow, gunna have 14 ranks of audacity.... >v> .... shield warden ftw
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000105e15/signature.png]Aurshi[/charsig]

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload