We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1

    Maxing crit on cappy

    Has anyone max crit on cappy to 25%?

    Would you share what relics, rune and settings, jewellery and gear you are using to reach the max crit? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,628
    Quote Originally Posted by weiminc38 View Post
    Has anyone max crit on cappy to 25%?

    Would you share what relics, rune and settings, jewellery and gear you are using to reach the max crit? Thanks.
    A lot of us have hit 20%, that last 5% (so your total melee crit chance is 30% in LtC) would likely sacrifice too much might to be worth it.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

    Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Watertown, MA
    Posts
    2,910
    With 4 reds, I run with around 21% crit before Relentless Attack, ending up with something like 24% after. Right now, I'm doing a 2/2/2 of GC+Mene+Dagor (still saving up seals for my third Dagor piece, was doing 3/3 GC/Mene before), but apart from that it's really the obvious relics. Anything that adds AGI will help with crit. I also have all three pieces of the Great River Exemplar set, which has Might + Crit + Tact Mastery.

    If you really want specifics, I guess I can look up what I've got a little later. (Unfortunately, the link in my sig doesn't show most of my items, nor does it show relics.)
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

  4. #4
    I forget the decimal but I'm somewhere around 29.4%, with the trait and weapon legacies I should be at around or over 30% crit on DB. Might is kinda sad, but RC spam is pretty sweet.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Watertown, MA
    Posts
    2,910
    I think I'd rather see Armitas' gear than share mine, in that case. :P 29% crit is pretty impressive.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

  6. #6
    Highest I have had was around 11k crit, can't remember what that translated Into percentage wise.

    I am toning It down as I can finally bear to quest In the Great River area and get the might jewellery sets, I think 8.5k crit Is 20% or so which Is an easily achievable target along with high might or mitigations.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    I think I'd rather see Armitas' gear than share mine, in that case. :P 29% crit is pretty impressive.
    Thanks here's what I got on.



    Armor is perseverance/dagor set.
    Earrings: Exquisite Great earrings of might
    Bracelet: Chul-Breichled
    Pocket: Illuminated great river book of defense
    Rings: agility pvp rings for tactical mit, morale, agility crit (Let me know if you have any better suggestions)

    Except for the ring, all that jewelry is probably on your auction house right now.

    The buffs you see are tactical mit banner, coffee, fate food(which I use with that build), and wound food. Normally I wouldn't get to use IDOME so then it should be 29.4%.

    My physical and tactical mit without raid scrolls is P49%,T51%. I can't remember what my morale is with a token.

    I have a ton of crit on my legendary weapon through 2hand bonus, setting and gem and crafted relic. Unseen in the crit window is +1500crit rating on devastating blow from expert attacks, and +672 crit rating on devastating blow from weapon legacy.

    I run this with relentless optimism and now for wrath. My spot heals hurt from the might but they are helped by the 24.6% tactical crit paired with Relentless optimism which also makes my RC's crit more.
    Last edited by Armitas; Jul 20 2012 at 07:40 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    Thanks here's what I got on.



    Armor is perseverance/dagor set.
    Earrings: Exquisite Great earrings of might
    Bracelet: Chul-Breichled
    Pocket: Illuminated great river book of defense
    Rings: agility pvp rings for tactical mit, morale, agility crit (Let me know if you have any better suggestions)

    Except for the ring, all that jewelry is probably on your auction house right now.

    The buffs you see are tactical mit banner, coffee, fate food(which I use with that build), and wound food. Normally I wouldn't get to use IDOME so then it should be 29.4%.

    My physical and tactical mit without raid scrolls is P49%,T51%. I can't remember what my morale is with a token.

    I have a ton of crit on my legendary weapon through 2hand bonus, setting and gem and crafted relic. Unseen in the crit window is +1500crit rating on devastating blow from expert attacks, and +672 crit rating on devastating blow from weapon legacy.

    I run this with relentless optimism and now for wrath. My spot heals hurt from the might but they are helped by the 24.6% tactical crit paired with Relentless optimism which also makes my RC's crit more.
    heya what is the name of the plugin that you use to arrange your quickslot bars and add more bars?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by weiminc38 View Post
    heya what is the name of the plugin that you use to arrange your quickslot bars and add more bars?
    It's Tonicbars. You can lock each one of those bars individually too.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fresno
    Posts
    107
    That type of build to max crit is a huge nerf to your DPS and healing. I don't see the point of going 30% crit when I can get 24% crit and be over 35K physical mastery and max outgoing healing at 50%. Getting one extra crit out of 20 hits will not make up for having 75% of the damage and healing output of a 2000 might cappy would have. It is interesting to see what the max numbers you can get for any stat, but this type of build has no benefit what so ever...

  11. #11
    ^That build is strictly for RC healing and power restore, nothing more. 1 RC > 6WOCs. The armor sets make DB spammable at 15s battle shout cooldown and 13s shadows lament cooldown.

    I was curious about my damage so I did two quick dummy readings before TOO. DPS 1200, crit min max was 29% and 37%
    Last edited by Armitas; Jul 20 2012 at 05:31 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

  12. #12

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by discodanman45 View Post
    That type of build to max crit is a huge nerf to your DPS and healing. I don't see the point of going 30% crit when I can get 24% crit and be over 35K physical mastery and max outgoing healing at 50%. Getting one extra crit out of 20 hits will not make up for having 75% of the damage and healing output of a 2000 might cappy would have. It is interesting to see what the max numbers you can get for any stat, but this type of build has no benefit what so ever...


    Didnt you know, cappys aren't meant for DPS.....


    *Sarcasm Obviously*
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000052fac/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,628
    Quote Originally Posted by aadaboy19 View Post
    Didnt you know, cappys aren't meant for DPS.....


    *Sarcasm Obviously*
    **sniffle**
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

    Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fresno
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    ^That build is strictly for RC healing and power restore, nothing more. 1 RC > 6WOCs. The armor sets make DB spammable.
    One extra rallying cry out of 20 DB sacrificing a huge amount of might and tactical mastery is not even close to worth it... 5% extra crit chance to have a rallying cry be half the healing value is not even close to a close tradeoff. Crit healing builds are worthless if you have weak base rallying cry heals. Extremes are never the best way to go, having super high might and no crit at all would also hurt you.

    I agree that a good way to heal is to trait LtC with the perserverance set and spam rallying cry as much as you can. These crit build healing red builds have been around for awhile. HoH captains will say this type of healing is too risky, saying that you are at the mercy of a crit. However, maxing crit was never a part of the crit healing model. I think the best number to shoot for is about 24% with 5% bonus and make might as high as possible. Spamming weak heals at a 5% better rate and criting a tad better is impossible for me to justify.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by discodanman45 View Post
    One extra rallying cry out of 20 DB sacrificing a huge amount of might and tactical mastery is not even close to worth it... 5
    I'm getting a RC at least every 3 dbs instead of 4, it depends on which end you want to look at it from.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...1bUJLa3c#gid=5
    With Relentless Optimism and Nowforwrath...
    Rally Cry is 94.74% as strong as a HoH capstone's
    WoC is 84.62% as strong
    Inspire is 79.49% as strong
    (^credit Almagnus1)

    Our entire heal efficacy is based on our heals critting. Also as an unintentional side benefit I just noticed my critical heal magnitude is 1.72. Wasn't trying to make that happen but hey i'll take it.

    I have a healing emblem/weapon on hot swap macro with 5k tactical mastery if If I need to get my mastery back up. Having RC nearly on demand is incredible. I've tried other builds, you just have to give it a shot to see what i'm talking about.

    What is your morale and mitigations at 50% outgoing healing and 34000 physical mastery? I do have to run a strict HOH as well but I have been unable to safely reach 50% outgoing and 34000mastery so if you found a way I would appreciate being able to copy your build.
    Last edited by Armitas; Jul 20 2012 at 08:10 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fresno
    Posts
    107
    Here are some builds I use. Note that these are self buffed with scrolls, tokens, and food. No store purchased stuff and no other buffs. By the way, I am trying to get to rank 8 so I can get the war banner from the moors. I am 2K from rank 6 so still a ways to go...

    Edit: By the way I run at 55% physical and 47% tactical mitigations with these setups.

    Not how I run usually, but this is my highest DPS build that I use on zerg runs


    How I would trait for main healing with crit build


    How I normally raid with hope banner
    Last edited by discodanman45; Jul 20 2012 at 08:26 PM.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by discodanman45 View Post

    Edit: By the way I run at 55% physical and 47% tactical mitigations with these setups.
    I run into the same problem with my HOH build. Seems like no matter what I try I'm fighting cap outgoing, tactical mit, or morale. I can cap it easy but I lose too much mits.
    Last edited by Armitas; Jul 20 2012 at 08:48 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fresno
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    I run into the same problem with my HOH build. Seems like no matter what I try I'm fighting cap outgoing, tactical mit, or morale. I can cap it easy but I lose too much mits.
    Around 50% mitigations is fine. I go a bit higher with Saruman T2, but no need to have mitigations capped unless you are tanking.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by discodanman45 View Post
    Here are some builds I use. Note that these are self buffed with scrolls, tokens, and food. No store purchased stuff and no other buffs. By the way, I am trying to get to rank 8 so I can get the war banner from the moors. I am 2K from rank 6 so still a ways to go...

    Edit: By the way I run at 55% physical and 47% tactical mitigations with these setups.

    Not how I run usually, but this is my highest DPS build that I use on zerg runs


    How I would trait for main healing with crit build


    How I normally raid with hope banner
    Can you give me a break down of those armor combinations. I am very curious. Can PM me if needed.

    Thanks!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fresno
    Posts
    107
    I usually run 4 Dagor (Red) and 2 menestaid (blue) from ToO. I like it for the extra bonuses you get for might/crit/and finesse. I don't PvP much, so I got the three cheapest pieces of the perserverance armour from the moors. Believe they were 14K commendations.

    Captains are very lucky that we can use two sets of limlight gear. I run 2 earings, 2 rings, and clicky pocket. They are some of the best jewlery in the game. I even passed on some Saruman jewelry because I would still use the limlight stuff over it. Using 3 of tactical might set and 2 of the physical might set, you get an extra +93 in might for just bonuses. Each piece is +126 might as well I believe. It is a must to have these 5 pieces IMO.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by discodanman45 View Post
    I usually run 4 Dagor (Red) and 2 menestaid (blue) from ToO. I like it for the extra bonuses you get for might/crit/and finesse. I don't PvP much, so I got the three cheapest pieces of the perserverance armour from the moors. Believe they were 14K commendations.

    Captains are very lucky that we can use two sets of limlight gear. I run 2 earings, 2 rings, and clicky pocket. They are some of the best jewlery in the game. I even passed on some Saruman jewelry because I would still use the limlight stuff over it. Using 3 of tactical might set and 2 of the physical might set, you get an extra +93 in might for just bonuses. Each piece is +126 might as well I believe. It is a must to have these 5 pieces IMO.
    Ty for the info. Which to pieces do you use for the Menestaid? Chest and legs?

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,135
    Quote Originally Posted by weiminc38 View Post
    Has anyone max crit on cappy to 25%?

    Would you share what relics, rune and settings, jewellery and gear you are using to reach the max crit? Thanks.
    Are you counting traits or do you mean a base 25% Critical Hit Rating from just gear and Captain buffs?

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    Are you counting traits or do you mean a base 25% Critical Hit Rating from just gear and Captain buffs?
    That's probably base.

    25% melee crit is cake with 4 red traits.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

    Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload