We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

PVP'ers unite, our voices have been heard!!!

Take a look...

http://www.lotro.com/gameinfo/devdia...ors?sp_login=1

If you haven't already done so, take a look at the upcoming changes to PVP. I don't know about everyone else, but this sounds pretty exciting to me, and may be just the thing to bring back a "pre-mom" experience to both sides.

Share your thoughts!!!!! The only thing I'd like to see on top of the promised changes with the ROR update would be more consequences for deaths in a battle. Repair bills, open looting, whatever. With the current system (and post ROR) defeat in battle means nothing as you just come back over and over and over again as both sides have seen with rez camping and suicide runs. If there were penalties in place for deaths, players would have to rethink suicide play styles and imo it would force more strategic and more tactical battle plans from both sides.

Anyway, read up on the changes..... now instead of dreading the grind for ROR, I'm eagerly awaiting it's start!!!!!!
    Last edited by MythicDude; Jul 19 2012 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicDude View Post
    Take a look...

http://www.lotro.com/gameinfo/devdia...ors?sp_login=1

If you haven't already done so, take a look at the upcoming changes to PVP. I don't know about everyone else, but this sounds pretty exciting to me, and may be just the thing to bring back a "pre-mom" experience to both sides.

Share your thoughts!!!!! The only thing I'd like to see on top of the promised changes with the ROR update would be more consequences for deaths in a battle. Repair bills, open looting, whatever. With the current system (and post ROR) defeat in battle means nothing as you just come back over and over and over again as both sides have seen with rez camping and suicide runs. If there were penalties in place for deaths, players would have to rethink suicide play styles and imo it would force more strategic and more tactical battle plans from both sides.

Anyway, read up on the changes..... now instead of dreading the grind for ROR, I'm eagerly awaiting it's start!!!!!!
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][FONT=Impact][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][B][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Teal][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000400e3/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=SandyBrown][SIZE=2][I][FONT=Book Antiqua]"West, North, and South the children of Men spread and wandered, and their joy was the joy of the morning before the dew is dry, when every leaf is green." [/FONT][/I][FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Impact][FONT=Fixedsys]- [FONT=Arial][B]The Silmarillion[/B][/FONT] [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/COLOR][/FONT] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/nasty/"][COLOR=SlateGray][FONT=Hurry Up]Minstrel[/FONT][/COLOR][/URL] [/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed]|[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/evilblasty/"][FONT=Hurry Up][COLOR=SlateGray]Rune-keeper[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL] [/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed]|[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/balbaroids/"][FONT=Hurry Up][COLOR=SlateGray]Champion[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL] [/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed]|[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/nastier/"][FONT=Hurry Up][COLOR=SlateGray]Captain[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL] [/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed]|[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/inuke/"][FONT=Hurry Up][COLOR=SlateGray]Hunter[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed]|[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/nastiest/"][FONT=Hurry Up][COLOR=SlateGray]Warden[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]

1. Creeps would have no armor/weapons to repair. I'm glad that there are no repair bills due to death in the moors.
    2. I like carrots and enjoy being an equus asinus.
    3. I am looking forward to seeing the planned changes. While it will not satisfy everyone I can see how a large majority of players will react positively to these changes. A lot of concerns were addressed while some were not. I don't know if this will be enough to get some seasoned/veteran pvpers to come back with GW2 just around the corner but if they log in to check out the changes they might like it enough to stick around. Who knows....

¬∃x ∈ power (x > Barz)

That new Legendary Item that is unique to the moors sounds interesting...
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

They made creeps stronger which was needed. Besides that I dont see too much good about these changes. They changed around the PvE aspects of the moors. The main focus is on how the keeps/OPs will affect things now. Imo, all this will do is create a more hide and seek atmosphere on an already smaller pop server. They didnt get rid of Commendations, they kept Audacity, and they still have not implemented any sort of arena system or new map. To me it looks like they moved around some of the OPs and gave u bonuses for holding things, not a single PvP change.
    [SIZE=3][FONT=fixedsys][COLOR=#FF0000]Aldamire**Captain Of The Company**Rank 8 Pre MoM(Retired)
    Killerpup**Warg of Legion**Rank 8 Pre MoM(Now Rank 9/Retired)

[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty8 View Post
    [size=1][font=palatino linotype][COLOR="#797979"]Some ancient Italian maxim fits our situation, whose particulars escape me. [/COLOR]
    [/size][/font]

If there were penalties in place for deaths, players would have to rethink suicide play styles and imo it would force more strategic and more tactical battle plans from both sides.
    There is nothing strategic about sitting in the back of a raid and running at the first sign of trouble. That thinking is why our moors has sucked for so long to begin with.

I'm not saying suiciding is the wisest thing to do either. But having the odds stacked against you and managing to get kills is far more enjoyable. That's when you see real strategy, self-strategy. Learning your class, playing it to its fullest potential, winning a fight you shouldn't win because you thought, planned and executed skills smoothly and efficiently - that's PvP.

As far as the RoR updates go; I'm on the fence about them. They sound great on paper and buffing creeps, especially reavers, is long overdue. With the decrease in skill/trait cost for creeps and with owning keeps giving them bonus infamy we'll have more higher ranked, better skilled creeps. However, I won't put it past Turbine to give minstrels an AoE nuke with a 100m range or something similar at 85. (just using minstrels as an example, all freep classes are pretty OP right now)

In other words, the changes sound great if implemented tomorrow without a hitch. But these are RoR changes and we don't yet know what gear freeps will be running around with, what skill upgrades and changes they'll get at 85, etc. Won't know until it's here.
    Last edited by DreagonMK; Jul 19 2012 at 07:49 PM.
    [B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#999999][SIZE=1]Revelations Kin of Firefoot[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#3366ff]
    R9 Captain | R9 Champ | R9 LM[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#800000]R9 Reaver | R8 Warg[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

it seems they just moved stuff around. none of this will benefit a small pop server. the moors was just an afterthought and now its a pay to win money pit. the guildwars franchise has always put pvp first and im sure gw2 will be the same. good luck turbine... to bad you never listened to your playerbase
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000a604d/signature.png]Zyk[/charsig]

I'd say the new reward system for capturing and holding keeps and dof and such will encourage more pve than pvp. Once freeps start getting max lvl and whatever gear they need the map flips blue and all the creeps switch to their freeps until there's no more creeps left to farm. And back and forth it goes... or at least how I am picturing it. When logging into a blue map it becomes, "Need to PvE outposts or freeps will have +40% mastery"

Without being to cynical I do like the fact that pvmp is getting attention and hope that whatever happens is fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakshi View Post
    Totally gay video ryan. This clip here is what u meant homey.

Lugpoop. God of Blackarrows. God of Guards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oClavqTwx-k
    Last edited by JaredCoulter; Jul 20 2012 at 02:51 AM.

After re-reading the dev diary, this caught my eye:

Champion
    Shining Blades

2: 776 Physical Mastery Rating
    3: +5% Ardour Damage
    4: +76 Might
    5: On Crit: Blade-storm reduces movement speed by 25% for 10s
    Unyielding Rage

2: +776 Critical Rating

3: +50% Hamstring Duration
    5: Remorseless Strike Pip Cost Removed
    Resilient Warrior

2: +786 Tactical Mitigation; +786 Physical Mitigation
    3: Battle-frenzy reduces incoming Tactical damage by 10% for 10s
    5: Bracing Attack has a 50% chance to dispel up to 3 Poison, Disease, Fear, or Wound effects

They've changed the Unyielding Rage set. As a champ, that 5pc bonus is significantly OP, but not in the way most people expect. RS spamming is already a possibility given the fact that pips are so quick to build now, but it will convince more champs to possibly weapon swap mid rotation which is already a viable and strong option if performed properly. (2H) ISB -> RS -> (swap to DW) -> build pips/wait for cd -> RS -> (swap to 2h) -> Brutal + clobber -> (swap to DW) repeat. This also makes the Ferocious Strikes cd legacy a damn near must-have, assuming it's still around at 85, as you'll be able to effectively RS -> FS without having to build pips in-between. Or for those who won't weapon swap, just SS -> RS -> SS -> RS, while hitting FS/BS each time you have the fervor depending on DW or 2H. Effectively using Second Wind (even possibly traiting it) or having a captain buddy negates any power issues.

This is all in theory from a champ's perspective though. Given a day to work out any kinks, I think I could effectively build a rotation and build around this set bonus alone (as could most champs) and send every creep I come across to the rez fairly easily. But, we'll see.
    Last edited by DreagonMK; Jul 20 2012 at 06:37 AM.
    [B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#999999][SIZE=1]Revelations Kin of Firefoot[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#3366ff]
    R9 Captain | R9 Champ | R9 LM[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#800000]R9 Reaver | R8 Warg[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by DreagonMK View Post
    There is nothing strategic about sitting in the back of a raid and running at the first sign of trouble. That thinking is why our moors has sucked for so long to begin with.
    Well that's all fine and well for melee classes like your warg, reaver, or champ, and even for a support class like your captain that always uses last stand every time it's up.
    Light armor classes with long inductions being at the front of the raid is not strategic at all. In fact, unless they have heals, a light armor in melee range is a liability to the whole group, and they SHOULD be moving in and out of range all the time to be effective.
    So ranged classes staying at range is NOT why the "moors has sucked for so long to begin with", and I personally enjoy the moors with my spidy, and hunter, and will continue to be at range with both.

Quote Originally Posted by DreagonMK View Post
    I'm not saying suiciding is the wisest thing to do either. But having the odds stacked against you and managing to get kills is far more enjoyable. That's when you see real strategy, self-strategy. Learning your class, playing it to its fullest potential, winning a fight you shouldn't win because you thought, planned and executed skills smoothly and efficiently - that's PvP......
    Agreed, but I see that all the time from the vast majority of players on this server, so I have no idea who or what you are referring to.
    Last edited by WeavinEvil; Aug 17 2012 at 03:42 PM.

Thumbs down

Jeez this looks good, relatively speaking.

I hope it is enough to at least get some veterans back to try it. Maybe if it's good enough they'll stick around. I am very tempted to try it out myself.

However, I'm not convinced that even if they were to "fix" PVP entirely that it will be enough for Firefoot's low population. Here's hoping so, if I came back I wouldn't want to a) re-roll or b) pay $$$ for another transfer.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000bd579/signature.png]Puppyfat[/charsig]
    - R7 Defiler - R7 Reaver - R6 Spider - R6 Blackarrow - R5 Warleader -

Quote Originally Posted by I_fail_irl View Post
    Jeez this looks good, relatively speaking.

I hope it is enough to at least get some veterans back to try it. Maybe if it's good enough they'll stick around. I am very tempted to try it out myself.

However, I'm not convinced that even if they were to "fix" PVP entirely that it will be enough for Firefoot's low population. Here's hoping so, if I came back I wouldn't want to a) re-roll or b) pay $$$ for another transfer.
    the only way turbine will ever get vets to return is to stop beating around the bush and release a new pvp zone
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000014f798/01001/signature.png]Thulock[/charsig]
    Token Pothead of Revelations
    Relish the Death and Bathe in its Glory

Quote Originally Posted by theanoyingdevil01 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by theanoyingdevil01 View Post

"One thing that’s become very apparent to us in our survey of the ‘moors is the disparity in damage and healing between Creeps and Freeps. Pound for pound, Creeps tend to get outgunned and outhealed compared to the kind of numbers Freeps can put out."
    Funny that this is barely becoming apparent to them, its been apparent to most of the players for years. While there are some nice changes being made, reavers are still getting barely any attention. Only 3 skill revisions? They need alot more than that. Jagged Cut Application chance of bleed increased to 100%. That is one I have been waiting to see for a long time now, at least they did one thing right =). However only 2 skill revisions to defilers and 7 for wargs? Wargs are the best looking creep class atm, if they want to fix the "outhealed numbers" they need to do a whole lot more skill adding/polishing for defilers.
    Last edited by TurinDreadHelm; Aug 05 2012 at 03:38 AM.
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/lotro/0/9/9/1/6/109916ajJZH.png[/img][/url]
    [color=red]BloodLine[/color]

[size=1][font=palatino linotype][COLOR="#797979"]Some ancient Italian maxim fits our situation, whose particulars escape me. [/COLOR]
    [/size][/font]