We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazything View Post
    Shield bash FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me burst your bubble man...dont get me wrong but...
    As a skill is awesome BUT the stun on crit SUCKS!....check how much % melee crit you have...like 10% max?

See??Smething must be done for creep crit and crit multiplier

[Tangaar Captain R 7][Barukhazad Minstrel R 9]

A few comments:

1. Keep flipping is going to be a thing of the past (at least for comms). The mechanics described make it unlikely that folks will grab a keep and switch, and grab it again.

2. Many folks dont like the big raid. Having the outposts will give them something to do while roaming the map looking for small groups to kill.

3. Solo folks are going to get munched. Thats an opinion but I know that just running around solo is going to be a lot more dangerous as there will be 6 man groups in the same area.

4. Comment deleted until we can find the source confirmation...

5. 2nd age weapons (I assume they are lvl 85 ones at that...) require rank 10. Theres just not that many rank 10 or above characters. Go to the leaderboards and look at the active rank 10 characters and guesstimate the percentage. (10-15% probably).

Edit: I just went and checked - 7250 pvp characters listed for Landroval using the Daily stats. 156 at level 10 or above. Thats 2%. Lets assume that half that (probably way more) dont play in the Moors, at the low levels. Thats still 5% or so. On the flip side, many level 10 or above folks have gone (are going) to other games. The 2-5% number will probably hold up, is my guess...

What does concern me is two things:

A. Until characters level to 85,there isnt going to be much chance of the Freeps owning a heavily blue map. If prior releases are any indication, the creeps will have 2 to 4 weeks, at minimum, with a 300% bonus on kills. Assuming anyone is crazy enough to go into that feeding frenzy, creeps should get a lot of comms with very little risk. Thats assuming that ANY freeps go out. It could be that they will starve for comms until folks reach 85. That would be an ugly few weeks for the creeps.

B. (And this really concerns me) Both sides have shown the ability to have multibox/multicharacter farming sessions for comms. There doesnt seem to be any mechanism for supressing the clone generation of comms. Hopefully, both sides will have to good taste to not do that or just do 1v1 in an out of the way corner and generate comms.

Aeronwy
    Last edited by Teldra; Jul 19 2012 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prancey View Post
    I'm just saying that there's already being calls for nerfs to creeps here(Yet again...) without any public knowledge of what freepside is getting, but from what I'm hearing already, freeps do not need to worry, as usual.
    Yeah, that I can agree with. There's a line between being able to predict likely outcomes of changes and guessing as to what likely outcomes will be, and as long as we only have one side of things then we're all in guessing territory more than predicting.

For that matter, I hope that there will be more detailed changes being made to the individual classes on creepside beyond just the one or two new skills/skill updates that jwbarry mentioned. Defilers certainly need more than just induction-free gourds and curses, but maybe the proposed damage increase will actually be enough. It's hard to say without doing any testing.

You're also probably right that freeps won't need to worry too much. The synergy between freep classes is so much better than the synergy between creep classes, and I don't see that being addressed at all.

I love the way the changes look to the PVE aspect of the moors. Too many times I've seen huge balls of freeps out just looking to PVE the map one color with little intention of actually fighting, so I think these changes will help mitigate any real incentive to do it that way (and instead PVEing to change the locations of the fight, use keeps in tactical way, etc.) The landscape changes sound good, comm reduction is good, incoming healing boost for creeps is good. The balance looks like it should be better.

I really don't understand what the difference between "advanced" to "enhanced" actually means. It feels like you're just changing the name of it but little else. I am pretty sure I am missing something here, but it kind of sounds like you're doing it like freep legendary skills -- if you trait it you can use the skill, if you don't the skill is greybarred. If that's the case, you're taking a step backward in "choices."

My major disappointment at this point is the lack of class changes to those who haven't been updated, and, ultimately the lack of information on the defiler. Reduction in casting for curse and gourd skills doesn't really say much. By how many seconds will it reduce? We already get a reduction for gourd skills with present build, is it just going to be the same thing but include curse skills? That's really not putting a lot of focus into revamping and enhancing the defiler. That's called a Band-aid.
    Edit: forgot to mention, I do *love* the sound of the new skill and the description. This is part of why creepside rocks. More please
    Last edited by Ryssadis; Jul 19 2012 at 05:29 PM.
    ~*~Ryssawyn~*~ (RK)
    Acheros (LM) Glitzen (Guard)
    Snozzberries Defiler of great taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Teldra View Post
    4. As said above, comms will be zeroed out when RoR comes out. Spend em now.

I don't see any mention of that - there is a hint of reshuffling Audacity values in appropriate Dev Diary, but Comm DD has nothing. The only "spend it NOW" suggestion I can recall was about buying skills with DP.

Let's add it to the list of questions anyway Cap for Comms is just 10k... but - to quote classic - having 10k and not having 10k equals 20k.
    Last edited by Ferthcott; Jul 19 2012 at 05:05 PM.

Yeah, I just looked over the Commendations Dev Diary and there's nothing that mentions them resetting to 0.

Source: http://www.lotro.com/gameinfo/devdia...eveloper-diary

Quote Originally Posted by Ferthcott View Post
    I don't see any mention of that - there is a hint of reshuffling Audacity values in appropriate Dev Diary, but Comm DD has nothing. The only "spend it NOW" suggestion I can recall was about buying skills with DP.

Let's add it to the list of questions anyway Cap for Comms is just 10k... but - to quote classic - having 10k and not having 10k equals 20k.
    Yeah, I'm not sure where people are getting that information either - stuff slipping past the NDA already, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryssadis View Post
    I really don't understand what the difference between "advanced" to "enhanced" actually means. It feels like you're just changing the name of it but little else. I am pretty sure I am missing something here, but it kind of sounds like you're doing it like freep legendary skills -- if you trait it you can use the skill, if you don't the skill is greybarred. If that's the case, you're taking a step backward in "choices."
    With the old version "advanced", they were like legendary skills where if you didn't have them slotted, the skill was greyed out. Now they are "enhanced" skills where you can use the basic skill without having it traited but the "enhanced" version will give an additional effect if you use a trait slot. This offers more choices because skills that were previous no-brainers (i.e. slotting resilience for a reaver), now become more of a choice since you still get the basic version without using a trait slot. Would I rather slot enhanced resilience and get additional CC immunity or just keep the CC break of basic resilience and get the extra bleed from enhanced jagged cut?

Reduction in casting for curse and gourd skills doesn't really say much. By how many seconds will it reduce? We already get a reduction for gourd skills with present build, is it just going to be the same thing but include curse skills? That's really not putting a lot of focus into revamping and enhancing the defiler. That's called a Band-aid.
    I'm assuming they mean the trait will also now reduce curse skill inductions by 1 second. They're also getting an unspecified boost to DPS. Defilers just got a significant revamp earlier this year. I don't think they are going to get another major overhaul soon, nor do they really need one.
    Freeps @ Dwarrowdelf: r10 Mini
    Creeps @ Dwarrowdelf: r11 Reaver, r10 Warg, r9 Defiler, r9 Spider, r8 WL, r8 BA

Fix WTA stairs. Gamebreaker.

On a serious note: Great dev diary. My only worry is that, as someone who preaches for good open field fights, we're gonna be spending lots of time in the middle of npcs. I'll only know when It's up though. High hopes.
    Last edited by Esegar; Jul 19 2012 at 05:21 PM.

F: Esegar (Arkenstone, formerly Meneldor)
    C: Tocu, Seroxat, Tylerdurdenn (Arkenstone) Alberigo, Flamenguista, Parasect (Crickhollow)

Audacity

In this season of Monster Play, Audacity is being extended out to 14 ranks which can be purchased normally, as well as a 15th rank that is only attainable via Relic control. The bonuses of Audacity are being redistributed such that ranks 1 through 6 now hold 1/3 of the maximum potency available, and ranks 7 through 14 hold the remaining 2/3.
    Shouldn't this be 13 ranks purchased and a 14th from the relics?

1 free rank + 12 ranks from armor (2 per piece x 6 pieces) = 13 ranks of audacity

Acquiring Audacity

For Freeps, the new gear grants 2 levels of Audacity instead of 1.
    For Creeps, ranks 2 through 6 of Audacity cost a total of 1125 Commendations (all Creeps start off with rank 1). Ranks 7 through 14 cost 6000 Commendations each.
    Shouldnt ranks 2-7 be cheap (these are the 6 ranks we can already buy at lvl 75)

Shouldnt it be ranks 8-13 (6 more ranks) that cost 6k commendations each?
    Last edited by Mystarr; Jul 19 2012 at 05:23 PM.
    Merridan - Burglar lvl 105 (Rank 12)
    Gormadan - Minstrel lvl 105 (Rank 4) : Traldan - Captain lvl 105 : Celebdan - Weaver (Rank 11)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyrion View Post
    Yeah, I just looked over the Commendations Dev Diary and there's nothing that mentions them resetting to 0.

Source: http://www.lotro.com/gameinfo/devdia...eveloper-diary
    Was just looking through that and other threads looks like it might have just been speculation in the discussion thread that i remember. Going to remove it from my post. Also sent out a pm to Sapience about it.

I much appreciate the changes about keeps/commandations

Only one thing:

------------------------------
    Stalker
    Disappear/Topple
    Cooldown reduced to 5 min.
    Sprint
    Cooldown reduced to 5 min.
    Enhanced Skill: Disappear
    Reduces cooldown by 2 min.
    Enhanced Skill: Sprint
    Reduces cooldown by 2 min.
    -------------------------------

Please, PLEASE, PLEASE! Don't do that...

Ettens on Evernight are already full of warg-gankers who hit single player as a group, appearing from nowhere, killing and then disappearing again or sprinting away at +200% speed when some freep-help arrives.... They "role play" honourless already in a good way.... They are really ruining pvp, don't let them chanche to make it even worse.
    [IMG]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/7236/wbj9.jpg[/IMG]

Yageer Silverscale - R7 Man Champion
    Oruam Ratto - R11 Orc Defiler

Quote Originally Posted by asearchforreason View Post
    With the old version "advanced", they were like legendary skills where if you didn't have them slotted, the skill was greyed out. Now they are "enhanced" skills where you can use the basic skill without having it traited but the "enhanced" version will give an additional effect if you use a trait slot. This offers more choices because skills that were previous no-brainers (i.e. slotting resilience for a reaver), now become more of a choice since you still get the basic version without using a trait slot. Would I rather slot enhanced resilience and get additional CC immunity or just keep the CC break of basic resilience and get the extra bleed from enhanced jagged cut?

I'm assuming they mean the trait will also now reduce curse skill inductions by 1 second. They're also getting an unspecified boost to DPS. Defilers just got a significant revamp earlier this year. I don't think they are going to get another major overhaul soon, nor do they really need one.
    You have mistaken defiler with "warg" or "weaver." Defilers have not been substantially revamped this year and they *do* need more meaningful changes than what has thus far been presented. I just *hope* that there will be more info released or more dev diaries on class changes and that this is just a brief synopsis on classes.
    ~*~Ryssawyn~*~ (RK)
    Acheros (LM) Glitzen (Guard)
    Snozzberries Defiler of great taste.

Deleted comment..
    Last edited by Teldra; Jul 19 2012 at 05:37 PM.

Sort of like, maybe, hear me out here, a map that shows who controls what points, from which you can deduce who's currently the strongest...?
    Not always a good indicator of levels on either side. Lot of times I'll go out and TR and TA will be blue, Lug, Isen and LY red and a large group of freeps will be camping OC. I have no desire to play my champ in that scenario so hopefully I would get lucky and have logged into my warg. If not then I'm screwed and can either fruitlessly search for greenie creeps pveing to kill or not pvp for a bit. Same holds true the other way. So yes, if you're going to put in a timer, have a better way to figure out which side I should be entering on.

By the way, a suggestion for wargs. Have HIPs and sprint cooldown reduced to 5 minutes and remove the enhanced ability. That way wargs can slot combat skill in its place and be a bit stronger and more able to stick around in the middle of a raid while not increasing the tendency of wargs to run from everything.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

If they are going to reset the commendations they better tell us about it or they will have some really ticked off players on there hands.

As for the changes to the landscape and the way the keeps and delving are going to work sounds like they are moving in the right direction. This should cut out the flipping of the map back and forth then logging for comms. It also gives good reason to hold areas under each sides control.

The changes to ranger/troll play also is a very good change. Numbers of players should not matter but the way the battle goes on the field should determine it.

But all these changes will not matter if balance is not corrected a lot. Lets hope they can balance it better for everyone but creeps need to make up a lot of ground.

So it appears unanimous among freeps, creeps and even wargs that the reduced cooldowns on disappear and sprint should NOT happen. Will no one stand up for the poor wargs? Let's keep pushing this point to make sure the devs understand.
    Freeps @ Dwarrowdelf: r10 Mini
    Creeps @ Dwarrowdelf: r11 Reaver, r10 Warg, r9 Defiler, r9 Spider, r8 WL, r8 BA

& did you really just relegate champions to the 1-button wonder pile with free remorseless? That is totally gonna make gameplay way more interesting.

To sum, a bunch of weird needless changes to PvE & a few minor skills added (read as: 1 per class)
    The much needed reaver revision
    Ridiculous buffs based around PvE (to reiterate)

So much filler, so few changes to look forward to. I eagerly await the freep changes and ensuing luls. At least the playerbase is consistently naive.
    Ranked 13th world-wide, Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by asearchforreason View Post
    So it appears unanimous among freeps, creeps and even wargs that the reduced cooldowns on disappear and sprint should NOT happen. Will no one stand up for the poor wargs? Let's keep pushing this point to make sure the devs understand.
    Ok, I will - let's wait with final judgement until:
    - we see whether that new stuff is somehow neutered by freep classes
    - we see what RoR Burgs are like... because it was always so fair with RaA :P
    - we see whether traiting full cowardice is going to gimp dps/defences significantly or not

*obligatory sarcastic line*
    Store trackers need to sell :P
    Last edited by Ferthcott; Jul 19 2012 at 05:52 PM.

Sounds great! Only to say that whit this update ( expansion ) I will start play PvMP!

This is all awesome in every way! Finally PVMP will be PVMP! and hopefully the start to being more fun/balance/epic/less laggy (fingers crossed)/and EPIC! Always thought PVMP should be more group/raid focused since no orcs in Middle-Earth ever fight by there self! and overall all the most epic battles in middle earth were in the form of groups/armies soo yeah

But one major and important question coming from someone who recently ranked to 7 in audacity... will we get out commies back? After spending 6K on each rank to only see the first 6 of my 7 ranks costing around about's 1K is taking the... Grimwood Lumbercamp -.-

P.S Reaver skills look nice
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e00000001654b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Phenylcyclinide View Post
    & did you really just relegate champions to the 1-button wonder pile with free remorseless? That is totally gonna make gameplay way more interesting.

To sum, a bunch of weird needless changes to PvE & a few minor skills added (read as: 1 per class)
    The much needed reaver revision
    Ridiculous buffs based around PvE (to reiterate)

So much filler, so few changes to look forward to. I eagerly await the freep changes and ensuing luls. At least the playerbase is consistently naive.
    With the old OD Champ set, I was practically hitting nothing but Remorseless anyway.

But yeah, being able to spam my hardest-hitting skill when it's on a 1.8s cooldown seems... odd? OP? I'm not even sure yet. If the thinking is that we'll run out of power spamming Remorseless, I wouldn't bet on it - I can maintain power indefinitely fighting a training dummy by myself hitting almost nothing but Swift Strike and Remorseless (our two most power-hungry skills) - I doubt that a Champ with full audacity power reduction and group support is going to even come close to running out of power.

If it does turn out to be OP, for the love of all things holy please fix it by some method other than increasing the cooldown on the skill. Don't let a PvP armor set bonus affect Champs that never even set foot in the Moors.

Im not sure why anyone expects to get a commendation refund. When the lvl cap increases its pretty much a given you will need to grind out new gear. You cant trade your old lvl 75 armor/jewelry/weapons in for new lvl 85s once... you have to go out and earn/grind new lvl 85 gear. Why would the lvl 85 moors gear be different? I am personally pleasantly surprised they are ven letting us trade in the lvl 75 gear for a discount on the lvl 85 gear. (Normally you just have to toss your out leveled gear so it wont waste vault space...)
    Last edited by Mystarr; Jul 20 2012 at 01:08 AM.
    Merridan - Burglar lvl 105 (Rank 12)
    Gormadan - Minstrel lvl 105 (Rank 4) : Traldan - Captain lvl 105 : Celebdan - Weaver (Rank 11)

maybe finally 12 Monsters have a chance vs 12 Freeps (if both have same skilllevel)

MAYBE!!

Any word to the racial traits yet? I feel very unhappy about the R8 Uruk Trait with +204 Phys/Tact Mastery...
    [center][b][size=3]Cecthrantir[/b], Warden[/size]
    == never surrendered, never retired ==
    [b][url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsRLsg3XfBg]Orthanc - Destroyer of Rings[/url][/center][/b]

Looks very interesting, hope it all pans out well.

I wish commendations were not shared between sides though.

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast