We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    Yes.

So wait and see what the freep changes are, and if the hunters aren't being brought up to be on par with the top flight freep classes, make your noise on THAT thread. Yes, if your class stays as is you are fodder for the buffed creeps. But if OUR classes stay as they are on live we are fodder for the other freep classes. Ask for hunter buffs, you guys need them. But this is our feedback thread and it should be kept on topic.
    Reluctantly, +1

There is a decent chance even with current hilarious undevelopment of hunters we will get significant enough buff from 85lv stat jump and some tinkering around DR alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Prancey View Post
    QFT!! Hunters will get their turn and MORE. This is ours.
    No one should have to "wait a turn", not hunters nor creeps. Broken is broken. Just because one thing may become fixed doesn't justify something else remaining broken.

Few know what is coming for hunters other than group DF. But we do know that the audacity sets still suck. Audacity sets are a 'moors mechanism, were brought up in the dev diary and so complaints about hunters as their armor will greatly contribute to their play either positively or negatively, belong here.

my question is this mainly, how is this evening out pvp? when it seems it's towards creeps ignoring 30% mitigation that they already somehwat do? and making our mits worthless? while they stay with mitigation...? so in general you are saying let them hit you harder, you can die, have fun creeps? what else are freeps getting any jewels? or anything that will give us a bonus? plus the rank 10 dagger for li's is it better then others?

Quote Originally Posted by ColorSpecs View Post
    No one should have to "wait a turn", not hunters nor creeps. Broken is broken. Just because one thing may become fixed doesn't justify something else remaining broken.

Few know what is coming for hunters other than group DF. But we do know that the audacity sets still suck. Audacity sets are a 'moors mechanism, were brought up in the dev diary and so complaints about hunters as their armor will greatly contribute to their play either positively or negatively, belong here.
    No. Hunters wait their turn. Creeps have waited LONG ENOUGH, but you wouldn't know that since you only started "playing" creepside as of recently.

I'M STILL WAITING ON A FIX FOR WL BUG. It's been over 5 YEARS now.

Nice changes overall.

- Reduced cost for creep skills/trait is GREAT

A few concerns:

- I am worried about spreading players out all over the map trying to defend/flip 9 locations. I forsee a lot of looking for the other side instead of fighting.

- Im concerned people are going to use the doors into the delving to escape fights. Please make them out of combat only.

- The outpost damage bonus is going to make the winning side even more powerful. This a VERY BAD thing.

- The single most important thing to keep PvMP fights going is to make both side feel like they have some chance. That means the most important thing I see in this dev diary is the troll/ranger 1/2/3 when the other side starts to flip the map. Ranger/Troll power needs to be HUGE to help the weak side get back into the fight. The last time I saw a ranger out it was really weak. Rangers (and trolls?) probably need to be MUCH stronger.

- 3 min cds on escape skills for wargs is way too low. This means a warg can have an escape skill up once every 90s on average... It should be 7 mins for normal versions and 5mins for enhanced versions. THat is PLENTY of escape power.

- The burgs "unseen" armor 5 set bonus is too powerful for PVE. It makes all other PVE armor for burgs irrelevant. PvMP armor should not be better than the PvE armor for PvE

- Please give us a large 1 v 1 area free of the outpost bonuses where Plains outpost used to be. (Or maybe just make the delving a "buff free" zone?)
    Last edited by Mystarr; Jul 19 2012 at 04:10 PM.
    Merridan - Burglar lvl 105 (Rank 12)
    Gormadan - Minstrel lvl 105 (Rank 4) : Traldan - Captain lvl 105 : Celebdan - Weaver (Rank 11)

Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    By the way, if there's a timer on flipping put in place, we need some way to figure out which side has #s before ever heading out to the Moors.
    Sort of like, maybe, hear me out here, a map that shows who controls what points, from which you can deduce who's currently the strongest...?

Quote Originally Posted by azpbxguy View Post
    2. Will the expansion need to be purchased to see the full changes in the Moors?

4. What's actually being revised about the Defiler's skill "Fast Lob?" It's already a 1 sec reduction. Is it the addition of the curses to the mix?

5. Any chance we can see the proposed new map configuration?
    2. No. Never has, never will be. They can't gate the only PvP zone on an xpac purchase.

4. Sounds like just the Curse addition.

5. JW mentioned a future post showing the Moors LI cosmetics, so perhaps that will include a map? *HINT*JW*HINT*
    Arda Shrugged:Elendilstone

Quote Originally Posted by RainsLegacy View Post
    what else are freeps getting any jewels? or anything that will give us a bonus? plus the rank 10 dagger for li's is it better then others?
    I thought the main thing about PvP LI was "you don't have to grind frikkin Tuck/Gondamon anymore". After RoI people who actually liked PvP showed up in Moors even pre-cap and then, after hitting 75 - with 3rd agers. Now they will be getting insta-2nd ager, long before most PvE-only freeps win 345th roll. So it doesn't need to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Louvre View Post
    You have to understand that this is ALL we get .

Freeps in the other hand , will have dev diary after dev diary , updates here , patches there ...

But for creeps , most probably this is it until next big update .

So drop the self centered attitude , and be patient like we've been for so many years .
    Not sure if you know me but been creeping since the moors opened and I know what creeps have been through. I get they need help. Here is my problem changes are made by a dev to dev basis in PVE. This leads to crazy imbalances in PVP. That is why we have FotM toons all the time. NO ONE TALKS enough to each other to understand changes made here imbalance play there. So before you WE me I have been there and understand. My toon is a BA been at 9 since before Moria... I could easily jump back on him and make my life very easy. I like playing the underdog, so that is why I went freepside. Those who play on E know me and I mean it when I say I am glad creeps are getting this, but again the devs are not talking to each other. There are some very big flaws I have seen that will make things for my hunter even worse than they are now. If I could trust the devs to watch out for each class I wouldn't be here, but like I told another poster I will now shut up and wait and see.

Tydalmir

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffor View Post
    In other words they would be battling for control of these spots instead of running around looking for empty, undefended keeps to flip. Sounds like a plan.
    Debatable, there's too many points to defend.
    [SIZE=2][FONT=arial][SIZE=2]Neen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][B][EU][/B][/SIZE] Eldar
    [URL="http://themellowship.com"][COLOR=#ffff00]The Mellowship[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Neen_Eldar View Post
    Not if there is a warning mechanism alerting the entire Moors when one of the keeps is under attack.

These changes look very promising and I love the changes the Ettenmoors is getting. On a side note I just have one question about a War-Leader trait that wasnt in the diary.

Q-If Banner of Terror/Horror are being reduced to 5 minute cooldowns what will become of the Lead the Charge class trait that currently lowers their cooldown to 5 minutes?

Shield bash FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Krazything; Jul 19 2012 at 04:38 PM.

Outpost bugs

Will the current bug (created with U6), where Outpost CGs/Tyrants bug out during combat, be fixed by the time RoR launches? Currently, any player can simply kite until the CG/Tyrant bugs out then proceed to kill it at his/her leisure. The bugged out CG/Tyrant will no longer attack, cannot be reset, but still takes damage and will keep the player stuck in combat until it is killed or the player dies. It's been /bugged numerous times since U6, but still has not been resolved.

Also will Outposts become more difficult to capture with their new importance? Currently almost every class (except possibly reavers and hunters) can capture an Outpost solo, even without it bugging out. Capturing an outpost provides little challenge on a flayer warg, and is a joke for a WS Mini. A shield warden can probably capture it while AFK.

Basically keep defenders (especially Tyrants/Chieftains) are in need of a significant health/damage upgrade.

No. Hunters wait their turn. Creeps have waited LONG ENOUGH, but you wouldn't know that since you only started "playing" creepside as of recently.

No I wouldn't. I didn't start playing creepside until they became the underpowered side. Maybe this will push them back up again, though it may be instead you discover that no amount of buffs will help against bad tactics and unimaginative gameplay which will only bring you right back here seeking more buffs or freep nerfs.

If you want hunters to remain creep food, I understand that perspective. Coming from you and some of the others its no surprise and hopefully creep fears of hunters actually being brought up to par (read: plz don't take meh ez infamy awayzzzz) is enough evidence alone to convince turbine they need changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Neen_Eldar View Post
    So what you are saying is that it might be useful for each side to have multiple groups, spread out across the Moors and working together in order to protect multiple, strategic locations? Sounds like a plan.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffor View Post
    So what you are saying is that it might be useful for each side to have multiple groups, spread out across the Moors and working together in order to protect multiple, strategic locations? Sounds like a plan.
    Sounds like an absolutely amazing plan, using my server as an example, it will not happen in a million years.
    Last edited by Neen_Eldar; Jul 19 2012 at 04:19 PM.
    [SIZE=2][FONT=arial][SIZE=2]Neen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][B][EU][/B][/SIZE] Eldar
    [URL="http://themellowship.com"][COLOR=#ffff00]The Mellowship[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE]

Freeps always had to get new gear with the level cap raise. The new season mechanic does not introduce new gear grinding since you always had to do it to start with.

I agree healing should give some kind of reward. Right now solo healers, and healing players not in your group is just a waste of time. If you do the work then you should get something in return just as other players do.

For rez:

A way to do this is add a buff to all healers when ever someone dies from a monster player within say 50 meters of you. You benefit from the buff when you rez someone. Have the buff lasts for around 1 minute, and gives you around 10 commendations and infamy/renown.

* Could just add a buff to the person who dies, and who ever rezzes them get the reward. Have the buff last around 1 minute, and require the death to be from a monster player.

Have it require the person not be in your group, and have the commendations and infamy/renown come out of thin air. *do not try and some how take it out of player kill points*

For heals:

A way to do this is add a buff to the person you are healing. Have the buff track how much you heal them for, and how much damage they are receiving. If you heal them for more damage then they receive then you get the reward. Have the reward be around 10 commendations and infamy/renown. Have the damage counter only count from monster players. Add a minimum amount you need to heal them for also (around 50% there health).

Have it require the person not be in your group, and have the commendations and infamy/renown come out of thin air. *do not try and some how take it out of player kill points*

*Note that the above is centered around preventing exploitation, and if they do exploit it will be for a lot less points than if you just did regular kills you currently can do.*

Is the way point deal a portal? If so wouldn't this be highly exploited to avoid getting killed since it does not prevent in-combat players from entering. This is all based on if a loading screen is involved.
    Last edited by Patrickwg; Jul 19 2012 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrickwg View Post
    It looks like some people forgot that commendations reset to 0 when the new season starts. So there is no saving them up before ror to buy ror updated stuff. Also freeps always had to get new gear with the level cap raise. The new season mechanic does not introduce new gear grinding since you always had to do it to start with.
    Whoa! Do you have a link on that? I don't recall ever reading that in either the U6 developer diary, nor this one. I had thought the "seasonal" thing was more that the commendations were capped at 10000. I could be wrong.

If they reset to zero, that's an outrage. I only have 2 audacity, and am about 1500 commendations short of audacity 3. I don't even know if I'll get the 1500 before Rohan launches, simply because I'm such a casual player. But one thing's for sure: You'll see me buying giant stacks of commendation pots before the reset goes through.

Quote Originally Posted by ColorSpecs View Post
    No I wouldn't. I didn't start playing creepside until they became the underpowered side. Maybe this will push them back up again, though it may be instead you discover that no amount of buffs will help against bad tactics and unimaginative gameplay which will only bring you right back here seeking more buffs or freep nerfs.

If you want hunters to remain creep food, I understand that perspective. Coming from you and some of the others its no surprise and hopefully creep fears of hunters actually being brought up to par (read: plz don't take meh ez infamy awayzzzz) is enough evidence alone to convince turbine they need changes.
    You said you came to creepside after your hunter was "Nerfed" to play THE WARG. Umm, lol?

Take some tips from Yelk, Daymen etc. They are VERY GOOD hunters who blow creeps up even if they get ambushed.

And freep changes have not been released yet, so calm down. We've been seeing this for years where Creep Dev diary would be released and freeps would be crying all over the forums asking for nerfs without even knowing what they're getting.

And this thread is about creeps. Not hunters.

http://forums.lotro.com/forumdisplay.php?9-Hunters <- Ask for hunter buffs here.

And easy infamy? Lol, yeah okay. You clearly don't know me. If I wanted an iWin button, I wouldn't be playing MY REAVER.

I want fun, 20 minute+ long RvR fights where both sides are winning and dying, not where one side is constantly getting &&&&& no matter what. Perhaps these new changes might fix/help that.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullets View Post
    Whoa! Do you have a link on that? I don't recall ever reading that in either the U6 developer diary, nor this one. I had thought the "seasonal" thing was more that the commendations were capped at 10000. I could be wrong.

If they reset to zero, that's an outrage. I only have 2 audacity, and am about 1500 commendations short of audacity 3. I don't even know if I'll get the 1500 before Rohan launches, simply because I'm such a casual player. But one thing's for sure: You'll see me buying giant stacks of commendation pots before the reset goes through.
    It's unlikely. If there was a Comm reset with new season, what would be the purpose of Comm Cap in the first place? To prevent people from stacking Comms... before they rank? It would be consistent with their general idea, but also resembling killing a fly by carpet bombing.

And this thread is about creeps. Not hunters.
    Actually, this thread is about Ettenmoors :P

We've been seeing this for years where Creep Dev diary would be released and freeps would be crying all over the forums asking for nerfs without even knowing what they're getting.
    Well, in this case it is getting similar, last *significant* diary for hunters appeared a year-ish ago and brought so many half - ... um... bummed changes you can still hear echoes of that in many threads. I don't think it's "freep envy", more like "dev attention envy" at this point.
    Last edited by Ferthcott; Jul 19 2012 at 04:39 PM.

Although you all are right that this probably isn't the thread for Hunter change discussions, I don't see where you're getting that this is a creeps-only dev diary discussion. It's posted in Official Discussion, not Monster Play, and the dev diary addresses both sides rather equally.

If one were inclined to quibble, one could point out that there have been monster play-focused dev diaries* posted more recently than any Hunter dev diaries.

*And I don't mean this particular dev diary.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestache View Post
    Although you all are right that this probably isn't the thread for Hunter change discussions, I don't see where you're getting that this is a creeps-only dev diary discussion. It's posted in Official Discussion, not Monster Play, and the dev diary addresses both sides rather equally.

If one were inclined to quibble, one could point out that there have been monster play-focused dev diaries* posted more recently than any Hunter dev diaries.

*And I don't mean this particular dev diary.
    I'm just saying that there's already being calls for nerfs to creeps here(Yet again...) without any public knowledge of what freepside is getting, but from what I'm hearing already, freeps do not need to worry, as usual.

Some nice changes, but a thing that really should be addressed

1v1s is a big thing for many moors people, it's a fun aspect of the game but with the various buffs floating around they would become very unbalanced so a small area that is unaffected by those buffs would be very much welcome, if it's a bit hidden like the old cm was would be cool too, but less zone borders to reduce skill lag bug thing pls XD

Quote Originally Posted by Ferthcott View Post
    It's unlikely. If there was a Comm reset with new season, what would be the purpose of Comm Cap in the first place? To prevent people from stacking Comms... before they rank? It would be consistent with their general idea, but also resembling killing a fly by carpet bombing.
    Okay, glad to know I'm not crazy and didn't just miss something. I agree. It would be nonsensical to have a reset to 0 every season AND a cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullets View Post

looking for it now

might be just a mix up but i thought a dev posted about it before

To the QQ from all sides above....seems these changes are pushing the moors (even moreso then now) into group/raid zone (ie large map control bonuses)....making hunter (and any class for that matter) 1v1 balance even more irrelevant /shrug.

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast