We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
    audacity has had its trial period and you know what, its over.

I agree that we need to turn back to an abundance of choice in terms of armour. There was a time we could really customize ourselves, up to a point where we could even base some of this choice on style/ look of the armour. Now everybody wears the same pretty much (or aims for the same). On top of this everybody has audacity as well.

Basically we are slowly being turned into Grind-Clones. Grind-Clones cause serious boringness.

I like the excitment of trying something new and different!

They have they exact same intention- arbitrary grind before you can actually enjoy content.
    Only if by enjoy content you mean the ability to beat everyone in the Moors because I have found plenty of enjoyment in the Moors without full audacity. Pre-update I purposely nerfed my mini and never got full audacity, the best jewelery or the best legacies on my LIs and I had plenty of fun (still have pretty bad jewelery and legacies). I had full audacity on my champ but also never worried much about the best jewelery, relics, legacies, etc. Never had 1st Ages because I didn't feel like PvEing that much. All of these things I lacked were things other people would swear they needed to enjoy the Moors and it's all mentality.

Thinking you need full audacity before you can enjoy the Moors is the same mentality as thinking you need to join raids, burn all your CDs in 1 on 1s or star hug to have fun. It's only getting enjoyment from face rolling and not from trying to improve your skills and test yourself against the odds. Thinking you need full audacity to compete is a crutch.

Comms are easy to get. Super easy. The first bit of audacity is face roll easy to get on freepside or creepside both and you can easily compete then. Every class but hunters (and captains to a certain extent) can easily compete without raiding out there even without full audacity, and the best hunters all don't seem to use audacity anyway. I solo on my r4 reaver without full audacity or p2w skills and I've gotten plenty of kills.

It's all mentality. If you expect to go out and be underpowered and at a disadvantage you will play that way, join raids and be the typical face rolling freep/creep raid baby which infests the Moors and no amount of audacity is going to change that mentality.
    Last edited by avengingbananaslug; Dec 20 2012 at 01:22 PM.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

We really need a longer lock-out time between side swaps. Something like 30min or 1 hour.

Even though the majority of self-farming has slowed (at least on my server it seems) as the freeps and creeps are at or near max out on Audacity, the side swapping is still an issue.

It's nice for folks to swap out sides to help balance the fights, but it is also used as another "spy bot" mechanism to learn who, what and where the other side is.

Although, there is not much that can be done about 2 boxers or dual loggers, at least this one could be short circuited by an adjustment to side swapping.

Also, perhaps something can be done about auto-flipping keeps too? On our server, when TR flips to creepside, the freeps just log out. They won't play if they don't own the map. They're pretty nice about leaving us Lugz for the Rez there, and maybe 1 OP. The Freeps just want to run GV-TR with return via Candy Mountain or GV. That or they won't play.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

I thought that the changes to RoR PVP that allowed buffs and debuffs to count towards infamy and comms. My defiler earns them for healing and debuffing.

However, I recently was playing my warg and noticed that I didn't receive anything if I used the following: Howl of Unnerving and Shadow Pack (warg pee) while in Shadow Stance.

Is this WAI?
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

It'd be ambitious, but a new server with open-world PvP would be awesome.
    Give Me Southfarthing or Give Me Death, Turbine.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e01000027fa65/signature.png]Blagrogat[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Shryakaw View Post
    It'd be ambitious, but a new server with open-world PvP would be awesome.
    Don't think that would suit Lotro. Servers are personal ie. we all have our personal favourites we like to kill. Plus if yer a creep
    you like killing your freep kinnies and vice versa. If we did open world it'd be like GW2. Megga zerg with biggest numbers winning. And really boring...
    Stop That! It's extremely silly!

I play as creep and freep with a lot of chars, soloing or making duo or trio with a burglar warg and spider or raiding with warden, rk, defiler and wl.

As a creep i see now freeps doing more dps probabily bg runs over and over getting symbols, crystals and jewls.
    But thats ok, pvp r more balanced.

As a freep i have few points.
    First is the lag, freeps have so much lag. When a craid found a fraid all screen freezes for every freep, i have a good computer with corei7, 12gb ddr 3, radeon hd 6970 (playing all on max but on pvp i put low and disable effects) and my connection is a 50mb and i can make downloads at 3mb/s. But i have this amazing lag as freep and i made a test on this weekend. I got a spider on friends account and loged on my laptop (dell inspiron 15r) and i logged my warden on my PC. My warden was on freep raid (Tarsolo leadin) and spider was on creep raid (Chilicheese leadin).
    When booth raids start fight near old ec on xroads the screen of freep side got complete freeze for 5~7 seconds and when all come back screen still doing little freezes of 1 second for 30~40 seconds. At creep side, just got a little 1~2 seconds of freeze when we meet and just this. Just remember, same connection, PC have better hardware then my laptop.

Second is defilers flies, just think, creeps r more resistant then freeps when we find a raid with 4 or 5 defilers, they just need to cast flies and blight and resist... kiting, bubles, heals over time, hips, burrows... just w8 for freeps power go away.. this flies r to much op need see this.4 or 5 flies can take over all power of a fraid in 1 minute.
    "Do or Do Not, There is No Try."
    Yoda.

Quote Originally Posted by Kafta View Post
    I play as creep and freep with a lot of chars, soloing or making duo or trio with a burglar warg and spider or raiding with When booth raids start fight near old ec on xroads the screen of freep side got complete freeze for 5~7 seconds and when all come back screen still doing little freezes of 1 second for 30~40 seconds. At creep side, just got a little 1~2 seconds of freeze when we meet and just this. Just remember, same connection, PC have better hardware then my laptop.

Second is defilers flies, just think, creeps r more resistant then freeps when we find a raid with 4 or 5 defilers, they just need to cast flies and blight and resist... kiting, bubles, heals over time, hips, burrows... just w8 for freeps power go away.. this flies r to much op need see this.4 or 5 flies can take over all power of a fraid in 1 minute.
    Lag has always been a pain to PvP, its probably the one of the main reasons why people don't bother with the Ettens cos they get so much in raids. It used to be 'server boundaries; ie LC, TA and TR. Now for some reason it seems freeps are more prone to it. Creeps still get it but it doesnt seem as serious, but it can still be annoying.

Second, your spot on with the defiler power drain. Seems this is another reason why we don't get many freep raids , its got nothing to do with the OP flipping. You got heal anybody in yer raid when you got no power! Creeps had the same problem with the RoI update. We couldn't drain any and were hitting raids where we couldnt do the freeps ANY damage. Looks like its gone too far now, perhaps a little tweak would sort it. Maybe a smaller time....

I only have one issue, fix the damn skill lag turbine.

Restart the servers, do something.
    Snowbourn - Commander Shakbasher - Lieutenant Glurf

Warriors of The Great Eye

Lag and stupid audacity gating. Massive class imbalance - I got to r4 in one day of minstrel as opposed to 2 weeks of hunter...
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

When it rains on the moors, it pours. It pours loot. Lots of loot. At least creepside. I have at least 400 footman's badges and 200 elf ears....

While there is an over abundance of elf ears, other stuff for map turn-ins remains the same old, "OH LOOK A LOG!"

Loot translates to only a few comms because of CDs on the turn in quests. There's always the vendor for it, but as there really isn't a gold sink creepside, I will be testing out the max limit on gold there too.

Comm themselves are not too much of a problem but you see a lot of "Oh Oh, Gotta map to grams, comms are maxed out again."

Maybe we can have a wallet upgrade/currency unlock like freepside? Or some exchange or barter item for the excess? How about
    • 1,000 footsman's badges for 1 mini-sigil. 1,000 mini-sigils for 1 sigil
    • 10,000 comms for 1 mini-comm-sigil 100,000 mini-comm-sigil for 1 sigil.
    • 10 gold for 1 mini-gold-sigil 10,000 mini-gold-sigil for 1 sigil

I know you cant add a mail for creeps or a storage BUT
    Make quest items stack up to 500 at least

And tracks up to 100

[Tangaar Captain R 7][Barukhazad Minstrel R 9]

Quote Originally Posted by Tangaar View Post
    I know you cant add a mail for creeps or a storage
    sure they could, they just dont want to invest time(=money) in it
    [LEFT][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/27218010000154c0f/signature.png]Gnarburz[/charsig]"Aber ich nehme mir jetzt mal einen Stuhl und warte auf den ersten Post a la MPs können ihre Klassen nicht spielen, Freeps sind nur so gut weil sie die besseren Menschen sind und Grün wählen :D" (Kebel) [/LEFT]

Couldn't we just buy comms for gold? I've got 87 gold and stacks of old cack thats useless! 300 comms for a buff pot is ridiculous too, when all the freeps can buy store 'runaway' and 'antistun' stuff.
    Last edited by Gutterat; Jan 21 2013 at 06:07 AM.

Angry Lag glorious lag

well this is probably not the right place for this and im sure turbine won't read this but ffs lag is getting worse in the moors i got one skill off in a 2 min fight earlier, its nothing to do with my connection/pc blar blar ... its server end really turbine you sell a produce and its faulty, well ive had enough im refusing to spend any more money on this game e.g store, updates etc and they know i spend a fare amount. I used to love this game pvp and pve but as im sure many people feel the same way, damn well sort it out

Mark out of 10 deffo 2 at the mo also would never recomend this game to anyone

U10 like most updates has screwed the Ettens yet again. With the new tacticals Loremasters are the new OP class. My warg got 2 shotted by a mini yesterday as well! So now the OP pendulum swings back in freepside. We've only just started to get more action now freeps have learnt how to combat us from the last update. Talking to most of creepside looks like they've just waiting for the first wave of godmoders then thy'll probably give up and find something else to play.
    Last edited by Gutterat; Mar 13 2013 at 06:49 AM.

Thumbs up

I'm not qualified to address balancing creeps/freeps, and it seems like a few thousand people are ahead of me in that line. I will say only that Turbine should fully support their F2P platform, in other words everything should be able to be bought in pieces for those of us who don't wish to pay the monthly fee. As I go more years into the F2P system, I have found that I have bought and unlocked almost every part of the game I want to utilize. Except for the Ettenmoors, my only three options are instantly die on a rank one warg, pay the subscription, or don't PVP at all. There should be an option for our freeps to enter the Moors with a Moors pass, something that could cost (whatever amount of TP is appropriate, maybe 100 per month) for a temporary permission to travel to the Moors on that freep or account-wide freep characters (depending on the prices of course).

Uninstalling due to imbalance

When I started LOTRO, I knew it wasn't a 'perfect' game. When I began pvping, I KNEW there'd always be some imbalance due to you devs just not caring. Which still strikes me as odd. Games flourish or sink into obscurity based on whether they have 'good' PvP.
    Most I know don't care half as much about end game PvE as they do PvP. And yet here, on lotro, I find the WORSE neglect to that important aspect of MMOs.

before ROI, things were imbalanced, but one could still work within that system to have fun. Mini pops a bubble, stun it off. BA can't solo most classes, ok, run in a small group. After ROI, things were worse. Champ bubbles. Really? Why? They're melee dps, not tanks. Minis able to heal and dps at the same time, and well? In every other game, you can either heal well and do poor dps, or you dps well and do poor healing. This is the first I've seen where a class can do both.
    RoR, they said creeps were OP. Maybe creeps were (slightly) for a little while. In my mind, it was as balanced as it's ever been. Why people get upset that a creep can solo a freep is beyond me. But now? These last few updates. Every single one is a BOOST to freeps. Freeps who have already been so OP it's crazy. Boost, boost, boost.
    If you're going to boost freeps each time....make damn sure you boost creeps too.
    You simply cannot solo a freep now. Unless they're a hunter.
    minis outheal all dmg. Runies too. Wardens? lmao. Godmode. 6 creeps vs one warden, the defis couldn't out heal his dots, and all 6 couldn't get past his self heals. Tanked all 6 for 5mins with full health whole time till others showed up and killed the creeps. Ridiculous.
    I see 1v1ers, but the freeps, in order to keep it somewhat fair, don't use half their skills. Which to me makes 1v1 pointless if it isn't 'all out'.
    Now they've added jewelry that does damage....

I've put a lot of money into LOTRO over the years. Bought collector editions of expansions. I've been loyal, suggesting the game to anyone I met in other games. But I've had enough. PvP isn't fun anymore. We're either punching bags for freeps, or we have to form a raid just to kill a small group of them. Zerging doesn't interest me. It's why I uninstalled GW2.
    I'm uninstalling. And while I'm sure most will say, 'goodbye and good riddance', being diehard supporters or diehard freeps, I just want the devs to know why they'll no longer be making money off me. I want them to know why they lost me, and how they've failed me.
    The PvE in this game is ALL grind. Nothing fun there either anymore. And the PvP is so one sided it makes a creep player feel masochistic for even logging on.
    I LOVE a challenge, but am also a realist. On my black arrow with only one self heal, one defensive cd that only helps against melee and ranged, not tactical, I know I can't burn through a mini. I know I can't burn through a warden, runie, LM, or anything other than a hunter and a burglar. And when there's no chance, there's no fun. A 5 year old child can play these freep classes and dominate. Takes absolutely NO skill, just patience enough to get leveled and geared.

My advice to the devs. Nerf freep self heals HARD. make it so LMs, minis, and runies can either heal or dps....not both. Boost creeps. Give defilers the same dps as LMs. Give War leaders the same dps as minis. Give wargs the disappears, the evades burgs have, with their dps. give BAs more defense against tactical, since all the FOTM classes are exactly that anymore. Boost creeps, nerf freeps until both sides have an even amount of dps, but more importantly, an even amount of healing. Do this and you'll keep players from going to other games. Don't? and slowly but surely you'll lose all the real PvPers. And with them goes half your money.

I'm gone. Won't be coming back. Not unless you devs realize something. We are your employers. We pay your salary. And not just some of us, ALL of us. Make it a priority to keep your PvPers happy.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ursaking View Post
    When I started LOTRO, I knew it wasn't a 'perfect' game. When I began pvping, I KNEW there'd always be some imbalance due to you devs just not caring. Which still strikes me as odd. Games flourish or sink into obscurity based on whether they have 'good' PvP.
    Most I know don't care half as much about end game PvE as they do PvP. And yet here, on lotro, I find the WORSE neglect to that important aspect of MMOs.

before ROI, things were imbalanced, but one could still work within that system to have fun. Mini pops a bubble, stun it off. BA can't solo most classes, ok, run in a small group. After ROI, things were worse. Champ bubbles. Really? Why? They're melee dps, not tanks. Minis able to heal and dps at the same time, and well? In every other game, you can either heal well and do poor dps, or you dps well and do poor healing. This is the first I've seen where a class can do both.
    RoR, they said creeps were OP. Maybe creeps were (slightly) for a little while. In my mind, it was as balanced as it's ever been. Why people get upset that a creep can solo a freep is beyond me. But now? These last few updates. Every single one is a BOOST to freeps. Freeps who have already been so OP it's crazy. Boost, boost, boost.
    If you're going to boost freeps each time....make damn sure you boost creeps too.
    You simply cannot solo a freep now. Unless they're a hunter.
    minis outheal all dmg. Runies too. Wardens? lmao. Godmode. 6 creeps vs one warden, the defis couldn't out heal his dots, and all 6 couldn't get past his self heals. Tanked all 6 for 5mins with full health whole time till others showed up and killed the creeps. Ridiculous.
    I see 1v1ers, but the freeps, in order to keep it somewhat fair, don't use half their skills. Which to me makes 1v1 pointless if it isn't 'all out'.
    Now they've added jewelry that does damage....

I've put a lot of money into LOTRO over the years. Bought collector editions of expansions. I've been loyal, suggesting the game to anyone I met in other games. But I've had enough. PvP isn't fun anymore. We're either punching bags for freeps, or we have to form a raid just to kill a small group of them. Zerging doesn't interest me. It's why I uninstalled GW2.
    I'm uninstalling. And while I'm sure most will say, 'goodbye and good riddance', being diehard supporters or diehard freeps, I just want the devs to know why they'll no longer be making money off me. I want them to know why they lost me, and how they've failed me.
    The PvE in this game is ALL grind. Nothing fun there either anymore. And the PvP is so one sided it makes a creep player feel masochistic for even logging on.
    I LOVE a challenge, but am also a realist. On my black arrow with only one self heal, one defensive cd that only helps against melee and ranged, not tactical, I know I can't burn through a mini. I know I can't burn through a warden, runie, LM, or anything other than a hunter and a burglar. And when there's no chance, there's no fun. A 5 year old child can play these freep classes and dominate. Takes absolutely NO skill, just patience enough to get leveled and geared.

My advice to the devs. Nerf freep self heals HARD. make it so LMs, minis, and runies can either heal or dps....not both. Boost creeps. Give defilers the same dps as LMs. Give War leaders the same dps as minis. Give wargs the disappears, the evades burgs have, with their dps. give BAs more defense against tactical, since all the FOTM classes are exactly that anymore. Boost creeps, nerf freeps until both sides have an even amount of dps, but more importantly, an even amount of healing. Do this and you'll keep players from going to other games. Don't? and slowly but surely you'll lose all the real PvPers. And with them goes half your money.

I'm gone. Won't be coming back. Not unless you devs realize something. We are your employers. We pay your salary. And not just some of us, ALL of us. Make it a priority to keep your PvPers happy.
    ...and in that case nerf the health of creeps so they dont run around with 25-30k morale, but have as much as Mini's, LM's and RK's = 8k!

Quote Originally Posted by Glompf View Post
    ...and in that case nerf the health of creeps so they dont run around with 25-30k morale, but have as much as Mini's, LM's and RK's = 8k!
    minstrels on my server have like 12-13k....what the hell is happening in your server..

[Tangaar Captain R 7][Barukhazad Minstrel R 9]

Quote Originally Posted by Tangaar View Post
    minstrels on my server have like 12-13k....what the hell is happening in your server..
    I can say too that the "squishies" on my server run around at 12-13k.... if they are any good that is. And lets be honest, if you are no good, you are warg fodder anyway.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/202240000002126b0/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

A few days ago, I was on my LM freepside playing with a well known RK. I noticed that I had more moral than he did. I was stunned. In the past, I knew that this player would can could out do most freeps and here I was with more moral!

I asked him, what had changed. He told me, since the update, he's swapped moral for Fate and Crit. My fate and crit were 1/2 of his. He didn't lose that much moral overall and could still swing a mean EC (epic conclusion).

. Moral Fate Crit
    Mine: 11309 409 4511
    His: 10247 1169 10210

Moral is not always an indicator. The Moors are still broken though.

One thing that annoys me alot as a creep. Something that perhaps isn't high on the piority status but something that would benefit all creeps who have a hard enough starting curve.

Please revamp the following quests. Perhaps more can be added but these REALLY need to be revamped.

Thistledown hides. Change from 20 to 5. Yes, five. These are 40k a piece. For those who need the maps this is one of the few quests. Some of us are lucky enough to have good daily groups farming them but not all servers share this fate. Five or even 10 would be a massive help to those who need quests.

Norbog Chittins. Again, reduce from 20 to 10. These are a pain to farm and for some reason have higher mitigations then normal mobs making them harder to kill.

Grimwood Heartwood. 20 to 10. These are dropped from Leafcullers/Log pickups but that is not a guarantee. A largely guaranteed mob that drops them is the trees whom like Thistledowns have 40k health.

Slaying foes at X keep. Correct me if wrong but is this if the player gets a KB on a freep in that keep? If so, this needs to be addressed. 10 could be reduced to 7 or 5. I've rarely completed that quest. If i'm wrong and its just for contributing then it can be kept if not increased.

As you can see the main piority is to reduce certain quests to make them easier. I can see the responses that argue I'm trying to make it too easy. But trust me, killing 20+ thistledowns on a low-pop etten server like Laurelin, this is painful. Sure, we can do other quests. But their is around 5 other quests at max. One being Kill 10 freeps at X keep. 4 a day (and thats assuming you can get all the other items, stuff like goldhead,An and the eagle aren't something you can do everyday unless on a populated server). I want to keep those hard quests but not the grind quests. Please, make it reduced to give us an easier time. 20 thistledowns or 20 norbogs is just too much for some players.

All most of us want is balance, or at least semi-balance. Not the atrocities known as ROI and u10 ROR. Why can 3 freeps take out a group of 6 creeps? Why can a loremaster run around in circles, spam water lore, and not die while 3 mid to high rank creeps are beating on him? Why can a mini run around dealing insane dps while fully healing himself or others? It's like a Runekeeper without an attunement bar. Why can freeps one shot creeps!? (It was on the Ridiculous Crits page in the PvMP Forums. 17k crit on a 14k morale warg.)

This game's PvP is a disgrace. I could understand if they were actually trying. Turbine could make it much better if they actually cared.

I've seen better forum PvP than in game PvP.
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

Slaying foes at X keep. Correct me if wrong but is this if the player gets a KB on a freep in that keep? If so, this needs to be addressed. 10 could be reduced to 7 or 5. I've rarely completed that quest. If i'm wrong and its just for contributing then it can be kept if not increased.
    This is getting the KB on a player while within "range" of the named keep. I don't think I've completed any (?) either. I have lots of (1 of 10) types in these quests and at least on Freepside, I've deleted some of these during big expansion updates when I needed quest space.

Loads of these PVE quests are just "a waste". If you don't get in your "dailies" then you miss out, and sometimes it's a "doing dailies vs doing PVP" option. If you need maps, dailies are going to win.

Also, I was doing the Freep Daily in Grothum.... I'd never done it before and unless a creep shows up, you might as well farm stuff outside the moors instead.

Once upon a time, iirc, there was a statement that PVE was going to be removed from the moors. I think it's worse than ever now. Last night, when the anniversary came on, creepside was just one be slug-farm-fest. PVEing anything that could drop a token. I left the freeps to farm the back door of TR and went looking for slugs too.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast