We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
    Scorp kind of sad that she has to grind moors to get to rank 10 for a SA 85. I wished that they could make it to where we can chose between a 85 SA bridle or 85 SA symbol instead.
    “A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.” -???

Turbine PvP is currently on a lot of parts literally ruined.
    It is so bad that players cannot bear the changes and dont Pvp and we never had such a bad situation at least on the servers i play ever.
    Please read thoroughly though the Monsterplay forum because this isnt just about dps/survivability the problem lies in the renown/infamy system which is non-bearable.

With regards
    Check Check I am a melody ;D
    Main on Eldar: Calestis Dea rank 10 Burglar
    Main on Vanyar: Huorias rank 10 Burglar

Quote Originally Posted by Huorian View Post
    Turbine PvP is currently on a lot of parts literally ruined.
    It is so bad that players cannot bear the changes and dont Pvp and we never had such a bad situation at least on the servers i play ever.
    Please read thoroughly though the Monsterplay forum because this isnt just about dps/survivability the problem lies in the renown/infamy system which is non-bearable.

With regards
    This isn't actually true. PvP has been hit seriously by the inbalance in the game over the last few years for creeps, so many mobs have left and are playing another game. The infamy/survivability sytem has now been sorted, but IMHO its a little late....
    Last edited by Gutterat; Nov 03 2012 at 01:37 AM.
    Stop That! It's extremely silly!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
    I think this is an excellent summary of the defiler. A couple thoughts in response:

* Blight is a source of dps for us and it's currently bugged, so that should help when it's fixed.

* Constant pain is a really fun new skill but the dps is laughable. If we are going to flash neon with a channeled skill that screams to be interrupted, it should be important. Blessing of darkness improvement is nice and worth freeps being forced to interrupt, constant pain should be as important.

* I do not want flies power drain increased. Fights that result in no power for one side are less fun. Still believe that the plan for flies should be as pets, similar to spider hatchlings.

* Some of the dps/buff issues could be solved by making a lot of our traits into skills. Things like improved plague gourd, etc., should all be rank skills, not left as unslotted traits because we have no room to trait enough.

* As was suggested by Bizarre in the creep forum, relentless should be our race skill instead of dying rage.

But again, the post above is a good summary and has good suggestions, /signed on.
    Blight getting fixed should definitely help.

I agree that the power leeching aspect of flies is not as important, but I would definitely like to see flies return more power, maybe by removing the power draining aspect and instead returning power based on the amount of damage it deals.

I fully agree with Relentless being a great racial and dying rage being utterly useless and completely out of character for a defiler - right now with relentless we are in a good place, I fear without it we will be spending most of the time in RvR situations sitting on the ground getting infamy and comms waiting for the wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterat View Post
    This isn't actually true. PvP has been hit seriously by the inbalance in the game over the last few years for creeps, so many mobs have left and are playing another game. The infamy/survivability sytem has now been sorted, but IMHO its a little late....
    That is incorrect the infamy/renown system is on many from completely bugged.
    If i may put up a few examples :

- A solo players averages on solo kills on MP/Free-players; that havent been touched by other Player of the respective side and the player that achieved the kill hasnt received any healing over this period of time ;a renown infamy rate of 30-40 per kill.
    - Npcs reset your share of renown on a target so you gain overproportionaly on a joined kill if the target is hit by npcs.
    - You solo a target e.g. a high rank spider , a fight that takes time, and fs/raid of your own side comes tags it you get 15 renown or less for the kill.
    - Healers just spam small heals on a group of soloers and get overpropotionatily renown/infamy for just tag healing as many players as possible.

On a side note about balance:

- I personaly think it is good that MP's are atm having the upper hand hence freeps will imrpove over the year in gear and it will balance out again. Though reavers have a too high survivabilty/Dps rate.
    - The Ooutpost/Mastery system is playing out very negative. Sessions of Pve where players from both sides play " OP Ball" as we call it and if one side has the upper hand the buff is by far to strong .
    - The renown buff system is fine in my opinion though there should be added some quest for the Delving so Free Players actually go there. MP's are full time PvP players have no gear to get just commendations the average Pvp Free players is doing more Pve then Pvp and isnt spending as much time in Pvp and if he does he aint gonna go the the Delving to get a boss flipped and loosing 30 minutes of Pvp times just so an hour later the MP's reflip it .
    - The landscape changes are very well thought off imo though EC/OC needs a serious revamp in terms of strength of the mobs or add a defending buff system to them to enemies have a harder time fighting in it . As of the moment it is a death trap but the postion of both are prefect maybe though i would rather have Oc at the stop of the bears down the hill at the edge of the trees and put Tir GY at his old place.

To summarize my main concern though is that we need a change back to proportionate dmg of the kill that a person did and renown, the same for the proportionate healing vs done dmg to the target vs renown. It cant be that Pvp has become a tagging game and that the players that really try to solo something and not zerg get a direct pawn to the face.

Thank you for your time

With regards
    Check Check I am a melody ;D
    Main on Eldar: Calestis Dea rank 10 Burglar
    Main on Vanyar: Huorias rank 10 Burglar

Cool Solo Hunter = Deadmeat

First of all, lemme say that I play both Creep and Freep on Silverlode server. And i love the creep changes, i really do. OP control is eh, since we spend most of our time chasing our tails out there. But overall, the creep DPS, Healing, and survivability are greatly improved and much needed. Thank you for addressing this!

However, as a freep hunter who wasn't great pre-RoR, but could hold my own....these changes kill me if i am unable to find a raid or really good group of 4-6. And on a server that's not high population, this isn't always a choice.

So, as a hunter post-RoR, i have acquired most of the best skirm jewelry & the new (old?) moors gear. And i have come to this conclusion....
    In order to have any kind of chance of survival in the Moors now, i have to stack so much additional vit and morale that it RUINS my DPS and i cant even hit near as hard as i could pre-RoR because my targets are so much tougher. So, i could stack agi, +crit, +mastery, and manage to do some decent dmg, but then I get two-shotted. lol. Very frustrating. How about a happy medium??

Some ppl would say, "You're a hunter! Kite!"

However, Kiting is pointless with so many slows/stuns being applied to me and with mine own slows/stuns being potted or wearing off extremely fast due to the Audacity system. Additionally, allot of fights are not in wide open areas and do not offer many options for getting range quickly and efficiently.

Hunter bubble is practically useless pvmp: stun/slow is potted, bubble taken out in one hit, no-setback is overwith. The only thing its truly useful for is bringing HIPsd wargs out of stealth before they pounce again.

The only thing i ask is, maybe slightly improve the mits/morale given from vit for hunter class since my moors gear is hardly improved since pre-RoR. Or give us more DPS on the go capabilities via fleetness or whatever. Auto-attacks wont do much on the go turbine =P
    Or maybe even crit-defense. Most creeps have some crit-defense and can trait for more while my hunter has none. My DPS is based on crits with the multipliers supplying most of my dmg. If this is taken away from me, i am simply rendered ineffective out there. And while creep crit rate isnt high. A creep my rank will crit on me almost as much as i do them. Only difference is, i cant mitigate it as well as they can.

Again, i understand moors is meant for groups. However, since this isn't always possible, give hunters a little love! Every Pvmp player knows hunters are the weakest link out there. Ever try pew-pewing a decent ranked spider with shadow aura??? LMAO. It's actually laughable. All my dmg is physical and gets mitted down to nothing if i dont stack as much dps as possible. But then I die.....=(
    Just think about it, not asking for OPness. Just a little something to keep me competitive =)

Nice update..... I'm very lost

Went to the moors on my R7 Cappy the other day.... got a little confuzzed..... just how I like it, its like learning a new zone GJ Turbine
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000000098b0/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Troublesome08 View Post
    However, as a freep hunter who wasn't great pre-RoR, but could hold my own....these changes kill me if i am unable to find a raid or really good group of 4-6. And on a server that's not high population, this isn't always a choice.

So, as a hunter post-RoR, i have acquired most of the best skirm jewelry & the new (old?) moors gear. And i have come to this conclusion....
    In order to have any kind of chance of survival in the Moors now, i have to stack so much additional vit and morale that it RUINS my DPS and i cant even hit near as hard as i could pre-RoR because my targets are so much tougher. So, i could stack agi, +crit, +mastery, and manage to do some decent dmg, but then I get two-shotted. lol. Very frustrating. How about a happy medium??

Gz mate, now you know what it feels like to be a warg

I know multiple solo wargs who do just fine before update and now. Wargs group because of mentality, not because they actually need too.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    I know multiple solo wargs who do just fine before update and now. Wargs group because of mentality, not because they actually need too.
    Try soloing warg on our server and see how long you last.

Try soloing warg on our server and see how long you last.
    Regardless of your server, if you can't solo on warg you are doing it wrong.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000013320a/signature.png]Rosenthal[/charsig]

All of us knob heads miss you Sylidor - R.I.P.

As a freep and creep player, I must say that I like the new changes very much. Most notably the balance of freep vs creep in a group/raid setting, the changes to the delving, and the OP buffs. I know that some freeps say that creeps are now OP and all, but I'd imagine that is mostly due to the fact that creeps used to be so weak, to the point at which 1 freeps could solo 2-3 creeps at once, and also that the creeps are statted to match against freeps that are geared in moors armor and good jewelry, which hasn't been gotten by freeps for the most part yet. Delving changes seemed to be good, I liked how a raid could literally move from one side of the map to the other within a minute, allowing much better mobility (And thus avoiding a constant rez camp or TA fight). Then OPs, I know some say that it favors the stronger side and all, but I'd really have to disagree. 2-3 freeps or creeps can take an OP easily, and again, encourages fights besides the rez camp, and a good buff to both sides that makes them valuable to have.

The only complaint that I have (So far) is that reavers are a bit too powerful, given that they really demolish anything in their sight with ease (And playing healer, I do notice the difference between a reaverless raid and a reaver heavy one), though before they were way underpowered, and I'm glad that they got some attention.

There are some wargs that can solo, but that is only after a certain point in which a warg has a decent amount of survivability and dps (And knows how to use it). For those wargs that aren't yet to that point, which would be many, they essentually have to either pack or raid. Soloing is simply not viable for them due to their squishiness. (Also, wargs were not really buffed nor nerfed with RoR from what I've seen. They're still dangerous, but they should be, like every other class)

Quote Originally Posted by Bhurgo_Burglefools View Post
    Regardless of your server, if you can't solo on warg you are doing it wrong.
    Ah Ok. I bow to your superior knowledge. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong then, when I can't solo a 22k morale warden with 4 lines of buffs in flayer?
    Last edited by Gutterat; Nov 14 2012 at 07:19 AM.

Ah Ok. I bow to your superior knowledge. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong then, when I can't solo a 22k morale warden with 4 lines of buffs in flayer?
    please try to contribute constructively even if someone else engages in some measure of hyperbole..

Quote Originally Posted by rannion View Post
    please try to contribute constructively even if someone else engages in some measure of hyperbole..
    I contributed with a measure of pathos.

I strongly dislike the mastery buffs that players get from capturing outposts. Players always complained of how creep classes and freep classes are unbalanced, and by adding outpost buffs you're insuring that the pvp would almost never be balanced. It is very rare for both sides to control an equal number of outposts and it's not fun fighting an opponent that has close to 15k mastery buff.
    Commander Ulaith, CWH.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000006da10/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Ulaith View Post
    I strongly dislike the mastery buffs that players get from capturing outposts. Players always complained of how creep classes and freep classes are unbalanced, and by adding outpost buffs you're insuring that the pvp would almost never be balanced. It is very rare for both sides to control an equal number of outposts and it's not fun fighting an opponent that has close to 15k mastery buff.
    TBH I think the OP buffs are a cracking addition to the Ettens. The extra you get from DoF bosses, keeps, OPs etc. mean that the likelihood of running into the opposition trying to take these places is quite probable. Added to the fact fights in DoF or at OPs mean there aren't too many NPCs to hug has really livened up the Ettens IMHO. A few nights ago we had nearly 5 hours of raid v raid action just flipping OPs and fighting at them. OK, so your oppos have a 15k mastery buff? Then take some OPs. If yer hard enough freep!

My Home is the Moors, roaming around .....
    TBH I think the OP buffs are a cracking addition to the Ettens. The extra you get from DoF bosses, keeps, OPs etc. mean that the likelihood of running into the opposition trying to take these places is quite probable. Added to the fact fights in DoF or at OPs mean there aren't too many NPCs to hug has really livened up the Ettens IMHO. A few nights ago we had nearly 5 hours of raid v raid action just flipping OPs and fighting at them. OK, so your oppos have a 15k mastery buff? Then take some OPs. If yer hard enough freep!
    Yep, couldn't agree more.

Had a couple of fantastic nights raid v raid all over Eldar map and it's been gret for both sides, Infamy and Renown raining down.

We still get the gv pewpew and no doubt at other places too but the update seems to have worked and has taken its time to show how good it can be at times

New map so adapt to it, change tactics, look for different advantages and enjoy it as we are doing here.
    [CENTER]BiteMarks
    ~ the names Marks .... BiteMarks ~
    [/CENTER]

I like the concept of the OP buffs. The problem is that on Silverlode we have a couple raid leaders who do nothing but PvE. Move around and take the OPs then move on. It's a game of tag all night with not enough fights. I love when fights do happen in the new areas and find them more fun than the TA shuffle, I'd just like to see something that cuts down on chase the OP.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

Balance of Power, Hardly...

Quote Originally Posted by Troublesome08 View Post
    First of all, lemme say that I play both Creep and Freep on Silverlode server. And i love the creep changes, i really do. OP control is eh, since we spend most of our time chasing our tails out there. But overall, the creep DPS, Healing, and survivability are greatly improved and much needed. Thank you for addressing this!

However, Kiting is pointless with so many slows/stuns being applied to me and with mine own slows/stuns being potted or wearing off extremely fast due to the Audacity system. Additionally, allot of fights are not in wide open areas and do not offer many options for getting range quickly and efficiently.

Hunter bubble is practically useless pvmp: stun/slow is potted, bubble taken out in one hit, no-setback is overwith. The only thing its truly useful for is bringing HIPsd wargs out of stealth before they pounce again.

The only thing i ask is, maybe slightly improve the mits/morale given from vit for hunter class since my moors gear is hardly improved since pre-RoR. Or give us more DPS on the go capabilities via fleetness or whatever. Auto-attacks wont do much on the go turbine =P
    Or maybe even crit-defense. Most creeps have some crit-defense and can trait for more while my hunter has none. My DPS is based on crits with the multipliers supplying most of my dmg. If this is taken away from me, i am simply rendered ineffective out there. And while creep crit rate isnt high. A creep my rank will crit on me almost as much as i do them. Only difference is, i cant mitigate it as well as they can.

Again, i understand moors is meant for groups. However, since this isn't always possible, give hunters a little love! Every Pvmp player knows hunters are the weakest link out there. Ever try pew-pewing a decent ranked spider with shadow aura??? LMAO. It's actually laughable. All my dmg is physical and gets mitted down to nothing if i dont stack as much dps as possible. But then I die.....=(
    Just think about it, not asking for OPness. Just a little something to keep me competitive =)
    I concur a lot with what Your addressing here. Unfortunately, from what I see with Creeps getting their OP buffs, that the so-called "Balance" is actually NOT a Balance, EM has gone from one Un-Balanced Side to the Other, and Now from what I see, if your a Low Ranked, Low Renown, No-Audicity Player your chance of survival is limited...especially when I can never get a Creep to Fight me 1:1, No they always have to have their "Buddies"...so much For Honor.
    I miss the Old EM, where I feel that "they" (Lotro) could have made some Fine-tuning adjustments, and Had a PvP Game that was FUN to Play on BOTH Sides, and they could have left the Minimum Player Level Cap at 65 (More Players)...What Me, and a Lot of other Players on here are seeing is a Game(PvP-Ettenmoors) designed for the End-Gamers, End-gamers have ALWAYS managed with what they Had, they still have the Bigger Raids, Draigoch, Orthanc's, Ost Dunuth, & several "Others" (ie, War-Bands, etc.,) to keep them Busy...
    So, Us Questers, Epic, and Solo Players are pretty much Left out in the Cold with this New "Improved" (LOL) PvP Ettenmoors ...
    Old Saying: "If it isn't Broke, Why Fix it", and The Old EM wasn't Broke just needed a Few Tweeks (I guess that would have been too Easy)...
    Also:
    1) Creeps that are allowed to repeatably "Make your Player a Project", so, NOT right!! Make's it so I don't really give a Frap, and Not want to Play in the Ettenmoor's anymore, since Those Creeps are High Ranked, and Know You are an Easy Target to get More Renown, and Commendations at Your Expense (and it is apparent they don't care), WHERE is the Balance in That??
    2) This Permitted Activity on the Creep-side of "Corpse-Dancing", that is so Dis-Respectful, that I feel those Players ought to be Tagged and Suspended or Lose a lot of their Renown for This Totally WRONG Behavior...

Corspe Jumping (Dancing nice word there) (/PUSHUP)has been an on going activity since the moors started up. It has also been requested to removed many many times. Another animation creepside (/RUDE?) has also been asked to be altered. Both of these are simulated sex animations but the Devs and WB/T seem to be AOK with this. If you've been over to TERA then this is really tame compared to what's over there.

On Nimrodel it looks like things are begining to settle down with the update. Freeps will not come out at all if they do not have a BLUE map (TR, Isen Keep, Isen OP, AE OP, ROP, HOP, LC and TA too). Creeps are learning to fight them even with their buffs and audacity armour too. The Freeps that were OP before RoR are still OP. Creeps do not flip the map as it auto-flips anyway and as soon as Freeps lose TR they either log or hang at GV. Creeps are starting to group (a little) and if the RL wants just to PVE without a reason, many will not go.

One thing, though, when I'm creepside I will not fight at OC at all. OC is just a creep death trap. Once you are in combat you cannot escape the zerg. With the reflected damage bug the NPCs attack with the Freeps and you can not kill your own NPCs (or not fast enough). There is no safe haven near enough to matter. With EC there are possiblities: EC, ROP, HH, and even up to LC or Lugz or back side to DG. OC doesn't have this especially when the Freeps own the map. And as they won't come out if they don't own it, OC is no place I will fight.

Oh and killing hunters? There are some on Nim that are very very hard to get so I think it's all in how you play and what you do.

ex: creepside last night. A BA (who's a high level both freeside Hunter and creepside) was playing BA-Tank. Well.. he got killed facing 20+ freeps. He thought he'd be immune or something so kept charging right into the TR door and died. Later he came out on his hunter and with lots of bubbles he did his Tank deal and seemed happier about it and he was very hard to kill too. So Hunters can do very well too. I'd say maybe freep Hunters are OP
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by SabrielofLorien View Post
    Corspe Jumping (Dancing nice word there) (/PUSHUP)has been an on going activity since the moors started up. It has also been requested to removed many many times. Another animation creepside (/RUDE?) has also been asked to be altered. Both of these are simulated sex animations but the Devs and WB/T seem to be AOK with this. If you've been over to TERA then this is really tame compared to what's over there.
    I really think you need to go back to biology class if you think pushups and rude are simulated sex animations. I've been playing more than 5 years and have never heard of anybody requesting their removal. Corpsejumping is just that. Where you jump up and down on a corpse. On our server if you do this you are likely to get multikilled as this is an insult. I think maybe you should look at your own perception of the game.

The Freeps that were OP before RoR are still OP. Creeps do not flip the map as it auto-flips anyway and as soon as Freeps lose TR they either log or hang at GV. Creeps are starting to group (a little) and if the RL wants just to PVE without a reason, many will not go.
    Ok you've confirmed it. You must be on one hell of a wierd server.

One thing, though, when I'm creepside I will not fight at OC at all. OC is just a creep death trap. Once you are in combat you cannot escape the zerg. With the reflected damage bug the NPCs attack with the Freeps and you can not kill your own NPCs (or not fast enough). There is no safe haven near enough to matter. With EC there are possiblities: EC, ROP, HH, and even up to LC or Lugz or back side to DG. OC doesn't have this especially when the Freeps own the map. And as they won't come out if they don't own it, OC is no place I will fight.
    Oh, You won't fight there beacause you can't run away? OC is a great place to kill freeps. Especially if you have one group in DoF while another group lures the freeps in. The stakes outside also are a great place to defend. The reason its not as easy to fight at (if youre a noob anyway) is because its the frontline outpost to TR.

Oh and killing hunters? There are some on Nim that are very very hard to get so I think it's all in how you play and what you do. ex: creepside last night. A BA (who's a high level both freeside Hunter and creepside) was playing BA-Tank. Well.. he got killed facing 20+ freeps. He thought he'd be immune or something so kept charging right into the TR door and died. Later he came out on his hunter and with lots of bubbles he did his Tank deal and seemed happier about it and he was very hard to kill too. So Hunters can do very well too. I'd say maybe freep Hunters are OP
    Hunters are as squidgy as wargs. If you get the drop on em you have a chance. No matter how good they are. A BA tank? Yeah right.

I really think you need to go back to biology class if you think pushups and rude are simulated sex animations. I've been playing more than 5 years and have never heard of anybody requesting their removal. Corpsejumping is just that. Where you jump up and down on a corpse. On our server if you do this you are likely to get multikilled as this is an insult. I think maybe you should look at your own perception of the game..
    Perhaps I should describe what Corpse Jumping is on our server. The animations are explictly used there. And it isn't someone hitting SPACEBAR over and over.

When a freep is defeated, their posture is kneeling. A creep standing in front of the defeated freep and facing them does /RUDE (iicr). This make and pumping animation of the creeps hips into the face of the kneeling freep. To just about everyone on the server who's an adult can tell you what this looks like.

When a creep is defeated their posture is lying down. A freep placing themselves over the declining body of the creep does /PUSHUP repeatedly. To just about everyone on the server who's an adult can tell you what this looks like.

If you are not an adult you might not "get it".

The fastest way to avoid this is to Retreat quickly. Prior to RoR no one wanted to retreat due to the distance limitation for Renown/Infamy. This is no longer a barrier but it does mean you might miss a rez opportunity.

It is not used as often these days as those who most enjoyed this aspect, have moved on to other servers or games but there are still plenty of players on Nimrodel who do.

I can also tell you that if you search the forums you will find the requests. Searching the forums is difficult at best. Altering the animation has been requested many many times. You might have to hunt a bit more to find them.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

Hunters are as squidgy as wargs. If you get the drop on em you have a chance. No matter how good they are. A BA tank? Yeah right.
    I think you should come meet Nikita (hunter) on Nimrodel or any of the other hunters that come out on this server. She's a very tough player to take out. Let me know when you get here, I want to see how it's done. I'm always ready to learn new tactics.

The OP and Delving buffs do not bother me much. We have had some fantastic fighting in the moors since ROR came out. The one thing I still detest is the Audacity system. All it is really is radiance repackaged, and shoved into the moors.
    The Lonely Mountain Band
    Pouncival-Rank 15 aroo-Leader of the Pouncing Pwny
    We Pounce Because We Care

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast