We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayinItSafe View Post
    Killed a lvl85 dwarf guard today while on my warg almost entirely solo and I get 27 inf and 17 coms? wth? I thought the inf and com rate was supposed to be "greatly increased"? Lame.
    well, i defeated a champion(r9) yesterday , with one other creep contributing , we both got 125 infamy, and 80+comms , note all keeps were red, so im very happy with the inf system as it is now. (i'm sorry for any grammatical errors in this post, not the best at english)
    Last edited by thabos; Oct 20 2012 at 05:03 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/22219000000203209/signature.png]Thabos[/charsig]

Its just me or the Creeps became OP after Rohan?
    They coolldowns and skills got great increments (like wargs, which can now disappear AND sprint in 3 minutes).

Quote Originally Posted by Abbiati View Post
    They coolldowns and skills got great increments (like wargs, which can now disappear AND sprint in 3 minutes).
    My defiler R6/A7 died just fine to an RK with a friend (Champ). Actually I didn't just die, I was just blasted. Oh.. they did it twice too.

If your side doesn't hold the keeps and the delving bosses and the outposts (all PVE btw) then your side is going to be disadvantaged.

Freeps need to be L85 and ramp up their Audacity Armour before you will really know. Personally, I think Freeps will have a blue map in short order.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Looks like tomorrow's update 8.02 will have another re-do for the moors. The 80 meter/yard distance from a kill is being returned to prevent "lazy friends from sitting far away".

I dunno who's lazy friends they are talking about. I only saw 4 freeps in the moors yesterday.

My toon's a defiler, it was great to know that I would get credit for a kill even on my way back to the fight. Now I won't.

So the new and old msg is: do not retreat. do not return to the battle. let the group wipe.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

Got zerged by 6 freeps yesterday (legitimate hunt: I was there in the open field, they saw their enemy and killed it: kudos). We (creeps) certainly aren't OP as my demise was... savage and sudden, lol.

Whilst the boosts look high at the moment, I can't see the freeps having difficulty turning outposts blue? I'm hoping this element is going to create some good dynamics as both sides vie for advantage?

Best part so far is finally finding myself motivated to get back into the Delving to explore and do some preparatory orientation prior to the freeps returning in mass. I'm initially finding the Delving seriously confusing (good job by the designers) at first and hopefully it will make for some intense fights . Unless caught whilst doing it, the ability for burgs and wargs to stealth through the shorter passages of the Delving is potentially going to make their movement around the map very interesting.
    [B]Vulfen cpt 100[/b]

I've gone out there to see how things are progressing. I'm happy with what I saw. Played tag with some creeps. Saw one just doing PvE stuff, and there were some diplomatic emotes and we went about our own way.

The map is much improved, can't say that enough. Some choice locations for tactical fights, chances for the tactically gifted raid lead to do some interesting things. The Delving is a gem. The doors from Point A to B are great. I came out the door of one into the middle of NPC creeps. That could prove interesting if the right raid pops out. I'd give it a month or two more, but should put some life into the moors again.
    Founder, Leader - www.SonsOfNumenor.com

They're outrageously OP now, no doubt about it... It was pretty even before RoR, now it's a disaster.
    Palesinik, Brandywine Epic Gambler Burg

Quote Originally Posted by SabrielofLorien View Post
    My defiler R6/A7 died just fine to an RK with a friend (Champ). Actually I didn't just die, I was just blasted. Oh.. they did it twice too.

If your side doesn't hold the keeps and the delving bosses and the outposts (all PVE btw) then your side is going to be disadvantaged.

Freeps need to be L85 and ramp up their Audacity Armour before you will really know. Personally, I think Freeps will have a blue map in short order.
    2x1 cant even count.
    on a 1x1 you would certainly have advantage.
    check the fights latelly and you will see.

Originally Posted by SabrielofLorienMy defiler R6/A7 died just fine to an RK with a friend (Champ). Actually I didn't just die, I was just blasted. Oh.. they did it twice too.

2x1 cant even count.
    2x1 cant even count.

Actually, I'm not at an advantage. I am probably the least skillful player on the server. My defiler just got Rank 7. I'm going to be toasted by any Freep with full audacity armour and better weapons in short order. Just about any Freep can kill me in a flash. All a melee guy has to do is get in melee range and I'm toast. Ranged guys well they just hit me with a few ECs or Ents and I'm toast too.

2v1 counts. That's the moors. If you never ever got points then maybe you can say that. Getting a KB isn't about the moors at all. A kill even in a group counts. You know why? Cause you get infamy/renown and comms from it.

If you have trouble getting a defiler, come to Nimrodel and I'll do my best to take you out. There's a first for everything.

Cool ???

Quote Originally Posted by Eartholloth View Post
    Not me... PVP doesnt interest me at all.
    Then dude &&& r u doin playin a MMO there r countless amazing single player rpgs; no pvp? so u login to stand around bree and emote all day?lol go to the mall bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon23 View Post
    They're outrageously OP now, no doubt about it... It was pretty even before RoR, now it's a disaster.
    erm... sorry, but are we playing the same game here?
    [CENTER][B]Ameldun: [Level 85 Hunter]
    Akkhal: [Rank 4 Warleader] Mozkhal: [Rank 4 reaver]
    And a bunch more... On gladden of course :)
    [/B]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by AnElephant View Post
    erm... sorry, but are we playing the same game here?
    I don't think anyone would call a rank 4 reaver OP. If that is the angle you are looking at it from, I can see how you would see yourself as still very underpowered. I am still able to kill at least 2-3 reavers that aren't P2W and are less than rank 5, and I am not at all happy with what RoR has done to guardians in PvP. That said, one rank 10 reaver standing still, with reflect damage on, and spamming sudden strikes can burn through my 12.5Kish morale in a few seconds. I sparred one very good one on my server and he still had 60% of his health bar left, and I had used every cooldown and a morale pot to his one stun pot.

And as far as the defiler saying he will be crushed by anyone getting into melee range...not if it is a guardian right now. I do a lot of damage for a guard and a rank 4 defiler was able to just back up from me and pop heals and keep his health at full. I doubt he would have been able to kill me if he actually spent any time attacking instead of just healing, but he was only rank 4 with much more morale than I and outhealing 100% of my dps.

I am really not fond of having to attack creeps under rank 6 if I want to have any kind of chance to win (I will still attack BA's whatever rank they are because those are decent fights). I also play creepside from time to time and can't disagree with frustrations about Wardens, RK insane damage, and some of the complaints about Minstrels and Champions. But for a melee class that doesn't do great damage, is currently very easy to kill compared to other classes, and trying to play to have fun rather than just farm renown/comms, I haven't felt this outgunned since playing a rank 4 reaver myself back in SoA before charge.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000000071e/signature.png]Jason[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Huricanado View Post
    I don't think anyone would call a rank 4 reaver OP. If that is the angle you are looking at it from, I can see how you would see yourself as still very underpowered. I am still able to kill at least 2-3 reavers that aren't P2W and are less than rank 5, and I am not at all happy with what RoR has done to guardians in PvP. That said, one rank 10 reaver standing still, with reflect damage on, and spamming sudden strikes can burn through my 12.5Kish morale in a few seconds. I sparred one very good one on my server and he still had 60% of his health bar left, and I had used every cooldown and a morale pot to his one stun pot.

And as far as the defiler saying he will be crushed by anyone getting into melee range...not if it is a guardian right now. I do a lot of damage for a guard and a rank 4 defiler was able to just back up from me and pop heals and keep his health at full. I doubt he would have been able to kill me if he actually spent any time attacking instead of just healing, but he was only rank 4 with much more morale than I and outhealing 100% of my dps.

I am really not fond of having to attack creeps under rank 6 if I want to have any kind of chance to win (I will still attack BA's whatever rank they are because those are decent fights). I also play creepside from time to time and can't disagree with frustrations about Wardens, RK insane damage, and some of the complaints about Minstrels and Champions. But for a melee class that doesn't do great damage, is currently very easy to kill compared to other classes, and trying to play to have fun rather than just farm renown/comms, I haven't felt this outgunned since playing a rank 4 reaver myself back in SoA before charge.
    Guardians are in a pretty poor place PvP wise, against any WL you will probably get shield-bashed to death although it will take a while - against spiders and defilers you will get power drained until you can just stand there and auto-attack waiting for death and reavers and wargs out-dps you by some margin.

On the whole I think defilers with the current mitigation bug are pretty sturdy and can win pretty much all 1v1 with the exception of minstrel who can tie the fight as neither class can actually dps through the heals and power regen.

In group play it seems pretty balanced, before RoR it was a given that freeps would roll creeps if numbers were balanced - 10 freeps could easily keep 10 creeps cooped up in OC. Now it seems a bit better, the side with superior numbers seem to win pretty consistently, freep heals, dps and CC are still superior however as long as people are stuck without end-game weapons, armor and jewels the difference in morale does seem to balance things.

I agree that 1v1 ranked creeps have now gotten to a point where they can take on most freeps and hope to win - the days of 1-shotting with epic conclusion or remorseless strike are definitely gone.

Perfect balance in moors will never be achieved, classes are too diverse for that. Tanky classes simply do not have the CC and DPS required to take on all 1v1s consistently.

Normally I would go on about DPS disparity but its really a waste of time in most cases, this clearly being one of them. I will however treat you with a famous quote:

"Its not a lie jerry, if you believe its true" George Costanza

We got hit by our first sensible sized freep raid last night (16+). Looks like at last creeps are on a par . We got wiped twice through lack of healing but adding a couple of warleaders and a def sorted it out. Looks like a decently balanced raid could be a lot of fun, if its not balanced you'll get ganked. The cappy/mini combo is still a bugger to take down, but doesn't seem as hard as it did before RoR.
    Last edited by Gutterat; Oct 25 2012 at 07:17 AM.
    Stop That! It's extremely silly!

At the moment the entenmoors is in a horrible state of affair and I dont see it getting better.

Its hard to put a finger on it exactly, but I would start with audacity. System should be taken out of the game. Look for my post about audacity in the pvmp forum. thank you, that is all.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...thrown-out-now
    Last edited by Redkerrusk; Oct 25 2012 at 10:08 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d01000002e7ac/signature.png]Thunderbladee[/charsig] Every time I do a quest, the creep dies inside me......And then I kill a freep an I'm all better!

Quote Originally Posted by Redkerrusk View Post
    At the moment the entenmoors is in a horrible state of affair and I dont see it getting better.

Its hard to put a finger on it exactly, but I would start with audacity. System should be taken out of the game. Look for my post about audacity in the pvmp forum. thank you, that is all.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...thrown-out-now
    That post doesnt apply anymore. Audacity is cheap as chips after update to low ranks. Most of our tribe are now at 14 in a week, so max audacity really doesnt take that long, and for a warg its worth its weight in gold.

TBH after the last few nights when we've had a decent group of freeps to fight, can't see much difference, if the freeps have a healer and a cappy combo we're still gonna get ganked. Wargs are soft as sh*t now and any half decent hunter could 3-shot 'em before we can even get close.
    Last edited by Gutterat; Oct 29 2012 at 08:36 AM.
    Stop That! It's extremely silly!

Thumbs down

I don't want to tick anyone off, but there is no way the changes to the moors are fair. All these great changes that were supposed to encourage pvp activities have only encouraged zerging. Now people can role someone in a group of 5 or 6 and still get a good amount of comms/fame/infamy. Also in what world does a high ranking BA deserve a 15K increase to moral? Freeps got about 1500 to 3000 in moral whereas creeps got 10,000 to 20,000. Totally disproportional. As several people on my server have said, small scale combat in moors is dead.

Thumbs down Moors fail

I don't want to tick anyone off, but there is no way the changes to the moors are fair. All these great changes that were supposed to encourage pvp activities have only encouraged zerging. Now people can role someone in a group of 5 or 6 and still get a good amount of comms/fame/infamy. Also in what world does a high ranking BA deserve a 15K increase to moral? Freeps got about 1500 to 3000 in moral whereas creeps got 10,000 to 20,000. Totally disproportional. As several people on my server have said, small scale combat in moors is dead.

This sentence is outrageously ridiculous!

Before RoR creeps were outrageously underpowered! Now they are where they have to be for good PvP fights. I don´t tell you this from the view of a rank 14 stalker, but from the view of rank 11 captain! Just because you don´t kill them that easily as before RoR (and this is because you just have no new gear (jesus christ *roll*)) don´t troll around whining about "OP creeps" as a freep.

The things I don´t like with RoR are the huge amounts of points you gain with the keep and delving buffs and the fact that the fraction with more players will always have the OP buffs with more damage...
    Last edited by OverlordGate; Oct 31 2012 at 11:10 AM.
    Second Marshall Maywyn Eorthas of Rohan - Captain - Rank 13

Tyrant Gate Wargkönig, Son of Krithmog - Stalker - Rank 15

State of the defiler after update:

The promised dps increase hasn't shown itself yet, while skills in general do more damage than they did before power has now become a highly limiting factor with the nerf of plague of flies and even fully dps traited a defiler will not outdps a warleader.

We still have a number of skills and attacks doing common damage which is like tickling people with feather dusters, it might be distracting but it is in no way dangerous.

Heals are upgraded and the new induction setback mechanism is definitely a buff, as long as a defiler has power no single freep with the possible exception of a rune-keeper should be able to dps through the hots - however our heals are still much too reactive to be of much use against freep focus fire in raid situations, and in those situations warleader heals and bubbles are certainly better.

The current state of affairs of the defiler is that aside from throwing hots are people we have no role - we still have only 1 rez that is out of combat, single target and on a significant cooldown - this puts us about even with the lore-master when it comes to reviving people well behind Warleader, Minstrel, Rune-keeper and Captain.

With the massive primary stat increase in RoI defiler debuffs became utterly redundant and they have not been improved at all, our CC consists of the worst run speed debuff of any class creep or freep, a 25% chance to apply a short mezz with a melee attack and a short melee range fear - all of which are laughably bad.

Defilers used to be able to rely on plague of flies to be of some use in raid situations, but even though the flies have had a 10 level increase their morale dropped by 3k and their damage and power drain dropped as well, even if a defiler is only healing flies can not be relied on to keep power from dropping to 0 in a prolonged raid fight.

While defilers definitely gained some survivability with higher heals, the new induction setback mechanic and the buggy? relentless mitigation buff, dps is still the worst in the game, the class has no buffs worth mentioning, no debuffs worth using and no rez that can be used in raid fights since getting out of combat also means getting out of infamy gain range.

Ways to upgrade the defiler to a more balanced class would include: buffing plague of flies damage, morale and power drain and make the debuff stack again. Buff skill damage from gourds and change all instances of common damage to uncommon damage types. Change debuffs to become relevant, increase slow and duration on curse of sticky feet, make 5% incoming damage debuff instant cast, change vitality and will debuffs to target mitigation, power, morale, attack speed or other derived stats directly. Make fell sacrifice usable in combat or at least remove cool down so we can quickly rez several people out of combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandelm View Post
    If by small scale combat you mean solo then this is a good thing. The Moors is an end-game zone and should not be balanced for 1v1 combat. First, this is impossible and, second, they have to appeal to more than a few soloers. I like to solo out there as well but the Moors we had before RoR where creeps would be obliterated by any decent freep group was not acceptible because it's not true end-game content. Creeps have to be strong in order to stand up to the best geared freeps, not the average freeps. The creeps need that extra morale because freeps do higher DPS. It's part of balancing a system that doesn't contain mirrored classes on each side.
    Jeffaman-Guarding Hobbit Jeffro-Burgling Hobbit Tinulaurien-Elf Lore Master Cephus-Champion of Men Lilnooblet-Hunting Hobbit Jeffrandir-Snooty Elf Rune-keeper- All of Brandywine
    Long live the halflings! Praise them with great praise!
    RIP Nidor - Brandywine's bravest warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffor View Post
    If by small scale combat you mean solo then this is a good thing. The Moors is an end-game zone and should not be balanced for 1v1 combat. First, this is impossible and, second, they have to appeal to more than a few soloers. I like to solo out there as well but the Moors we had before RoR where creeps would be obliterated by any decent freep group was not acceptible because it's not true end-game content. Creeps have to be strong in order to stand up to the best geared freeps, not the average freeps. The creeps need that extra morale because freeps do higher DPS. It's part of balancing a system that doesn't contain mirrored classes on each side.
    Well said.

I've just got to say this as well. It really is nice to hear that freeps are complaining about creeps being op. Im sure this will change shortly either as freeps get better gear or all the freeps continue to whine until turbine does something, but I will enjoy the fact that for once creeps seem to be the overpowered ones.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207010000188771/signature.png]Rakugar[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Brandelm View Post
    Honestly you are overexaggerating. Biggest morale boost is about 10k max. Don't forget there are creeps out there that DON'T just stack morale but actually trait fully dps (maybe these got a 4k morale boost, which seems reasonable to the freeps getting 3k...).

Think it will even out more once freeps got all their shiny stuff.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c01000022735a/signature.png]Bubbs[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Traur View Post
    State of the defiler after update
    I think this is an excellent summary of the defiler. A couple thoughts in response:

* Blight is a source of dps for us and it's currently bugged, so that should help when it's fixed.

* Constant pain is a really fun new skill but the dps is laughable. If we are going to flash neon with a channeled skill that screams to be interrupted, it should be important. Blessing of darkness improvement is nice and worth freeps being forced to interrupt, constant pain should be as important.

* I do not want flies power drain increased. Fights that result in no power for one side are less fun. Still believe that the plan for flies should be as pets, similar to spider hatchlings.

* Some of the dps/buff issues could be solved by making a lot of our traits into skills. Things like improved plague gourd, etc., should all be rank skills, not left as unslotted traits because we have no room to trait enough.

* As was suggested by Bizarre in the creep forum, relentless should be our race skill instead of dying rage.

But again, the post above is a good summary and has good suggestions, /signed on.
    Sniz(defiler) / Johanson(cappy)

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast