We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
    This is attempt number what? 5? at "fixing" the moors. I wish I was more excited about this, but to be brutally honest Turbine has let us down and screwed this up sooooo many times before (Delving, the old TR/TA/Lug Hotpoints, Commendation overcosts), that I really don't trust them anymore to make educated and logical changes.

Heres to me being wrong.... for all our sakes....
    85 Burg; Brunnhilda -High Chieftain Sineater and Overlord Vulfen

Vote for Neverwinter!! Vote today!! Vote for TESO!! Vote today!!

Nice proposed changes overall, should bring some much needed balance to creepside also - although we shall see how powerful freeps are at 85. The switching cooldown needs to be brought back also. Creep damage types should be passives as well, common is next to useless.

One change I disagree with entirely is the possible 3 minute cooldown on Disappear and Sprint...that's a very low cooldown on the best escaping combo in game, if it remains it will be even more difficult to kill a decent warg who doesn't want to die.
    MI6 - Evernight
    Erelena R9 Guardian | Merebrand R12 Burglar | Merelyssa R9 Captain
    Needlesstosay R8 Stalker | Nuntii R13 Reaver | Praesul R8 Warleader

I do not require a hips/sprint every 3 mins nor do i want it. Current cd's are 10 or 5 with trait and the new change of 5 is fine. Just trash the traits.

I saw it posted here by someone already but make creep damage types passives
    [IMG]http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z398/Lightning_Xv/f1bc7eeb-c276-4013-acd8-7bf87aceef6d_zps4092ea5c.jpg[/IMG]

Will 14/15 ranks of audacity not cripple all forms of CC? The WL shield bash lasts 6 seconds, but with R14 audacity won't that be more like 1 second? It's also supposed to be high-damage but how could it possibly be high with that much audacity?

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    Will 14/15 ranks of audacity not cripple all forms of CC? The WL shield bash lasts 6 seconds, but with R14 audacity won't that be more like 1 second? It's also supposed to be high-damage but how could it possibly be high with that much audacity?
    The effect of maximum audacity will not change, it will just be spread out over more ranks. In other words, rank 14 audacity will be equivalent to what rank 7 audacity is now and when you load up your warleader after the RoR update, your presently maxed out rank 7 audacity will be worth something like what rank 2 or 3 is now.
    Freeps @ Dwarrowdelf: r10 Mini
    Creeps @ Dwarrowdelf: r11 Reaver, r10 Warg, r9 Defiler, r9 Spider, r8 WL, r8 BA

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    I understood the first explanation of Audacity and the seasons to mean that the benefits from the new Audacity max in one season will match the benefits from the previous Audacity max.

In other words, RoR Audacity 14 won't be stronger than RoI Audacity 7, but rather RoR Audacity 14 = RoI Audacity 7. And then season three Aud 21 = RoR Aud 14 = RoI Aud 7, and so forth. Basically folks will be grinding to get back to where they were the previous season... every season.

If I'm wrong, please let me know, but I thought that was in the first explanation of how Audacity works.

Quote Originally Posted by asearchforreason View Post
    The effect of maximum audacity will not change, it will just be spread out over more ranks. In other words, rank 14 audacity will be equivalent to what rank 7 audacity is now and when you load up your warleader after the RoR update, your presently maxed out rank 7 audacity will be worth something like what rank 2 or 3 is now.
    Ahh, that makes a lot more sense now, I was completely misinformed the whole time. Thanks.

Please change the rez circle locations. With the new waypoints in the delving, you could put the rez circles there and have players drop down like they do from OR/DG. One shots would only need to exist at the top floor.

I hate the idea of having the rez circles 100 meters away from the camps....it clearly promotes....camping.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000000d7e9/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Fortinobrand View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritenn View Post
    Only one question from me. Will there be any good reason to participate in that "new" PvMP - reward wise?
    Will we get anything, apart of slighty tweaked sets and cosmetic LI?
    I've never understood this mindset. This is a game, and I assume we're all here to have fun. Shouldn't a well-functioning PvMP aspect be playable just for the sake of having fun? Does there really need to be a digital carrot to keep us going? If so, it's probably time to rethink why we're logging in.
    Unfortunately, that is far and away the prevailing mindset among gamers (and MMO players especially). Very few people actually want PvP; most just want an "elite" loot pinata that dispenses exclusivity and bragging rights. There's a reason I gave PvMP the deed name "Two-Raids-Humping".
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=dimgray]::: [SIZE=3][URL="http://waywatchersofcardolan.guildportal.com"][COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=4]T[/SIZE]he [SIZE=4]W[/SIZE]aywatchers of [SIZE=4]C[/SIZE]ardolan[/COLOR][/URL] [SIZE=2]:[/SIZE] [URL="http://palantiri.guildportal.com"][COLOR=LightBlue][SIZE=4]T[/SIZE]he [SIZE=4]P[/SIZE]alantiri[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE] :::[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Garamond][COLOR=DimGray][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/balgr/"][COLOR=LemonChiffon]Balgr Snowmantle[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=Silver]: Curmudgeon[/COLOR] :[SIZE=4][COLOR=#303030].[/COLOR][/SIZE][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/saladoc/"][COLOR=LemonChiffon]Saladoc Willowleaf[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=Silver]: Stick-in-the-mud[/COLOR]
    [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/ciruth/"][COLOR=LemonChiffon]Ciruth of Gondor[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=Silver]: Itinerant Scholar[/COLOR] : [COLOR=LemonChiffon][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/halvr/"][COLOR=LemonChiffon]Halvr[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/khasi/"][COLOR=LemonChiffon]Khasi Flamebrow[/COLOR][/URL], and [COLOR=LemonChiffon]Kholi[/COLOR][COLOR=Silver]: At your service![/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray][URL="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a346/MrPinstripes/FFXI%20Stuff/AustrevenMH21409.jpg"][COLOR=dimgray]Austreven[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray][SIZE=3][COLOR=#303030].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]of Cobalt (Bismarck)[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

Confusion on Commendation Resetting at new Season

If the copy process of moving a character to Bullroarer drops the shared Green Currencies, which are not tied to a individual character, a player might see their freep with zero commendation and think that the balance has been reset.

On a whole different question, as it appears that many of the set bonuses are the same on the Lvl 75 and Lvl 85 PVP sets, do the +1 and +2 audacity sets work together to get the set bonus or are they independent? Do we get two 3 piece set bonuses if I have, for example, 3 lvl 75 perseverance pieces and 3 different lvl 85 perseverance pieces for a double dose of -20% RC cooldown reduction? Or double stacked CD reduction on and Escape from Darkness rez? A captain would be awesome with a always available in-combat rez
    Last edited by Captaculous; Jul 19 2012 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captaculous View Post
    I think a lot of the confusion is also occurring due to the copy-over characters moving to Bullroarer not having any of the Green Shared currencies moved over at the same time (which includes commendation). Since the currencies are not unique to any particular character they are dropped. The new players are seeing their freep have zero commendation balance and are freaking out.

On a whole different question, since it appears that many of the set bonuses are the same on the Lvl 75 and Lvl 85 PVP sets, do the +1 and +2 audacity sets work together to get the set bonus or are they independent? Do we get two 3 piece set bonuses if I have, for example, 3 lvl 75 perseverance pieces and 3 different lvl 85 perseverance pieces for a double dose of -20% RC cooldown reduction? Or double stacked CD reduction on and Escape from Darkness rez? A captain would be awesome with a always available in-combat rez
    You're probably (hopefully?) right about the commendations issue.

As for the armor set bonuses, I hope that they implement them like SWTOR does its armor set bonuses: the PvP armor has two tiers but the same set bonuses on both tiers, so wearing two of the lower tier and two of the higher tier counts as having four pieces for the 4-piece set bonus (the PvE armor works the same way, but has four tiers).

I can't imagine that they'd let us double up on lesser set bonuses, but who knows.

Any thoughts on adding open tapping to the ettenmoors? It seems like hitting a player character is already basically open tapping, so it would be interesting to see that for npcs also.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystarr View Post

- Please give us a large 1 v 1 area free of the outpost bonuses where Plains outpost used to be. (Or maybe just make the delving a "buff free" zone?)
    Absoultely not Turbine....these changes are the best thing you've done to the moors since I joined in 2007. 1v1 will be pointless as long as you stay the course.

If you find that a 1v1 area is needed then it needs to come with a cost....no infamy or renown gain. If you make the delving buff free you'll never get em out of there.

Nice job on the changes and look forward to kicken some creep butt!

Val
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000006c7ce/01003/signature.png]Valistar[/charsig]
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory, I love only that which it defends" J. R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Phenylcyclinide View Post
    & did you really just relegate champions to the 1-button wonder pile with free remorseless? That is totally gonna make gameplay way more interesting.

To sum, a bunch of weird needless changes to PvE & a few minor skills added (read as: 1 per class)
    The much needed reaver revision
    Ridiculous buffs based around PvE (to reiterate)

So much filler, so few changes to look forward to. I eagerly await the freep changes and ensuing luls. At least the playerbase is consistently naive.
    Can't stress enough how terrible of an idea this set bonus is.
    [img]http://imageshack.us/a/img41/4553/73i4.jpg[/img]

Even my Signature is trolling!

Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    One thing I would like to see is distraction not allowed by freepside though.
    Massively relevant point. Disable this skill in em once and for all.
    "Romper: You have the power to make EM less boring for yourself and everyone else. "
    "Look for your lore. But do not trust to lore, it has forsaken these lands." - Eolore prince of Lorehan

Quote Originally Posted by Oldwiley View Post
    Massively relevant point. Disable this skill in em once and for all.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbarry View Post
    As part of these changes Distraction has been disabled in the Moors.
    They did.
    [img]http://imageshack.us/a/img41/4553/73i4.jpg[/img]

Even my Signature is trolling!

remove LAGs from etten (now and in RoR)

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    They did.
    Woot, missed that bit
    "Romper: You have the power to make EM less boring for yourself and everyone else. "
    "Look for your lore. But do not trust to lore, it has forsaken these lands." - Eolore prince of Lorehan

All in all a nice surprise, looking forward to a new way of fighting, although I do have a few suggestions,

Warg- I dont think its a good idea to reduce the cd`s on Sprint and Hips, there`s no real reason to do this, basically with a 3 min cd they have 1 pretty powerful escape skill every 90 secs if they play right.

Also on Warg, could there be some way to stop wargs stance changing, 1 stance is supposed to be a stealthed stance, the other a tanking stance, but at the moment they hit from the stealth stance and 10 secs later they are in tank stance (getting the best of both worlds), maybe no stance change once in-combat, so they have to choose before they start, or a 30sec cd on stance changing.

I like the ideas behind who holds the keeps, although I think the buffs are too high for 5 keeps, so how about reducing the number of keeps to 3, get rid of LC and ID, bring the borders in a little thereby reducing the size of the map as well, this will make for more fights, as the map is smaller and only 3 keeps.

PS, as a Hunter I also have reservations, I think just some sort of response from our Dev would be nice, the silence from him is the killer, but I`m not gonna qq until I see the changes to Freeps, although I am disappointed with the Hunter PvP armour sets, but lets wait and see
    I dont hug, I keep my distance, about 40m.

Champion

Unyielding Rage

2: +776 Critical Rating

3: +50% Hamstring Duration

4: +76 Might

5: Remorseless Strike Pip Cost Removed
    Umm wat

Resilient Warrior

2: +786 Tactical Mitigation; +786 Physical Mitigation

3: Battle-frenzy reduces incoming Tactical damage by 10% for 10s

4: +76 Might

5: Bracing Attack has a 50% chance to dispel up to 3 Poison, Disease, Fear, or Wound effects
    Why tactical damage? Creeps do mostly melee/ranged, not tactical. Tactical mitigation is good, - incoming tactical damage is not. The 3 set bonus should stay melee damage I'd think, unless you're intentionally nerfing it.
    Stalker's Bane | Blackarrow-slayer | Reaver-slayer | War-leader's Enemy | Weaver's Enemy | Defiler's Enemy

Have to admit, a little bummed about the removal of the TR and Lug flags. Have had plenty of exciting moments where the one side would fall back to the Flag Room as the other finished off the CG, ensuing in a last stand to save the keep. And when the reinforcements come and you watch the other team all jump off the ledge... good times!

Overall, I'm excited for the changes. Anything that pushes players into more PvP is welcome. However the area where Plains of Grams OP was is now going to feel more desolate than ever after its removal.
    [CENTER][URL=http://s236.photobucket.com/user/InfernalCKY/media/puuding1.jpg.html][IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff247/InfernalCKY/puuding1.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Creeps do mostly tactical damage actual. At least any creep above rank 4 or something and below that a champion with full audacity gear shouldn't be worrying about.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    Creeps do mostly tactical damage actual. At least any creep above rank 4 or something and below that a champion with full audacity gear shouldn't be worrying about.
    Tactical damage and tactical mitigations are two entirely separate entities.
    Ranked 13th world-wide, Champion.

Sounds fantastic! Is what I've wished for...

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata View Post
    The Ettenmoors is a unique place within the world of LOTRO; a corner of Middle-earth that allows players the ability to take up the banner of Sauron and openly battle against the forces of good. Over the course of LOTRO’s lifetime, the Ettenmoors has been updated several times.

This is not one of those times. This is a new beginning; this is a reincarnation.

Read more in the latest Developer Diary from Joe "JBarry" Barry and post your comments here!
    This sounds great but I have a question: You said that "The keep flip quest now completes if your at the keep and dead." can you please clarify that?

Also you say "In order for the keep to flip the bosses must all be dead at the same time." So sounds like your suggesting that we kill all the bosses and if were not dead we loose the keep from flipping??? Which also imply's that the the other side will not attempt to kill you while your trying to take the keep???

Just need deeper insight and clarification to the taking of Keeps please.

Grayowl Lev 75 LM
    Well met!

Quote Originally Posted by Adruid View Post
    This sounds great but I have a question: You said that "The keep flip quest now completes if your at the keep and dead." can you please clarify that?
    That's just a change from how things work now, in which people who are dead when the tyrant/captain general dies don't get credit for completing the quest (the quests specifically state that you can't be defeated at the time the boss dies). So now if you happen to fall during battle and your side manages to flip the keep, you'll still get credit for being there when it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Adruid View Post
    Also you say "In order for the keep to flip the bosses must all be dead at the same time." So sounds like your suggesting that we kill all the bosses and if were not dead we loose the keep from flipping??? Which also imply's that the the other side will not attempt to kill you while your trying to take the keep???

Just need deeper insight and clarification to the taking of Keeps please.

Grayowl Lev 75 LM
    Well met!
    I'm not entirely sure what your question is here. To flip a keep we'll now need to kill the tyrant and a couple of his buddies, rather than just killing the tyrant (or killing the tyrant then capturing the flag, in a couple cases) - since mobs eventually respawn, we'll need to make sure that the last of the required mobs dies before any of them can respawn. How many people on the keep-flipping side who are alive has no bearing on whether or not the keep flips, and I can't imagine why the other side would let us take the keep at all

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast