We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Mutli Boxing Creep & Freep at The Same Time

Hi Guys & Girls

There is a contentious issue regarding Multi Boxing and its game mechanics within this fine game of LOTRO.

Whilst personally i see no major wrong doing with Multi Boxing (whilst you are on Freep Side)

The issue I have a major concern and irritation with is the fact that some (and as always it is always the few who cause issues for the majority), are able to run with a Freep whilst logging in on their Creep in order to spy on what is going on in the OOC chat of Creep side then hunting down the Creeps with their Freep and earning extra Infamy - which obviously they really need help to do as surely don't have enough other buffs etc to contend with.

If Turbine was to put in something where if you are Multi Boxing, you can only play on one side and are barred from playing or viewing the other side, then that would stop the blatant 'Spying, Cheating' call it what you will.

It is not a wide spread issue from what I can tell, as I mentioned above, it is the few that are exploiting the game mechanics to their advantage, and it is an advantage to be able to spy on the other sides chat to see where they are to then decide whether or not they will hunt them down and kill them.

I would love to see those who are doing this unable to view the other side if they are logged in on one side.

For Your Consideration Turbine.

Discuss

Take Care & have FUN
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5930944pBxZK.png[/img][/url]
    Greetings & Well Met
    Take Care & Have Fun ;)

Mutli Boxing Creep & Freep at The Same Time

Hi Guys & Girls

There is a contentious issue regarding Multi Boxing and its game mechanics within this fine game of LOTRO.

Whilst personally i see no major wrong doing with Multi Boxing (whilst you are on Freep Side)

The issue I have a major concern and irritation with is the fact that some (and as always it is always the few who cause issues for the majority), are able to run with a Freep whilst logging in on their Creep in order to spy on what is going on in the OOC chat of Creep side then hunting down the Creeps with their Freep and earning extra Infamy - which obviously they really need help to do as surely don't have enough other buffs etc to contend with. I'm sure this potentially works both ways. eg a Creep spying on Global /OOC of Freep side.

If Turbine was to put in something where if you are Multi Boxing, you can only play on one side and are barred from playing or viewing the other side, then that would stop the blatant 'Spying, Cheating' call it what you will.

It is not a wide spread issue from what I can tell, as I mentioned above, it is the few that are exploiting the game mechanics to their advantage, and it is an advantage to be able to spy on the other sides chat to see where they are to then decide whether or not they will hunt them down and kill them.

I would love to see those who are doing this unable to view the other side if they are logged in on one side.

Discuss

Take Care & have FUN
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5930944pBxZK.png[/img][/url]
    Greetings & Well Met
    Take Care & Have Fun ;)

Quote Originally Posted by mattbell View Post
    Hi Guys & Girls

The issue I have a major concern and irritation with is the fact that some (and as always it is always the few who cause issues for the majority), are able to run with a Freep whilst logging in on their Creep in order to spy on what is going on in the OOC chat of Creep side then hunting down the Creeps with their Freep and earning extra Infamy - which obviously they really need help to do as surely don't have enough other buffs etc to contend with. I'm sure this potentially works both ways. eg a Creep spying on Global /OOC of Freep side.

Discuss

Take Care & have FUN
    When you dual log or 2 box, you are not logged in with the same account.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

run with a Freep whilst logging in on their Creep
    Quote Originally Posted by SabrielofLorien View Post
    When you dual log or 2 box, you are not logged in with the same account.
    but could they maybe see the individuals IP who logs in creep&freep? and use that to prevent it.
    That spying can really suck hard sometimes yes. For sure there is nothing about ever to be gained in bigger scale, eg. intel for some raid vs raid action.

But when some lowbie asks if another one would want to join to kill some hobbits or or or.. and then freeps rush in there after you said it in public..

Thumbs down

I would like to read the Dev Diary, since I somehow missed this first time around. But the link in the first post does NOT go anywhere. Presumably because of the changes to the website, but .... where is it?

I found a Developers' Diary section, but there is nothing in it later than mid-May 2013 (Lalia's market).
    Linden Starfall, Leader of Mithril Crowns of Elendilmir and Arkenstone

I also went to read the dev post and could not,broken link or whatever it is.Could someone
    fix it or post a new link?
    And if the changes make it better then I'm all for that,but until I
    can read the posting I was wondering,will there be more to do as a solo freep? Because many
    ranked freeps don't group with low ranks even if they only have 4/5 freeps in the group,
    so having available solo content is a must for a new freep to be able to earn comm's .even if
    some go away around rank 6. And do you keep all the doable solo content for creeps
    as well? Because trying to group as the new creep is impossible as creep side is a lot worse
    than freep side for shunning the new guy. And taking some more items and using the money <--(gold,silver)
    would be sweet as i have over 30g on my stalker and nothing to use it on

Kick a noob to the side to solo and rank and all you get is a ranked noob that's useless. x.x

Quote Originally Posted by greendarner View Post
    I would like to read the Dev Diary, since I somehow missed this first time around. But the link in the first post does NOT go anywhere. Presumably because of the changes to the website, but .... where is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arandeath View Post
    I also went to read the dev post and could not,broken link or whatever it is.Could someone
    fix it or post a new link?
    https://www.lotro.com/en/content/rid...ary-ettenmoors

2 things are not sounding so good.

Ensure primary PvP advancement is through PvP activities.

This is no good,because new freeps have a hard time grouping most times
    as the ranked freeps don't want them in the group and shun them to the
    point of being forced to solo or just leave/not play the moors at all. The
    creep side is worse,with new creeps being ignored completely. The only
    exceptions are large kins with several members there that know them.
    new players must have solo lvl quests to get started.

Many quests that were extraneous have been removed.

The problem here is my creep has 25 or 30 daily quests to do,seems
    like my freep has half that(15/16?) which can be done as a solo with
    no rank.with the cost of armour and the need to solo to be able to rank
    it's almost too boring when your the new guy/gal.

With all the comments about who gets what buff and who is op and
    which side is more op and which skills are fair/unfair,in all those comments
    I skimmed through I don't see anyone commenting on how to get the
    new players to stay for more than a couple visits and going away for
    good from the moors, because it seems there is a rare few willing to help
    to get them going so they are willing to come back.

take a noob and let him rank solo and all you get is a ranked noob that is useless to a group.

take a noob and let him rank solo and all you get is a ranked noob that is useless to a group.
    Kinship ??

Why should people push unknown players commendation and rank? Many of them spend the most time on the graveyard or riding back to the Group because of easy target.
    I would help members of my kin, but not unknown people...

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum_EU View Post
    Kinship ??

Why should people push unknown players commendation and rank? Many of them spend the most time on the graveyard or riding back to the Group because of easy target.
    I would help members of my kin, but not unknown people...
    Don't misunderstand, in no way do I mean anyone should babysit the new guy/gal or
    go out of your way to help them get comm's/rank, but it would cost you nothing
    on a slow day to at least show someone around or give a tip or two along the
    way to kinda "get the ball rolling" as the saying goes.

This is the OLD Dev Diary.
    "A weak man uses threats. A powerful man has no need for threats. If you confront a man with the threats of force and he concedes, it is because he fears you. The threat was unnecessary. If you have the force to destroy an enemy, destroy him." - Bayushi Tangen

Thumbs down

Wow, thanks mattbonehead for making everyone think thenew eettenmoors devdiary was out. Post that stuff elsewhere.

TO EVERYONE LOOKING HERE, THE ETTENMOORES DEV DIARY IS NOT OUT YET, THIS IS OLD.
    I do it for the lulz. ~SnH~
    People @ turbine/WB are a huge tease, but dont worry they end up screwing you on every update/expansion.
    " When enough scrubs get together, they accomplish great things "

Quote Originally Posted by sebo2yoface View Post
    Wow, thanks mattbonehead for making everyone think thenew eettenmoors devdiary was out. Post that stuff elsewhere.

TO EVERYONE LOOKING HERE, THE ETTENMOORES DEV DIARY IS NOT OUT YET, THIS IS OLD.
    Oh, no, no, Sebo.... the new Dev Diary was already out... for less of one day. It seems its containing didn't like to certain group of players at all, and Turbine directly removed the diary... I guess the pre-purchases aren't still enough and they didn't want to lose more.
    "A weak man uses threats. A powerful man has no need for threats. If you confront a man with the threats of force and he concedes, it is because he fears you. The threat was unnecessary. If you have the force to destroy an enemy, destroy him." - Bayushi Tangen

Extra trait slots

So I have to know, cause you(turbine) are known for milking money as much as you can, if a creep that HAD VIP has the current amount of trait slots already unlocked, will the extra ones coming with HD have to be unlocked with tp?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000105e15/signature.png]Aurshi[/charsig]

Reavers feel like champions now... Thanks Helms Deep expansion! Thanks for nerfing sudden strikes. If I wanted to go play a champion id go play one.

I think this is a very easy fix, would drive VIP revenue up and increase PvMP exponentially - what is it? Something Turbine would have to do, not us PvP'rs:

----> Auto level to 95 with all Skill Traits unlocked upon entering GV.
    ----> Make freep buffs available for comms (hope, lore, etc).

Do those two things and I would never leave the moors, and my god would the action pick up! (not to mention additional revenue from VIP accounts).

2 things are not sounding so good.

With all the comments about who gets what buff and who is op and
    which side is more op and which skills are fair/unfair,in all those comments
    I skimmed through I don't see anyone commenting on how to get the
    new players to stay for more than a couple visits and going away for
    good from the moors, because it seems there is a rare few willing to help
    to get them going so they are willing to come back.

Ellouhollia - R13 - Hunter (BW) | Ellou - R10 - Guardian (BW) | Slye - R10 - Burglar (CH) | Borialys - R8 - Minstrel (BW)
    Freepstalker - R8 - Stalker (CH) | Freepstalker - R7 - Stalker (BW) | Allwrong - R7 - Warleader (BW)

Ettenmoors Status

Dear Turbine,

I may have missed it, but there's not been a peep about the moors.
    It's broken so badly that people are saying "it's broken on purpose".
    I say "Why do you say that? Did you see a dev post?"
    They say "No, but it's so obviously broken that it must be on purpose".

So, can you please say something - anything - like "Hey guys, sorry, we could not get it all done in time, but you're going to love the new update." Or even something acknowledging what's broken about the moors right now (I know there are some creeps that think they are just that good...but besides them, I think everyone gets it...at this point not acknowledging or even commenting about the issues is pretty silly - don't worry about twitter and fcbk feedback and everything else, just do it...being in service a long time I can tell you that acknowledging faults and sharing the action plan goes a long way to help customer loyalty).

In a way, I am glad to be forced to do nothing but level my alts (see my sig, I have plenty). But only in a small way...

Good Hunting,

Ell
    Ellouhollia - R13 - Hunter (BW) | Ellou - R10 - Guardian (BW) | Slye - R10 - Burglar (CH) | Borialys - R8 - Minstrel (BW)
    Freepstalker - R8 - Stalker (CH) | Freepstalker - R7 - Stalker (BW) | Allwrong - R7 - Warleader (BW)

at first of all türbine has to solve lag problem so we can play

Quote Originally Posted by Ellouhollia View Post
    I think this is a very easy fix, would drive VIP revenue up and increase PvMP exponentially - what is it? Something Turbine would have to do, not us PvP'rs:

----> Auto level to 95 with all Skill Traits unlocked upon entering GV.
    ----> Make freep buffs available for comms (hope, lore, etc).

Do those two things and I would never leave the moors, and my god would the action pick up! (not to mention additional revenue from VIP accounts).
    I already think it is stupid enough that you can auto lvl to 95 with big battles and it would just cause creeps to get swarmed by people who don't know how to play PVMP and they would get so high in rank and so many comms that the creep side would be full of high rank creeps that only good to very good PVMPr's could kill making PVMP boring for the people who are new to it so they would stop playing it and would start crying on the forums that creeps are OP. In the end they would get a sudden burst's of money but no steady stream which in the end would not be worth making people not like PVMP.

When are we going to get a creep mail or shared storage system? This would really be nice, it's so time consuming to transfer things from person to person. Please add a mail system.
    Meshoot, rank 9 Blackarrow, Officer of Freepaphiles Riddermark
    >:} Memento Mori {:<
    Aka Grumpis the honorable Mustelidian Pew Pew of love and cheery brightness.
    >The Mustelidian Cult is the cult, is the cult for you and me<

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpisaw View Post
    When are we going to get a creep mail or shared storage system? This would really be nice, it's so time consuming to transfer things from person to person. Please add a mail system.
    From what I've heard, either due to the way that creeps are made (based off of npcs) or due to additional lag, this will not happen.

I agree it would be nice, but I would rather have better/new features that affect pvp and/or less lag than a mail system.

Now, if Turbine ever completely redoes pvmp (which I doubt they will), then yes, put it in for the love of Sauron!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000011a1c9/signature.png]Feelmybite[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Samus1111111 View Post
    From what I've heard, either due to the way that creeps are made (based off of npcs) or due to additional lag, this will not happen.

I agree it would be nice, but I would rather have better/new features that affect pvp and/or less lag than a mail system.

Now, if Turbine ever completely redoes pvmp (which I doubt they will), then yes, put it in for the love of Sauron!
    pretty much this.

Creeps are fully session based and not built to house storage servers. To do this would create additional load lag as well as have to re-build creeps and the moors as a whole. Therefor right now, resources are better delegated to other areas of PVP

Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Brandywiner{LOTRO Player Council member}
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion
    Bubblez - Defiler
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    www.theblackappendage.com/monstermanual

Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    Therefor right now, resources are better delegated to other areas of PVP
    no resources are EVER delegated to ANY areas of PVP in LOTRO...proof is the debacle that is HD PVP.

My fix.

Cross server monster play would be a great start to a solution.

Why not offer the Moors as a layered cross-server zone and give the same options to group and enter an area with your friends as already exists. It isn't necessary to link every server, just a few at a time. Even go as far as giving people titles to show what server they are from if they want it.

Give the moors a serious face lift to accommodate the larger populations that they once held.

It would fix the sad breakdown in players on servers like mine, it seems like 20 hours a day Firefoot is pretty much rank 10+ 1v1 matches as the two factions sit together and watch sparring matches as they chat in vent and slaughter/ignore any players that show up. I'm not happy with the fact that there are no groups for "Outsiders" or even player interactions.

It would also promote community, players finding friends in other servers, jumping ship and starting new characters and spending all the more turbine points to do so.

Please make the keeps and OPs more difficult to turn, when people can solo/duo flip targets, something is broken when I remember the days of 12+ players having a hard fight.

And yes, scale Freeps to 95, Don't give them the skills, they havn't earned them but give them the option to PvP.

Another note.

Please make the keep doors unavailable in combat.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast