We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,595

    CC-ing in Orthanc T2

    So this week finally I got around to go for a ToO T2C run....I've done T1 before and dint have any issues at all...

    But in T2, the first thing I noticed was the sheer number of resists I was getting on Blinding Flash.....on the trash pulls......atleast 1 in every 3 attempts was getting resisted.....I never had any such issues with T1....I was expecting T2 mobs to have better stats and resistances, but I was quite surprised.....has anyone else encountered similar sort of resists to cc attempts?

    I have the -target debuff resistance legacy maxed out on a 2nd age lvl 75 book, I have 6k finesse and I had Fast Loader traited (was full Ancient Master anyways)....so pretty much everything I should consider was considered.....

    So I wonder if this is just me or someone else has this and if yes, is there a solution?....any ideas?....I was hitting Call to Valar almost everytime it was up trying to lock down only one mob....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000003ec1c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [COLOR="#AFEEEE"][B]Ivalden - 75 Captain (R2) - Imladris
    Drankorg - Warg (R5) - Landroval[/B][/COLOR]

  2. #2
    hmm i don'T know if he had many stuns (the mob) but they do have adaptation in T2 which mean they can only be rooted once, stunned once etc etc

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Astelor View Post
    hmm i don'T know if he had many stuns (the mob) but they do have adaptation in T2 which mean they can only be rooted once, stunned once etc etc
    Nope...not the ones with adaptation or cc-immunity.....I'm talking about resists on mobs that can be stun locked.....like the orc healers in Shadow wing trash....they have no sort of anti-cc buff.....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000003ec1c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [COLOR="#AFEEEE"][B]Ivalden - 75 Captain (R2) - Imladris
    Drankorg - Warg (R5) - Landroval[/B][/COLOR]

  4. #4
    The Shak-hai uruks in shadow t2 are immune to cc..

    I don't think i've had any problem with the healers as such, maybe ask for call to greatness from your mini
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/22219000000125cd8/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  5. #5
    The big Shakh Hai's in Shadow T2 Trash have an induction that can break the CC of a mezzed healer which, the first time you encounter it (go there on LM myself), can feel like a resisted CC. They also do this induction right at the start of the pull which can "feel" like your initial cc is resisted.

    So try having a ranged interrupt (burg / RK) targetting the Shakh hai right at the start of the fight, and have whoever is tanking them (we use champs) interrupt them throughout the fight and you may well find what feels like a lot of resists "disappears".

    Cheers

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodbiner View Post
    The Shak-hai uruks in shadow t2 are immune to cc..

    I don't think i've had any problem with the healers as such, maybe ask for call to greatness from your mini

    Guess that might help


    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph_Jackson View Post
    The big Shakh Hai's in Shadow T2 Trash have an induction that can break the CC of a mezzed healer which, the first time you encounter it (go there on LM myself), can feel like a resisted CC. They also do this induction right at the start of the pull which can "feel" like your initial cc is resisted.

    So try having a ranged interrupt (burg / RK) targetting the Shakh hai right at the start of the fight, and have whoever is tanking them (we use champs) interrupt them throughout the fight and you may well find what feels like a lot of resists "disappears".

    Cheers
    Hmm thats something I dint know.....I guess I'll have to try with dedicated interrupt on the Shak-Hai......if that is the case, it'd be a major relief I was beginning to wonder what more stats I would have to tweak to be effective.....like agility
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000003ec1c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [COLOR="#AFEEEE"][B]Ivalden - 75 Captain (R2) - Imladris
    Drankorg - Warg (R5) - Landroval[/B][/COLOR]

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by silverblade5445 View Post
    Hmm thats something I dint know.....I guess I'll have to try with dedicated interrupt on the Shak-Hai......if that is the case, it'd be a major relief I was beginning to wonder what more stats I would have to tweak to be effective.....like agility
    I don't know how your group does it, but in mine, we quickly kill off one shakhai then melee move on to nightcasters and ranged on to the lesser uruks whilst a captain stays tanking the remaining shakhai for a while. I set my eagle on that 2nd one and it normally takes care of all the interrupts.

    As for mez resists, I hardly get those. What I have noticed is that misses have become more frequent. That is something I don't have any control over. I could ramp up my finesse and it wouldn't help. It's been damn annoying in Shadow t2 as cc needs to be perfect (in my group, I permamezz two adds for half of the fight). There's not room for error and I intensely dislike the miss error being out of my control. I really wish Turbine would do away with misses for cc in raids and instances if they're gonna demand such high standards of play.
    [url]http://wanderingthroughdigitalworlds.wordpress.com/[/url]

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload