We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Why so many crafting quests bugs?

The title says it all! I've started some new characters over the last couple of days and in the course of 12 crafting quests, 5 of them have been bugged, now I would say that 5/12 getting bugged is a rather major problem!

They all have the same problem, you accept the quest from the NPC quest giver who gives you a crate with the crafting materials you need, you open the crate and receive the materials, but instead of disappearing, the crate icon 'greys out' and even if you craft the icon you can't hand it in to complete the quest, because the NPC just keeps telling you to open the damn crate! The only way I have found of clearing it is to cancel the quest and wait hours for the Master of Apprentices to offer it again!

This bug has happened to me a couple of times in the past, but 5/12 quest in the last 24 hours?

I had good luck logging out and back-in, with maybe a 5 or 10 minute delay to clear the timer. (if I log I usually get up and go do something)

I hoped you bugged them.

Quote Originally Posted by lbcadden3 View Post
    I had good luck logging out and back-in, with maybe a 5 or 10 minute delay to clear the timer. (if I log I usually get up and go do something)

I hoped you bugged them.
    No, I didn't bug them, but only because I am so fed up of being brushed off with "Not known bug". Getting told that almost every time you report something, even for the 10th time, wears you down eventually.

I just wonder if this is going to be another one of those "we are working on it" bugs 5 years later!

Quote Originally Posted by podgie_bear View Post
    The title says it all! I've started some new characters over the last couple of days and in the course of 12 crafting quests, 5 of them have been bugged, now I would say that 5/12 getting bugged is a rather major problem!
    I wonder what triggers these bugs. I done 24 of these starter crafting quests without having a problem.

When you get in the situation where the software works some of the time. Fails some of the time. It becomes a lot harder to fix.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Oh I have had characters go through the crafting quests recently without a problem too, but when it did decide to rear its ugly head, it did it with a vengeance.

I believe this happens often if you have the same item type in the inventory. Also a similar bug is triggered when there is not enough inventory space.

I wish there was an advice for beginners that completing these tutorials they can get enough materials to craft a starter gear, plus the titles.
    Also there are several exclusive crafting quests in the starter areas, see it here that give xp, resources and components. A wise and completionist begginer should do them before pick a definitive vocation
    The Signature

I have had it these on a number of characters, due to the last session of new characters I am suspicious of a location bug. You know like dying or breaking legs jumping off a fence. There used to be a location bug near the MD crafting area years ago and I noticed it was back when I had the problem the last time which is what made me think of it.

I had been trying human characters and classes, on the first few I did the crafting stuff in Combe. If it bugged it was always the scholar. On later characters I quick rode to MD because the crafting areas are closer together. The bugged happened with 2 different quest from 2 different npc's, but I was standing in the same place both times. I have not taken the time to test any further, trying to grind some tp to get at least one region on sale, hate not having any time to play lately.

podgie_bear
    I have seen you posting on the forums for a while and have much respect for you so I'm not trying to be rude.

I said bug not ticket(I stopped wasting my time with tickets long ago), Turbine doesn't respond to bug reports that I have ever seen.

I have had it these on a number of characters, due to the last session of new characters I am suspicious of a location bug. You know like dying or breaking legs jumping off a fence. There used to be a location bug near the MD crafting area years ago and I noticed it was back when I had the problem the last time which is what made me think of it.

I had been trying human characters and classes, on the first few I did the crafting stuff in Combe. If it bugged it was always the scholar. On later characters I quick rode to MD because the crafting areas are closer together. The bugged happened with 2 different quest from 2 different npc's, but I was standing in the same place both times. I have not taken the time to test any further, trying to grind some tp to get at least one region on sale, hate not having any time to play lately.

podgie_bear
    I have seen you posting on the forums for a while and have much respect for you so I'm not trying to be rude.

I said bug not ticket(I stopped wasting my time with tickets long ago), Turbine doesn't respond to bug reports that I have ever seen.
    Sorry. I don't understand the difference, I thought that bug and ticket was the same thing? And I didn't think you were being rude.

The /bug command opens a bug report form, bug reports bypass the GM's and go directly to the QA department and you get no interaction of any kind. If you are getting any kind of interaction then that is a 'ticket' which go to the GM's to look at to see if they can help in game or need to intervene in game in some way.

I will have to check, its been so long I don't remember how to start a ticket. Not sure how similar the forms look.

The /bug command opens a bug report form, bug reports bypass the GM's and go directly to the QA department and you get no interaction of any kind. If you are getting any kind of interaction then that is a 'ticket' which go to the GM's to look at to see if they can help in game or need to intervene in game in some way.

I will have to check, its been so long I don't remember how to start a ticket. Not sure how similar the forms look.
    Aahh, now I understand, thank you for that. I didn't know about the "/bug" I only knew about the "ticket" and waiting around for ever to be contacted.

I've gotten stuck on those crafting quests once or twice, but it always happened when I accepted all 3 quests for that profession at once. When I did them one at a time I've not gotten stuck like that.