We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Cappy PVP set

Cappy PVP set

Hi guys, I'm getting the Perserverence set for the decrease in defeat events and the other set with decrease cd in escape from darkness. Which of the 3 pieces of each set would you recommend I get?

We would really need more information before anyone could answer that. You're using the set bonuses for PvE I'm guessing, so there's one factor. Another would be your jewelry - without seeing your current setup it'll be hard to suggest what to change.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000104b75/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

That set pairs well with the dagor set for a crit cry build. I grabbed up the 3 perseverance pieces with crit on it.

I would grab the 3 cheapest pieces for the rez. Just instal tonic bars and create a locked hot bar with 5 slots. Put your three pieces in the hotbar then your emblem then escape from darkness. That way you can just click down the line of the hotbar. Make some more to put your normal armor back on.
    Last edited by Armitas; Jul 16 2012 at 12:28 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

If you're jewelry is might-centric, (and hopefully it is), the pieces that provide a vitality bonus are good. Especially if you're raiding. If you're good on Vitality as well, then it's really up to you, because tbh the pvp sets suck stat-wise

ps Nimbral I got Skyrim so expect to see me less in-game over the next few weeks, unless I miraculously get a beta invite (fingers crossed) :P

Quote Originally Posted by weiminc38 View Post
    Hi guys, I'm getting the Perserverence set for the decrease in defeat events and the other set with decrease cd in escape from darkness. Which of the 3 pieces of each set would you recommend I get?
    I'm curious as to why you're getting the EfD CD set. The 5piece Command set and 3piece Pers. set are much more beneficial IMO. 5piece Pers. is good for the Moors.
    Kraken, Thesungodra

Quote Originally Posted by IGolbezI View Post
    I'm curious as to why you're getting the EfD CD set. The 5piece Command set and 3piece Pers. set are much more beneficial IMO. 5piece Pers. is good for the Moors.
    I disagree. I've got 3 from the pers. set and working my way to 3 of the loyalty set. The 2 piece loyalty bonus of +713 Tact and Phys Mit > than the 2 piece command bonus of +113 ICPR since I have jewelry that gives me more than enough of it. I also think the 3 set loyalty bonus of reduced CD on Escape from Darkness is much more applicable in different scenarios (pve or pvp) than the reduced CD on Last Stand from the command set. Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mirkwood View Post
    I disagree. I've got 3 from the pers. set and working my way to 3 of the loyalty set. The 2 piece loyalty bonus of +713 Tact and Phys Mit > than the 2 piece command bonus of +113 ICPR since I have jewelry that gives me more than enough of it. I also think the 3 set loyalty bonus of reduced CD on Escape from Darkness is much more applicable in different scenarios (pve or pvp) than the reduced CD on Last Stand from the command set. Just my two cents.
    In addition, if you have blood of numenor class trait and maxed EfD CD legacy, I think that might equate to 5 min. rezzes. That's pretty darn good.

In addition, if you have blood of numenor class trait and maxed EfD CD legacy, I think that might equate to 5 min. rezzes. That's pretty darn good.
    i prefer not to trait for death, rather trait for victory.

for cooldowns like EfD i also prefer to switch out right before i rez, then just switch back to whatever i was wearing. personally i mainly duo or small group in the moors, and i play a freep, so i don't usually need rezzes anyway :P
    Last edited by IGolbezI; Jul 16 2012 at 10:38 PM.
    Kraken, Thesungodra

Quote Originally Posted by IGolbezI View Post
    i prefer not to trait for death, rather trait for victory.
    Well in the Moors, someone going down is pretty close to inevitable....the more I can get up in the shortest amount of time leads to a higher chance of ultimate victory ;p

Does the 5-set bonus to Sure Strike actually give 10% incoming damage? I heard tooltip says so, but Baingrist clickie tooltip pre-RoI said +5% dev chance and it didn't do anything.
    Last edited by Elrantiri; Jul 17 2012 at 03:27 PM.

Well in the Moors, someone going down is pretty close to inevitable....the more I can get up in the shortest amount of time leads to a higher chance of ultimate victory ;p
    in the moors if you're rezzing you have no creeps on you, and if you have no creeps on you there's probably time to switch, rez, then switch back. swapping 3 pieces doesn't take much time at all
    Kraken, Thesungodra

Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    Does the 5-set bonus to Sure Strike actually give 10% incoming damage? I heard tooltip says so, but Baingrist clickie tooltip pre-RoI said +5% dev chance and it didn't do anything.
    Yep, it gives 10%. 5% base + 5% from Telling Mark legacy (for some reason).
    Beastwise - Captain, R15 | Shock and Awe | Gladden