We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Grouping/ Angmar and Fornost instances

As I find it extremly difficult to make a fellowship and do some instance, not mentioning raids (which i think are impossible to be done due to lack of players wishing to group) I came to idea that those players who want to group and make instances toghether can meet here.
    For me instances are most interesting parts of game. Way more than boring skirmishes, most of quests etc. Also, LOTRO is MMO, not SOLO RPG- in fact instances are almost only places, when cooperation is needed. And working tooghether in team gives more fun (yeah, i solo done few world instances, but it was entertaining not even in half as doing same instances in team)
    I'm 55lv warden, and i'm looking for players 50lv+ to make all Angmar instances (to make deeds some of them must be done few times); Fornost instances; Helegrond and Angmar raids- most of them just for fun; some for deeds, some to finish quests. Now i will move to Eregion, there are (as i think) few more instances to be done.
    I done Annuninas instances (after looking for players for weeks...), but I can make them again, if someone need them.
    So, if there are people who, as i, are looking for players, we can write here who have time when, and then maybe we will be able to form some fellowships.
    Write when you have time in GMT, please.
    In general, i have time

1: You can only group with people on your server. Please include your server in posts like this.

2: Most kins have regular times when they run fellowship quests / instances / raids. If you're not in a kin, join one. If your kin doesn't do this, set it up or find another kin that does. Finding people to run these while unaffiliated is difficult, I know that from experience. Kins help tremendously in this regard.

Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralcanwolf View Post
    1: You can only group with people on your server. Please include your server in posts like this.
    Why don't people ever look and the thread location when they post stuff like this?
    He is in the Nimrodel server!
    (btw, I have the exact same issues in the Elendilmir server - no real solution for you except for finding a kinship with like leved characters to run them with you - good luck)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001ee718/01008/signature.png]Lucanthanas[/charsig]

Hmmm, have you tried:

/joinchannel glff

This would be your 'Global Looking for Fellowship' channel. Besides the fact that it is filled with PvMP chatter, idle banter (which should be on gooc but no-one ever listens), and mindless whine fests, this channel is an invaluable tool in finding groups.

When in Angmar, looking for a group, you either have to try the instance finder (ACK!) or use lff. Well, the problem with LFF while you are in Angmar is that you are limited to the Angmar LFF channel. My guess is that considering Angmar has very little reward and is a slow questing area that the average population of this zone, even on Brandywine, would be about 10 people. Even with the North Downs LFF, with Fornost being a level 40ish instance, and the quests in the North Downs ending at about 35 and everyone high tailing it to Evendim by that point, the average population of (excluding crafters) in the North Downs that are high enough level to do Fornost is probably in the ballpark of 15... Maybe less.

Now, add GLFF to the mix, and on a regular night you will find maybe 200 people (of which 3/4 are probably level cap) and you have a huge base of people who, if nothing else, need to complete some deeds. With 10 toons, I could always use a CD/Uru run to knock off some extra deeds, and in fact, I do join a few of them. The more people who turn glff on, the more people that you can draw upon to do instances like this.

Try it some time, and just remember, glff is supposed to be a tool to find fellowships, if you see too much banter, just remember that /ignore is just as useful a tool.

Lucanthanas thank you, I thought I made some terrible mistake.
    Post is in Nimrodel forum, so it means I'm playing in the Nimrodel server.
    Problem is, that even larger kins (or at least I think they are large...) that have few hundred members, usually at a time have few, maybe several players online, with most players being online weeks or months ago. Each player different level. If you want to make GB, maybe GA in their lowest possible levels, there will be enough people. But if you want to make something 10-20lv higher, then it is a problem.
    Ok, I don't have much experience, my actual kin is second one. But I don't want to abandon one, join another only to leave it after next week or two without doing some creative work.
    So I thought it will be easier to find/form some "multikin" instance/raid focused group.

Quote Originally Posted by Galwir View Post
    Problem is, that even larger kins (or at least I think they are large...) that have few hundred members, usually at a time have few, maybe several players online, with most players being online weeks or months ago. Each player different level. If you want to make GB, maybe GA in their lowest possible levels, there will be enough people. But if you want to make something 10-20lv higher, then it is a problem.
    Ok, I don't have much experience, my actual kin is second one. But I don't want to abandon one, join another only to leave it after next week or two without doing some creative work.
    So I thought it will be easier to find/form some "multikin" instance/raid focused group.
    If you are having issues with your kin having hundreds of players, but very few online ever, then you are dealing with a dead, or dying kin. This is generally the fault of the leader. Dead weight must be cleared, and fresh blood brought in nearly constantly to maintain a decent kin. Running a kin isn't an easy task, been there, done that. It requires a lot of work, and most people who make a kin just aren't prepared for the task. Generally speaking, if someone hasn't logged in for 90 days or more, they aren't coming back (just watch for dismissing alts of active players).

I'm not sure what kin you are in, but even the largest kins have 'niche' groups. I've seen kins with 1500 members (about half to 3/4 inactive mind you), have 50+ people on at any given night, but can you find a group? Nope, of the 50, 36 were raid groups (3 groups of 12), that basically only played with each other, and occasionally drew on the remaining 14 to fill in when someone was sick. The remaining 14 couldn't pull off a GS run because 10 of them were wating to see if a raid group needed an extra body (and logged off shortly thereafter), and the other 4 were leveling alts and didn't want to talk to anyone.

So even 'large' kins don't always work to your benefit. Find a kin that you fit in with, people you like talking too. It's the people you talk to that are willing to join you on a Fornost run even when they don't need anything inside. And don't forget my above post.

Thank you Kril. I will try to use glff (now I now how to use it. Yes I know I'm noob). LFF channel, Open Fellowships, and marks "lff" don't work (at least in my experience). While using LFF, usually no one response (because, as you wrote, most people able to do instances in one region are already in different region), sometimes one player. So it is waste of my and his/her time. Open fellowships- usually it ends with some random asking for help players 10, 20 or 30 lv below my own, usually in doing quests they are not meant to do. Mark lff gives same irritating invitations.
    But I hope glff will help...