We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Strange Leader of Men woes, and Brother buff questions.

Hello fellow captains. Me and my wife duo cappys together (I'm HoH, and she's LoM) (also we both utilize standards). We recently noticed that her legendary cap trait "Leader of Men" puts a Shield Brother buff on herself when she makes me her Shield Brother. However this is forcing MY shield brother buff on her to toggle off, cutting off some of my skills and forcing me to use a herald when duoing, just to use my shield brother skills...

My main concern is this: Will this effect Song or Blade Brother? Meaning, if I have say...Song Brother on her, and she puts shield brother on me, will my song brother buff on her be toggled off, because of her own shield brother buff on herself?

Simply put, do the "Brother" toggles force each other off, if different captains cast it on the same target?

I have my HoH capstone trait "Hands of Healing" slotted, by the way. so if that changes anything with the Song Brother skill in this hypothesis, let me know.

each capstone give FULL benefit of its respective "bro" skill to the giver (the capn using the skill)

so, there is no need for you to shield brother her... you would be better off using using Song Brother and you both should get FULL effect from BOTH brother skills.

if you really want to both have a slightly better shield brother, you would need for her to NOT use the LoM capstone (actually, i could be wrong on this... some fine cap will correct me... or you can test al this with your wife, while both of you sit at a bard!), and you have Fellowship Brother slotted. this way, you can shiled-brother each other for full effect and get the "lesser" Fellowship-brother effect from that legendary trait.

that option would give you the highest SHIELD brother effects. if that is the brother skill you MUST have.

most bang for you buck would be to use the respective bro skills for the capstone you each use.

i hope im being clear.

as for my opinion, one or both of you should go red-line and use Blade Brother! thats the most money of all the bro-skills!

edit: ooo, 1500 posts! im legit now!
    Last edited by SapienChavez; Jul 14 2012 at 02:14 PM.

Only downside to Song Brother on a LoM captain tank is the -healing threat, which has the potential to cause agro issues. Either way, by using both, it allows both of you to have Song and Shield up.

From a tank's perspective:
    Skill Blade Song
    Brother Toggle ICMR is a slight reduction to healing load
    Crit will help with threat generation
    ICPR will the LoM tank with power issues
    -Healing Threat may cause agro issues
    Strength of Will Faster Attack speed = more skills/minute -healing costs useful for power convservation
    To Arms More threat from increased DPS More threat from increased healing
    Inspire HoT + PoT Better Support for the HoH PoT means LoM power problems vanish

Hopefully that helps.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Quote Originally Posted by MBAS1984 View Post
    Hello fellow captains. Me and my wife duo cappys together (I'm HoH, and she's LoM) (also we both utilize standards). We recently noticed that her legendary cap trait "Leader of Men" puts a Shield Brother buff on herself when she makes me her Shield Brother. However this is forcing MY shield brother buff on her to toggle off, cutting off some of my skills and forcing me to use a herald when duoing, just to use my shield brother skills...

My main concern is this: Will this effect Song or Blade Brother? Meaning, if I have say...Song Brother on her, and she puts shield brother on me, will my song brother buff on her be toggled off, because of her own shield brother buff on herself?

Simply put, do the "Brother" toggles force each other off, if different captains cast it on the same target?

I have my HoH capstone trait "Hands of Healing" slotted, by the way. so if that changes anything with the Song Brother skill in this hypothesis, let me know.
    Yeah you can't stack the same Shield Brother effects on a single target. This can be annoying sometimes, and has caused me some grief in the past with other Captains who kept over-riding my brother skill.

But you should be able to put Song Brother on her and let her put Shield Brother on you. As long as you both have your capstones equipped - both of you should get the full benefits of both Shield and Song brother that way. Which sounds like a very nice duo combo btw ^^ Endless power + good survivivality makes for a very powerful combination.
    Last edited by Jeremi; Jul 14 2012 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    Yeah you can't stack the same Shield Brother effects on a single target. This can be annoying sometimes, and has caused me some grief in the past with other Captains who kept over-riding my brother skill.

But you should be able to put Song Brother on her and let her put Shield Brother on you. As long as you both have your capstones equipped - both of you should get the full benefits of both Shield and Song brother that way. Which sounds like a very nice duo combo btw ^^ Endless power + good survivivality makes for a very powerful combination.
    It works, and if you have a third captain, the tank can have all three XBros on them.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Quote Originally Posted by SapienChavez View Post
    edit: ooo, 1500 posts! im legit now!
    i must disagree.
    Kraken, Thesungodra

Excellent, thank you all for the detailed information. Looks like I'll have to deal with a herald for a few levels, but once I hit 70, and can roll with Song Brother, and my HoH Capstone legendary, I't'll be well worth the wait!