We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The Volunteer Militia Present The Comb & Wattle Tavern Night!

(The VM tavern night returns! All are welcome to attend. Music and ale, dance and jest await!
    Doors open at 3pm /servertime - 8pm UK time this Wednesday in Combe and the event will last between an hour to two hours.)

Last edited by Arundar; Jul 18 2012 at 11:11 AM.
    [url]http://volunteer.enjin.com/home[/url]

I take this to mean the Militia is active once more?

Will be good to encounter Arundar or some of his men out on patrol.
    Khalis - A Captain of Imladris and Maethor of House Vanimar

Aye Twen we are back! Khalis hope we can do that co-event soon, i'll get in contact IC.

I am looking forward to this tomorrow night. I hope to see many volunteers and general public at the event!
    Volunteer.enjin.com

I got there a little later than I hoped, and I missed it

Hope it went well, and I'm just sorry I didn't get there in time.

Don't worry, you didn't miss a thing as the event never took a place for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by warderion View Post
    Don't worry, you didn't miss a thing as the event never took a place for some reason...
    Actually the event did take place, we waited to about 20 minutes past 8pm when it started and no one showed up, no one at all, so we left. Pretty annoying since i personally sent out about 15 IC invites to kin leaders/officers two days before the event to invite their members if they wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Arundar View Post
    Actually the event did take place, we waited to about 20 minutes past 8pm when it started and no one showed up, no one at all, so we left.
    What do you mean no one showed up? Childer of the North were there (we came at around 8:05 pm UK time) and another player was there too (can't remember the name, sorry) We stayed a bit (like half an hour or so) and then we left because no one else came...

I would go but this confuses me:

Doors open at 3pm /servertime - 8pm UK time this Wednesday in Combe

What is servertime? Is it different that someting being so and so EST?

Quote Originally Posted by Shire_Girl View Post
    I would go but this confuses me:

Doors open at 3pm /servertime - 8pm UK time this Wednesday in Combe

What is servertime? Is it different that someting being so and so EST?
    UK time = server time + 5 hours. The reason why some people choose to announce server time for the event is because you can always check what is the server time in game while typing in your chat "/servertime" command (without the quotes), so it's easy to know and to calculate the difference between your local time and server time. And if you need to know the difference between your local time and UK time, you can always use some online time zone converter site such as this one for example http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/ there are plenty of such websites, just google it

That also clashes with the Hall of Fire so people who have Elven and Men characters might opt to attend the regular Hall of Fire event and the roleplay which often occurs around Imladris (Rivendell) on the same evening.
    Khalis - A Captain of Imladris and Maethor of House Vanimar