We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

suggestions for increasing might/phys mastery

Hi all,
    Looking for some input on ways to get might and/or phys mastery higher without sacrificing much vit/crit - mainly for PvMP, but PvE too.
    I mostly solo for PvMP.

My standard build for PvE is:
    6pc GC set (working on TO unlocks, so far just have lightning)
    Blademaster cloak (122M, 656 crit)
    Exquisite GR Earring of might (63M, 337 Morale, 336 crit, 672PM) (have empowered exemplar, but it's less than 300PM for 336 crit.)
    Earring of the Forrest Feet (126M, 169 morale, 336 crit)
    Ancient moonstone +topaz neck (77M, 204 crit, other minor things)
    Exquisite GR bracelet of strength (63M, 63vit, 296 pwr, 336 crit)
    Bracelet of strength remembered (92vit, 323 morale) [feel too squishy w/o this]
    Trenadhrin (63M, 32Agi, 337 morale, 56ICPR, 336 PM)
    Empowered exemplars ring (126M, 169 morale, 336TM, finesse)
    Empowered exemplars bauble (126M, 32vit, 672 crit)

That puts me at 1678 Might (meh) (25K Phys mastery), 7113 crit, 4k finesse, 7580 morale with hope equipped (all unbuffed)

PvMP
    Recently got 3rd piece of Perseverence set (was going for 3 set bonus to have in the bags, I realize command set has higher might, will work on that next)
    I swap in some items mainly for tactical mits:
    Sarchol (337 morale, 1k finesse, 1513 tact/phys mit)
    Exquisite GR necklace of morale (63 vit, 236 morale, 1075 inc healing, 681 tact/phys mit)
    3 perseverence (boots, gaunts, legs)
    Illuminated GR book of defense (95 vit, 672 crit, 681 tact/phys mit)

That drops me to 1191 might (uggh!) (19.5Phys Mast), 7146 crit, 3k finesse, 8502 morale unbuffed with hope equipped.

I don't have any Might settings on LI's, I could add another ~70? might that way if I wanted to give up some legacies.
    Bracelets seem to be weak as far as Might/mastery, as does Trenadhrin.

If I swap in something like Bracelet of Wraths hour (92M, 92Agi, 328 crit) for GR bracelet, and Empowered exemplars earring for GR earring, that puts me at 1314 might (20K PM) 6963 crit, 8145 morale, not sure that is worth it though.

I'm curious as to how other cappies get might up to 2000-2400 range. I don't think ToO sets add all that much might or phys mastery vs GC set right? (other good stuff, yes, but just talking might/mastery here)
    Is it just a lot of little things like Discipline virtue, might legacies, food, tomes, or am I missing some major things here?

I've been holding my own in 1v1's in the moors, having fun, but feel I could do better if I can get phys mastery up.
    (Running LtC, and have Fidelity, Tolerance, Valour, Innocence, and Zeal slotted (all @14)

Thanks
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000003d2a9e/signature.png]Gothgul[/charsig]

Exemplars + victors jewelry, then the might legacies on your LIs.

ToO armor will help, but it's not that much of an improvement over the gallant commander stuff.

Use one bracelet and your relics for crit.
    Last edited by Almagnus1; Jul 13 2012 at 12:37 AM.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Here is what I run with solo 4xPerseverance 2xLoyalty(Helm/Gloves):

I'm not too happy with my Agility and Finesse, I seem to have a lot of problems with misses and Evades, Haven't found any way to improve on this problem without losing other stats yet.

There is not much point taking Might above 1500-1700 for PvP if you ask me, the amount of TM/PM you gain from it is way too small compared to what you lose Morale/Tact mit wise.
    High Chieftain Zlaughter
    Commander Tarturin
    |MI6| - Evernight
    Original Challenger of Saruman | Original Challenger of Gothmog

Quote Originally Posted by NogodZ View Post
    Hi all,
    Looking for some input on ways to get might and/or phys mastery higher without sacrificing much vit/crit - mainly for PvMP, but PvE too.
    I mostly solo for PvMP.

My standard build for PvE is:
    6pc GC set (working on TO unlocks, so far just have lightning)
    Blademaster cloak (122M, 656 crit)
    Exquisite GR Earring of might (63M, 337 Morale, 336 crit, 672PM) (have empowered exemplar, but it's less than 300PM for 336 crit.)
    Earring of the Forrest Feet (126M, 169 morale, 336 crit)
    Ancient moonstone +topaz neck (77M, 204 crit, other minor things)
    Exquisite GR bracelet of strength (63M, 63vit, 296 pwr, 336 crit)
    Bracelet of strength remembered (92vit, 323 morale) [feel too squishy w/o this]
    Trenadhrin (63M, 32Agi, 337 morale, 56ICPR, 336 PM)
    Empowered exemplars ring (126M, 169 morale, 336TM, finesse)
    Empowered exemplars bauble (126M, 32vit, 672 crit)

That puts me at 1678 Might (meh) (25K Phys mastery), 7113 crit, 4k finesse, 7580 morale with hope equipped (all unbuffed)

PvMP
    Recently got 3rd piece of Perseverence set (was going for 3 set bonus to have in the bags, I realize command set has higher might, will work on that next)
    I swap in some items mainly for tactical mits:
    Sarchol (337 morale, 1k finesse, 1513 tact/phys mit)
    Exquisite GR necklace of morale (63 vit, 236 morale, 1075 inc healing, 681 tact/phys mit)
    3 perseverence (boots, gaunts, legs)
    Illuminated GR book of defense (95 vit, 672 crit, 681 tact/phys mit)

That drops me to 1191 might (uggh!) (19.5Phys Mast), 7146 crit, 3k finesse, 8502 morale unbuffed with hope equipped.

I don't have any Might settings on LI's, I could add another ~70? might that way if I wanted to give up some legacies.
    Bracelets seem to be weak as far as Might/mastery, as does Trenadhrin.

If I swap in something like Bracelet of Wraths hour (92M, 92Agi, 328 crit) for GR bracelet, and Empowered exemplars earring for GR earring, that puts me at 1314 might (20K PM) 6963 crit, 8145 morale, not sure that is worth it though.

I'm curious as to how other cappies get might up to 2000-2400 range. I don't think ToO sets add all that much might or phys mastery vs GC set right? (other good stuff, yes, but just talking might/mastery here)
    Is it just a lot of little things like Discipline virtue, might legacies, food, tomes, or am I missing some major things here?

I've been holding my own in 1v1's in the moors, having fun, but feel I could do better if I can get phys mastery up.
    (Running LtC, and have Fidelity, Tolerance, Valour, Innocence, and Zeal slotted (all @14)

Thanks
    Since you are trying to boost your might but are concerned about becoming "squishy" there is that Bracelet of Fallen Orcs that gives 126 might, 63 vitality, and 143 power. I can't remember exactly where I picked this up however. I want to say maybe tier2 foundry or roots but I'm not positive so don't quote me on that. You can always just look it up.

That might be a decent piece for you to use instead of what you are now.

Other than that you could always just pick and choose which ever pieces you want from the Limelight and Tower of Orthanc sets that have high Might/Vitality stats on them. I'm sure you could build up a very impressive combination of might/vitality doing that.

A couple of good might/vit cappy bracelets:
    [item]Over-sized Hill Giant's Ring[/item]
    [item]Bracelet of the Unbent Knee[/item]
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Apparently, I need to do more Way of Smiths runs. I'm still using Exemplar + the Might ring you can buy in Galtrev. The Exemplar earring drops a fair amount of morale vs. what I had before it, though, so the Hill Giant ring is going to be on my wants list now.

And, yeah, Bracelet of the Unbent Knee is great and also drops pretty regularly, so it's not hard to get.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Enguilan_Campaign

Here is a full list of the 12 man Moria skirmishes, there are some very nice drops there

Edit: Here is the full list of Skirmish campaigns

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cate...mish_Campaigns
    Last edited by transpec; Jul 13 2012 at 04:54 PM.