We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: F2P PvP

F2P PvP

Hi Devs/Cordovan

Was wondering if there is a posibility to make PvP free?

Instead you could put new items in the store for example A Bag Of Commedations (1000 = 500TP)

Maybe something else too.

This would attract more people and would give you a chance to earn money from new items in store

Quote Originally Posted by NotSoWeird View Post
    Hi Devs/Cordovan

Was wondering if there is a posibility to make PvP free?

Instead you could put new items in the store for example A Bag Of Commedations (1000 = 500TP)

Maybe something else too.

This would attract more people and would give you a chance to earn money from new items in store
    Pvmp is free for f2p i personally unlocked all store only apperances slots etc for my reaver and my warleader...You can also play moors as freep(although i am playing Lotro for the creep side only) by grinding Lotro points ...With lotro points you can buy mithril coins and with mithril coins you can acess the moors when expires grind more lotro points rinse and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Hatred View Post
    With lotro points you can buy mithril coins and with mithril coins you can acess the moors when expires grind more lotro points rinse and repeat.
    That's literally the worst suggestion I've ever seen

Are you actually suggesting that commendations should be available in the store? As if they aren't easy enough to earn already? Bad players want points too, I suppose.

Also considering automatic access to creep classes and freep access to the moors is the only exclusive perk for VIP's, this would kill off a large portion of the remaining subs.

Horrible idea /thread

Quote Originally Posted by helepolistic View Post
    Are you actually suggesting that commendations should be available in the store?
    Who cares if they're in the store? I'm 24/7 comms capped because the only thing to buy with them anymore are potions, due to character-bound(WHY?!!?) Emp scrolls and limited bag and bank space for potions keeps me at 15k with a surplus.

It's not like they'd be doing anything but speeding up the process of buying redundant armour and gear.

You're right that making the moors F2P entirely would kill off probably the only reason to subscribe to the game, which is why they'll never do it. There have been many, many excellent suggestions for VIP bonuses that would really bring people back to the game and make them wanna pay for it, but they just get ignored despite being easy to implement.
    Leader of Hysteria

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    You're right that making the moors F2P entirely would kill off probably the only reason to subscribe to the game, which is why they'll never do it. There have been many, many excellent suggestions for VIP bonuses that would really bring people back to the game and make them wanna pay for it, but they just get ignored despite being easy to implement.
    Well it kind of seems like either PvMP is important for subscriptions which are important for income, or they're not important. If they are important, then it doesn't make sense that PvMP gets 1/100th the development time (personal guesstimate) as PvE. If it isn't important, then why not just make it F2P? It's a little hard to believe that PvMP somehow threads the needle and is important enough to their income to not allow it to be free, but not important enough to warrant a significant amount of development time.

Quote Originally Posted by Int View Post
    Well it kind of se...
    I think PVP'ers make up a much larger subset of players than Turbone/SSG/Cordovan would want us to believe, because then our more difficult, less run of the mill dev work requirements might have to be realised. I wouldn't say we're the only thing propping up the game though. My estimation would be (going by what I see, who has ranks, common sense, educated guess etc):

50% of people have never set foot in PVP (at endgame).
    50% of people have set foot in PVP and could thus be considered PVP'ers, but with subsets.
    30% of the total number of players are active in PVP.
    5% of the total number of players are hardcore in PVP.

I think we make up a substantial chunk of the population, and a very substantial chunk of the profits. What reason is there to use the store when everything is easy except winning in the moors (for the average player)? I think a set of players that may even (at a very generous level to Cordovan) make up only 5-7% of the total population of the game, is pretty huge, particularly when one of the only benefits of being a VIP which is SSG's primary reliable source of income, is PVP access for Freepside (and Creepside if you haven't bought your class).

For an endgame player that's had VIP once, you gain the following from remaining a VIP:

Custom character portrait frame (that isn't as nice as the anniversary ones and I never see anyone use).
    Weekly gold hobbit present ranging from a 0.01% chance at a Remembrance crystal (useful) to a high likelihood of receiving 5 biscuits. This has been reduced to once every 3 days IIRC, but is still junk.
    500 LP per month - Can be bought for less than the VIP subscription cost and you receive more (600) when there's not a deal on, with the deal you'll receive 700-800.
    Access to all Creep classes - Can be paid for with TP once you've VIP'd for a single month and unlocked all your traits.
    Unlimited chat - Probably one of the biggest selling features, I hate being limited on my alternate accounts, but I wouldn't pay for this.
    No currency cap - This can be removed by paying in the store anyway?
    Additional inventory slots - Yep, useful, but can also be bought in the store.

What of this is really going to make you wanna subscribe? On the page with VIP benefits it even states "Over a $300 value", but I don't know what pipe they've been smoking to get that number, because to me that's barely worth $10. I'm very glad I'm Lifetime lets put it that way.

Things you could purchase on the store with the TP you'd buy from your monthly sub (or just pay a tiny bit more and get like 1500 points) include damage boosters, tomes of def (pretty OP), mithril coins, renames, travel skills, time-savers, potions, crafting boosters. The list is endless, the store is actually pretty good, albeit overpriced.
    Leader of Hysteria

Pvmp must be pay to play like a quest packs buy once enjoy forever. If people claiming this will be a big cut for income for ssg, please then consider to think to find a reasonable answer, why pvmp is not first priority?
    “It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” Bilbo Baggins

If SSG decide make Pvmp for F2P, there is few way to resolve.
    There is my suggestions :

Daily temporary access to PvP for Premium Account.
    You got tokens for 3hour from NPC beside South Bree stable.
    For creeps - Free to Enter, but with few restrictions down there.
    You cant spent comms, buy anything from class trader.
    You cant accelerate your renown/infamy
    For creeps:
    if you are not VIP, you cant open lootboxes, cant buy store skills.
    You can spent comms for trait,skills.
    You can spent comms for rank promotion
    Foods supplier, tribe clerk is access able

3. If you are VIP you have full access.

edit: typos
    "To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supereme excellence.
    Supreme excellence consist in breaking enemys resitance without fighting" Sun Tzu - the Art of War.

Thumbs up

This really has to be done. Becoming vip just for pvmp for me not attractive.I prefer to buy region,quest packs and play them forever. Meanwhile lotro sales creep classes to play like this. They can do 1 freep character permenant access as well. Which means you have to buy per character.
    “It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” Bilbo Baggins

At this point, they might as well. This game really doesn't have much to offer anymore other than that.

it would be nice if the pass counted moors time instead of real time. anyway, they will lose money if they do this (or we go into maint. mode moors with 0 support) so it probably won't happen. It's ironic, they can't do anything for pvp but are still using it as a selling point.

Quote Originally Posted by wretchesandkings View Post
    it would be nice if the pass counted moors time instead of real time. anyway, they will lose money if they do this (or we go into maint. mode moors with 0 support) so it probably won't happen. It's ironic, they can't do anything for pvp but are still using it as a selling point.
    I don't see how they are making money, seems like they are losing it now by a lot from recent lay-offs. It's not like this game is in its prime anymore, though I do agree them using it as a selling point is laughable considering how much "interest" they have in it.

Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    I don't see how they are making money, seems like they are losing it now by a lot from recent lay-offs. It's not like this game is in its prime anymore, though I do agree them using it as a selling point is laughable considering how much "interest" they have in it.
    they aren't making money, but no matter how you look at it, they will lose subs if pvp goes free.