We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Enough

Enough

So before likely I retire this forum account, I thought I'd make one last post. Because of my unfortunate addiction to posting, as well as my unfortunate addiction to trying to help other PvPers see what should be obvious, I'll make a last ditch effort to put an end to the nonsense that has spread across our once-glorious and hilarious Monster Play forums.

As many of you I am sure with agree, this game has declined of late. Majorly. There are some of us here that are here soley for the PvP (me for instance.) Now we're probably insane (or masochists, or is that the same thing?) for sticking around to PvP here of all places.

I mean most of us agree: the PvP is bad. However, there is one thing that a lot of you don't understand.

No matter how many promises are made: things are unlikely to get better (or much better). Thread's are popping up daily now, asking, pleading, begging for Turbine to wake up, and finally throw us PvPers a bone. Some believe that bone is coming with the new Osgiliath map, that featured new promises of better PvP to come

Sound familiar? It should. It's the same old story, with the same old promises. Now this isn't to say that the next update won't actually be decent; there's no way of knowing that for sure. But, don't count on it. Don't peg your hopes and dreams for this game on their promises, which have tended to be empty for some years now.

Secondly, the whole concept of sides needs to stop. What is this, 2011? There are no sides. We're all on the same side. We're all PvPers, and are either part of the problem, or part of the solution. Those bad players you think only reside on Freepside? They probably play Creeps too and do the same things they complain about Creeps doing. Those skillless zerglings you think play Creepside? They probably play Freeps too, and carry out acts of hyprocrisy with anonymity on that side as well. You want to know another reason why PvP in this game sucks? The community. The community, and especially the PvP one has degraded so far from what it used to be it's somewhat depressing, but mostly ridiculous.

Thirdly and finally, the complaining is foolish. There are complaint threads everywhere, and more pop up daily. These threads do nothing but state the obvious and spread the foolishness...the cancer that has been growing on these forums for years. Trolliing (and bad trolling too, get it together you sluggards), flame wars, and even #### like inter-server disputes have leaked out here, spreading the disease across these once beautiful forums.

If you can't find a way to enjoy this game, then you shouldn't be here. There's the door --------->. Get out. Complaining won't change anything. Trust me. Most of us have tried a failed a thousand times over. It doesn't work. If you're only here because the great name of The Lord of the Rings is stamped all over this poser of a game, then you should leave. Find something to play for, or stop playing. Simple as that.

Tl;dr: Get it together maggots.

nicely said and i agree 100 percent
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

Quote Originally Posted by Selebrimbor View Post
    So before likely I retire this forum account, I thought I'd make one last post. Because of my unfortunate addiction to posting, as well as my unfortunate addiction to trying to help other PvPers see what should be obvious, I'll make a last ditch effort to put an end to the nonsense that has spread across our once-glorious and hilarious Monster Play forums.

As many of you I am sure with agree, this game has declined of late. Majorly. There are some of us here that are here soley for the PvP (me for instance.) Now we're probably insane (or masochists, or is that the same thing?) for sticking around to PvP here of all places.

I mean most of us agree: the PvP is bad. However, there is one thing that a lot of you don't understand.

No matter how many promises are made: things are unlikely to get better (or much better). Thread's are popping up daily now, asking, pleading, begging for Turbine to wake up, and finally throw us PvPers a bone. Some believe that bone is coming with the new Osgiliath map, that featured new promises of better PvP to come

Sound familiar? It should. It's the same old story, with the same old promises. Now this isn't to say that the next update won't actually be decent; there's no way of knowing that for sure. But, don't count on it. Don't peg your hopes and dreams for this game on their promises, which have tended to be empty for some years now.

Are you not doing the exact same thing you are complaining about? or are you above the rules you want others to follow?
    Secondly, the whole concept of sides needs to stop. What is this, 2011? There are no sides. We're all on the same side. We're all PvPers, and are either part of the problem, or part of the solution. Those bad players you think only reside on Freepside? They probably play Creeps too and do the same things they complain about Creeps doing. Those skillless zerglings you think play Creepside? They probably play Freeps too, and carry out acts of hyprocrisy with anonymity on that side as well. You want to know another reason why PvP in this game sucks? The community. The community, and especially the PvP one has degraded so far from what it used to be it's somewhat depressing, but mostly ridiculous.

Thirdly and finally, the complaining is foolish. There are complaint threads everywhere, and more pop up daily. These threads do nothing but state the obvious and spread the foolishness...the cancer that has been growing on these forums for years. Trolliing (and bad trolling too, get it together you sluggards), flame wars, and even #### like inter-server disputes have leaked out here, spreading the disease across these once beautiful forums.

If you can't find a way to enjoy this game, then you shouldn't be here. There's the door --------->. Get out. Complaining won't change anything. Trust me. Most of us have tried a failed a thousand times over. It doesn't work. If you're only here because the great name of The Lord of the Rings is stamped all over this poser of a game, then you should leave. Find something to play for, or stop playing. Simple as that.

Tl;dr: Get it together maggots.
    Are you not doing the exact same thing you are complaining about? or are you above the rules you want others to follow?
    Formerly Derlan of Arkenstone, Thistlebeard of Crickhollow, Thistlehair of Brandywine. Once again Derlan of Arkenstone. Your Welcome for the $75 WB.

Auzue, Number (Arkenstone)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilantuk View Post
    I can already tell the OP is complaining about complaining and saying it won't change anything. Ironically his complaining about complaining won't change anything either. As for the OP...

and you all are complaining about him complaining but im not complaining im just pointing it out
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

Consumption is the most powerful, and under utilized tool gamers have. People keep consuming the product and complaining about it. There really isnt anything left to say, ive pointed out many times how absurd it is, I mean I wish you all the best op.

Ya, stop playing and buying the product, youre being farmed.

*shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Selebrimbor View Post
    our once-glorious and hilarious Monster Play forums.
    puff puff pass m9
    Eniigmatik | Exploit

I swear that over the past 8 years I've seen this kind of thread a few times. Thanks Captain Obs. for starting yet another.

Just kidding. Hey it's pvp. It's usually unfair beings it's always been a numbers game and although some try to exert peer pressure to turn the moors into one large sparring program it's also mostly about trying to annoy the enemy and I don't care which side someone logs on too because if it's one of those spoiled, perk happy min/maxers bent on soloing entire creep raids I will insult you and harass you (by pouncing you and running before I get 12 dots) because you are on the enemy side. If you don't want to be the enemy log on as a creep. (yes I know 90% play both sides but 90% don't throw dots across the land like candy and then sprint immunely away to safety after killing 7 creeps).

End mission statement #37002
    Ancient spider of the moors

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    Consumption is the most powerful, and under utilized tool gamers have. People keep consuming the product and complaining about it. There really isnt anything left to say, ive pointed out many times how absurd it is, I mean I wish you all the best op.

Ya, stop playing and buying the product, youre being farmed.

*shrug*
    the troll strikes again! :P

"It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

Quote Originally Posted by Beerdrinker View Post
    the troll strikes again! :P
    Name calling? How pedestrian. I mean really, how far have we fallen that the best we can come up with is this?

You and I both know if I were a troll and or trolling that would be a violation of the CoC and I wouldnt be allowed to post.

Do try to think a bit before you post, it just makes you look unimaginative. Although, when interacting with me, you dont really have much of an opportunity to shine anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    Name calling? How pedestrian. I mean really, how far have we fallen that the best we can come up with is this?

You and I both know if I were a troll and or trolling that would be a violation of the CoC and I wouldnt be allowed to post.

Do try to think a bit before you post, it just makes you look unimaginative. Although, when interacting with me, you dont really have much of an opportunity to shine anyway.

How are you still a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Applejacksoph24 View Post
    How are you still a thing?
    Because individuals like you are to smart to put me on ignore/not reply.

For you and all my fans....

EDIT:Rodney wasnt the right fit
    Last edited by Thorgrum; May 22 2015 at 01:47 AM.