We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Why do people still play PVMP honestly?

Well , no mean to disrespect or troll, This is just my very curious question, I returned to game after very long absence ( new to forums ) and noticed that PVMP is really plagued by incredible amount of bugs,broken balance,spies,terrible OOC whine,pay to win items,side-switchers,zergs and totally sick amount of grind and worst LAG i ever exeperienced especially for freep side.

Why do you countinue to play if PVMP is such a mess plus new map seems desolate. I dont understand, what do you find enjoyable with all these problems?

A combination of a big fan of Lord of The Rings Lore, combined with a fool's hope for brighter days, and topped with a blind, stupid devotion to playing the Warg class. There is no hope, but I manage to enjoy what little LOTRO has to offer.

The lag, specifically the skill lock, forced me and everyone I knew away. The other stuff you mentioned sucks too. PVMP is mostly for noobs and kids now.
    Phrasing! Doesn't anybody do phrasing anymore?

Meh I log in to PvMP because there's so many funny personalities on freep/creep, at least on my server. Seeing people like Elze flip out in OOC because of people like Thurd makes it somewhat enjoyable. (And you know, being a fan of LoTR, Tolkien, Middle-Earth etc.)

The tremendous sense of accomplishment -- alongside the good, sophisticated, and able company.

"It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    You must be kidding...
    No one has ever played PVMP honestly.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

In spite of "plagued by incredible amount of bugs,broken balance,spies,terrible OOC whine,pay to win items,side-switchers,zergs and totally sick amount of grind and worst LAG i ever experienced" ( I don't get much lag), I still find it very enjoyable. I'll be logging in until the day they shut the very last server down.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouri View Post
    terrible OOC
    Play creepside more. The OOC is much more entertaining

We're all masochists. That could be the only reason.

I can't even begin to describe how frustrating it is when you know that you could at least get some kills before dying when a zerg gets called in yet the skill lag prevents this from happening and doesn't free up until its too late. Turbine calls it...balance.
    Amestoplease, Rk
    Ambusher, Warg

Quote Originally Posted by Nyérëe View Post
    Why do you countinue to play if PVMP is such a mess plus new map seems desolate. I dont understand, what do you find enjoyable with all these problems?
    Most don't anymore, the remaining ones are addicts and only continue to do so because it's lotro

Well , no mean to disrespect or troll, This is just my very curious question, I returned to game after very long absence ( new to forums ) and noticed that PVMP is really plagued by incredible amount of bugs,broken balance,spies,terrible OOC whine,pay to win items,side-switchers,zergs and totally sick amount of grind and worst LAG i ever exeperienced especially for freep side.

How long have you been gone? The only things that have changed is the store and more lag but all the other stuff has been around since day one.

While I don't pvp as much as before I do enjoy good fights that are not of the norm and I enjoy annoying/trolling creep zergs with a amazing , double twist cliff dive!!!!

Oh and it's lord of the rings (the reason I played for in the first place)

What else is there to do in LOTRO at level cap?

1. T2-3 raids and skirms: okay, but havent we all run them a 100 times?

2. Sambrog

3. Rejoin Thorog 17/24 open raid 90 min

4. MT dailes for the Anfalas scrolls

The lag is horrible, the community a cesspool of complete noobs but it is the ONLY part of the game with any modicum of challenge any more and even that is fleeting. Come on out on your hunter, go blue line and duo with a pocket healer. You'll die, you'll get kills it will be better than about all of the remaining content in the game.

No? so what having orcs run directly toward you in PVE and you mouse turn a bit with 7K agil/might and they blow up in two moves is your cup of tea?

the better question here is why do people still play this game?

I dont think ill ever understand why I still play and probably wont until this game shuts down (which should be pretty soon).

-Sneakymoth

Well, as far as I am concerned, I cannot tell I play the game as often as I used to, unfortunately!

It is also true that I completely lost my faith that company cares enough, so that they fix the multiple problems in the game, after all!

They only care for their "pockets"; that is why they keep losing costumers/players though

Well, I enjoy my f2p LOTRO experience till the "ship sinks".

Since the game itself cannot give me anything better or more, I refuse to pay them just because, you know.

Other than that, I love LOTR and that is the main reason I am still around every now and then.

I hope you, all, enjoy yourselves as well
    Last edited by Grego28; Mar 16 2016 at 05:11 AM.

Learned helplessness that has evolved into "Battered PvP'er Syndrome"...

Quote Originally Posted by Ames View Post
    I can't even begin to describe how frustrating it is when you know that you could at least get some kills before dying when a zerg gets called in yet the skill lag prevents this from happening and doesn't free up until its too late.
    Word.

The PvMP can still be fun at times when lag or random freezes don't ruin your fights and make you end up logging off out of frustration. The general idea of sandbox is the one of my taste, since you can do whatever you want and nobody will (or should) blame you for that. Also, whenever you come back to LotRO, no matter how long break you took, you will know that you will return more or less to the same game at the moment you quit. It is a good thing I guess for those, who don't play LotRO as much as they used to and don't have time to keep up with all the upcoming updates. On the other hand, PvMP is a source of all the filth that people spit at each other blaming either side for all the bads not seeing their own faults in all of this, never-ending ego fights basically about "who has the bigger", and ultra serious people that treat this game as if there would be no better on the market.

Giving a reason that "I play PvMP because I'm a fan of The Lord of the Rings and Tolkien" is completely out of a place imo, since the game definitely lost its all charm long time ago and capability to still make people feel the spirit of the Middle-Earth. The area of the ettenmoors that never was thoroughly described in any Tolkien's work cannot be the case that you lot stick to it giving a major reason of being a fan of this universe.

For me, well, I quit PvEing in 2011, gave up my vip account, and ever since I moved entirely to the creepside keeping all the good memories of how the game once was. I find it enjoyable to log on from time to time, kill several people and log off. Oh, and I do enjoy editing movies out of clips I record in the moors (even more than solely playing the game itself), that's probably the major factor that makes me still play it sometimes - to make something cool out of general cr@p.

Quote Originally Posted by Etheldar View Post
    Word.

The PvMP can still be fun at times when lag or random freezes don't ruin your fights and make you end up logging off out of frustration. The general idea of sandbox is the one of my taste, since you can do whatever you want and nobody will (or should) blame you for that. Also, whenever you come back to LotRO, no matter how long break you took, you will know that you will return more or less to the same game at the moment you quit. It is a good thing I guess for those, who don't play LotRO as much as they used to and don't have time to keep up with all the upcoming updates. On the other hand, PvMP is a source of all the filth that people spit at each other blaming either side for all the bads not seeing their own faults in all of this, never-ending ego fights basically about "who has the bigger", and ultra serious people that treat this game as if there would be no better on the market.

Giving a reason that "I play PvMP because I'm a fan of The Lord of the Rings and Tolkien" is completely out of a place imo, since the game definitely lost its all charm long time ago and capability to still make people feel the spirit of the Middle-Earth. The area of the ettenmoors that never was thoroughly described in any Tolkien's work cannot be the case that you lot stick to it giving a major reason of being a fan of this universe.

For me, well, I quit PvEing in 2011, gave up my vip account, and ever since I moved entirely to the creepside keeping all the good memories of how the game once was. I find it enjoyable to log on from time to time, kill several people and log off. Oh, and I do enjoy editing movies out of clips I record in the moors (even more than solely playing the game itself), that's probably the major factor that makes me still play it sometimes - to make something cool out of general cr@p.
    Bloodtail with the mic drop.

I'm sure it's just being addicted to easymode at this point.

Most people playing now are probably Founders or have been playing for years and are just stubborn. Or people with alot of money to blow in the Turbine store.
    The old "if I quit now I've wasted 6-9 years of my life" mentality instead of actually trying to discover an alternative to this dying game.

The reason I stuck around for too long is because of friendships and the personable PvP.
    You know whos zerging you, you know whos logging on and which PvE they will try to strike first, you know who you're corpse jumping.
    Alot of games nowadays are just random packs/zergs of people coming and going and you don't even know whos killing you.

Word.

i agree with this mostly, but this is still the only game where you can freely and openly explore middle earth. and as #### as turbine have made this game, i feel like the world and story they told with quest chains have always been the strong point of this game. as for the moors part, well, i can only speak for myself but i pvp cause its the last (very, very slightly) challenging thing in this game that also brings to life my childhood.

Dont worry though everyone, if whats on BR goes live, no one will be in the moors anymore
    lugbur R11 reaver /// guthfred R9 cappy /// beregon R8 hunter /// guthblade R9 champ + too many other things

Quote Originally Posted by lugbur View Post
    i agree with this mostly, but this is still the only game where you can freely and openly explore middle earth. and as #### as turbine have made this game, i feel like the world and story they told with quest chains have always been the strong point of this game. as for the moors part, well, i can only speak for myself but i pvp cause its the last (very, very slightly) challenging thing in this game that also brings to life my childhood.

Dont worry though everyone, if whats on BR goes live, no one will be in the moors anymore
    I was pointing the Ettenmoors and PVP not PVE. Moors is severely limited. You have only zone and creeps are locked in it. You cannot explore Middle-earth outside in moors are PVMPer.

I log in now and then because lotro is the only game where I can play as a warg(or as an uruk when I feel for it). Can't think of many other reasons. Note, maybe it's just me but OOC/world chat/PM on both side seems to be even more rude then it used to.

Word.

Because i want to kill pve lovers like this guy and because my roleplay belongs to the dark side of this legendarium!!!I utterly hate all freeps except dwarves and beornings and i want to exterminate them from middle earth!!!For story and pve i go with single player middle earth inspired video games where i can play actual Sauron,Witch king of Angmar,etc not just 1 of those races!!!Mmorpg is always a mmovpm and raid vs raid rocks it is very intense and non stopping(at least it was on Brandywine pre server merge) i do not care about lag and i invested all of my Lotro points into creeps as f2p and i will play creep as MAIN CHARACTER!!!In movies books etc i always wanted Sauron and Morgoth to win and to exterminate the pathetic disguistingly looking elves men hobbits!!!I even know some of the black speech phrases from movies and from the book!!!Unlike most Tolkien sheep fans i tend to be a fan of the dark side of this legendarium!!!Killing a player and battling it as creep is fun challenging and it is way more dynamic than killing ai that does always the same pattern!!!The battle of 2 minds is the way to go...All the other things you can experience in single player middle earth based rpg mmovpmp you cannot!!!To bad there is no world chat shared for both sides so i can laugh my #### off when freeps whine about getting killed in the ettenmoors!!!Azog:Sho gad adol! Drink their blood!!! To quote Sauron from The Hobbit extended movies: Eru kiana burzum nazghal! There is no light Wizard that can defeat the darkness!!!! Orc reaver and uruk warleader for life!!!Sauron's close combat warriors shall rule supreme!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Hatred View Post
    Because i want to kill pve lovers like this guy and because my roleplay belongs to the dark side of this legendarium!!!I utterly hate all freeps except dwarves and beornings and i want to exterminate them from middle earth!!!For story and pve i go with single player middle earth inspired video games where i can play actual Sauron,Witch king of Angmar,etc not just 1 of those races!!!Mmorpg is always a mmovpm and raid vs raid rocks it is very intense and non stopping(at least it was on Brandywine pre server merge) i do not care about lag and i invested all of my Lotro points into creeps as f2p and i will play creep as MAIN CHARACTER!!!In movies books etc i always wanted Sauron and Morgoth to win and to exterminate the pathetic disguistingly looking elves men hobbits!!!I even know some of the black speech phrases from movies and from the book!!!Unlike most Tolkien sheep fans i tend to be a fan of the dark side of this legendarium!!!Killing a player and battling it as creep is fun challenging and it is way more dynamic than killing ai that does always the same pattern!!!The battle of 2 minds is the way to go...All the other things you can experience in single player middle earth based rpg mmovpmp you cannot!!!To bad there is no world chat shared for both sides so i can laugh my #### off when freeps whine about getting killed in the ettenmoors!!!Azog:Sho gad adol! Drink their blood!!! To quote Sauron from The Hobbit extended movies: Eru kiana burzum nazghal! There is no light Wizard that can defeat the darkness!!!! Orc reaver and uruk warleader for life!!!Sauron's close combat warriors shall rule supreme!!!
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r10 (active) Mini