We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Lightning isn't, Acid doesn't have to be. F&F challenge *is*, but probably not intended to be.
    Acid is a DPS race by design, the less hopping sessions you have to go through, the higher your CM success rate is.

Lighting can be done as a DPS race - one tank, no switching. Absolute cakewalk CM if done that way.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

To OP

If you ask for opinions then do not act like a 5yo when you get them.
    Look at what people types take in mind that we all have different playstyles.
    I'd say to all of you trait what you like, myself (and other kin cappys) i go LtC and i'm sure i've seen more challenges done than mr. OP... Still i would not say to a HoH cappy that he is wrong there will always be pros and cons

Still i like from capstone LtC the dps (at least 1500), the crits makes me RC heal lots (3etten) so healing is fine.
    I feel i give more to the raid in this build, but thats me.
    [SIZE="3"]-¤-¤-¤- Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum est -¤-¤-¤-[/SIZE]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2221900000007ec6d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    Acid is a DPS race by design, the less hopping sessions you have to go through, the higher your CM success rate is.

Lighting can be done as a DPS race - one tank, no switching. Absolute cakewalk CM if done that way.
    I think when people think dps race they assume length of time you have to beat it in or you fail. Aka "enrage" timers or auto-wipes.

In general I agree with you... Acid gives you a lot of motivation to kill him in as few cycles as possible, since screwing up the sync-kill on the 5th cycle because your dps sucked, would be a bad day for all.

Lightning is more severe though. Lightning has the steam mechanic, and slow dps will make it tier up very high which makes the limrafn's start one-shotting weaker members of your raid.
    Saruman has a 30min timer on it in T2.
    FnF is silly-broken fest. It'd be nice if it were fixed.

I'd say 4/5 of the wings are dps-races. Lightning doesn't require anything stellar, but groups with poor dps will find it much much harder than those that kill it in 2-3 minutes.
    105 (Captain, Champion, Guardian)

This coming from a captain who espouses a high fate build, 1.5k might as "adequate", guaranteeing that he's at least 10% less outgoing healing than everyone else in the thread.

Take what he says with a giant grain of salt, for he's just extremely sore from getting pwned hardcore many times over on the forums.
    /sigh

And once again a certain individual can't debate with subustance and facts and resorts back to his perceived saftey-net of attacking my gear and lying about my stats. If anyone on this forum should be taken with a "grain of salt" Almagnus, it is deffinitely you - as your positions on this forum change like the weather and rarely does your logic ever add up. And your need to try and belittle people on this forum by mocking the way they play really says all there is to say about you.

But since ONCE AGAIN you want to turn this thread into a discussion about Jeremi and his gear - I guess I'll defend myself...

First - and as I've told you a million times - I could easily get my might over your precious 2k mark if I wanted to. The gear is in my vault to easily do it - and I'll be happy go log into my character, put it on and show you if it will stop your nonsense obsession with my might. I do like stacking Fate. You don't. So what. Get over it and stop trying to attack me over it. Just because you play certain way, doesn't mean everyone else has to play your way or they suck.

Secondly, my outgoing healing is 45% - which is about where I like it - and I can go log into the game, buff up my character - and prove that to you as well. And I highly doubt everyone on this thread has at least 55% outgoing healing like you claim, since you say I have less than 10% than everyone else (though even if I did it wouldn't really matter).

So once again Almagnus, instead of trying to engage in respectful debate, you choose to attack my gear and lie about my stats. It's really time you move past this obsession you have for me and the way I play my Captain.

And you are dellusional if you think you have ever "pwned me hardcore" on these forums lol Lying about people and making fun of their gear doesn't = pawnage sorry...
    Last edited by Jeremi; Jul 13 2012 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DuneBug View Post

Defiance is a terrible trait. First off in what raids is IHW actually required? I occasionally use it in lightning t2 and shadow t2. I never trait defiance, and I rarely ever die while using IHW. Almagnus said it right: Defiance is a crutch trait for captains that haven't learned how to use IHW without it. Often IHW is used in the final phase of a fight, and the group is either going to die when it expires, or you're going to kill the boss (Ivar comes to mind). Also, on the offchance you die while IHW is up... you can simply be res'd.
    i'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you here Dunebug.

Defiance is a nice trait - and can save your life. And this holds true for all Captains in my mind, rather they have "learned how to use In Harms Way" or not. It allows you to soak up more heavy damage from the group than you otherwise could - and that can be quite useful in many situations throughout this game. It's also the only way to make the base ability Last Stand actually worthwhile, as the move is incredibly mediocre without the trait in my opinion - and rarely does it last long enough to make any meaningful difference otherwise.

So it's a good trait if you ask me. And when I unslot it I miss it.
    Last edited by Jeremi; Jul 13 2012 at 04:02 PM.

im confused here...

does the OP want a legit discussion and to hear new opinions? or is it just a not-so-subtle way of promoting thier agenda?

judging from that avatar pic, im going with the latter... shoulda figured this out before i read half the thread...

so, ya got me: jokes on me!
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

Definace only matters when you have a boss fight like OD Ivar, where the boss hits a trigger then does massive AE damage that will obliterate a raid unless the captain is soaking it up.

Generally speaking, if you need IHW/LS in a raid, it's because you got the positioning wrong (and too much of the raid is in the bosse's AE), the tank just died (which is generally the start of a wipe), or the healers are not keeping up with the healing.

Yes, Defiance is a decent tool, but given ToO, it's completely un-needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    **Stat rant**
    Given your profile:
    http://my.lotro.com/home/character/1...1412820946588/

And this spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ZUDNlakE#gid=0

Unless you have around around +9k tactical mastery, I call BS on your outgoing healing score.

Quote Originally Posted by SapienChavez View Post
    im confused here...

does the OP want a legit discussion and to hear new opinions? or is it just a not-so-subtle way of promoting thier agenda?

He got 1 and half people to agree with him so he moved on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Retarius View Post
    Anyway I found at least one captain and one that partialy agrees with me and it's all I need.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    He got 1 and half people to agree with him so he moved on.
    Should have seen it...

Unfortunately for him, he got our L'il Brudder to agree with him.

I was using Defiance with a HoH build back in DN, when we still had the War Cry Trait.

So yeah, you were saying about me not knowing about Defiance in PvE?
    I never said you didn't know about the Defiance trait in PvE.

I said just because you personally and currently don't find a need to use defiance very often in PvE, that doesnt' mean the trait itself is bad.

Me and many other Captains use this trait a lot, and it's a big help to us.

The personal attack of:

Says that I don't, and also implies that I don't have a clue on how to play.
    That wasn't a personal attack. It was an observation and wasn't meant to be taken personally. Though you of all people trying to get on to me for supposedly making "personal attacks' is irony at it's finest.

I should remind you that it was YOU who made an unprovoked attack at me on this thread Almagnus. So if you dislike this kind of aggressive debate, then stop starting it.

What that post said was you have this habit of basing the worth of skills/traits/stats (basically everything) off rather or not Almagnus is currently using them. It's a pattern I have noticed on these forums. Rather it was Heralds, our Kick legacy, HoH Capstone, Song Brother ect.... and more recently Defiance.

And I wasn't trying to "imply" anything except exactly what I said. If I wanted to say you "don't have a clue on how to play" I would say it plainly Almagnus. I don't beat around the bush. But I was never trying to say that, because I don't think that - and I'm sure you play Captain just fine. You just have a very narrow perspective at times and that's what I was pointing out.
    Last edited by Jeremi; Jul 13 2012 at 05:35 PM.

Clarification time:

I should remind you that it was YOU who made an unprovoked attack at me on this thread Almagnus. So if you dislike this kind of debate, then stop starting it.
    This thread is about bringing the most to the group. You (laughably) claim you want to improve your DPS, yet you do not have around 2000 might, and close to 900 fate. So while you make claims that you want to improve DPS in HoH (which is a healing line, NOT the DPS line), what gear choices you make doesn't mesh with that.

The spreadsheet was linked only to give people an easier way to translate ratings (and thus, might scores) to outgoing healing percentages. If that somehow says "Jeremi = noob"....

What that post said was you have this habit of basing the worth of skills/traits/stats (basically everything) off rather or not Almagnus is currently using them. It's a pattern I have noticed on these forums. Rather it was Heralds, our Kick legacy, HoH Capstone, Song Brother ect.... and more recently Defiance.
    Heralds: What part of "I leveled to 75, ran my herald through DN, BG, and OD on level, and I'm sad that it's so weak and frail that I can't justify using it in ToO" don't you understand? I still run with it on the landscape, even though I'm weaker for it.

Kick Legacy: It's a horrible legacy for an interrupt skill - especially when compared against the other classes. I have seen it's value, and it's been on my LIs ever since we could start controlling the legacies on them.

HoH Capstone: Everything in ToO is a DPS race, so HoH has absolutely no business there, and is only slowing down the raid. Non-raid PvE, go with what role you need to fill. Not a hard concept to figure out. I was also running in HoH since MoM, and have been using it when I need the extra healing amp.

Song Brother: My exact opinion is that it's a broken skill. If you don't like it, tough.

Defiance: I know what to use it, been using it since MoM (probably before) - it's not something that's actually needed in ToO, so it falls back to it's "raid crutch" status. If we were talking about something like OD Ivar, then yes, it would be needed.

And I wasn't trying to "imply" anything except exactly what I said. If I wanted to say you "don't have a clue on how to play" I would say it plainly Almagnus. I don't beat around the bush. But I was never trying to say that, because I don't think that - and I'm sure you play Captain just fine. You just have a very narrow perspective at times and that's what I was pointing out.
    No, you do this passive-agressive attacks, then try to spin your way out of it when called on it. That's like the very defintion of cowardice.

Jeremi your first post in this thread was a passive aggressive jab at some unnamed person on these forums. It's not the first time you have opened up with passive aggressive jabs at him at the start of a clean thread.

I value having a different perspective and don't want a confrontation with you.. but you gotta understand that your dragging this into every thread. If it's not intentional there is a major disconnect between what you mean to convey and what you are conveying.
    Isn't that a violation of the Community Guidelines at http://www.lotro.com/community/700-communityguidelines?

Clarification time:

This thread is about bringing the most to the group. You (laughably) claim you want to improve your DPS, yet you do not have around 2000 might, and close to 900 fate. So while you make claims that you want to improve DPS in HoH (which is a healing line, NOT the DPS line), what gear choices you make doesn't mesh with that.

The spreadsheet was linked only to give people an easier way to translate ratings (and thus, might scores) to outgoing healing percentages. If that somehow says "Jeremi = noob"....

No, you do this passive-agressive attacks, then try to spin your way out of it when called on it. That's like the very defintion of cowardice.
    So as to not rehash old arguments... I'll just comment on these quotse to simply things ^^

No. You linked the spreadsheet to try and prove your claim that everyone on this forum had at least 10% more outgoing healing than me because I don't have as much might as you think I should.

Which was a lie, unless everyone on this board has 55.7% outgoing healing...

But of course instead of admitting your error, you instead are going to throw out more insults and pretend now I'm somehow showing "cowardice"... So if anyone here is attempting to "spin your way out it" as you say Almagnus, it's deffinitely you. And you are the one exhibiting the very definition of "cowardice".

And like I said in my last post... you are acting as if I was the aggressor here? You were the one who made an unprovoked attack on me in this thread. So stop acting as if you are some innnocent bystander who I unfairly picked on with my "passive aggression" or w/e.... You were the aggressor here. Not me.

Jeremi your first post in this thread was a passive aggressive jab at some unnamed person on these forums. It's not the first time you have opened up with passive aggressive jabs at him at the start of a clean thread.

No it wasn't Armitas. I wasn't even thinking of Almagnus when I wrote my first thread. He is not nearly so much on my mind as some of you people think lol

If people want to imagine personal attacks where there are none I can't be held responsible for that. Many people on this forum have said the things I was referring to in my first post on this thread, and Almagnus wasnt' even in my thoughts... it was a general notion I was speaking against and I made that very clear.

Also you are cleary bias and I would prefer you stay out of this if you don't want a confrontation with me Cause butting into this to stick up for your friend is not a good way to avoid a confrontation with me if that's really your intent.
    Last edited by Jeremi; Jul 13 2012 at 05:56 PM.

No it wasn't Armitas. I wasn't even thinking of Almagnus when I wrote my first thread. He is not nearly so much on my mind as some of you people think lol

If people want to imagine personal attacks where there are none I can't be held responsible for that. Many people on this forum have said the things I was referring to in my first post on this thread, and Almagnus wasnt' even in my thoughts... it was a general notion I was speaking against and I made that very clear.

Also you are cleary bias and I would prefer you stay out of this if you don't want a confrontation with me Cause butting into this to stick up for your friend is not a good way to avoid a confrontation with me if that's really your intent.
    I belive you, but you have done it in the past. If I was him I would have assumed it was the same sort of thing as before, thus causing confrontation.

I only wanted to make you aware. You can choose to use that info any way you want.
    Last edited by Armitas; Jul 13 2012 at 06:17 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

I belive you but you have done it in the past. If I was him I would have assumed it was the same sort of thing as before, thus causing confrontation.

I only wanted to make you aware. You can choose to use that info any way you want.
    But you can't make me "aware" of something I was not doing Armitas.

My original post in this thread had NOTHING to do with Almagnus. I wasn't even thinking about him when I wrote it. I was addressing GENERAL opinions expressed by MANY DIFFERENT PEOPLE on this forum. And I made that VERY CLEAR in my post.

If I wanted to specifically address something Almagnus said I would have. But ty for believing me, I think. Though I'm a little confused as to what you believe me about ^^
    Last edited by Jeremi; Jul 13 2012 at 06:14 PM.

Back on topic...

With how ToO is designed, there's really not a place for HoH or LoM.

LoM because a captain tank is a tad bit to squishy, and can't produce agro well enough to main tank any of the bosses.

HoH because the entire place is a DPS race, and HoH's DPS is roughly half of LtC's. THings should be dead before the extra healing from HoH starts to make a difference.

Have you ever been mad enough that you've wanted to beat the snot out of someone? What's wrong with expressing that frustration?

Also, don't ask questions you do not want to know the answer to.
    I didn't ask you any questions about that....

I could care less if you want to "beat the snot" out of me or "kill" me. Talking tough on the internet doesn't impress or interest me sorry. It's easy to act tough anonymously while sitting behind a computer screen at your keyboard

And if you are actually getting this angry over an internet forum... I would suggest maybe it's time you take a break, walk outside, and breath in some fresh air lol

I didn't ask you any questions about that....

I could care less if you want to "beat the snot" out of me or "kill" me. Talking tough on the internet doesn't impress or interest me sorry. It's easy to act tough anonymously while sitting behind a computer screen at your keyboard

And if you are actually getting this angry over an internet forum... I would suggest maybe it's time you take a break, walk outside, and breath in some fresh air lol
    There's another factor contributing to it..... perhaps the thread itself needs a closer look and moderation.

There's another factor contributing to it..... perhaps the thread itself needs a closer look and moderation.
    No there was no other factors.

You simply imagined me attacking you where I wasn't and started "trolling" me over it - to use your word.

It would probably be better for your health if you just put me on ignore. That way you won't have to worry about seeing my posts. Because no matter how general I seem to make them you always seem to assume they are somehow personal attacks against you.... and flame wars ensue as a result.
    Last edited by Jeremi; Jul 13 2012 at 06:48 PM.

You simply imagined me attacking you where I wasn't and went after me me over it.
    These are the fundamentals of passive aggressive.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by DuneBug View Post

I'd say 4/5 of the wings are dps-races. Lightning doesn't require anything stellar, but groups with poor dps will find it much much harder than those that kill it in 2-3 minutes.
    We're talking about whether or not Captains need to be eking out a little more DPS. Shadow is the only race, and the Acid or F&F zerg strats. Otherwise, more DPS will help, but there's no real need for support classes to trait DPS. It's mostly a luxury for once you have things on farm to kill faster, but saving 10 minutes over a 3 hour raid isn't exactly a necessity.

I've never seen lightning be much of a DPS race. Pugs have been beating it for months, certainly with Captains traited every which way. If the difference between beating it and wiping is a few hundred DPS from a Captain, there's more going wrong in the group. F&F T2 has been pretty easy since before most people had 1st Ages. Acid, if you don't do the zerg, is more about control.

Trait how you like. If you're doing one of the few DPS races and it seems like your group needs more DPS, go retrait. I've certainly done Acid zerg and Shadow without red Captains.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

These are the fundamentals of passive aggressive.
    They were not "funamentals" of anything lol

I was addressing the topic of the post, and referring to general opinions expressed often and openly on this thread. And I can express my opinions about general beliefs regarding LtC vs HoH without being so-called "passive aggressive". And I'm not going to walk on eggshells in here either out of some fear I may "passively" offend Almagnus.

Also if I wanted to single-out Almagnus I don't do it "passively" Armitas. And that should be PAINFULLY obvious to everyone by now. And no one else found my rather innocent post to be so offensive. I'm not the problem here. And I'm getting tired of every thread being turned into a personal debate about my gear, my stats, and the way I play my Captain because your friend has a personal beef against me and the way I play my silly video game toon. It's needs to end. And if you want to be a real friend here, convince him to put me on ignore lol
    Last edited by Jeremi; Jul 13 2012 at 07:26 PM.

Back on topic...

With how ToO is designed, there's really not a place for HoH or LoM.

LoM because a captain tank is a tad bit to squishy, and can't produce agro well enough to main tank any of the bosses.

HoH because the entire place is a DPS race, and HoH's DPS is roughly half of LtC's. THings should be dead before the extra healing from HoH starts to make a difference.
    Again ? Well , sorry but you are 100% mistaken.
    I will pretend you are affected by your personal 'cyber' war you set up with the other guy on this thread , like any of us cares.
    I am hoping on some cencoring soon : >

Friendly advice to any neutral cappies that might watch this thread in the future.What almagnus claims in those lines , is absolutely untrue.And this is why :

1)Lightning is not a DPS race , it never was , it never will be . It's a pretty easy but stable fight , where the ''useless'' trait defiance can make it faster ( aka nuke it instead of moving at a certain morale that suits your needs ) .

2)F&F IS a DPS race 100% , not intented , but it IS as it is . You have to trait a few reds at least here , i totally agree , but it is the only wing and that because of BAD BAD BAD mechanics failing. Actually , more like glorious and hard mechanics that got ruined by a hastened nerf.Also , the ''useless'' trait defiance gets you safe and alive after the grim spawn , instead of risking dying and resetting the fight because of you : >

3)Acid is NOT a dps race. It's totally untrue. You can do it with burg stack + dps cappie b4 add spawn , yes , BUT not all kins have the burgs , the necessary dps and gearing to do it that way. Normal tactic requires at least 1 add spawn , end of story. When that happens , heals are useful , there are range issues for the minnies , and the captain needs to support.
    Reds are not bad for that wing ,especially if you want to kill for instance a dragonet alone , i don't say that , but its not a dps race. Personally i go with my normal 5b/2y setup , i use only 1 tonic and i am FINE and heal on the same time.

4)Shadow a dps race??? HMMMMMMMMMM , why ? Because it has a timer ? It looks more like a CC race to me . CC is what allows you to kill less and do it within 5 mins EASILY , NOT only dps.And trait reds there for what ???????? You get reduced attack speed all the time , and there can be unlucky times where you might get outside melee range of the boss and unable to move. At that spot you can only heal/buff : >

5) Saruman is a dps race ??? Outrageous , its a survivability fight , only reason there is a half-hour timer is to make you avoid slacking/afks on the first phases : >

I am only referring to t2 ch fights.

If you play dps in most bosses in ToO t2 , then only thing you will achieve is hatred from your minstrels and laughs in your kinship for your cappying leeching behind your back or even in your face. You have to help them , you are the only one who can do it : P And RC's are not enough , especially if you waste most of the time swapping sets/emblems and whatever else Glorious red cappies do in their free time : > Well , if anyone does it right at all.

My intention is not personal attack ( others do that better than me anyway ) , but some things in this thread needs to be corrected.
    Last edited by BotLike; Jul 13 2012 at 07:09 PM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast