We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

I am a VIP. Can I play Moria?

So I recently got a VIP month for the first time, and it will be active until the 27th. If I continue leveling on my current pace, I could probably be around level 50 by then.

Will I be able to enter Moria with my VIP subscription? If not, would it be better to get another VIP month or to buy the Moria expansion? Will the Moria expansion give me all the VIP areas, or just Moria?

What is the best course of action?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000002f5fa/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

You need to buy the Moria expansion in order to play in Moria, same with all the expansions.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002fccc4/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Everyone, regardless of subscription status, can do the Epic quests in Moria. This will allow you to do the intro instance for Moria and get your first LIs.

Apart from the Epic, everyone, regardless of subscription status, has always had to buy expansions, including Moria.

You can now get Moria as part of various bundled quest packs and higher expansions, but you're still going to be paying for it in some way or another.

I don't mind paying, I just want to make sure I spend the money the most wisely.

If I pay for the Moria expansion, will that include a VIP month? Or am I essentially just buying a Moria quest pack?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000002f5fa/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by sharkenleo View Post
    I don't mind paying, I just want to make sure I spend the money the most wisely.

If I pay for the Moria expansion, will that include a VIP month? Or am I essentially just buying a Moria quest pack?
    Depends. If you purchase a Moria boxed pack from Amazon or somewhere, then yes. (as a caveat, make sure its not a Codemasters box, since Codemasters no longer has anything to do with LotRO).

If you get it from the LotRO Store, there's two different versions. The Moria quest pack which is only the quests and instances. The second option is the expansion itself, which costs slightly more but also comes with 2 character slots, the RK and Warden classes and (I think) skirmish soldier levels in addition to the QP. (the expansion is what you'd get with the boxed edition, basically).

Hope that clears it up for you.
    Crickhollow Server:
    Evenhald: L86 Minstrel Armaius: L76 Loremaster. Gaheriad: L96 Hunter Malhion: L74 Captain

Quote Originally Posted by sharkenleo View Post

If you can still find an original boxed copy of Moria, that will include a month's free VIP. I haven't looked for one in a long time, but some months ago, Amazon still had a few available. If you go that route, be sure you're not getting a Codemasters version (the old EU version) these are no longer valid and a complete waste of your money. Also be sure you're getting a copy with the code still unused. Some online retailers will just send you the code, but if you get an opened box you may find the code has already been used and cannot be used again.

There are rather a lot of other ways to get the Moria content. I'm afraid I can't help you sort those out since I bought mine in 2008 when it first came out and haven't really looked at the options since then. There will be those more up to date on the ins and outs who'll likely post the answers you need.

I got Moria after being VIP when it went on sale at half price for TP, can't remember the exact cost though, infact I waited till all the areas I nneded o buy went on sale at reduced TP except Isengard which I paid cash for in the Lotro Web store on Christmas Day half price sale. Thinking of doing the same for RoR when it comes out too.
    Freep Loben:Hunter:(R13)105 Izuru:RK:(R5)105 Masakana:LM:(R4)105 Umdlali:Mini:(R2)74 Inkosi:Champ:53 Ukaputeni:Cappy:(R0)51 Umsizi:Warden:48 Isela:Burg:(R4)66 Umlondolozi:Guard:31 Boscovar:Hobbit Mini 27 Isilwaneesikhulu:Beo 22 Sipho:Mini:20 Dwani RK:17
    Creep Eish:BA:R7 Silentpaw:Warg:R5 Inyanga:Def:R3 Umgomo:Reaver:R2 Mpara:WL:R2 Isicabucabu:Spider:R3

Do certain edition of Rise of Isengard and/or Riders of Rohan still include moria?

If so, I think the best option would be to buy such a edition, you get a lot mor bang for your buck including the expansion wou will play at a later point in time.

Isengard Legendary and Rohan Heroic editions include the MoM, these are quest pakcs only so you will not get the character slots or new classes
    although iirc turbine were supposedly withdrawing the RoI legendary edition
    [CENTER][URL="http://mpws.guildlaunch.com/"][U][SIZE=3]Mischievous Pipe-Weed Smokers[/SIZE][/U][/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] Blissfully smoking pipe-weed together on [I]Snowbourn[/I] since 14/04/07[/CENTER]
    [CENTER]spend all day smoking pipeweed and dreaming of gold[/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://mpws.guildlaunch.com/recruiting/create_apply.php?gid=163438"]JOIN US[/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Finglonger_UK View Post
    Isengard Legendary and Rohan Heroic editions include the MoM, these are quest pakcs only so you will not get the character slots or new classes
    although iirc turbine were supposedly withdrawing the RoI legendary edition
    Yep, RoI Legendary is no longer available as of July 9th according to this post:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...endary-Edition!

Edit: It's still available in the LOTRO Market though.
    Last edited by RedlineJunkie; Jul 12 2012 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlineJunkie View Post
    Yep, RoI Legendary is no longer available as of July 9th according to this post:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...endary-Edition!

Edit: It's still available in the LOTRO Market though.
    Wish they would put it on sale for 1/2 price one last time before taking it away! I bet they'd make a lot of sales.
    Lenghad - Champion on Arkenstone (Main char)

Quote Originally Posted by Khainud View Post
    Wish they would put it on sale for 1/2 price one last time before taking it away! I bet they'd make a lot of sales.
    I did buy the base version of RoI for a considerable discount (from the pre-sale and prior to July 9).
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

That Place... You Know The One, With The Grass And Trees?
    Ok whether you have a current subscription with Turbine, or you've gone down to premium, free to play etc, you will still need to purchase all expansions in-game to be able to quest and do instances there. You could buy the expansions just from the monthly TP you get for being a subscriber, I know lots who have done that route.

Now The Epic Book Quest Volume 1 2 and 3 are all free. No need to subscribe or buy for that just a little side note.
    Name Changes Was Chroano -> Now Gyakuri 86 Hobbit WRD ~ In-active
    Was Valesty -> Now Kurome 100 Hobbit MINI ~ Active
    ~Snowbourn
    TERA Rising Online: Blutsauger lvl 60 Elin Reaper