We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkshipLanterns View Post
    Be good to see you out again azereth...i forgot being in DP so long ago... Actually just deleted Drunkshiplanterns.... only have cassadaga left now. die freeps.
    yeah.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100000ae792/signature.png]Eunuch[/charsig]
    My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. My power is discombobulatingly devastating.

Wanted to add:

Under the "Valistar" name Vinner the freeps did die to lag the first time. The second time we tried, Genbu/Aeons had taken 2,3 keeps back by then (which, at the time, to those that don't know, taking keeps was the only way to open the delve, there was no "out posts", just "hot spots"). The creeps then flanked the freeps from behind as they pushed into Gaerg the second time. This caused much QQ from freeps for spoiling PvE time as a 3 raid zerg (Glee was one of the freep leaders). So the RvR fighting continued 2 to 3 hours afterwards.

The next day creeps decided to form up a PvE raid during off hours and killed Gaerg just to be the first to ever do so on Gladden. The thread was made immediately following the victory.

This is a screen shot when we did our first sloppy attempt at Gaergoth...
    Last edited by the_blah; Jul 14 2012 at 12:36 PM.
    [color=maroon][size=1][center]Clown • Reject • Gigabytes[/center][/size][/color]

Quote Originally Posted by the_blah View Post
    I remember this. When the creeps finally gave up Aris suggested the group hit the insert-button as we left TR (through front door). That was an insane amount of renown. Sowen was there too I think on his champ Whale, Wynn on LM.

There was also another Phalanx pvp night, me as a tag-along-healer (non-phalanx at the time) where we fended off about 15? creeps with the 10? of us at DG. We literally inched our way from the entrance of DG to the boss room, fighting EM npcs and creeps all together. It was 50 - 60 minutes of organized chaos. My mind was blown by how much 2 LM's could do when they knew what they were doing. We finally made it to the DG boss room, killed the boss with creeps still coming at us. We died right as the boss fell. Only because we had no power to keep up with the creeps still pushing in.

Got tons of renown, but that didn't matter. It was just fun to play with a good group of good players, just laughing as things happened, because everyone knew their job. I loved it. Experiencing nights like that is mainly why I love grouping more than raiding or soloing in the moors.

PS> Nice stuff Vinner. Mr. Journalist.
    Don't forget to thank Blackhaert for making the wiki, as well as Urg, Aris, and a few others. I'll copy this one in when we finally make a Greatest Battles section. I prefer the "Sensual Savant" myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemunchylde View Post
    YES!! lol thanks for that I miss that guy.. He started off in the kin I was in (Agents of the White Council) and if you think his moors rants were great..you should have heard him in groups doing book quests and what not. *sigh* and I agree with Zubgru, Lathius needs a mention. Does Wondre still play? I miss that chick too. We had such fun on ladies nights

I'll never forget the first time I saw Bumbum.. I was on my rank 0 hunter just trying Moors for the first time and here comes a troll storming down from TA, i think it was, named ~Bumbum, I have to admit I stood there laughing and got my face handed to me pretty good.
    Yeah np, I'll get to others when I have time.

Quote Originally Posted by the_blah View Post
    Wanted to add:

Under the "Valistar" name Vinner the freeps did die to lag the first time. The second time we tried, Genbu/Aeons had taken 2,3 keeps back by then (which, at the time, to those that don't know, taking keeps was the only way to open the delve, there was no "out posts", just "hot spots"). The creeps then flanked the freeps from behind as they pushed into Gaerg the second time. This caused much QQ from freeps for spoiling PvE time as a 3 raid zerg (Glee was one of the freep leaders). So the RvR fighting continued 2 to 3 hours afterwards.

The next day creeps decided to form up a PvE raid during off hours and killed Gaerg just to be the first to ever do so on Gladden. The thread was made immediately following the victory.

This is a screen shot when we did our first sloppy attempt at Gaergoth...
    Hmm, didn't really look too hard, but I musta been laggin hardcore in the back lol. Oh wait, nvm, I caught a glimpse of my Elf helmet mmmmm, right in front of Kalib (not what it seems like :P)! It was usually the other way around , if you ever watched Kalib's "what, what" vid.

Did not know remember that, but now that I think about it, I remembered, must've logged since I was laggin so hard after the first one. I'll add that, might as well add something more positive to Vals :P. Like I said, I remember most, but can't remember every single detail being it was 3-4 years ago, tho I usually do more times than not, it be a gift!

Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    Someone mention Ughidontknow yet? Famed for being one of the first hunters in moors to reach 9k morale unbuffed, and somehow being unable to play without a pocket cappy healer (honorable mention: Neitosesen). Also perfected the hobbit flop --> desperate flight technique to chicken out of especially hard fights if he was found without a pet healer. I think ugh left game because he got married.... psh.
    Actually, Heady perfected the hobbit flop, Ugh was just a doppelganger in that regard :P. He was the original hobbit hunter after all, which he doesn't get enough credit for since there aren't many vets to give him credit, and moreso ppl only knowing about ugh then heady since the newer ones are still around.
    Last edited by PoliticallyIncorrect69; Jul 14 2012 at 02:24 PM.

Sorry, been busy lately (having a life :P), didn't get done as much as I wanted to getting banned heh. Edited the things people said to edit. Blackhaert will add the "Greatest Battles" section suggested by Titties (lol, that wasnt censored, nice) soon. I have however gotten down a good bit with creeps, deciding to work on them since I haven't added many of them. Read about the amazing exploits (literally for one person ) of Abomination, Abiss, Nishnok, and by popular demand, Nubbers! Either read them now, or wait until the patch tommorow so you have something to do while you wait http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/!
    Last edited by PoliticallyIncorrect69; Jul 15 2012 at 05:40 PM.

real list of vets that should be mentioned

perchelm
    daisyfleur
    pheodora
    angoth
    tanen
    wuffles
    tides
    silentnight
    abiss
    abom
    killerr
    snicker
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820300000002c266/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [url=http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/3903/screenshot00002t.jpg][b][color=red]AZARETH - World First 5 Star Champion[/color][/b][/url]

Quote Originally Posted by hoodlum420 View Post
    real list of vets that should be mentioned

perchelm
    daisyfleur
    pheodora
    angoth
    tanen
    wuffles
    tides
    silentnight
    abiss
    abom
    killerr
    snicker
    *Urthona voice* gg noob, I already did mention half of them, look in the wiki, I'll get to them lol.

I'll mention a few memorable battles.

My favorite on freep is I think one Clown mentioned... but perhaps not. Like he said, smaller number of freeps spending an hour pushing a superior number of creeps to the boss at DG, wiping just as we finished the boss. Only reason I'm not positive we are thinking of the same night is him talking about a Phalanx group. I'm certain the group I did this with was Winnwyn, was one of maybe 5 times I grouped with him on freep. Though I could be forgetting a few Phalanx being in group too.

Couple of great creep battles, all with the blender:

One night, about a raid of creeps against a raid and a half of freeps. Over about a half hour we pushed up to the top floor of TR, carefully pulling NPC's. We fought in the CG room, and finally killed enough freeps they bailed out. The bottom floor had obviously respawned. Genbu called out for everyone to jump after them, and Aeons started yelling in vent "NOBODY LISTEN TO GENBU! NOBODY LISTEN TO GENBU, DON'T JUMP!" Unfortunately, half the raid had already followed Genbu after the freeps out the window. So the other half joined... we spent the rest of the night pushing superior numbers into TR and eventually wiping every time.

And my favorite night, the pinnacle of the Blender. We had all of our top players in one raid, and mapped Good LC. The freeps were all sitting just on the other side of the hotspot. We popped a tracker of each race, and totaled freeps at two raids. We decided to go for it... and fought there for nearly a half hour. The hotspot kept flipping constantly. The fight lasted so long that several of the WL's got to use their rez 3+ times. At one point no WL's had their rez up who were alive... so Genbu, myself, and Aterju all retreated then mapped back to good LC, popped rez, and kept the fight going. We eventually wiped all of the freeps. As they re-grouped to push, we popped more trackers, and learned their numbers had grown to high 50's, while we still were just one raid. We took TR quickly, then defended TR against 2.5 raids the rest of the evening. It was an amazingly fun evening, fighting against massive odds. It showed what the Blender was really capable of, especially when all of the top players were on at once. It also showed just how OP a coordinated and skilled WL/Reaver group (plus Unguluk & Wolfgash, and I think one or two Def/Spi/BA) could be in those days, especially against poorly organized competition.

Probably the most fun I've had in any MMO PvP wise was LotRO during the summer of the blender. It was a constant grams camp right after book 12 in february, and it wasn't until the blender was formed and got a few ranks by may that creeps started doing well. There was at least a raid on both sides nearly every night. And if you were a competent member of the blender, the second you logged on you got a raid invite and nearly instant action.

I think there are a few people deserving of write-ups, and the next time my current game has server downtime, I may come add a few.
    Antilles, Hunter Pre-Book 12
    Tolkmit, nee Cuomo, Gladden's First 5 Star War Leader
    Celchu, Antagonist, Maybourne
    Original Gladden

Hey Seredir,

I'm working on a writeup for you --how many characters have you star-hugged on?
    [color=red]Urgbuz, Warleader - Urgbash, Reaver[/color]
    [color=lightblue]Zubgru Goldenmullet, Warden - Jonathalien, Hunter - Andraiel, Captain[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Hethyba View Post
    Hey Seredir,

I'm working on a writeup for you --how many characters have you star-hugged on?
    Seredir, Sammoth, Sarnor, Kook, Detz, Sumfourtyone, Tangled, BurningBuilding, MrAmsterdam, and I think that's it for my account. So nine total. Those are all of my toons that I have hit 1.800+

Thanks for the write up Az has been criticizing me for not being up there
    [SIZE=3]Sakul[/SIZE], [SIZE=3]Seredir[/SIZE], [SIZE=3]Sammoth[/SIZE], [SIZE=3]Pierski[/SIZE], [SIZE=3]Coldfels[/SIZE], [SIZE=3]Sumfourtyone[/SIZE], [SIZE=3]Tangled[/SIZE], and [SIZE=3]Kook[/SIZE]

Heh this thread really digs up the memories they were great times. I suppose I have 4 pictures to add if you want them. Granted I have posted these a lot they are some of the few I have from back then so it keeps me entertained.

Kozzmo *Invictus* R13 RK
    Novafett *Soldiers of the White Hand* R11 WL
    Aterju *Soldiers of the White Hand* R9 Weaver

Entries added to the wiki on Seredir and Tarvin, enjoy!
    [color=red]Urgbuz, Warleader - Urgbash, Reaver[/color]
    [color=lightblue]Zubgru Goldenmullet, Warden - Jonathalien, Hunter - Andraiel, Captain[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Hethyba View Post
    Entries added to the wiki on Seredir and Tarvin, enjoy!
    Thanks urg

I'm still curious to see what Vinner's views of me were.
    [SIZE=3]Sakul[/SIZE], [SIZE=3]Seredir[/SIZE], [SIZE=3]Sammoth[/SIZE], [SIZE=3]Pierski[/SIZE], [SIZE=3]Coldfels[/SIZE], [SIZE=3]Sumfourtyone[/SIZE], [SIZE=3]Tangled[/SIZE], and [SIZE=3]Kook[/SIZE]

Hey Izerg! is that "Those who foregt history" a shot at me? or are you just coping one of my favorite sayings?

hah.. this gave me a good laugh, glad i checked the forums. some interesting rememberances for sure, i think ill be coming back to try things out again. i have a few good ideas\people that need to be added at some point. but good to see at least a couple of the old vets still posting and possibly playing. be seeing you guys before too long -
    Last edited by theironflame; Jul 19 2012 at 02:17 PM.
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Arial Black]Tides[/FONT][/SIZE]

I have added the Great Battles Section, of which currently is just a collection of some personal and submitted pics of the moors (mostly creep side). Please add more links here, and suggested/requested comments on said photo/video, thanks. - http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/
    Last edited by Anabraxas; Jul 19 2012 at 09:06 AM.
    [center][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2p79bNE.png[/IMG][/center]
    [center][color=#DC8909]ENEMA R9 BA, MONGOLOID R6 WL, BLACKHAERT R9 WARDEN/R8 CAPTAIN[/color][/center]

Guide on how to become a Gladden vet:
    Travel 5 years back, attend a raid where the raid leader is drunk.
    And that is how you become a "Veteran"
    Nerf healing in PvMP and just maybe it will be worth it again.

Anyone mention Raizo yet? very good reaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    Back to your corner, the adults are talking.
    ~ Nirrti-1 - R11 Min ~ Morwendiel R7 LM ~ Rhodri-1 R7 champ ~ Skreemer R8 WL ~ Extenze R10 BA ~

Quote Originally Posted by Morwen99 View Post
    Back to your corner, the adults are talking.
    yo, greyhair, get a life!

Quote Originally Posted by chosen2 View Post
    Thanks urg

I'm still curious to see what Vinner's views of me were.
    I don't know if you wanted to know. I planned on doing it, but didn't get time enough to do it, and Urg jumped on it already. Some was positive, some was negative, but I think the negative may have outweighed the positive, so, I'll just leave you with Urgs . She did a good job listing ur positives. Perhaps there r some things in history best left out.

Quote Originally Posted by Light12 View Post
    Hey Izerg! is that "Those who forget history" a shot at me? or are you just copying one of my favorite sayings?
    Well, first off, I fixed ur grammar heh. Second, it really isn't one of your sayings, a lot of people refer to those sayings when dealing with history. It's just a way to keep people from repeating mistakes and learn lessons, while providing entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by theironflame View Post
    hah.. this gave me a good laugh, glad i checked the forums. some interesting rememberances for sure, i think ill be coming back to try things out again. i have a few good ideas\people that need to be added at some point. but good to see at least a couple of the old vets still posting and possibly playing. be seeing you guys before too long -
    Be nice to see a good hunt back. Haven't seen you consistently in action since book 12-14 times Tides, with the occasional Moria and SoM apperances. I'll prob write one up on you soon.

Anyone mention Raizo yet? very good reaver.
    I'll hopefully get to that probably. To this day, prob still in the top 5 best reavers I've fought in my 1v1 career.

yo, greyhair, get a life!
    Milfs a milf. Her hair don't matter if i come on her face. She doesnt have grey hair tho, not till after I'm done with her .

If only it were that easy. Dont worry Ting, just cuz someone is a veteran, doesnt mean they are good. The majority of vets were actually mediocre players, and don't even have to be respected. I realized how bad most of the vets were as I made my way up through the moors, such as Fenore.

Quote Originally Posted by Anabraxas View Post
    I have added the Great Battles Section, of which currently is just a collection of some personal and submitted pics of the moors (mostly creep side). Please add more links here, and suggested/requested comments on said photo/video, thanks. - http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/
    Where was I for the photoshoot?! I was gonna do it shirtless mmmm. Nice job adding the section tho.

Bumped for exposure! Great Battles section is now added and info will be added asap, also, wrote a couple more such as the legendary bloodline of Tasolas and Tasomus! Hopefully, I and others, can work on it a bit more still!

3 Videos of the Ettenmoors have been added to the section - Ettenmoors Events - http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/
    [center][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2p79bNE.png[/IMG][/center]
    [center][color=#DC8909]ENEMA R9 BA, MONGOLOID R6 WL, BLACKHAERT R9 WARDEN/R8 CAPTAIN[/color][/center]

Great job on the wiki! Lots of good memories in there. Maybe add something about the Sunday fight nights when Redmann/Wikiwitch used to lead a swarm of OTG freeps into the moors for some massive fights?
    Last edited by Mystarr; Jul 24 2012 at 12:26 PM.
    Merridan - Burglar lvl 105 (Rank 12)
    Gormadan - Minstrel lvl 105 (Rank 4) : Traldan - Captain lvl 105 : Celebdan - Weaver (Rank 11)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    You can probably record her as the first legit rank 7 defiler. If my memory serves me correctly, Reddmedic farmed all the way to rank 6.
    uhhh, wth? Your memory isn't serving you correctly at all...
    Last edited by shark1979; Jul 24 2012 at 12:57 PM.
    Reddmedic - R10 Defiler
    The Old Timers Guild LOTRO | Server - Gladden

Quote Originally Posted by shark1979 View Post
    uhhh, wth? Your memory isn't serving you correctly at all...
    shh, let the expert talk, so far he's right. you're obviously r6, your signature is a proof of that.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast