We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Updated!

Edited Atoo's wiki. It can be found in the "Freeps of Gladden" section under "Dijerry Doo Descriptions"
    Edited Bel's wiki, giving Atoo credit for the edit. It can be found in the "Freeps of Gladden" section under "Dijerry Doo Descriptions"
    Added Eskemo per request. It can be found in the "Freeps of Gladden" section under "Dijerry Doo Descriptions"
    Edited the intro to Shadowthol's wiki. It can be found in the "Freeps of Gladden" section under "Dijerry Doo Descriptions"
    Last edited by joshy8910; Jul 22 2013 at 12:26 AM.

The good ole days.

Thought id post a video of my nephews reaver for the wiki achieves. I believe its when he transferred with Aterju, Cuomo, and Cuhboom to Elendilmir?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPJMrnJDo4A
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220301000009897d/signature.png]Negate[/charsig]
    Freeps need rank like a bull needs t.i.t.s.

Quote Originally Posted by Dc12345 View Post
    The good ole days.

Thought id post a video of my nephews reaver for the wiki achieves. I believe its when he transferred with Aterju, Cuomo, and Cuhboom to Elendilmir?

This is such a great video! Give my best to Cyclic. It would be awesome if both of you returned.
    Wolfgash - Rank 14 Warg, Gladden

The good ole days.

What Wolf said! You know you miss us terribly. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Shau'nac View Post
    What Wolf said! You know you miss us terribly. ;D
    I do miss hanging out with you guys, but this game has fallen in its years. You can catch me on my hunter BLACWIN or my champ ARMINIUS. But that's becoming few and far between. I actually got on my BA a couple weeks ago since I was SO BORED at the time. They changed EC and OC around and added some small dead trees at GV lol. Thought about transferring back, but its just not the same and I don't play enough anymore.

I know CYCLIC has pretty much moved on with his life from Lotro. He's in college and joins me once a month as a weekend warrior. We actually were just talking about the good ole days sitting at a table at DQ. When he would come after me on his burg ALTIAR. That &&&&! He would corpse jump me until I reset at the rez. He must of felt bad for picken on his uncle so in turn he joined me and the rest of the gang of creeps. It was all part of my plan. ;D

Keep up the good work on this Wiki on Players. Who knows this may catch on with a PvMP Lorebook of some kind?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220301000009897d/signature.png]Negate[/charsig]

The good ole days.

Thanks Blite, I'll make sure to add it in.

I do miss hanging out with you guys, but this game has fallen in its years. You can catch me on my hunter BLACWIN or my champ ARMINIUS. But that's becoming few and far between. I actually got on my BA a couple weeks ago since I was SO BORED at the time. They changed EC and OC around and added some small dead trees at GV lol. Thought about transferring back, but its just not the same and I don't play enough anymore.

I know CYCLIC has pretty much moved on with his life from Lotro. He's in college and joins me once a month as a weekend warrior. We actually were just talking about the good ole days sitting at a table at DQ. When he would come after me on his burg ALTIAR. That &&&&! He would corpse jump me until I reset at the rez. He must of felt bad for picken on his uncle so in turn he joined me and the rest of the gang of creeps. It was all part of my plan. ;D

Keep up the good work on this Wiki on Players. Who knows this may catch on with a PvMP Lorebook of some kind?
    That's a shame that the terribleness of pvp that is now LOTRO has turned a good player/cool dude away. I share your sentiments, Blite; I left LOTRO in RoR due to the awful changes made to pvp, and from I can hear from people I know and see on the forums, it's just like I predicted. It's the worst pvp has ever been, and that's not an opinion, but a fact. The only time I'm on this game usually is to get my free Hobbit presents and to say hi to people sometimes. I'm not subbed so it's hard to get that gold crafting item :P. About all I do involving this game though is work on this wiki for the community, just as a little side hobby when I'm bored.

Dang, that sux Cyclic is done with LOTRO officially. I'm in college too, but figured he was a little bit older than me, thought he'd be done college by now, guess he is going for his graduate degree or something heh. I always cherished and loved Cyclic's 1v1s. I watched him grow so much 1v1 because I was like the first person to fight him when he was like rank 6. I'm pretty much done until mid-way through Helm's Deep because they said they are gonna work on pvp, but prob not much, so I'll wait and see how the changes are before I even consider coming back, but if that was any estimation for when I came back, it would be then. One thing LOTRO has over any other MMO I ever played (being few others) is the cohesive community, whether it be rivalries or fellowship. I made some great bonds with people in this game, some occasionally and a few I even talk to on a regular basis through Ventrilo/Teamspeak to keep the relationships alive.

Anyway, I'll be sure to keep working on this wiki, as well as others hopefully. Of course I can't forget to add Blite/Cyclic, that be insane not to ! I just havent gotten to many people lately. I need to add some more Moors Vets into the wiki, I haven't been doing so of late.

Btw, if you don't know this is my hunter, Blite, it's Vinner! I'm just telling ya because I don't think you've seen my hunter much/recognized him!
    Last edited by joshy8910; Jul 22 2013 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    One thing LOTRO has over any other MMO I ever played (being few others) is the cohesive community, whether it be rivalries or fellowship. I made some great bonds with people in this game, some occasionally and a few I even talk to on a regular basis through Ventrilo/Teamspeak to keep the relationships alive.
    First, I really appreciate the time and effort you've put into this and secondly, I really agree with your above statement.

I may be the oldest in-game player as well as the oldest real life player that is still active in this game. Not sure, but I first logged into Beta in January of 2007 and officially started Open Beta in Feb of 2007. However I didn't actually enter the Ettenmoors until March or April that same year and when doing so, I was strictly solo in the Ettenmoors for a good four to five months before I actually joined my first PvP Raid or Group.

It's Strange because I and Tahi (my wife) were very active on the PvE side along with friends that followed us from StarWars Galaxsies. Our Kinship JAG (Just A Game) had fifteen active players but none were at all interested in the PvP side of this game. So when I went Moorsin, I went it alone.

Now coming from pre-NGE SWG, my approach to PvP was similar as in my Jedi was a solo character in an open world pvp where I was hunted constantly by Bounty Hunters. It really was anti-social in nature with rivalries and nemesis.

Needless to say, I died alot and was ganked more times than I could count but I soon learned to follow the larger groups and devised ways to get kills with my low damage, highly armored Guardian (Gunnor, pre-OverPower Stance).

As a Freep Group would approach a Keep, Hotspot or other strategic area, I would hold back, tabbing through targets and watching for any given Creeps to get very low health and retreat for the safty of NPC's. That's when I would tank my way in and try to get that kill I could never get otherwise.

It was my actions that first got me noticed by a Raid Leader (Silverest) and invited to my first Raid.

Now I really can't tell you much about Silverest because we only conversed on a couple occasions and the first wasn't very positive.
    It seems he viewed my hanging around the raid as "leaching" and didn't seem to appreciate it all that much.
    It was also my understanding that his first views of Guardians playing in the Ettenmoors was that they were useless.

Well it seems his views changed. At some point when I was chasing a dieing Creep into a Keep for that Killing Blow and was leashing all the NPC's off afterward, he saw an opportunity to rush in without having to fight NPC's.

So that earned me an invite to his Raids just long enough to give me instructions and then dismissed for what might of been the first Drop Pulls on the Gladden Server.

Needless to say, I didn't find that chore all that challenging or rewarding so I avoided PvP raiding after that for a good while.

Until:

One day, as I was stepping off the Steps of GV, I receive a ninja invite from someone named Ottyfast.
    It seemed Valistar had just announced he was logging off and instructing everyone else to do the same because he felt the Creeps weren't playing fair or something and this Crazy Aussie wasn't ready to quit so he had taken the button and was reorganizing.
    My first thought was that he was desperate if he was inviting a useless Guardian (Pre-OverPower Stance) to his group, but come to find out, he didn't actually care what classes joined as long as they did.

And so started the Social Aspect of Gladden PvP for me and the rest is History.

After that I grouped and developed relationships with many, including some well known characters such as Gleefilin, Valistar, Kalib and Ottyfast and many, many not so well know that have come and gone.

I've seen times when the Call would go out in GLFF and suddenly there would be two plus full Raids on each side going at it for hour upon hour.

I found those rivalries and nemisis in characters like Genbu and Aeons and the infamous Blender. In Didnthurt and all the variety and unmatched effort he devoted to building Army after Army.

I recall not being able to wait to get home and first, log into the Gladden PvP Forums to catch up on all the latest Drama (of which Kalib was and still is the King) and then jump into the game and get my name on the list for a Raid invite.

You know, we've seen a lot of good folks come and go and there are still good folks playing and new ones logging in every day.

No it's not to the magnitude of those earlier days but it's not bad either. It's the same reasons as your above statement that also keeps me playing and keeps me coming back when I do run off to try something else.

And yes, I do remain optimistic and yes I'm actually enjoying the game. Hey, probably not likely but it could be as epic again as it ever was.
    Last edited by DaxMaxtor; Jul 23 2013 at 06:12 AM.
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    First, I really appreciate the time and effort you've put into this and secondly, I really agree with your above statement.

I may be the oldest in-game player as well as the oldest real life player that is still active in this game. Not sure, but I first logged into Beta in January of 2007 and officially started Open Beta in Feb of 2007. However I didn't actually enter the Ettenmoors until March or April that same year and when doing so, I was strictly solo in the Ettenmoors for a good four to five months before I actually joined my first PvP Raid or Group.

It's Strange because I and Tahi (my wife) were very active on the PvE side along with friends that followed us from StarWars Galaxsies. Our Kinship JAG (Just A Game) had fifteen active players but none were at all interested in the PvP side of this game. So when I went Moorsin, I went it alone.

Now coming from pre-NGE SWG, my approach to PvP was similar as in my Jedi was a solo character in an open world pvp where I was hunted constantly by Bounty Hunters. It really was anti-social in nature with rivalries and nemesis.

Needless to say, I died alot and was ganked more times than I could count but I soon learned to follow the larger groups and devised ways to get kills with my low damage, highly armored Guardian (Gunnor, pre-OverPower Stance).

As a Freep Group would approach a Keep, Hotspot or other strategic area, I would hold back, tabbing through targets and watching for any given Creeps to get very low health and retreat for the safty of NPC's. That's when I would tank my way in and try to get that kill I could never get otherwise.

It was my actions that first got me noticed by a Raid Leader (Silverest) and invited to my first Raid.

Now I really can't tell you much about Silverest because we only conversed on a couple occasions and the first wasn't very positive.
    It seems he viewed my hanging around the raid as "leaching" and didn't seem to appreciate it all that much.
    It was also my understanding that his first views of Guardians playing in the Ettenmoors was that they were useless.

Well it seems his views changed. At some point when I was chasing a dieing Creep into a Keep for that Killing Blow and was leashing all the NPC's off afterward, he saw an opportunity to rush in without having to fight NPC's.

So that earned me an invite to his Raids just long enough to give me instructions and then dismissed for what might of been the first Drop Pulls on the Gladden Server.

Needless to say, I didn't find that chore all that challenging or rewarding so I avoided PvP raiding after that for a good while.

Until:

One day, as I was stepping off the Steps of GV, I receive a ninja invite from someone named Ottyfast.
    It seemed Valistar had just announced he was logging off and instructing everyone else to do the same because he felt the Creeps weren't playing fair or something and this Crazy Aussie wasn't ready to quit so he had taken the button and was reorganizing.
    My first thought was that he was desperate if he was inviting a useless Guardian (Pre-OverPower Stance) to his group, but come to find out, he didn't actually care what classes joined as long as they did.

And so started the Social Aspect of Gladden PvP for me and the rest is History.

After that I grouped and developed relationships with many, including some well known characters such as Gleefilin, Valistar, Kalib and Ottyfast and many, many not so well know that have come and gone.

I've seen times when the Call would go out in GLFF and suddenly there would be two plus full Raids on each side going at it for hour upon hour.

I found those rivalries and nemisis in characters like Genbu and Aeons and the infamous Blender. In Didnthurt and all the variety and unmatched effort he devoted to building Army after Army.

I recall not being able to wait to get home and first, log into the Gladden PvP Forums to catch up on all the latest Drama (of which Kalib was and still is the King) and then jump into the game and get my name on the list for a Raid invite.

You know, we've seen a lot of good folks come and go and there are still good folks playing and new ones logging in every day.

No it's not to the magnitude of those earlier days but it's not bad either. It's the same reasons as your above statement that also keeps me playing and keeps me coming back when I do run off to try something else.

And yes, I do remain optimistic and yes I'm actually enjoying the game. Hey, probably not likely but it could be as epic again as it ever was.
    I appreciate it, Gun. It may not seem like much, but that's what I intended to do with this wiki. Even with the shoddy gameplay with pvp that has been introduced, causing many to leave like myself, I wanted to still keep a good foundation of fertile history to let people remember the olden days and the Golden days.

I understand a lot of people that play here stay for the community; honestly, why else? The game is terrible when it comes to pvp now, and I'd be hard-pressed as to why people enjoy pvp now with so many broken mechanics. The new people probably think this pvp is actually good now, and I want the wiki to show that through videos and what not, that the pvp back then was something to enjoy and experience. Problem is, Turbine thinks us pvpers are expendable and they don't care. So much for their bs slogan "Power to the Players" crud :P.

The wiki gives me a reason to stay and actually be productive with LOTRO somewhat, while I futilely wait for something good to happen with pvp again (most likely won't and nothing is happening until halfway thru Helm's Deep).

Btw, I'm surprised you were out there in the early days with Silverest. I don't remember seeing you often, I guess you left really quick then haha. I remember I first noticed you when it was like March, April 2008 in book 12. I gotta make a wiki about you soon enough .

I'm glad you've remained optimistic through all this nonsense, but I just can't anymore. I suffered through 6 years of underachievement and wasted potential from this company and they finally managed to ruin it completely, which I didn't think was possible with a LOTR game, until now. Maybe one day, one miraculous day, they will get their heads outta their aces and do something constructive when it comes to pvp. Until then, I just shake my head and scoff with derision at their menial efforts.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Jul 23 2013 at 04:54 PM.

"Btw, if you don't know this is my hunter, Blite, it's Vinner! I'm just telling ya because I don't think you've seen my hunter much/recognized him!"

Yes, I know your FAT FATTY hunter. Last I saw your hunter he was at least lvl 65?

"Btw, if you don't know this is my hunter, Blite, it's Vinner! I'm just telling ya because I don't think you've seen my hunter much/recognized him!"

Yes, I know your FAT FATTY hunter. Last I saw your hunter he was at least lvl 65?
    Yeah prob, because you transferred in RoI I think? Haha, just making sure!

Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    Btw, I'm surprised you were out there in the early days with Silverest. I don't remember seeing you often, I guess you left really quick then haha. I remember I first noticed you when it was like March, April 2008 in book 12. I gotta make a wiki about you soon enough .
    My prime time was spent in pve with my kinmates and I wouldn't come out to the Moors til late nite/early morning. I actually grouped with a couple of guys from NZ and I hate myself for not remembering their names (gettin old). They were both in Kalib's Kin and that was how I first met Kalib..

You probably didn't notice me until I talked Tahi into coming out and playing in the Moors and that was about the Spring of 2008. That's when I really got addicted and actually started leading my very first Raids. But really, that's neither here nor there.

I wish I could talk to you because there is an underdog aspect to this game right now that I am absolutely sure you would love if I had the chance to show and explain it to you. Al tho Freeps really are OP for the most part and there is NO Balance, especially with 1v1's, I'm actually having as much fun as ever and believe you would enjoy it as well..

Now I'm basing this on the Old Vinner I first remember. The one who fought to the death in nothing but a pair of boots and his sword because he didn't have the money to repair his stuff (remember the repair bills?).

Trust me, there are a lot of players out right now that really think they are the best and knowing that dieing doesn't bother you near as much as it does them. There is fun to be had.. hehe

By the way, I will never play Freep again..
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    My prime time was spent in pve with my kinmates and I wouldn't come out to the Moors til late nite/early morning. I actually grouped with a couple of guys from NZ and I hate myself for not remembering their names (gettin old). They were both in Kalib's Kin and that was how I first met Kalib..

You probably didn't notice me until I talked Tahi into coming out and playing in the Moors and that was about the Spring of 2008. That's when I really got addicted and actually started leading my very first Raids. But really, that's neither here nor there.

I wish I could talk to you because there is an underdog aspect to this game right now that I am absolutely sure you would love if I had the chance to show and explain it to you. Al tho Freeps really are OP for the most part and there is NO Balance, especially with 1v1's, I'm actually having as much fun as ever and believe you would enjoy it as well..

Now I'm basing this on the Old Vinner I first remember. The one who fought to the death in nothing but a pair of boots and his sword because he didn't have the money to repair his stuff (remember the repair bills?).

Trust me, there are a lot of players out right now that really think they are the best and knowing that dieing doesn't bother you near as much as it does them. There is fun to be had.. hehe

By the way, I will never play Freep again..
    Never thought I'd see the day you'd never be a Freep again. It's amazing how quickly you've ranked in comparison to guard due to all the changes haha.

No, I wouldn't enjoy myself out there. My main love in this game pvp wise was 1v1ing, though I loved the other aspects of pvp, but with that dead, it killed about 70% of my pvp interest, 15% being small group, 10% ganking, 5% raiding. It's not just that though, everything just has a bad aura around it imo.

The sport of 1v1 died with this expac, and it seems that some people (not all) just use the OP/relic advantages to allow themselves to do better in 1v1s when they normally wouldn't, plus with the keep buffs making it moreso that people wanna just farm rank from them and will use any CD to win just so they can get rank quicker. The integrity of 1v1ing has died imo with those changes. I used to 1v1 people for the challenge and fun of it, not using any cds, and I would spar people if they wanted to until they cost nothing, and would keep 1v1ing them if they wanted. It showed I didn't care about the renown/inf, but that I just wanted to 1v1 for the fun of it. I'd gladly take no inf/renown from 1v1ing if they made the moors the way it was before RoR. I always tried to tell Valistar this before, but he was too stupid to comprehend it lol.

The moors just doesnt have the same feel to it, and just wouldn't be as fun, me and Grimphore were talking about it today. I love being an underdog, just not the way in the moors being designed the way it is now would I like to be one because the game just isn't fun. Whenever I played this game though, I would play a class if it was underpowered/balanced, and if I ever felt the class I played was op, I'd stop playing it and switch to another.

Btw, I realized I repeated some of this stuff I posted, but it was for emphasis .
    Last edited by joshy8910; Jul 24 2013 at 01:52 AM.

Updated!

Added "The Flying KB" video to "Ettenmoors Events" section, a video by Cyclic with 38k views!

There has actually been many 1v1s lately. More so than ever before.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    There has actually been many 1v1s lately. More so than ever before.

Proly because peeps have found it's such an easy way to farm shiny points.

When you can get over 300 renown/infamy from a single 1v with the help of renown/delving buffs, some peeps simply can't help themselves and line up night after night for the spoon-fed buffet @ GTA.

Why, some even go so far as to retrait/regear just for 1vs and spam OOC/GLFF for peeps to come and get points!!

RoR will definitely go down in infamy as the most farm-friendly expac ever.

Someone to add to the wiki might be Philladeas. He's been leading raids almost every night. I've been gone for a couple months and the moors went from totally dead to actually quite active and I suspect he's part of the reason. Oh, and he's good at the actual leading, too - stays totally calm lol. Just my $0.02.

(And I'm not just saying it to butter him up so he keeps letting my laggy self tag along! lol)
    lvl 105 Guardian | 102 Mini | 64 Hunter | 46 Warden | Lukiluk - r10 Warg | r6 Defiler | r6 WL

Twitch.tv/Arathaert | Youtube.com/ArathaertTV | Guardian Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Arathaert View Post
    Someone to add to the wiki might be Philladeas. He's been leading raids almost every night. I've been gone for a couple months and the moors went from totally dead to actually quite active and I suspect he's part of the reason. Oh, and he's good at the actual leading, too - stays totally calm lol. Just my $0.02.

(And I'm not just saying it to butter him up so he keeps letting my laggy self tag along! lol)
    If you or someone else wants to write one up you can. I don't know Philadellas as I haven't been here.

Quote Originally Posted by Arathaert View Post

I appreciate the mention, but i don't belong with Grog, Slashed, Ronnug, Eunuch, Clev, Vic, and so on's of gladden. No where near their level nor have i been here half as long as they have. I've put about a month and a half's time into my WL and I'm about halfway to 10. I'm nowhere near a veteran of the moors. My best pvp was about 3 months in ROI on my horribly under geared champ getting ganked by the plentiful warg packs. There probably ain't as many creeps on most days as their were wargs while i freeeped in ROI. I'm just another player out here doing what i can for the white hand. I'm just finding the only fun i can get out of this game since the pve aspect is just a farm fest with no challenges. Kinda sums up how the game is, pay your dollars and come get your stuff, not much of a challenge left anymore. But that is QQ and i try not to do that publicly.

Btw i enjoy reading this wiki, wish i would have had the high speed internet back in the Bama sticks to have joined during the Angmar days. I have some good fun doing what we have now and to hear Grog, Lob, and Gunnor talk about how it was sounds like it must have really been special, too bad they couldn't have just said if it ain't broke don't fix it. But keep it up this has been a whole lot more entertaining read than my facebook newsfeed when I'm held up on the throne for awhile.
    Warisi(Champ).......Rangers of the West
    Philladeas(WL), GrumpyCat(Warg)...Soldiers Of The White Hand
    DocPhil(Defiler), HardCharger(Reaver).....Shadow of the West
    1/2 of the WLBrigade

Quote Originally Posted by Bennybo View Post
    I appreciate the mention, but i don't belong with Grog, Slashed, Ronnug, Eunuch, Clev, Vic, and so on's of gladden. No where near their level nor have i been here half as long as they have. I've put about a month and a half's time into my WL and I'm about halfway to 10. I'm nowhere near a veteran of the moors. My best pvp was about 3 months in ROI on my horribly under geared champ getting ganked by the plentiful warg packs. There probably ain't as many creeps on most days as their were wargs while i freeeped in ROI. I'm just another player out here doing what i can for the white hand. I'm just finding the only fun i can get out of this game since the pve aspect is just a farm fest with no challenges. Kinda sums up how the game is, pay your dollars and come get your stuff, not much of a challenge left anymore. But that is QQ and i try not to do that publicly.

Btw i enjoy reading this wiki, wish i would have had the high speed internet back in the Bama sticks to have joined during the Angmar days. I have some good fun doing what we have now and to hear Grog, Lob, and Gunnor talk about how it was sounds like it must have really been special, too bad they couldn't have just said if it ain't broke don't fix it. But keep it up this has been a whole lot more entertaining read than my facebook newsfeed when I'm held up on the throne for awhile.
    Thx man, I appreciate it. Me and the few others that have contributed couldn't have made it possible obv without the community's help and all the interesting characters we have on Gladden. It's a shame you weren't here in SoA, those were the glory days, or even in MoM or SoM, they were much better than what's out there now.

Originally, I was just gonna stick with mainly the vets of Gladden that had an impact, but everyone that others feel are worthy of note can be included in the wiki, no exclusions will be made , even if it's someone I don't like haha. So, if someone feels the need to think that you should be added, why not let them write a wiki up on you Mr. Modest (btw, this means if someone writes one up for you, you're going in )! You obviously did something right for Aratheart to nominate ya!

Besides, I need to add more creeps to the "Creeps of Gladden" section anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Althorion View Post
    Proly because peeps have found it's such an easy way to farm shiny points.<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    When you can get over 300 renown/infamy from a single 1v with the help of renown/delving buffs, some peeps simply can't help themselves and line up night after night for the spoon-fed buffet @ GTA.<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    Why, some even go so far as to retrait/regear just for 1vs and spam OOC/GLFF for peeps to come and get points!!<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    RoR will definitely go down in infamy as the most farm-friendly expac ever.
    While I typically agree with most of your posts, I must wholeheartedly disagree with the bulk of this one. While some freeps may do this and it be considered a "farm," it is far from the majority. Simply, it takes a willing creep to 1v1, so if none are willing because of supposed "farming" on part of the freep, no harm no foul, right? I also fail to see the complaint about retraiting/regearing for 1v1's as opposed to RvR or even out "soloing." For instance, I trait for tar when grouped but refuse to use it in a 1v1, so why the heck would I keep it traited when 1v1'ing?
    Farming implies a willing participant, and I just don't see it at the "organized" 1v1's. Maybe it's because I don't get the opportunity to play much anymore and when I do I choose to 1v1, hence being biased; or maybe it's because I'm half drunk right now and didn't read between the facetious lines of your post. Either way....cheers!
    Last edited by blakacdvl; Jul 25 2013 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Holy formatting
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000003e146/signature.png]Eldreith[/charsig]

Kerelas is awesome.
    Kerelas-Hunter,Kerebear-Reaver

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1125 View Post
    Kerelas is awesome.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by blakacdvl View Post
    While I typically agree with most of your posts, I must wholeheartedly disagree with the bulk of this one. While some freeps may do this and it be considered a "farm," it is far from the majority. Simply, it takes a willing creep to 1v1, so if none are willing because of supposed "farming" on part of the freep, no harm no foul, right? I also fail to see the complaint about retraiting/regearing for 1v1's as opposed to RvR or even out "soloing." For instance, I trait for tar when grouped but refuse to use it in a 1v1, so why the heck would I keep it traited when 1v1'ing?
    Farming implies a willing participant, and I just don't see it at the "organized" 1v1's. Maybe it's because I don't get the opportunity to play much anymore and when I do I choose to 1v1, hence being biased; or maybe it's because I'm half drunk right now and didn't read between the facetious lines of your post. Either way....cheers!

I wasn't talking about 1vs in general.....I enjoy them from time to time as well.

I'll just put it in perspective.

Peeps have tried to talk trash on me in the past for using the lotro store to enhance my pvp experience. Okay. Yet......points have never meant anything to me, thus my self imposed ban on killing baby creeps or camping quest areas. Gotta be close to a thousand I've let walk by this time, and untold easy shiny renown points. My only goal has been to kill creeps, ranks 4+, for a long long time.

Now, that's me, and what I like to get from this game, yet peeps have taken issue with my style.

Conversely, when I see peeps with actual renown/infamy buffs at GTA, and they're spamming open channels for others to come participate, I get the impression that shiny points is actually what they're after, otherwise, why the buff? Further, as I said previously in another thread, goin' after the tree/drake just smacks of a love for points, not PVP, and 1ving after getting either of those buffs up is just as much farming points as having a buff you placed on yourself.

Also, traiting specifically for 1vs simply means you've left actual PVP at the door before you stepped out, imho........but, meh.

On the one hand, I don't really care anymore since rank and points have become a meaningless benchmark for skill, time played, or vet status. Lol, just look around.

Then again, I see peeps farmin' shiny points, I still feel compelled to say my 2 cents.

But yeah, anyway, cheers back to ya!!!

Also, sry Vin, I'm proly done talkin' 'bout farmin' in this thread, tho I know you don't really mind the free bumps.

I wasn't talking about 1vs in general.....I enjoy them from time to time as well.

I'll just put it in perspective.

Peeps have tried to talk trash on me in the past for using the lotro store to enhance my pvp experience. Okay. Yet......points have never meant anything to me, thus my self imposed ban on killing baby creeps or camping quest areas. Gotta be close to a thousand I've let walk by this time, and untold easy shiny renown points. My only goal has been to kill creeps, ranks 4+, for a long long time.

Now, that's me, and what I like to get from this game, yet peeps have taken issue with my style.

Conversely, when I see peeps with actual renown/infamy buffs at GTA, and they're spamming open channels for others to come participate, I get the impression that shiny points is actually what they're after, otherwise, why the buff? Further, as I said previously in another thread, goin' after the tree/drake just smacks of a love for points, not PVP, and 1ving after getting either of those buffs up is just as much farming points as having a buff you placed on yourself.

Also, traiting specifically for 1vs simply means you've left actual PVP at the door before you stepped out, imho........but, meh.

On the one hand, I don't really care anymore since rank and points have become a meaningless benchmark for skill, time played, or vet status. Lol, just look around.

Then again, I see peeps farmin' shiny points, I still feel compelled to say my 2 cents.

But yeah, anyway, cheers back to ya!!!

Also, sry Vin, I'm proly done talkin' 'bout farmin' in this thread, tho I know you don't really mind the free bumps.
    Hey no man, bump away haha, this is a nice little discussion. I agree with you, though. I haven't been here, but I had a feeling this would happen. I moreso have qualms about the OP/relic buffs inhibiting negatively upon 1v1s than the keep/delving buffs. I think the keep/delving buffs I could live with, as long as they nerfed the amount you got, by them lowering the %s across the board. I was talking with Grimphore though, and he said people that never 1v1ed much before this expac are 1v1ing more than ever, so I thought that was a curious observation, and most likely not coincidentally with the new buffs across the board. As far as I'm concerned, 1v1ing proves nothing with this expac and is a bunch of fluff right now imo. The integrity that made 1v1ing special for me is dead, as I shared your nature in not caring about the points, either, as you well know of course .

Anyway, what Turbine should do with the keep/delving buffs if they intend to KEEP them is (hopefully get rid of the OP/relic buffs), make it so grouping up provides more points, so it will promote more raiding/small group play more and cohesion among the pvp community if they really want points. They should also at the same nerf the % though (5% for one keep, 5% for another, etc. 20/30 is ridic). This would also provide some rank integrity again, too, as 20%-30% infamy/renown/comm + x number of keep and delving buffs are just ridic and take away from the integrity coming with the acquisition of a hard-earned rank imo.

The only flaw I could see in this is there could be a POSSIBILITY of zergs popping up here and there from time to time, but perhaps people on both sides would wanna group to compete with each other, who knows. Then you'll probably see the true 1v1ers who just do it for the fun and the challenge, Alth.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Jul 25 2013 at 06:56 PM.

So when freeps have delving buffs, do you quit pvping? Because based on your logic, doing so would be farming.
    Last edited by Ravyrn; Jul 26 2013 at 04:58 AM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast