We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    1v1s are pretty much the only decent solo action we get these days. I've mostly given up roaming the moors if there is a raid out, I pretty much never find anything.

If I had more than like 400 TP, I would totally pop renown buffs at the 1v1s. Its like the only good action and Im really really good at it. I win a lot. Why not rank up a bit faster? Especially these days that rank actually means something in terms of your characters performance

Also, why is traiting specifically for 1v1s a bad thing? I do that pretty much every time I go to the moors. Seeing as how I'm by myself most of the time. Seems like the thing to do.
    Belegarod - Guard \ Belegarond-1 - Captain / Belegorond - Champion \ Maveryck - Runekeeper / Glaxe-1 - Burg \ Atwo-1 - LM / Jaspir - Warden \ Gladden

Quote Originally Posted by Althorion View Post
    Peeps have tried to talk trash on me in the past for using the lotro store to enhance my pvp experience. Okay. Yet......points have never meant anything to me, thus my self imposed ban on killing baby creeps or camping quest areas. Gotta be close to a thousand I've let walk by this time, and untold easy shiny renown points. My only goal has been to kill creeps, ranks 4+, for a long long time.
    For the sake of clarity, this is where it began for me......I find a creep @ Golloval last night, and kill them. Literally, within 2 minutes, there are 4-5 creeps there. Guess that's my bad for stayin', hopin' that the solo creep would come back so we could have some fun.
    I really don't have anything to comment beyond pointing out the confliction between the two quotes, and the fact that when he was camping Golloval, he was on top of a rock that no creep could reach unless they were ranged.

PS: It was a r3 that called Althorr out.
    Last edited by Ravyrn; Jul 26 2013 at 06:07 AM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

If there are raid vs raid you wont be able to solo unless you "leech".
    If there are 1v1s and you're not good enough/OP enough, you wont get any infamy/renown.

Give up on trying to find:
    Fair minstrels.
    Solo burgs.
    A good hunter without a crew/tons of buffs.
    Guardians that stay for the fight.
    Champions that doesnt blow their bubbles.
    LMs without waterlore
    Solo Wardens.
    A captain that isn't Grimphore.
    reavers below 20k health without impale.
    non-perma kiting weaver with heals.
    non-perma kiting BA.
    Defilers without flies.
    A WL without a group nearby.
    Wargs..read burg section.
    Nerf healing in PvMP and just maybe it will be worth it again.

Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    Hey no man, bump away haha, this is a nice little discussion. I agree with you, though. I haven't been here, but I had a feeling this would happen. I moreso have qualms about the OP/relic buffs inhibiting negatively upon 1v1s than the keep/delving buffs. I think the keep/delving buffs I could live with, as long as they nerfed the amount you got, by them lowering the %s across the board. I was talking with Grimphore though, and he said people that never 1v1ed much before this expac are 1v1ing more than ever, so I thought that was a curious observation, and most likely not coincidentally with the new buffs across the board. As far as I'm concerned, 1v1ing proves nothing with this expac and is a bunch of fluff right now imo. The integrity that made 1v1ing special for me is dead, as I shared your nature in not caring about the points, either, as you well know of course .

Anyway, what Turbine should do with the keep/delving buffs if they intend to KEEP them is (hopefully get rid of the OP/relic buffs), make it so grouping up provides more points, so it will promote more raiding/small group play more and cohesion among the pvp community if they really want points. They should also at the same nerf the % though (5% for one keep, 5% for another, etc. 20/30 is ridic). This would also provide some rank integrity again, too, as 20%-30% infamy/renown/comm + x number of keep and delving buffs are just ridic and take away from the integrity coming with the acquisition of a hard-earned rank imo.

The only flaw I could see in this is there could be a POSSIBILITY of zergs popping up here and there from time to time, but perhaps people on both sides would wanna group to compete with each other, who knows. Then you'll probably see the true 1v1ers who just do it for the fun and the challenge, Alth.

Yeah man, I feel the same. They need to drop everything that gives OP buffs, graduated buffs, etc., as they relate to keeps, and drop the +renown/infamy gains altogether. I wonder how many of these killer bunnies we've got running around today would still show up to 1v for no + gain? Hmmm......

You should still come back though

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    So when freeps have delving buffs, do you quit pvping? Because based on your logic, doing so would be farming.

I was waiting for the worst 1v/pvp shiny point farmer to chime in. Ding!!

To answer your question though, no.

I simply shake my head at the peeps that waste their time chasing shiny points by flipping the tree/drake, and continue on about my business.

Quote Originally Posted by usernamealreadyinuse View Post
    1v1s are pretty much the only decent solo action we get these days. I've mostly given up roaming the moors if there is a raid out, I pretty much never find anything.

If I had more than like 400 TP, I would totally pop renown buffs at the 1v1s. Its like the only good action and Im really really good at it. I win a lot. Why not rank up a bit faster? Especially these days that rank actually means something in terms of your characters performance

Also, why is traiting specifically for 1v1s a bad thing? I do that pretty much every time I go to the moors. Seeing as how I'm by myself most of the time. Seems like the thing to do.

Look, it really is each to their own, and my opinions were primarily aimed at a few, but as others have been quick to call out peeps they think are farming points, I simply feel compelled to do the same...just haven't actually made any sarcastically congratulatory forum threads about it yet. o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    I really don't have anything to comment beyond pointing out the confliction between the two quotes, and the fact that when he was camping Golloval, he was on top of a rock that no creep could reach unless they were ranged.

PS: It was a r3 that called Althorr out.

Sometimes when I disabuse you vic, I can almost feel your pain. Almost. You think you know what's what, you infer and surmise, when you really shouldn't. It's a lil embarrassing.

In regard to your above post, I was flipping AeoP when a reav and warg jumped me. I died. Cool. Rez @ TR, come right back, track.....warg was Ex. Distant heading toward Isen/Golloval. I went toward Golloval first, and lo and behold, who do I find?

Iirc, it was Merked, RANK 8 reav, the one that had just killed me in the outpost, and he was on Golloval (pretty sure rk 3 reavs aren't soloing Goll, ). So I killed him. Quid pro quo, right?

Then like I said, I waited to see if he would come back. Yes I was on a rock, waiting, which is where you blade tossed me with your reav.. Remember that? And then remember you ran away? And I jumped right down and went after you? Remember that as well? And promptly ran right into 4 creeps who had come runnin' to the call out of a SINGLE FREEP?

Ahh memories.

So, the morale of the story is, I wasn't camping a quest area, I wasn't exploiting, and the creep I killed was most certainly not rk 3, yet the freep y'all came running to zerg was most certainly solo.

I have noticed though since I have made it a public issue, I haven't seen you sporting the renown buff @Gta the past couple days (on your hunter anyway, but im not on much lately......infamy buff was in full effect on your reav @ gta though...lololol).

You should start a 4h farming club vic.......there's lots that would love to learn the fundamentals of sowing and reaping. I'm sure the grange hall would fill up quick.

I have noticed though since I have made it a public issue, I haven't seen you sporting the renown buff @Gta the past couple days (on your hunter anyway, but im not on much lately......infamy buff was in full effect on your reav @ gta though...lololol).
    I ran out of the buffs. Still sport the dp buff when it's off cd!

And the person who called you out was Aroshi, and I quote "Althorr camping Gol". And yes, I blade tossed you and ran away, as you were on a rock I couldn't reach. Why would a melee stand there and let you range them down? As I recall, you jumped down, and then died.
    Last edited by Ravyrn; Jul 26 2013 at 05:13 PM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by usernamealreadyinuse View Post

I feel like the other action other than 1v1ing has been destroyed due to the changes of the moors, allowing for 1v1s to not be as challenging and for easier points via OP/relic buffs (which should be removed) and keep/delving buffs (which should be nerfed). It has destroyed the true integrity of 1v1ing as well as any sort of rank integrity. Some 1v1ing is being done for the wrong reasons I feel, I guess it's an esoteric point for me and a couple others, but 1v1ing was never about the points, it was about the challenge and fun. Like I said, I wouldn't mind points from 1v1ing being gone altogether, but they'd have to make an arena to implement that, which I suggested before.

Anyway, this is the last I speak of that. I'm gonna go back to using this for the wiki now haha.
    [url]http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/[/url]

Updated!

Cyclic has been added to the "Creeps of Gladden" section.

I wanted to add more right away, but just didn't get the time. Hope to add more soon!

Updated!

Sorry it took so long, but been so busy with school/work/real life fun, but I finally updated a few important Creeps!

Edited Althorr's wiki.

Wuffles and Blite have been added!

Great read. Keep up the good work.
    [center][SIZE=3][COLOR="#00FFFF"]Perchelm ~ Minstrel
    Gladden[/COLOR][/SIZE][/center]

Been busy with the wiki, got a good bit of people to add, lotta real OLD SCHOOL names to put on here that many of you prob don't know, but enjoy the read regardless!

Freeps:
    Dorinori
    Perchelm
    Trix
    Corey
    Tanen
    Hawken

Creeps:
    Killerr

Remember, add those who you want in it!

Trait trees have ruined the game

Quote Originally Posted by Mucica View Post
    Updated! Thanks for the contribution to the Gladden PvP Archives, Muc . You can check it out in the "Ettenmoors Events" section.

Also, since last time I made a thread about Highest Ranks, it got deleted, so maybe post those that are at least rank 13 in here, and we can update it to the wiki. I think I'm gonna make the cutoff rank 13 due to how easy ranks have been able to attain now. This is subject to change, may not be implemented in wiki, but considering it.

Edit: Probably won't add Highest Ranks, realizing how stupidly easy they are to get.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Nov 21 2013 at 12:17 AM.

Updated! Thanks for the contribution to the Gladden PvP Archives, Muc . You can check it out in the "Ettenmoors Events" section.
    Thank you for putting the video in the archive, although, I haven't created it (Unda from kinship "Os filhos de Hurin" did); I was just lucky enough to be cought on film
    Trait trees have ruined the game

Quote Originally Posted by Mucica View Post
    Thank you for putting the video in the archive, although, I haven't created it (Unda from kinship "Os filhos de Hurin" did); I was just lucky enough to be cought on film
    Updated the credit accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by cshamblin View Post
    Great read. Keep up the good work.
    If you are looking at this now from up above, Perch, I made a wiki for you if you hadn't seen it already. Hope it's a good tribute.

If you are looking at this now from up above, Perch, I made a wiki for you if you hadn't seen it already. Hope it's a good tribute.
    Very well done! As many said he was the "The Minstrel" on gladden for a long time. He knew that class inside and out, but could play any of his toons with great success. He is one of many that made my many years playing this game so fun and enjoying. From twisting my arm to heal the balrog 30 mins after hitting 50 on my minnie to making me grind stuff he knew I needed on other toons. I always had a great time with him and will truly miss the numerous conversations and adventures we had over the years playing this game and others.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000005f6a0/signature.png]Lathius[/charsig]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally I would like to see a section about clocknock and gilthonial(best healer to ever exist). I could help with some of the detailes on these sections if you want to contact me about send me an in game mail. (Zikenlatuken)
    [COLOR=#daa520]"I'm not interested in preserving the status quo; I want to overthrow it."[/COLOR] [COLOR=#800000]-Niccolo Machiaveli[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by GreenleeSmythe View Post
    Personally I would like to see a section about clocknock and gilthonial(best healer to ever exist). I could help with some of the detailes on these sections if you want to contact me about send me an in game mail. (Zikenlatuken)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenleeSmythe View Post
    If you want to write them up, you can. I don't know much about Gilthonial except he is Sparkman's self-proclaimed apprentice. And Clock and me have/had a rocky relationship, heard he was saying bad stuff about me after I left (not sure if true or not) when I thought we were cool after the spars we had where it didn't go well for him . Like I said though, if you want to write it up, I'll put them in, giving you credit for the contribution.

Witch0King sucks

Quote Originally Posted by witch0queen View Post
    Witch0King sucks

Ok I'll work on it sorry I didn't respond sooner I was suspended for 3 days. You should see it sometime this weekend.
    [COLOR=#daa520]"I'm not interested in preserving the status quo; I want to overthrow it."[/COLOR] [COLOR=#800000]-Niccolo Machiaveli[/COLOR]

The memories that reading this wiki brought me were awesome, and were part of why i came back.

I'm not sure if its still being edited, but Azhaudh should definitely be on the list for creeps

Also there should be a section for people who transferred in and were very good players, I can think of Vindictivesoul, Deltron, Headhunter, Larcenist, Grimbank just off the top of my head
    [CENTER][COLOR=#000080][I][B]Lieutenant Hydrain[/B][/I][/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR=#800000][I]Task Master Hydran[/I] [/COLOR][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by DeathDemon07 View Post
    The memories that reading this wiki brought me were awesome, and were part of why i came back.

I'm not sure if its still being edited, but Azhaudh should definitely be on the list for creeps

Also there should be a section for people who transferred in and were very good players, I can think of Vindictivesoul, Deltron, Headhunter, Larcenist, Grimbank just off the top of my head
    I honestly was gonna get back on it, but I was busy with college like crazy down the home stretch and had to make sure I passed my classes lol. Perhaps I'll get to it this soon since I'm done college for the semester. I'll make sure to get u on there soon Hyd, but u left gladden and broke my heart and my weiner so I poo poo'd you ;(! Haha but glad I did my part in getting you to come back Hyd, tho I hardly play at all if any anymore lol, busy partying with hot sloots!

Remember: if you wanna put ur own edition of someone you feel deserves to be in the wiki, by all means, write one up, and I'll put it in!

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast