We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 517
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    458
    You forgot Ootyfast.. the drunken aussie that make me lol oh so many times

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemunchylde View Post
    You forgot Ootyfast.. the drunken aussie that make me lol oh so many times
    I didn't forget, just havent got to it yet lol.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliticallyIncorrect69 View Post
    I didn't forget, just havent got to it yet lol.
    awesome! +rep on this! made me laugh and remember fun times of long ago hee hee

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliticallyIncorrect69 View Post
    The thing about Cahboom being ur most fun 1v1er hurts my soul Aris, but I'll record this. Idk about Dracen being better than Khaotik in prebk12, obv later since Khaotik didn't play then. He was the one that proved that you could win as a melee lm and developed that strat back then, as well as showing how the eagle was better than the raven for wls and in general back then. However, Dracen's famous 2v1 of Aeons and Byakko (tho I did not witness it, but heard all around) was impressive. Good Idea on the Lotro best battles.

    Vinner, of course you are the most fun 1v1er... but I miss some of the past players. Cahboom, I don't recall if he was ever sober.

    Also Vinner, I am waiting for you to do one on me. Urg's was awesome but I was very much anticipating you doing me... in THAT way and in the way of this thread. I was curious how my story would be told in your epic language.

    And yes, we need to mention Seredir. I left him out of my posts because I still play w/him regularly. Although an interesting part of that story is that we used to hate each other, until one day we grouped up and wrecked people.

    Regarding Khaotik/Dracen... I never played w/Khaotic but I saw Dracen do more things with his LM than anyone. The 2v1 is supposedly true, as is his solo defeat of a group of 5 creeps. But most impressive is the spawn of LMs that he had as disciples: Winn, Sowen, Gariador (I think? Or maybe Gari taught Dracen... neither would surprise me) and even yours truly... Katsimbalis. Dracen was one of the first LMs to experiment with different legendary staffs/books in the moors and would interchange them regularly depending on what he was up to. He's one of the few people whose skill I truly respect...

    Strangely enough, I have played on Brandy, E, and Windfola extensively. The people I respect the most for their skill at this game all came from Gladden. Huh.

  5. #55
    HOLY &&&& HOW COULD I FORGET ABOUT STRIKE FROM THE SHADOWS!!!

    That was one of the only moors battles that has a youtube video associated with it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xUHzYMSM2I

    and it's still up!!!

    For the thread, Vinner:

    Epic Battle - "Strike from the Shadows"
    Whilst a mixed group of Soldiers and Dark ones was camping Glan Vraig and the army of Ootyfast, a covert stealth counter-force arose from the shadows. Late at night, a band of drunk burglars co-operated to melt creeps in a manner of seconds. The call was sounded: "Strike from the Shadows!" and a creep target would die before it could even be bubbled. Many a creep fell to the blade of the burglar's dagger, and the exploits were recorded on video to live for all time.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanSinner View Post
    HOLY &&&& HOW COULD I FORGET ABOUT STRIKE FROM THE SHADOWS!!!



    Epic Battle - "Strike from the Shadows"
    Whilst a mixed group of Soldiers and Dark ones was camping Glan Vraig and the army of Ootyfast, a covert stealth counter-force arose from the shadows. Late at night, a band of drunk burglars co-operated to melt creeps in a manner of seconds. The call was sounded: "Strike from the Shadows!" and a creep target would die before it could even be bubbled. Many a creep fell to the blade of the burglar's dagger, and the exploits were recorded on video to live for all time.
    Awesome times Clevinger! One of my more enjoyable nights in the moors. It was always a fun experience to pick a target in the back and absolutley DESTROY them before a bubble/heal got off. - (Didnthurt was always a fun target... he always got blow'd up real good-like)

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    893

    Cool

    Also, I gotta say Vinner.. good work with all the work you have put into this thread and the thread that shall not be reply'd to - Good job... WELL PLAYED SIR!!!

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    1,363
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanSinner View Post
    Once, Urgbuz and my captain dueled for an hour before calling it a draw. It was a colossal waste of time, but also hilarious.
    Hahaha I'd totally forgotten about that! Was it really an hour? I can't believe it was actually an hour. Probably more like 20 minutes. I do remember a similarly epic heal spam session with my warden vs Genbu outside of Ost back when I used to go out in shield spec. It also ended in a draw.

    My take on a couple more Gladden legends:

    Sowen has been mentioned already, but I'll add my two cents. He was a warleader's NIGHTMARE. If Sowen was on you, good luck getting any heals off in those days of no newfangled stances and traits to give inductionless heals.

    Grakrat/Yandros - One of my old Red Sun Rising officers. He was one of the funniest people you could hang out with, miss that guy.

    Clown - Back when I first started on the moors in Vol1 Book 13, he could still be found on a guard named Fair. I got to know him when he joined my (at the time brand new) tribe on his warg Pet, but he truly came into his own as Clown the minstrel. My most epic memory of him is of him and some buddies running around when he was around level 40ish on his minstrel, dressed in cosmetic clothing, wielding shovels and other goofy weapons from the Shire, chasing me around outside TR when I was giving Aristeides' baby reaver his Grams map tour on his very first day on the Gladden moors before he actually transferred his cappy. It was surreal, hilarious, and very much in keeping with what appears to be Clown's battle philosophy: if you're not having fun with it, don't bother. These days we have to share custody of him with Riddermark (grrrr) but he can still be found here and there.

    Others who need writeups:

    Push/Shovo
    Gunnor
    Perchelm
    All those other brave minstrels who healed against The Blender back in the pre-Moria days, but I can't remember most of their names anymore. And a lot of them were female. There was Fruito, and some other whose character name started with Sh-something I think, and Gunnor's wife I think but I can't remember her name at all, started with a T maybe?
    [color=red]Urgbuz, Warleader - Urgbash, Reaver[/color]
    [color=lightblue]Zubgru Goldenmullet, Warden - Jonathalien, Hunter - Andraiel, Captain[/color]

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanSinner View Post
    Vinner, of course you are the most fun 1v1er... but I miss some of the past players. Cahboom, I don't recall if he was ever sober.

    Also Vinner, I am waiting for you to do one on me. Urg's was awesome but I was very much anticipating you doing me... in THAT way and in the way of this thread. I was curious how my story would be told in your epic language.

    And yes, we need to mention Seredir. I left him out of my posts because I still play w/him regularly. Although an interesting part of that story is that we used to hate each other, until one day we grouped up and wrecked people.

    Regarding Khaotik/Dracen... I never played w/Khaotic but I saw Dracen do more things with his LM than anyone. The 2v1 is supposedly true, as is his solo defeat of a group of 5 creeps. But most impressive is the spawn of LMs that he had as disciples: Winn, Sowen, Gariador (I think? Or maybe Gari taught Dracen... neither would surprise me) and even yours truly... Katsimbalis. Dracen was one of the first LMs to experiment with different legendary staffs/books in the moors and would interchange them regularly depending on what he was up to. He's one of the few people whose skill I truly respect...

    Strangely enough, I have played on Brandy, E, and Windfola extensively. The people I respect the most for their skill at this game all came from Gladden. Huh.
    It's np, it's ok cuz u pleasure me with ur shlong. Dang right about Gladden tho mmm, not so much these days, but def back in the day. I know, Dracen was a great lm, I'm just saying Khaotik innovated a lot in prebk12 and never got appreciated it for it cuz he was never in the popular kins. I just think he was the better of the 2 in prebk12 and into book 12ish, don't know about the later on because Khaotik didn't play really on his lm extensively after that all too much, just his reaver. As to who taught who, I'm fairly sure u r correct that Dracen was the master of Winnwyn, definitely Sowen, and Kangastan. As to making one about you, yeah I'll get to that heh. I just figured since Urg made one I'd hold off on my interpretation of you and work on others. Getting barraged here , appreciate all the thoughts by others tho on people.

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanSinner View Post
    HOLY &&&& HOW COULD I FORGET ABOUT STRIKE FROM THE SHADOWS!!!

    That was one of the only moors battles that has a youtube video associated with it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xUHzYMSM2I

    and it's still up!!!

    For the thread, Vinner:

    Epic Battle - "Strike from the Shadows"
    Whilst a mixed group of Soldiers and Dark ones was camping Glan Vraig and the army of Ootyfast, a covert stealth counter-force arose from the shadows. Late at night, a band of drunk burglars co-operated to melt creeps in a manner of seconds. The call was sounded: "Strike from the Shadows!" and a creep target would die before it could even be bubbled. Many a creep fell to the blade of the burglar's dagger, and the exploits were recorded on video to live for all time.
    Yeah, will copy it in.

    Quote Originally Posted by JavaJeff View Post
    Also, I gotta say Vinner.. good work with all the work you have put into this thread and the thread that shall not be reply'd to - Good job... WELL PLAYED SIR!!!
    Bout time I get some garsh dam recognition on the forums for once ! People aren't cheap hores on here, you gotta work to please them!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hethyba View Post
    Hahaha I'd totally forgotten about that! Was it really an hour? I can't believe it was actually an hour. Probably more like 20 minutes. I do remember a similarly epic heal spam session with my warden vs Genbu outside of Ost back when I used to go out in shield spec. It also ended in a draw.

    My take on a couple more Gladden legends:

    Sowen has been mentioned already, but I'll add my two cents. He was a warleader's NIGHTMARE. If Sowen was on you, good luck getting any heals off in those days of no newfangled stances and traits to give inductionless heals.

    Grakrat/Yandros - One of my old Red Sun Rising officers. He was one of the funniest people you could hang out with, miss that guy.

    Clown - Back when I first started on the moors in Vol1 Book 13, he could still be found on a guard named Fair. I got to know him when he joined my (at the time brand new) tribe on his warg Pet, but he truly came into his own as Clown the minstrel. My most epic memory of him is of him and some buddies running around when he was around level 40ish on his minstrel, dressed in cosmetic clothing, wielding shovels and other goofy weapons from the Shire, chasing me around outside TR when I was giving Aristeides' baby reaver his Grams map tour on his very first day on the Gladden moors before he actually transferred his cappy. It was surreal, hilarious, and very much in keeping with what appears to be Clown's battle philosophy: if you're not having fun with it, don't bother. These days we have to share custody of him with Riddermark (grrrr) but he can still be found here and there.

    Others who need writeups:

    Push/Shovo
    Gunnor
    Perchelm
    All those other brave minstrels who healed against The Blender back in the pre-Moria days, but I can't remember most of their names anymore. And a lot of them were female. There was Fruito, and some other whose character name started with Sh-something I think, and Gunnor's wife I think but I can't remember her name at all, started with a T maybe?
    Yeah Sowen was mentioned Urg, but not an actual wiki for him. Omg, fruito and grak, I forgot lol, but still remembered. Gunnor's wife was Tahi. Copied Clown's and Grak's.

  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanSinner View Post
    HOLY &&&& HOW COULD I FORGET ABOUT STRIKE FROM THE SHADOWS!!!That was one of the only moors battles that has a youtube video associated with it.
    The anticipation created on vent was the best part.

    another battle-ish from a few years back...

    Kinda a collection of battles, but this was also captured on youtube and still up I see....being on noob reaver for the GV hill fight(s) was pretty fun...fights lasted forever. Notable shots captured in vid iirc...defiler KB on Ser (2 rare events combined! lol), rabbit ears on Naz (first on server I think Vin?), and Didnthurt hitting rank12....first BA (maybe even creep?) on server.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ihDkhBUxEw&feature=plcp

    Thank goodness there was no freepball landing vids....though it would prolly just be a mass of pixals and maniacal laughter

    also....

    Nubbers.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisCML View Post
    The anticipation created on vent was the best part.

    another battle-ish from a few years back...

    Kinda a collection of battles, but this was also captured on youtube and still up I see....being on noob reaver for the GV hill fight(s) was pretty fun...fights lasted forever. Notable shots captured in vid iirc...defiler KB on Ser (2 rare events combined! lol), rabbit ears on Naz (first on server I think Vin?), and Didnthurt hitting rank12....first BA (maybe even creep?) on server.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ihDkhBUxEw&feature=plcp

    Thank goodness there was no freepball landing vids....though it would prolly just be a mass of pixals and maniacal laughter

    also....

    Nubbers.
    Yeah I'll try to cover that, I already covered Glee harshily enough, but I portrayed his early image good because it was good, it was when he was noble. Dang right, Nubbers I'll save for last, he is too powerful an enigma to portray so suddenly, it takes time with him.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Minas Morgul, previously Angmar, Read the books casual.
    Posts
    3,396
    lol Tarvin with black hair and Deltron with hair at all.

    Raizo?

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Gramsfoot
    Posts
    1,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Hethyba View Post
    Grakrat/Yandros - One of my old Red Sun Rising officers. He was one of the funniest people you could hang out with, miss that guy.
    Heady and Yandros had to be the two original Hobbit Hunters out there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hethyba View Post
    All those other brave minstrels who healed against The Blender back in the pre-Moria days, but I can't remember most of their names anymore. And a lot of them were female. There was Fruito, and some other whose character name started with Sh-something I think, and Gunnor's wife I think but I can't remember her name at all, started with a T maybe?
    Daisyfleur was among them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    lol Tarvin with black hair and Deltron with hair at all.

    Raizo?
    Even though this thread doesn't specifically say it's about vets only, that's sorta what it's turned into. Idk any of Raizo's alts if he has any but his Reaver hasn't been around much longer than your BA has so that toon is def. not vet.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Gramsfoot
    Posts
    1,438
    Hey Rho. You should come back.

    Also, I see some names I forgot all about in that video. Ikarr, Kurufinve, Entropy. Also, this thread is lacking Naz and Dori.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by Hethyba View Post
    All those other brave minstrels who healed against The Blender back in the pre-Moria days, but I can't remember most of their names anymore. And a lot of them were female. There was Fruito, and some other whose character name started with Sh-something I think, and Gunnor's wife I think but I can't remember her name at all, started with a T maybe?
    Tahi

    The other one that starts (maybe...) with Sh, seems to elude me though.

    Wait... Shawodthol?

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    1,363
    Quote Originally Posted by JavaJeff View Post
    Tahi

    The other one that starts (maybe...) with Sh, seems to elude me though.

    Wait... Shawodthol?
    Nah, this was a girl. One of the ones who'd always run around with Ooty. Dang if I can remember her name though. Maybe it was J it started with?

    I wasn't counting Daisy among the healers actually, haha, the Phalanx gang were always kind of in a class of their own. Daisy, with her harem of pocket cappies lol, she was awesome too.
    [color=red]Urgbuz, Warleader - Urgbash, Reaver[/color]
    [color=lightblue]Zubgru Goldenmullet, Warden - Jonathalien, Hunter - Andraiel, Captain[/color]

  17. #67
    I miss the days when exodus was led by Kalib and he'd rage whenever he was wiped in moors.... *tear*

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8
    One thing you missed with Azareth was that he was also an avid star farmer, I believe his name at one point was Azareth Starfarmer, he was also a world first 5 star champion I think, and was pretty amazing how he could run into a group of creeps take out who he wanted, but also survive from a creeps point of a view, i never ever seen him with less then 3 stars out in the moors. Also he had a 5 star hunter named Drastyk and a 5 star warg named evilpaw, he used to play his hunter with urthona and sammoth only (seredir's hunter) they would run around with 5 stars at all times, and df on sight of any creeps more then 1-2. This was the star farming group known as the trio.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Brennwrath View Post
    One thing you missed with Azareth was that he was also an avid star farmer, I believe his name at one point was Azareth Starfarmer, he was also a world first 5 star champion I think, and was pretty amazing how he could run into a group of creeps take out who he wanted, but also survive from a creeps point of a view, i never ever seen him with less then 3 stars out in the moors. Also he had a 5 star hunter named Drastyk and a 5 star warg named evilpaw, he used to play his hunter with urthona and sammoth only (seredir's hunter) they would run around with 5 stars at all times, and df on sight of any creeps more then 1-2. This was the star farming group known as the trio.
    Sammoth and drastyk only ran around with 5. Thona could never hit it.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    North Carolina, US
    Posts
    804
    Strike from the shadows was actually before Kait came back. The creep group was Vile Servants of Dol Guldur, me, then a mish mash of a few others only two or so in dark ones. Titties was in vent with us, every few minutes he'd say "Ok, watch this." and someone would go down in a blaze of reveal weaknesses and cursing. I remember us just trying to keep the out of groupers there with us so the burgs could eat them. Still fondly remember that evening. I miss Kozz and Antilles on their &&&& warleaders.

    Hmm I realized I'm blind and thought Soldiers said 2H1R. And considering the make up of VSoDG was a bunch of old Soldiers I guess that works. Still little to no dark ones. And we were all drunk, winding down from some raid, GV campin the handful of freeps that stayed out.
    Last edited by Shau'nac; Jul 13 2012 at 12:49 AM.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    North Carolina, US
    Posts
    804
    Quote Originally Posted by Hethyba View Post
    Nah, this was a girl. One of the ones who'd always run around with Ooty. Dang if I can remember her name though. Maybe it was J it started with?

    I wasn't counting Daisy among the healers actually, haha, the Phalanx gang were always kind of in a class of their own. Daisy, with her harem of pocket cappies lol, she was awesome too.
    I think it was Shaelynne or something similar. Could be wrong, I just remember seeing er last year or so and someone told me she was an old minstrel coming back for a little while.

  22. #72
    Oh you didn't forget Greens now did you?

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    192
    People... I... have... a... life... lol , I'm not doing these all day, I'll get to them and update when I can. You guys can type some up if you want and I'll copy and paste them in.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    North Carolina, US
    Posts
    804
    People want your awesome take on them and their exploits.

  25. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliticallyIncorrect69 View Post
    People... I... have... a... life... lol , I'm not doing these all day, I'll get to them and update when I can. You guys can type some up if you want and I'll copy and paste them in.
    This was the funniest post from the entire thread....lol. As I read through these suggestions, I was thinking that Vinner was taking on the equivalent work of writing a research paper. I appreciate your time in doing this Vinner, thank you. Although, I would encourage you to limit the names to the players who you feel have made an impact, since this is your thread.
    Last edited by Tiger06; Jul 13 2012 at 08:17 AM.

 

 
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload