We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Looking for Fellowships in Firefoot

As someone new to LOTRO but familiar with other MMORPGs, I appreciate a server which isn't busy all the time. But the problem I find here in Firefoot is that it's so quiet that it's impossible to find fellowships to complete non-solo quests. I have checked and checked in the "Looking for Fellowship" page, hollered and hollered, and tried in my kinship, but with no luck. I have *never* seen any fellowships. I have done a couple of kinship instances but that's different. Besides my kinship doesn't have people of my level.

I am not interested in raids or PVP, I like a quiet game but do want to be able to find others when required. I am now stuck at the Defence of Trestlebridge and Missing Nazgul Rider quests because I cannot find anyone to help. Even if I found one or two people, I see that the Nazgul quest needs 5 or more!

Should I:

1) Play on and miss out all fellowship quests (which is what I have been doing so far but I feel I am missing out on much of the game).
    2) Try and solo some of these FS quests (I tried solo-ing Trestlebridge but in the last wave of the attack, the woman I was defending succumbed to the orcs and got killed). Is there a way to buff up to sole quests meant for fellowships?
    3) Leave Firefoot and join another server (I don't want to quit as I've made it to Level 36 and don't want to end up in a server with slow bandwidth, where there's players everywhere and where there may even be KSers).

join your servers GLFF channel, thats where everyone is hiding and is the most used channel on all servers.

/joinchannel GLFF

right click a chat tab, go to filters and enable userchat 1

type /1 to talk in that channel

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfur View Post

Should I:

1) Play on and miss out all fellowship quests (which is what I have been doing so far but I feel I am missing out on much of the game).
    2) Try and solo some of these FS quests (I tried solo-ing Trestlebridge but in the last wave of the attack, the woman I was defending succumbed to the orcs and got killed). Is there a way to buff up to sole quests meant for fellowships?
    3) Leave Firefoot and join another server (I don't want to quit as I've made it to Level 36 and don't want to end up in a server with slow bandwidth, where there's players everywhere and where there may even be KSers).
    As said above, have a prowl around GLFF, there are always some bored end-game players that have nothing else to do.
    Also, if you have not already, join an active kinship - I am sure there will be a few players on there that would be willing to help.

Also, in response to #2 above, you should go ahead and complete the Epic Quests (flaming rings) since they are all supposed to be solo-able with the mechanic known as Inspired Greatness. And lastly, if you have not already seen, next to your chat bar is a small speech bubble, and if you click on it, a selection of channels will come up - one of which being named LFF which is Looking For Fellowship. This will send messages to any player in that region (Bree-Land for example as a region) and you can ask for help on a certain quest.

RE: Looking for Fellowships in Firefoot

I had to reply as I have been in the same situation. Although not on those quests. I did those them solo (if they are the same quests I am thinking of). All of the Epic quest should be doable solo. Nonetheless, I have had trouble finding other players to finish quests. Example: I have only recently finished the deed "Bilbo's Buttons" solo now that I am 10-15 over-level for the area/dungeon. And can tell you a few more stories of that nature. It is very frustrating. So, I am writing mostly to commiserate.

In the way of suggestion: I would be happy to help you complete these quests. As a guardian of 60 lvl I'm sure we could duo any quest you have outstanding, even full fellowship. I play weekends only, mostly between 10pm-2amEST. Look me up. Also, regarding transferring; it is costly and there is no guaranty that any other server is any busier at the times that you play. I do get the impression that Firefoot is more sparsely populated than other servers, but I really don't know. I would do my homework on the matter before shelling out for a transfer if I were you. Regardless, good luck to you.
    Sincerely,
    Prighild Tussletoe of Little Delving of the Shire.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0921500000000b8b6/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Sounds like you're starting to bump into a level area where there aren't as many players. You're past the free zones with the f2p players will be, but also in a level area where most of the VIP's and Premiums are well past. North Downs in particular tends to be a slower and lighter populated zone, along with Trollshaws, Angmar, and the Misty Mountains.

My suggestion- head over to Evendim and start questing there instead. It's about the same level zone as what you are at, and much more solo friendly. From there head into Forochel, then Eregion. You might need to pick up a couple of quests here and there to fill in a little bit of gaps, but you'll find the leveling in those smoother, more people in them and probably a better experience.
    Firefoot: Elendale (hunter) Galorlas (champ) Grimlaff (warden) Corny (warg)

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfur View Post
    As someone new to LOTRO but familiar with other MMORPGs, I appreciate a server which isn't busy all the time. But the problem I find here in Firefoot is that it's so quiet that it's impossible to find fellowships to complete non-solo quests. I have checked and checked in the "Looking for Fellowship" page, hollered and hollered, and tried in my kinship, but with no luck. I have *never* seen any fellowships. I have done a couple of kinship instances but that's different. Besides my kinship doesn't have people of my level.

I am not interested in raids or PVP, I like a quiet game but do want to be able to find others when required. I am now stuck at the Defence of Trestlebridge and Missing Nazgul Rider quests because I cannot find anyone to help. Even if I found one or two people, I see that the Nazgul quest needs 5 or more!

Should I:

I am lvl 33 now, VIP, and I have at times the same problem as you... I was lucky that I am currently involved building up a kinship from scratch, so we help each other a lot, also with FS quests. I do not want to advertise for my kin here, this is not the place to do that, but maybe joining one could solve your problem (if you are not already a kin member...). But don't leave Firefoot! Because this would just worsen the problem you described in your post and would not be helpful for players like me or others in the same situation. Thus, the question is maybe not to leave Firefoot but how to get it more populated! As mentioned by others, head to a differnt area and look out for FS there. Otherwise, if you see my name while you are playing, I am ready to help or ask others to do if you do not find somebody for a FS.
    Good luck!