We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post
    3-set preserverance is OP ( as much as helegrod gear used to be ).
    However , raid bosses (maybe 6-mans as well) are totally different than they used too.
    Tell me one boss in ToO that you may benefit from the 6 sec RC.
    Only exception is acid when adds spawn and MAYBE shadow , just maybe , depending on how you do it.
    Easy. Saruman T1. Trait red, pressing attack several times a minute. I did that last night, and if i wasn't swapping between that and Command, I wouldn't have gotten off so many Rally Cries. And RC is better than just trying to spot heal 6 people with WoC.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000363f98/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rechart, Warden
    [url="http://platemetaljacket.blogspot.com/"]Plate Metal Jacket[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Omen_Kaizer View Post
    Easy. Saruman T1. Trait red, pressing attack several times a minute. I did that last night, and if i wasn't swapping between that and Command, I wouldn't have gotten off so many Rally Cries. And RC is better than just trying to spot heal 6 people with WoC.
    I can assure you that whatever you gear or trait in saruman t1 , will allow you to heal just fine.I was referring to t2 fights, should have mentioned .T2 would prove much harder.
    And no , i totally disagree , i believe i can heal much more blue traited , with ToO gear ( using both WoC , RC with larder cd , inspires etc) , than swapping pvp gears and spamming RC's as fast as i can with red traits. + That your fellowship wont regen power in phases 3,4,5 from RC trait. Unless you manage to slot 5 reds , and 1 blue ( or 5 red 2 blues for banner as well ),sacrificing the 2 yellow set , which personally i've never even bothered trying in raid , because of the mark cds.I believe 2 yellows is a must ( for marks and mostly because i love composure , 2 RC's in a row is just epic and ofc there is to arms legacy as well , which can't be ignored) , but a couple of blues are a total must-have as well for raids.

Pressing attack targets isnt a guarantee death event after all .Yes , the chance is very big but not certain.And anyway , t2 saruman wouldnt allow you to stack up that many sarumans to benefit from aoe. Its also risky , because you might break some CC in the process. What you suggest , might work just fine in t1 , but thats about it , and i doubt anyone would spend all those tones of commendations just to benefit in a t1 saruman fight.
    Last edited by BotLike; Jul 11 2012 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStormKing View Post
    I do agree with the OP, but I'm going to talk G13 Gamepad again.

With it, I get the benefits of MULTIPLE set bonuses, without having to manually load gear.

I get:

11.25 minute Last Stand Cooldown
    +600 tac mit. on motivated speech for group
    -4 sec on SL cooldown from BoE
    20% reduction on all On Defeats
    5 sec slow immunity from Make Haste for group
    +25% chance power return on Defensive Strike under BoE
    *** soon to have *** 2.5 minute Rez Cooldown

This thing is only $59.99 from Amazon, which is less than the legendary edition of Rohan. And, unlike Rohan, you will actually BE a legendary captain with this purchase.
    ... i swear you're a rep for this stupid gamepad. We get it, you're cool cause you bought a gamepad for 60$. It's probably a TOS violation but hey they won't punish you for it, so who cares.

btw you also carry around 3-4 different armor sets, enjoy those repair costs; Not to mention you apparently farmed up all 3 moors sets in commendations, so you're also VIP, and had a lot of time on your hands.

------
    Aside from the command set, the sets actually make wonderful sense in PvP. Command set I guess might be great for 1v1's, although I think I'd rather have Perserverance.

The healing you get from 6s rally cry is pretty massive and basically nullifies by itself any creep aoe's (because creep aoe's suck).

Most raids, except saruman, last less than 5 minutes anyway. That 2.5 minute cooldown on EfD isn't going to make much difference. But in the moors... It's going to let the captain have an IC res off cooldown most of the time. That can be a pretty big deal.

Still... I wish the bonuses weren't usable in PvE. Especially now that the only way to get them is to be VIP.
    85 (Captain, Champion, Guardian)

Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post
    I can assure you that whatever you gear or trait in saruman t1 , will allow you to heal just fine.I was referring to t2 fights, should have mentioned .T2 would prove much harder.
    And no , i totally disagree , i believe i can heal much more blue traited , with ToO gear ( using both WoC , RC with larder cd , inspires etc) , than swapping pvp gears and spamming RC's as fast as i can with red traits. + That your fellowship wont regen power in phases 3,4,5 from RC trait. Unless you manage to slot 5 reds , and 1 blue ( or 5 red 2 blues for banner as well ),sacrificing the 2 yellow set , which personally i've never even bothered trying in raid , because of the mark cds.I believe 2 yellows is a must ( for marks and mostly because i love composure , 2 RC's in a row is just epic and ofc there is to arms legacy as well , which can't be ignored) , but a couple of blues are a total must-have as well for raids.
    My experience in T2 ToO is Acid T2C, Lightning T2C, and F&F T2. I agree that in all of those the 6s Rallying Cry is not so potent. I am typically designated the Command Set captain in my raid group, so I don't often take advantage of the 22s Shadow's Lament from the Perseverance set. Perseverance sure makes the trash a breeze.

Saruman T2, we'll we're gonna take a crack at that some time. Meant to yesterday, didn't have a full raid group. Gonna try 5r/2b once or twice at least; if those fellas aren't clustered up for me to make the full use of red capstone's increased number of PA's/min, I anticipate having to go 5b/2y no capstone, or maybe 2r/2y/3b.

As for traiting red in Saruman T1: I go 5r/2b. Relentless Optimism and NfW are must haves. My fellowship WILL regen power. I don't consider 2 yellow's must haves; Red capstone can count for more damage than +5s to BB to arms. Kinda miss the mark CD, but you and the other capt can just alternate marks and switch targets right before the current target dies to get around that.
    My 5r/2b Rally cries are 94% of what they would be if I were HoH.
    WoC ~84% of what they would be HoH
    Inspire legacy never makes the cut for me so my red inspires are about 90% as effective (estimate) as my HoH ones.
    %s from http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...ng-Comparisons
    Those RC's come a lot quicker though, which counts for a lot. Better to counter frost attack burst AoE damage with burst AoE heals.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000363f98/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rechart, Warden
    [url="http://platemetaljacket.blogspot.com/"]Plate Metal Jacket[/url]

3x perserverance is so blatantly overpowered for every PVE captain traitline (with capstone) it's a joke. But that doesn't mean it doesn't fit well in PvP. I have no clue... Why they didn't make it 4x. That would've at least limited the usefulness while combining it with ToO gear.

You tanking? 3x perserverance lowers the cd of routing cry. You can nearly tank a boss with continuous force taunts.

You dps'ing? You can get shadow's lament to a 14s cooldown combined with 3x dagor. Captain's are having threat problems SL is off CD so much.

You healing? Well... It's true, Depending on the adds in a fight, it may be meaningless. But on the offchance you get a crit response right before an add dies, (happens all the time to me in lightning) perserverance just netted you an extra rally cry.

Lightning has limrafn's, that'll be at least 2 defeat events per fight. Possibly more... Depending how fast your group is.
    FnF is such a broken stupid fight that to my knowledge only one group has completed it, and not at all the way it was designed. FnF T2 has arguably more trash-adds than any other wing, but nobody's actually killing them because the fight's designed poorly.
    Acid has a lot, if you aren't burg-zerging it.
    Shadow has a lot. If you disagree you may be forgetting about roots.
    Saruman... Since you can use PA on multiple sarumans for 90% of the fight, it's pretty easy to keep a 15s RC on cooldown nearly the whole fight.

So... I guess my point is i'm inclined to disagree that 6s rally cry doesn't come in useful during raiding. And even if you didn't like it... you can still do 3x pers/3x dagor while 5r for some incredible damage & tons of crit responses.

Quote Originally Posted by DuneBug View Post
    ... i swear you're a rep for this stupid gamepad. We get it, you're cool cause you bought a gamepad for 60$. It's probably a TOS violation but hey they won't punish you for it, so who cares.

btw you also carry around 3-4 different armor sets, enjoy those repair costs; Not to mention you apparently farmed up all 3 moors sets in commendations, so you're also VIP, and had a lot of time on your hands.
    Nothing to do with being cool, just doing the best I can. Anyone with the money to purchase this game has enough to purchase the G13... Which is a fantastic addition to ANY game, not just LotRO, as well as tons of application for general computing. It relieves a lot of carpal tunnel issues, too.

Nothing stupid about it. It's a fantastic addition, even if you don't use the macros, and simply replace your keyboard clicks with the gamepad. It's a lot more intuitive than the keyboard. Turbine has said that it is *not* a TOS violation to use it.

Repair costs happen a lot less when you die less often. Mostly its just weapon damage. Yep, I am VIP, but I only have 11 pieces of spare gear (plus 6 extra LIs).

I like captains, and I want captains to be their best. A G13 helps with that. Why not espouse it? Quite a few people in our kinship use one, and they are indispensable once you try.

I do wish you had been more positive in your first reply to me.

I was probably in a bad mood, you seem like a decent fellow. I apologize.

I think part of my malice is you've taken swapping to an extreme, which is exactly why it shouldn't be allowed; Swapping weapons is plausible, changing out an armor set is kind of a joke. Turbine is unlikely to change that so I'll just have to deal with it.

Anyway my count from your post was you had 5 pieces of tognir for the MS boost.
    3 pieces of perserverance for the DE cooldown.
    +2 pieces of perserverance for improved make haste
    3 pieces of dagor for the SL cooldown
    3 pieces of command for the LS cooldown,

*soon to have 2.5 minute res cd, which is 3 pieces of the loyalty set.
    In total i count 16 pieces if you want all those bonuses; Maybe you can leave 2 at home if you don't need make haste.

Anyway you can accomplish the same thing as your gamepad with Auto Hotkey (plugin) for anyone interested. I've heard it's all the rage for pve burgs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2