We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Etiquette for Command Respect?

I just got the Command Respect skill and am hesitant about trying it out.

Is using the skill in a crowded area (like a vault) the sort of thing that will get you black-listed?

lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post
    Is using the skill in a crowded area (like a vault) the sort of thing that will get you black-listed?
    Do it more than once to me and yes, do it many times and get reported for harassment.

These forced emotes are asinine but Turbine refuse to make them optional so black-listing those that make me suffer them is the only thing I can do.

I've never understood why it makes people angry or suffer (as the last poster put it) but it doesn't matter if I understand or not; if people don't like it, don't do it to them. I make sure to only use that skill among close friends and people who have specifically asked me not to.

4 Twinfall Path, Tund Nir, Falathlorn Homesteads, Eldar
    Quote Originally Posted by Selebrimbor View Post
    and people who have specifically asked me not to.
    Lol 5 chars

Quote Originally Posted by angryhands View Post
    Lol 5 chars
    ROFL Ooops!

Quote Originally Posted by Selebrimbor View Post
    I've never understood why it makes people angry or suffer (as the last poster put it) but it doesn't matter if I understand or not; if people don't like it, don't do it to them. I make sure to only use that skill among close friends and people who have specifically asked me not to.
    EDIT: I meant people who have specifically asked me to.

I only use Command Respect when I'm among friends. Usually at the end of a raid, to make them all bow down to the Captain who single-handedly won the day for them.

Seriously, though, just use common sense about it. Running around spamming forced emotes for no reason wins you no friends.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Son of jorel kneel before zod!

Like with the festival consumables, I think there's a hidden deed to use it 500 times so, use it everywhere, all the time. Spamming it in a crowded vault area is the fastest way to complete the deed.

Quote Originally Posted by SapienChavez View Post
    Son of jorel kneel before zod!
    Lol...I always think of this when I use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberticus View Post
    Like with the festival consumables, I think there's a hidden deed to use it 500 times so, use it everywhere, all the time. Spamming it in a crowded vault area is the fastest way to complete the deed.
    @ the OP: there is no deed, just so you know. Save it for friends and kinmates. While the cool-down is long enough that a single person can't really spam it, there are enough annoying people in the game that will use their group emotes in busy areas that it can be...annoying.

I like to use it when I arrive in the instance for a kin raid or skirmish. "KNEEL BEFORE ME!" Then some burglar generally makes everyone sneeze.
    [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Never purchased the skill... Never will.

Seemed like a cheesy way to get "respect". I like to earn it.

I use it for defensive purposes against those that spam forced emotes on me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStormKing View Post
    Never purchased the skill... Never will.

Seemed like a cheesy way to get "respect". I like to earn it.
    I DEMAND respect!

You are a Captain Feldermaus, a leader of other men. People are suppose to respect and kneel to you So I would use it without discretion. And anyone who would blacklist you over such a trivial thing is so petty I would prefer them on my blist anyway lol

Well, it does have a 2:30 cooldown so it's not exactly spammable. Plus it doesn't hinder gameplay in any way.
    Beastwise - Captain, R15 | Shock and Awe
    Currently playing on Gladden, formerly Brandywine.

festival consumables are infinitely more annoying than the class ones

It's the kind of thing I only ever do once to take a screenshot and annoy people. Most people don't tend to mind the odd one-off, but stand there hitting it every two and a half minutes and people may get a tad irritated. Of course, the only real issue you face is that when you use yours, it seems to inspire others on other captains, champs or minstrels to use theirs too. This... this is much more annoying.

I'm a captain, Kneel before me!

I do this whenever I want, have never been reported for it, can't see how being reported for it would do anything because it's a legitimate skill in the game and can't be used to inhibit a player's movement like some of the festival consumables that make you fall over.

Etiquette? Use it when people aren't moving around, that way they go through the whole animation and you get the respect you deserve.

If someone whines at you about it... I would avoid that person because they are a stooge.

It's always better if you can say something funny just before you hit it.

"Let me lead you all in a moment of prayer. Please kneel."

"Kneel and take a good look at the a$$ next to you. Your fellow expects you to cover it in this fight."

"Oh man, I dropped a gold piece when I pulled my sword. Do you see it?"
    or
    "Quick, find my contact lens. I'm gonna need it for this fight."

"Duck while I get his attention!"

Quote Originally Posted by DuneBug View Post
    Etiquette? Use it when people aren't moving around, that way they go through the whole animation and you get the respect you deserve.
    lol exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Ingiogal View Post
    "Duck while I get his attention!"
    i usually yell, "KNEEL SERVANTS!" and not the zod line i said above, though i always THINK the zod line...

but this line of yours brings a favorite to mind, James Coburn (the only guy better with throwing knives than my avatar!)

"Duck, you sucker!"

LOVE that movie!

I think its gonna be my new Command Respect line! thanks!

The line...

BOW TO YOUR SENSEI!!!!!!!

...is another good one to use with the emote.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Quote Originally Posted by Lupini View Post
    @ the OP: there is no deed, just so you know.
    Yes, there is. Most captains don't know about it because they're too uptight to use Command Respect. Spam it and complete your deed!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast