We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Talking Lotro Veteran Status?

How about Lotro veteran status like what DDO has where you can purchase Veteran Status and have the ability to start at level 4/7 if you have a level 4 or 7+ character? But since XP and leveling is a lot different in LOTRO than it is in DDO what if you could start at level 20 or 30 if you had a character that is level 75? It'd probably be 1,395 tp or so but it's worth it to not have to repeat those intro quests another time...Also you would have a choice of skipping the intro to level 20 or 30, or leveling up the normal way.
    *Not sure if I posted this in the correct place, but I did not see any other fitting to it*
    Last edited by gamefreak9199; Jul 09 2012 at 08:09 PM.

Taking a toon to lvl 20 takes about 8h of time, less when questing with some friends. I like the starter areas with their low-risk high-reward quests. This is the time where you fall in or out of love with your new toon. This is when you learn the basic mechanics of your new toon. This is when you need to start learning about it. Yes, there are enough lvl 75 toons around where I sometimes ask myself how they even reached lvl 20. Before the Moria revamp, that place was dangerous and you were forced to to learn your class and playing together with others. Now it's like the Shire with more dangerous mobs and most players go through to lvl 75 not competent enough to join in a raid. Playing the starter areas gives traits and virtues. Skipping this doesn't and only creates more high-level noobs than there already are. I like your idea but for the sake of everybody: please don't do this!

There used to be an option on the character generation screen to skip the intro and start at level 5 (I think). It was removed a while ago. I believe the reason is to force people to go through the intro stuff so that TP grinders can't make new toons and instantly start raking in TP with deeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    There used to be an option on the character generation screen to skip the intro and start at level 5 (I think). It was removed a while ago. I believe the reason is to force people to go through the intro stuff so that TP grinders can't make new toons and instantly start raking in TP with deeds.
    That was moved to the store actually.