We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Rohirrim Soldier appearance?

Is there anyone who has bought the Legendary Pre-order and actually installed the Rohirrim Male or Female Soldier appearance, and can tell me what they look like? Or is there a link to an image anywhere about?

I'm curious ... but I have the feeling that once installed, they can't be removed.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

I clicked on them and installed them, but have not change the appearance of any of my soldiers. To be honest I forgot about these items already.

i will try to remember that tonight and see how they look and if i CAN remove them once installed.
    I wonder what IS behind that waterfall?
    The Player Council knows!

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Is there anyone who has bought the Legendary Pre-order and actually installed the Rohirrim Male or Female Soldier appearance, and can tell me what they look like? Or is there a link to an image anywhere about?

I'm curious ... but I have the feeling that once installed, they can't be removed.
    I have that option. It's just a skill you can set like the one for Dwarf or a Snow-man at a Skirmish Trainer. Change it anytime you like.
    [B]Airgoidhwen of the Dale[/B], Captain
    [B]Aoalmiorn, Son of Wulfgeat[/B], Lore-master, steed - Felarófgeld
    [B]Erynir of Lorien[/B], Warden

Quote Originally Posted by ETSubmariner View Post
    I have that option. It's just a skill you can set like the one for Dwarf or a Snow-man at a Skirmish Trainer. Change it anytime you like.
    What he said.

The soldier changes appearance based on what class you're running (e.g. a Warrior has a helmet on) but they look like the Rohirrim you meet in Stangard and such. There are some pictures in this article on CSTM.
    Re-ni-AN-nen - strayed (ppt. of renia- 'to stray')
    Aeled Reniannen, Defender of Middle-earth ~ Nendhiniel, Forge-Warden : Captain and Wardenette from [EN-RP] Laurelin
    Fluffrash, Blade of Barashish ~ Nathraen, Conqueror of Towers : Warg Puppy and Spider Tailor from the darker side thereof
    Faradwen, Swift-Arrow : Huntress from [EN-RE] Landroval

As if in answer there came from far away another note. Horns, horns, horns. In dark Mindolluin's sides they dimly echoed. Great horns of the North wildly blowing. Rohan had come at last.
    ~~~~~
    Kári was a little Dwarf. / Smaller than you or me. / And wherever Kári went / He took his axe… or three.

and can tell me what they look like? Or is there a link to an image anywhere about?
    You actually see them everytime you log in. Look at the splash screen advertisement and they are standing in the background. More of a plain uniform compared to the armour set you get from the legendary.

Found a male solider pic from the web:

Last edited by JustAmy; Jul 10 2012 at 05:06 AM.

I'm hoping that with RoR comes Captain reputation-gated armament recipes to alter the appearance of our pet to that of a Rohirrim soldier. It's high time for attention in that regard, as the current list of Captain pet cosmetics is at a standstill, compared to the options Loremasters have with their pets.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140100000b9311/signature.png]Mavirthael[/charsig]

6 Chestnut Street, Branway, Breeland, Crickhollow

There are two variants, male and female - Rohirrim man and woman and Rohirrim warrior, man and woman. Like any other skirmish soldier cosmetic they can be equipped or un-equipped at a Skirmish Captain

Red

Thanks, everybody, this is just what I wanted to know. (I didn't know you could just go to the Skirmish Camp and change your Soldier's appearance. I do not skirmish all that often; but it looks as if I'm going to have to do some of that if I want to be able to do the Limlight Gorge quests: against those 300K Morale spiders I'm going to need all the help I can get. )
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Unfortunately if you have a Protector soldier, even with the Rohirrim skin they still use a Club and a Dwarf Shield.

By God I hate that so much.
    Hunter & alts on Snowborne since 2007, now on Evernight.

Thanks, everybody, this is just what I wanted to know. (I didn't know you could just go to the Skirmish Camp and change your Soldier's appearance. I do not skirmish all that often; but it looks as if I'm going to have to do some of that if I want to be able to do the Limlight Gorge quests: against those 300K Morale spiders I'm going to need all the help I can get. )
    These are not designed to be duo mobs. They're designed to be fellowship encounters. Consider LFF-ing for the rest of a party with your husband. I can't imagine even 2 skirmish soldiers will make the difference with the larger spiders especially with all the adds.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler