We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

T7 - Riders of Stangard rep recipes -- extremely difficult to craft for another toon!

Upon reaching Friend status with the Riders of Stangard, I decided that I would have my lvl 75 Tailor (Hunter) make a set of Rep armour for himself, and for my lvl 75 RK (Scholar).

Upon chatting with Colbrand, the Crafting Recipe Vendor in Stanford, I discovered that all of the Rep Recipes
    1- Cost "tokens," not cash
    2- Were Bind on Acquire (BoA)
    3- Were Single-Use

Now, for one toon -- the Hunter himself, this is not a big deal. He had enough tokens to acquire the recipes and enough Sigils to make the armour.

Of course, to make the Critted version one needs a Westfold Crafting Manual -- which also requires a sigil and is made by a scholar. This was cool... My scholar can make the journals in exchange for a set of Armour. OOPS.

While the armour itself is Bind on Equip, (BoE) and can therefore be sold/traded/placed in shared storage -- the recipes are the issue -- because they are BoA and the Silver Tokens of the Anduin are NOT!

That means that my Scholar cannot acquire the recipe for my Tailor -- at least Colbrand realizes this and won't sell them to me, and therefore prevents me from "wasting tokens" -- nor can he pass my Tailor tokens to make the acquisition on his behalf.

Clearly this is a bug. (Or a serious design flaw.) It prevents the current "End Game" Armour from being acquired by those who need it, if they happen to be a different profession.

My Jeweler is now 74 and will be headed to the Great River shortly. The Great River Jewelry is apparently in the same situation. (Although there are only 4 of them rather than 6 -- i.e. only 80 tokens per set rather than 120!

Sigh... yes, I have bugged this behavior.
    Last edited by Valamar; Jul 09 2012 at 06:15 PM.
    Bill Magill - Mac Player - Old Timers Guild- Gladden:

Partial cast
    Valamar: Dwarf Hunter - Level 105
    Valdicta: Dwarf Rune-keeper - Level 105
    Valanne: Beorning - Level 91

Join the Tailor's Guild, if you haven't already - you'll get all of the Theodred's and Great River recipes for that profession as permanent recipes from your guild, purchased in gold rather than in barter items. Plus, they'll be automatic crit versions with no scholar's journal required.

How do the recipes being BoA, like tokens, mean that you cannot make armor for your RK?

Is your issue not enough tokens? Do the repeatables around GR. Yep, it may take a few days.

The recipes being rep-gated and BoA is a design decision, one you are free to argue against. But your assertion that this somehow totally prevents people from acquiring GR armor/jewelery is false.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestache View Post
    Join the Tailor's Guild, if you haven't already - you'll get all of the Theodred's and Great River recipes for that profession as permanent recipes from your guild, purchased in gold rather than in barter items. Plus, they'll be automatic crit versions with no scholar's journal required.
    ^^ this.
    Are you a member of the guild? There is a week cooldown, but the guild recipes are auto crit.
    85 RK | 85 CHMP | 75 BRG | many others