We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Active times for Laurelin

Hello fellow players,
    I come from Landroval, and am thinking of switching to Laurelin due to the griefers in Landroval. The GM's don't enforce RP rules since it isn't an official RP server. Anyways, I live in the Central time zone in America, so what times would the server be most active for someone living where I do?
    Cheers,
    Ragnavald
    EDIT: I see the acronym NA times. What does the NA stand for?

NA is "North America".

Laurelin gets pretty quiet after midnight GMT (7pm EST/8pm EDT) - but it's a busy server, so quiet is relative. There are always pockets of players - particularly RPers who "go all night" (depending on where you are) and sometimes into the next day too. If you're looking to run instances, though, you'll probably find it harder - globallff always seems to quieten down a lot. Mind you, it's possible that there are some NA-based channels that I'm not seeing.

That said, there are plenty of American and Canadian players - so you'll hardly be alone. I think Oaric's Iron Axes might have been a kin for NA players. Might be worth seeing if he or any others have any ideas.

Anyway, welcome to Laurelin!

Thumbs up

Laurelin is a great server - busy 18:00 to 00:00 gmt - be aware though that
    globallff is shunned by MANY people as it is full of trolls and children but there are many raiding rp and kinship channels which you will get invited to once people get to know you . If you are a pvp person then you will find that ther isnt a lot of pvp . You will find a few freeps in ettens sometimes but a lot of people do quests there until the gank squads get on - then they leave.

It is a very friendly server and you are very likely to find people who will help out -particualrly if its not for uber kit reasons or virtue farming -

Welcome

Welcome to Laurelin

Its a great server with a lot of immersive RP, inspired by Tolkien's works! There are always rpers around, even during late times (which would be the time you and other folks from US play on)
    Granted, its not that active as it is during EU prime time |but| i prefer quality>quantity. Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts.

Feel free to drop me a tell in-game if you like and will let you know how to meet many more rpers during your time-play

Cheers

Laurelin has a steady influx of NA RPers, as well as the odd EU/Australians who plays at odd hours.

I mainly play on NA evening, and since I've joined a year ago, there are more and more RPers joining during NA evening hours. While it gets a bit hard to find a group for low level instances after about about 9pm server time (8 pm central), there are always RPer about, if the pony is any indication. (Not that I'm suggesting that Pony RP is consistently high quality or even enjoyable.)

Also, since there are very few scheduled RP events during NA evening hours, and there's the RP server rules in place, Laurelin is a great place for dedicate NA RPer to create and organize the exact type of RP style that you want, in peace, and without the risk of attracted griefers. In my opinion and observation, we currently have far more NA rper than RP during NA evening hours.

If you build it, they will come, and currently it is a good time to build your own NA rp community on Laurelin.

I'll second what Mistwood said above - Laurelin is a great place where you can make it what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by sarlinspellweaver View Post
    NA is "North America".

Laurelin gets pretty quiet after midnight GMT (7pm EST/8pm EDT) - but it's a busy server, so quiet is relative. There are always pockets of players - particularly RPers who "go all night" (depending on where you are) and sometimes into the next day too. If you're looking to run instances, though, you'll probably find it harder - globallff always seems to quieten down a lot. Mind you, it's possible that there are some NA-based channels that I'm not seeing.

That said, there are plenty of American and Canadian players - so you'll hardly be alone. I think Oaric's Iron Axes might have been a kin for NA players. Might be worth seeing if he or any others have any ideas.

Anyway, welcome to Laurelin!

Aye, thanks for the mention! Yes, we're very NA focused in that I and a number of folk are North Americans, trying to bring together as many people as possible. But we also do have a fairly decent EU component, and *gasp!* a few Aussies!

If you're looking for server info Calaver, or possibly to join, feel free to drop a line. Even if you have no interest in the kin, drop a line anyway. Always glad to meet new and enthusiastic folk.

Peace!