We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

No subscription on account?

Hello,

I have a Turbine account from way back, and can use it to log in here of course (I think I used it for LOTRO around launch for a trial or some such). Anyway, now that the game is F2P I wanted to give it a try. When I try to login, I get an error:

The username entered does not have an active "LOTRO" subscription. Please try another username.

Bwah? I thought the game was free now?

Any ideas on how I can log in with my existing account?

Since your join date is 0, er Dec 1969, I am assuming that you were in the beta. If you never played the game after release you never had a real game subscription. You will need to make one, and then you can play for free. If you did play the game after release, you should contact Turbine account support.

No subscription for free to play? 9 Hours no reply from open ticket

Good business model!! Way to go Turbine! Look at all of the other free to play games available. None of them make you wait to get a cd key for an account subscription that is free to play. Ariea Gaames, Perfect World, Cryptic, Trion, none of them make you go through waiting for support to get a cd key to play their product. And before you troll me, yes I know how the model works when you buy the game you get the cd key. However that being said you would agree that when they went free to play, when you craete an account for a free to play game that requires said CD key they would email it to you when the account gets created. 9 hours and no reply from when I submitted a ticket. Gosh where to spend my money, no Turbine game working to spend it on, guess I will have to continue playing Neverwinter, Star Trek Online, Star Wars The Old Republic, Foresaken Worlds, Rift, Terra, none of them make you contact support. Do you really think you are going to keep players interested in your product if they have to wait hours. You should sell cars like this, yes what a great model, here are some cars, you can't drive any until we let you have the keys. What's that mister customer, oh your going somewhere else, but you would really like our cars (Game) and buy or in warranty (Merchandise) if you just waited a little longer.

Turbine This isn't the 90's anymore, get with today's business models. Learn from General Motors, if you do not change with the times other companies will bankrupt you.

Very Unsatisfied!

Quote Originally Posted by Magistare View Post
    Good business model!! Way to go Turbine! Look at all of the other free to play games available. None of them make you wait to get a cd key for an account subscription that is free to play. Ariea Gaames, Perfect World, Cryptic, Trion, none of them make you go through waiting for support to get a cd key to play their product. And before you troll me, yes I know how the model works when you buy the game you get the cd key. However that being said you would agree that when they went free to play, when you craete an account for a free to play game that requires said CD key they would email it to you when the account gets created. 9 hours and no reply from when I submitted a ticket. Gosh where to spend my money, no Turbine game working to spend it on, guess I will have to continue playing Neverwinter, Star Trek Online, Star Wars The Old Republic, Foresaken Worlds, Rift, Terra, none of them make you contact support. Do you really think you are going to keep players interested in your product if they have to wait hours. You should sell cars like this, yes what a great model, here are some cars, you can't drive any until we let you have the keys. What's that mister customer, oh your going somewhere else, but you would really like our cars (Game) and buy or in warranty (Merchandise) if you just waited a little longer.

Turbine This isn't the 90's anymore, get with today's business models. Learn from General Motors, if you do not change with the times other companies will bankrupt you.

Very Unsatisfied!
    No key is required to play LotRO since free-to-play launched. Simply download the client, create an account on the website, log-in and play.

The only time you need a key is if you want to add another subscription to your existing account.

Perhaps you should have tried playing before posting your rant?
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by HellsChicken View Post
    Hello,

I have a Turbine account from way back, and can use it to log in here of course (I think I used it for LOTRO around launch for a trial or some such). Anyway, now that the game is F2P I wanted to give it a try. When I try to login, I get an error:

The username entered does not have an active "LOTRO" subscription. Please try another username.

Bwah? I thought the game was free now?

Any ideas on how I can log in with my existing account?
    Having the exact same issue. Played LotRO early on. Bought Moria. Bought Mirkwood. Bought Isengard. Played a Runekeeper to mid 60s and quit.

Now when I try to log in with my existing account (username and password retrieved), the client comes up with an error "No Subscription for LotRO found."

When I visit the Turbine page and log in with the same account info, I can see DDO info, but no LotRO info. To add to it, I've combed through the KB, and the area where they claim you can add LotRO to your account doesn't exist. (presumably because I already have LotRO account).

Any help would be great! (^^b

Quote Originally Posted by Ehime View Post
    Having the exact same issue. Played LotRO early on. Bought Moria. Bought Mirkwood. Bought Isengard. Played a Runekeeper to mid 60s and quit.

Now when I try to log in with my existing account (username and password retrieved), the client comes up with an error "No Subscription for LotRO found."

When I visit the Turbine page and log in with the same account info, I can see DDO info, but no LotRO info. To add to it, I've combed through the KB, and the area where they claim you can add LotRO to your account doesn't exist. (presumably because I already have LotRO account).

Any help would be great! (^^b
    Please get in touch with Account Support. You can do this by calling them or going to support.turbine.com, clicking on "Support Center", then "Submit a Ticket." Contact Account Support toll-free at 1-855-WBGAMES Account Support Hours: 10am – 7pm Eastern Time 7 days a week (GMT -5).

Quote Originally Posted by Ehime View Post
    Played LotRO early on. Bought Moria. Bought Mirkwood. Bought Isengard. Played a Runekeeper to mid 60s and quit.

When I visit the Turbine page and log in with the same account info, I can see DDO info, but no LotRO info.
    Are you sure your LotRO subscription was under the same account as your DDO subscription? Some people have had issues if they had two separate accounts before and when coming back after a long break they try logging in using the wrong one.

Was your LotRO subscription always with Turbine, or migrated over from a Codemaster's account?

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    No key is required to play LotRO since free-to-play launched. Simply download the client, create an account on the website, log-in and play.

The only time you need a key is if you want to add another subscription to your existing account.

Perhaps you should have tried playing before posting your rant?
    Actually maybe you should research before subscribing advice... Creating a new account on lotro.com and downloading the client does not let you play the game. A subscription error comes up. That's what he is having a problem with and so am I. A subscription is being required to play this game. Downloading the client and entering your information you created doesn't let you into the game. Why doesn't it work? It gives you an error message that says "No LOTR subscription found". ... ..... and more ...

I read the FAQ and it says what you just said to the tee. It says that but does another. I'll keep researching and reading.... hopefully I can log into my not-at-all f2p game.

EDIT: the FAQ says to ask Turbine for the product key : http://support.turbine.com/link/port...w-do-I-do-this
    Last edited by SJStriker; Jan 01 2015 at 08:39 PM.

That FAQ only applies to customers that did not use the DDO or Lotro account creation tool. Or they used the Lotro account creation tool to make a new Turbine account with a Lotro gaming account now they want to play DDO using the same Turbine account. Or they want a second Lotro account. You have to ask for a product key if you want to add an additional gaming account to an existing Turbine account.

Turbine must have changed something broke the Lotro account creation tool on lotro.com. It reads like all that the tool does currently is create a Turbine with no Lotro account attached to the Turbine account. Hopefully Turbine will get this issue fixed sometime this month after everybody gets back from the Christmas and New Years holidays.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Thumbs down

Has there been any update to this? My husband and my account says it doesn't exist, we did play after the beta, and we even had purchased VIP status in the past. But now it says we do not exist, and I cannot find a thread more recent than this one that mentions any fixes. I should not have to email and wait to play a game that they want me to spend my money in, that is kind of ridiculous. You know how many potential customers this could lose? Hopefully there is a fix, otherwise this is just very bad marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by ColeynH View Post
    Has there been any update to this? My husband and my account says it doesn't exist, we did play after the beta, and we even had purchased VIP status in the past. But now it says we do not exist, and I cannot find a thread more recent than this one that mentions any fixes. I should not have to email and wait to play a game that they want me to spend my money in, that is kind of ridiculous. You know how many potential customers this could lose? Hopefully there is a fix, otherwise this is just very bad marketing.
    File a ticket - or call. There have been a couple of others who have asked here on forums past year or two, it seems to have worked out fine after submitting an account related ticket to Turbine!

Good luck and happy gaming when you get it resolved

Note that if your two accounts were with old EU server hosts Codemasters, that's a major issue. If I recall the details, when all that game information was to be moved back to Turbine, all personal information had to be removed within a set time. This was due to European regulation concerning privacy law. I think the time given to 'migrate' your account EU > US was about a year? A year and a half?

But best pop a ticket anyway.

Unhappy Steam - lotro

So I am wondering why I can't use my game on steam like I did a month back. Here is what they are saying to do for a free game client on steam to find this key. To get the key to add into your turbine account to get the free subscription. Well Can't view a key when that isn't an option given in the steam listing. View forum, dlcs , community hub, new, community guides just hard to play a game I like with characters already made.

I already have a Turbine account but to add a LOTRO or DDO subscription it says I need a product key. Where do I get this since I downloaded the game for free from Steam?

In the Steam client, go to 'Library'
    Right-click on the game in your Steam games list.
    Select 'View CD Key'.
    Go to https://myaccount.turbine.com and enter the key into the Product Key Activation Wizard.

Nysole

Quote Originally Posted by nysole View Post
    So I am wondering why I can't use my game on steam like I did a month back. Here is what they are saying to do for a free game client on steam to find this key. To get the key to add into your turbine account to get the free subscription. Well Can't view a key when that isn't an option given in the steam listing. View forum, dlcs , community hub, new, community guides just hard to play a game I like with characters already made.

I already have a Turbine account but to add a LOTRO or DDO subscription it says I need a product key. Where do I get this since I downloaded the game for free from Steam?

In the Steam client, go to 'Library'
    Right-click on the game in your Steam games list.
    Select 'View CD Key'.
    Go to https://myaccount.turbine.com and enter the key into the Product Key Activation Wizard.

Nysole
    I also use the Steam version. Steam never gave me a key for this game for my existing account. You will need to do what I did. Get a key from Turbine itself. Go here:
    http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...?style=classic
    Fill out a email ticket asking for a key.
    Game = Lotro
    Question Type = Account or Access
    Question = Need New Key / Account

fill out the rest of the fields.

Turbine only works M-F. The earliest you would get a response would be Monday. I believe current turn around time for email tickets is 2-3 days. That would be Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.