We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    And like I said, I would be fine with simply making them reset when out of combat. But I strongly believe Captains should have these abilities available to them during combat. If it's fine that they reset for raid boss encoutners, then they should reset for other encounters too. That wouldn't imbalance the game or negatively impact instance mechanics in any way I can think of.
    Long story short: We need a dedicate out of combat rez.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    Well, why not, indeed.
    In-combat rez is the ultimate CD in MMOs. Some fights like Gortheron or Saruman were not designed for 2m30 rezzes; and I do enjoy those long fights. If you have -5min CD rezzes, you make the devs think again before designing good bosses fights likes Gorthy or Saruman and youll get dull DPS fights.

But of course you can have a different opinion, i'm just exposing mine.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0421500000004a797/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Leonide View Post
    Well, why not, indeed.
    In-combat rez is the ultimate CD in MMOs. Some fights like Gortheron or Saruman were not designed for 2m30 rezzes; and I do enjoy those long fights. If you have -5min CD rezzes, you make the devs think again before designing good bosses fights likes Gorthy or Saruman and youll get dull DPS fights.

But of course you can have a different opinion, i'm just exposing mine.
    Big difference from having trivial cooldown on the in combat rezzes, and then having a dedicated out of combat rez. I want the latter - NOT the former.

What I assume Jeremi was asking for was a way to use an in combat rez as an out of combat one.

This is what I'm saying:

Escape from Darkness = 30 minute cooldown.
    Cry of Veangence = 30 minute cool down.

30 minutes is an unacceptably long cool down IMHO. Especially when you consider the fact that in-combat raises are most useful when learning new content (which probably means wiping and re-entering combat a lot). And in situations like those, only being able to raise once every half hour just isn't gong to cut it. A fact even the game seems to recognize, as they purposely reset these abilities after raid boss encounters.

And to point out the obvious just in case it is brought up - yes I know the cool down can be reduced on Escape from Darkness using traits and legacies. But a Captain shouldn't be forced to give up a trait slot and level up a legacy just so they can have one of their abilities available to them on a reasonable and consistent basis in my opinion.

That's why I strongly believe the cool-downs on these abilities should reset after combat. It would make them more dependable - as a Captain could actually rely on having them available. And this solution would also give us the added fix of being able to raise people when out of combat without having to effectively "waste" our cool down - which is just lame and another bad side-effect of these ridiculous cool downs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigMenace View Post
    Yeah, if you don't trait this res, it's pretty unuseable. Even traited the CD is way too long, probably could use some CD reduction.
    I disagree, I find it very helpful when in the moors. Can change the course of the battle. Just saying.... i would like to see the CD reduced, and the range extended. I cant tell you how many times one of my fellows died, but I was too far away and the skill never became available.... kinda dumb.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000052fac/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    I disagree with this too. RK, Minnis, and LMs all have out of combat rezzes. In most group makeups, you will at least have one of these three in your party. I would like to see cappy rezzes reset after combat, but that would negatively impact PVmP, cappies would become way OP due to constant rezzing and buffing with CoV. I believe an acceptable solution would be to reduce CD (Without having to trait), I would also like to see the induction decreased too. I hate it when trying to rez and you are being attacked by tons of mobs, knocking down your rez. Sucks.... anyways thats my 1.5 cents.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000052fac/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by aadaboy19 View Post
    I disagree with this too. RK, Minnis, and LMs all have out of combat rezzes. In most group makeups, you will at least have one of these three in your party. I would like to see cappy rezzes reset after combat, but that would negatively impact PVmP, cappies would become way OP due to constant rezzing and buffing with CoV. I believe an acceptable solution would be to reduce CD (Without having to trait), I would also like to see the induction decreased too. I hate it when trying to rez and you are being attacked by tons of mobs, knocking down your rez. Sucks.... anyways thats my 1.5 cents.
    Aadaboy, all they would have to do is make them reset only for PvE. They already make them reset for just raid boss encounters. So it wouldn't be nothing new - and woudn't affect PvmP in any way if they did it that way.

And I couldn't count for you the number of times I've been in a group without those classes you name. A lot of Captains play healer for 3 and 6 man content. And our lack of a out-of-combat raise without burning a long-&&& cooldown is just obnoxious at times, and forces players to have to trek the dungeon back. It's a needless annoyance in my opinion.

I do agree with you about shortening the induction though, and I should have mentioned that. I totally agree there is nothing on this game more annoying then trying to raise someone while being attacked.
    Last edited by Jeremi; Jul 12 2012 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aadaboy19 View Post
    I disagree with this too. RK, Minnis, and LMs all have out of combat rezzes. In most group makeups, you will at least have one of these three in your party.
    Except healing 3man's. There's no reasonable expectation a main-healing class will be along. We have the lucky privilege of telling someone they better start walking if they die. Also what possible balance reasons are there for not giving us an ooc res?
    105 (Captain, Champion)

every class should have an out of combat ress.

with all they are staling from Star Wars, might as well take this one too!

in that game, healing classes have no CD on thiers, nonhealers have a 30m CD.
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

Quote Originally Posted by SapienChavez View Post
    every class should have an out of combat ress.

with all they are staling from Star Wars, might as well take this one too!

in that game, healing classes have no CD on thiers, nonhealers have a 30m CD.
    I tend to agree with you on this. I don't see what value having to run back in through an empty instance after a wipe brings to a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    I tend to agree with you on this. I don't see what value having to run back in through an empty instance after a wipe brings to a game.
    Easy: An excuse to go play another!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2